Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Captain 10:58 - Sep 2 with 4451 viewshantssi

With both Hall and Leistner leaving who will be captain this year?
We’ve a very young squad which needs a leader on the pitch, doesn’t have to be a “shouter”, leading by example is perfectly acceptable.
Do you think it will be handed to Dickie, was he captain at Oxford?
Captain on 10:59 - Sep 2 with 3610 viewsdaveB

Barbet had the armband at the end of last season so imagine that will stay the same
Captain on 11:12 - Sep 2 with 3552 viewshantssi

Captain on 10:59 - Sep 2 by daveB

Barbet had the armband at the end of last season so imagine that will stay the same

Ah, wasn’t aware of that!
That’ll probably be it then.
Captain on 11:36 - Sep 2 with 3428 viewsnumptydumpty

I don't think it be Barbet. He too inconsistent in performance. Dickie sounds a possibility. There not too many leaders in our team as yet.. Do we think a captain means much anyhow in modern game.. We need eleven captains hopefully...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Captain on 11:48 - Sep 2 with 3375 viewstimcocking

Who's likely to be starting that has the most appearances for us or been here the longest? Should be them.
Captain on 11:48 - Sep 2 with 3378 viewsEsox_Lucius

Captain on 11:48 - Sep 2 by timcocking

Who's likely to be starting that has the most appearances for us or been here the longest? Should be them.

Joe Lumley or Ossie Kakay.

The grass is always greener.

Captain on 12:00 - Sep 2 with 3332 viewsflynnbo

Dominic Ball?
Captain on 12:14 - Sep 2 with 3290 viewsRBlock

If it's not Dom Ball I'm gonna loot the superstore. He's a hero.
Captain on 12:23 - Sep 2 with 3255 viewsbosh67

I would be happy with Ball, Barbet or Dickie taking the armband.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Captain on 12:39 - Sep 2 with 3187 viewslave16

Captain on 12:23 - Sep 2 by bosh67

I would be happy with Ball, Barbet or Dickie taking the armband.

Captain Tom

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Captain on 12:44 - Sep 2 with 3169 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Captain on 12:39 - Sep 2 by lave16

Captain Tom

To be fair he may be able to turn faster than Leistner.
Captain on 13:33 - Sep 2 with 3046 viewstoboboly

Captain on 12:44 - Sep 2 by CroydonCaptJack

To be fair he may be able to turn faster than Leistner.

And more combative than LTC

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Captain on 13:46 - Sep 2 with 3021 viewsSimonJames

I always thought Warbs had Lee Wallace penciled in for the role.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Captain on 17:02 - Sep 2 with 2708 viewsBeestonranger

Although I think there's too much emphasis placed on the role of captain in England compared to abroad, what we need is leadership on the pitch - preferably from more than one player.
Captain on 18:26 - Sep 2 with 2533 viewsnumptydumpty

Harry Maguire

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Captain on 19:57 - Sep 2 with 2400 viewsSharpy36

Captain on 18:26 - Sep 2 by numptydumpty

Harry Maguire

You mean Ronnie pickering

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Captain on 19:59 - Sep 2 with 2407 viewsCiderwithRsie

Elvis Brandeburg Kremmen

Captain on 23:22 - Sep 2 with 2187 viewsMyke

What the thread demonstrates is our lack of natural leaders. Either Dickie or Dykes may be skipper material in the future, but neither is proven at Championship level so it would be wrong to make them leader. The captain should be a cut above the rest, someone the rest naturally look up to. Ball is probably the best option, given that Cameron won't be playing that many games (imo), but he is one hell of a limited player to have as skipper. Wallace would probably have some leadership qualities, but lacking championship experience. Manning if he stays maybe, but there is no stand out candidate
Captain on 23:38 - Sep 2 with 2168 viewsCiderwithRsie

Captain on 23:22 - Sep 2 by Myke

What the thread demonstrates is our lack of natural leaders. Either Dickie or Dykes may be skipper material in the future, but neither is proven at Championship level so it would be wrong to make them leader. The captain should be a cut above the rest, someone the rest naturally look up to. Ball is probably the best option, given that Cameron won't be playing that many games (imo), but he is one hell of a limited player to have as skipper. Wallace would probably have some leadership qualities, but lacking championship experience. Manning if he stays maybe, but there is no stand out candidate

Fair point, well made.

TBH we've been lacking this for some time, all due respect to Leistner and Hall the former was pretty limited and had no previous connection to the club or players and the latter was always injured. Ned Onuaha was the last real one IMO.

I hope we go with Ball or Dickie and one of them (or someone else) emerges as a genuine leader for 2021-2. I'd love it to be Lumley because that'd mean the goalkeeping problem was sorted!
Captain on 23:40 - Sep 2 with 2166 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Captain on 23:22 - Sep 2 by Myke

I'd rather Chair as captain over Manning personally.

Probably Barbet at the start of the season then see how the dressing room evolves.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Captain on 23:42 - Sep 2 with 2159 viewsDWQPR

Shame Furlong left as I saw him as a future Rangers captain

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Captain on 00:05 - Sep 3 with 2129 viewsMyke

Captain on 23:42 - Sep 2 by DWQPR

Shame Furlong left as I saw him as a future Rangers captain

I agree. I saw him as both our captain and CB for many years and did not see his transfer coming. I suppose the only silver lining to his departure is that twelve months ago we were prepared to flog any half-saleable asset for virtually any price, whereas this summer we were prepared to dig our heels in over Eze until we got the valuation we were looking for. I guess that's progress of sorts.
Captain on 01:46 - Sep 3 with 2063 viewstimcocking

I've said it before, i'll say it again. The Italians reckon the longest serving player should be the captain and you don't usually go far wrong doing what they do, certainly not when it comes to football.

If only we asked them for help with our away kit too. Gutted.
Captain on 09:14 - Sep 3 with 1871 viewsTheChef

I don't know why but the role of captain is massively overplayed in English football, compared to other countries.

As mentioned above we should have eleven captains on the pitch all geeing each other on - or you look at our Championship winning team which nominally had Adel with the armband, but other captains all over the pitch.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Captain on 09:54 - Sep 3 with 1792 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think the captain is a hugely important role, off the field as well as on.

It has to be the best pro at the club, ideally a player who's also guaranteed a starting spot. The captain enforces the ethics for players. With a weak captain, a dressing room can get lazy and ill-disciplined.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Captain on 10:35 - Sep 3 with 1748 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Captain on 09:54 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I think the captain is a hugely important role, off the field as well as on.

It has to be the best pro at the club, ideally a player who's also guaranteed a starting spot. The captain enforces the ethics for players. With a weak captain, a dressing room can get lazy and ill-disciplined.

Yes agreed Brian. Especially in a young team like this one.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024