Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 114784 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 07:46 - Nov 7 with 1801 viewsJuzzie

Trump on 07:40 - Nov 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

This is all well and good on principle, but a lot like Labour, too many promises they won't be able to keep with no mention of the economy or cost.

It's all going to be free.

Why bring Labour into it? What has Labour, or even Tory, got to do with tne US election? (And lets not forget that as Mayor Boris did more u turns than a London taxi)

How about it saying;

“This is all well and good on principle, too many promises they won't be able to keep with no mention of the economy or cost.“
Trump on 07:52 - Nov 7 with 1766 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 07:46 - Nov 7 by Juzzie

Why bring Labour into it? What has Labour, or even Tory, got to do with tne US election? (And lets not forget that as Mayor Boris did more u turns than a London taxi)

How about it saying;

“This is all well and good on principle, too many promises they won't be able to keep with no mention of the economy or cost.“

Oh stop it, I've already told Bazz, there is no job vacancy for editing of other peoples posts.

The comparison is legit. to me anyway.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 08:03 - Nov 7 with 1749 viewsQPR_Jim

Trump on 07:52 - Nov 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Oh stop it, I've already told Bazz, there is no job vacancy for editing of other peoples posts.

He wants to help out people rather than corporations? He's a mad man who must be stopped!!!
Trump on 08:10 - Nov 7 with 1701 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 08:03 - Nov 7 by QPR_Jim

He wants to help out people rather than corporations? He's a mad man who must be stopped!!!

Jeremy Corbyn has gone mate

To be fair the Dem's also rejected Bernie, a lot of corporate people in the Dem's don'tyaknow
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 8:14]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 08:12 - Nov 7 with 1719 viewsJuzzie

Trump on 08:10 - Nov 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Jeremy Corbyn has gone mate

To be fair the Dem's also rejected Bernie, a lot of corporate people in the Dem's don'tyaknow
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 8:14]

But Boris hasn’t.

Touché
Trump on 08:14 - Nov 7 with 1713 viewsnix

Not trying to edit anyone's posts but can we please not go down the partisan route. We know where it ends. This has been such an informative thread and there are some really knowledgeable people on here. I'd like to see it continue and not be a proxy war between the right and left. Please.
Trump on 08:18 - Nov 7 with 1703 viewsrobith

Trump on 08:14 - Nov 7 by nix

Not trying to edit anyone's posts but can we please not go down the partisan route. We know where it ends. This has been such an informative thread and there are some really knowledgeable people on here. I'd like to see it continue and not be a proxy war between the right and left. Please.

Yeah, pack it in. Has been a good thread, I go to bed and everyone's started acting like nobs
Trump on 09:11 - Nov 7 with 1619 viewsahoz

Not saying if genuine, but many reports of mail in vote irregularities coming in. MSM won't report. Apparently in some cases republican observers prevented from viewing vote counting by democrats. If true, so much for democracy...
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 09:17 - Nov 7 with 1603 viewstraininvain

Trump on 09:11 - Nov 7 by ahoz

Not saying if genuine, but many reports of mail in vote irregularities coming in. MSM won't report. Apparently in some cases republican observers prevented from viewing vote counting by democrats. If true, so much for democracy...

Source?
Trump on 09:22 - Nov 7 with 1598 viewsNed_Kennedys

Trump on 09:17 - Nov 7 by traininvain

Source?

Donald Trump.
Trump on 09:25 - Nov 7 with 1580 viewsMaggsinho

Even Fox News have said the stories about republicans being denied access to the count isn’t true.
Trump on 09:30 - Nov 7 with 1566 viewsRanger_Things

Trump on 20:00 - Nov 6 by Ranger_Things

Mary Trump interview (his niece) on Ch4 news. Great telly.

Trump on 09:34 - Nov 7 with 1560 viewstraininvain

Trump on 09:25 - Nov 7 by Maggsinho

Even Fox News have said the stories about republicans being denied access to the count isn’t true.

Apparently Dems have somehow managed to infiltrate republicans strongholds such as Georgia to cheat and win the election.

Good luck with that one.
Trump on 10:52 - Nov 7 with 1445 viewsted_hendrix

When does this bloody minge fest finish?

FFS

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Trump on 10:58 - Nov 7 with 1432 viewslondonscottish

Trump on 09:30 - Nov 7 by Ranger_Things

Wow. Just wow.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Trump on 11:01 - Nov 7 with 1424 viewsjohncharles

Those magic words “if true”

Strong and stable my arse.

Trump on 11:13 - Nov 7 with 1382 viewsBucksRanger

Trump on 00:54 - Nov 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

You told me to fck off to Russia once for expressing an opinion.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 1:09]

Doubtful Baz. I don't swear. However your politics are an anathema to me. I probably suggested Russia was a better setting for your political posturing.
Trump on 11:13 - Nov 7 with 1385 viewsNorthernr

But good news if you’ve got shares in tin foil manufacturers.
Trump on 11:29 - Nov 7 with 1348 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump on 11:13 - Nov 7 by BucksRanger

Doubtful Baz. I don't swear. However your politics are an anathema to me. I probably suggested Russia was a better setting for your political posturing.

Fine, you are a polite hypocrite.
Trump on 11:31 - Nov 7 with 1343 viewsHunterhoop

This “MSM” stuff is ridiculous.

Firstly, “MSM” includes multiple different media companies across multiple channels who have (and have had throughout their existing) differing editorial stances. Lumping then together is stupid when they have different takes on things. The Mirror and The Sun hardly colluded on anything! Ditto Fox and CBS.

Secondly, “MSM” compromises hundreds of thousands of professional journalists, who have trained in their discipline and the ethos behind it. Yes, there will be a few rotten eggs, just like EVERY profession, but the idea that they are ALL in on something is stupid. How could they organise it? There would be evidence everywhere. And besides, most individual journalists in the “MSM” disagree with each other on ideology and perspective, almost all the time!

Thirdly, every media outlet is subjective. I subscribe to post modernism and in it’s most raw form, I don’t see how any media outlet or journalist can claim to be truly “objective”. We are framed, and how we see things is framed, by our experiences, our DNA and our upbringing. No two people are 100% alike so no two people will see all political issues in the same way. Once you accept that EVERY media outlet, MSM or fringe, professional or amateur, left or right, is subjective (albeit some try harder than others to maintain an attempt at objectivity), it’s impossible to credibly criticise MSM but not, say, Donald Trump or Bannon, or The Morning Star. That’s just picking sides.

Fourthly, even after all of that, you think, “I still don’t trust MSM”, tell me this, who do you trust to report information? And why do you trust them? Are they professional journalists? Do they have hard unequivocal evidence? Are they truly objective? If so, how? Why is their take more believable than anyone in the MSM? Who are their sources? What agenda might they have?

Basically “amateur” journalism, and the internet and social media have exacerbated the rise of this, has no ethics or professional codes to follow. Sources are often never presented, and rarely fact checked. Evidence is rarely presented nor fact checked either. Now, some media outlets and journalists in MSM have forged on down this path too - more fool them as they pour petrol on the fire under their feet to keep warm in the short term - and I’ll happily listen to criticism of individuals and corporations in MSM, just as I will of Steve Bannon et al in the fringe, amateur media. But to differentiate the two and withhold trust from the professionals and wilfully trust the amateurs, makes literally no sense. It is fundamentally brain dead. All you are doing is reflecting your pre-conceived beliefs and then trying to justify them. That has nothing to do with “MSM”. Apart from revealing that not enough of the hundreds of MSM outlets of hundreds of thousands of MSM professional journalists share your opinion on things...which, if we’re honest, indicates it’s probably not a robust opinion with much evidence to back it up, given MSM is by and large a capitalist, competitive sector where outlets compete for your custom. And they compete by trying to appeal to people’s opinions. If yours isn’t being appealed to in such a globally broad industry, it’s probably not a valid opinion.

People need to grow a pair and accept their opinion on something might not be correct. It might be them that is wrong not a whole, fragmented, competitive, disparate global industry.
Trump on 11:46 - Nov 7 with 1310 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump on 11:31 - Nov 7 by Hunterhoop

Firstly, “MSM” includes multiple different media companies across multiple channels who have (and have had throughout their existing) differing editorial stances. Lumping then together is stupid when they have different takes on things. The Mirror and The Sun hardly colluded on anything! Ditto Fox and CBS.

Secondly, “MSM” compromises hundreds of thousands of professional journalists, who have trained in their discipline and the ethos behind it. Yes, there will be a few rotten eggs, just like EVERY profession, but the idea that they are ALL in on something is stupid. How could they organise it? There would be evidence everywhere. And besides, most individual journalists in the “MSM” disagree with each other on ideology and perspective, almost all the time!

Thirdly, every media outlet is subjective. I subscribe to post modernism and in it’s most raw form, I don’t see how any media outlet or journalist can claim to be truly “objective”. We are framed, and how we see things is framed, by our experiences, our DNA and our upbringing. No two people are 100% alike so no two people will see all political issues in the same way. Once you accept that EVERY media outlet, MSM or fringe, professional or amateur, left or right, is subjective (albeit some try harder than others to maintain an attempt at objectivity), it’s impossible to credibly criticise MSM but not, say, Donald Trump or Bannon, or The Morning Star. That’s just picking sides.

Fourthly, even after all of that, you think, “I still don’t trust MSM”, tell me this, who do you trust to report information? And why do you trust them? Are they professional journalists? Do they have hard unequivocal evidence? Are they truly objective? If so, how? Why is their take more believable than anyone in the MSM? Who are their sources? What agenda might they have?

Basically “amateur” journalism, and the internet and social media have exacerbated the rise of this, has no ethics or professional codes to follow. Sources are often never presented, and rarely fact checked. Evidence is rarely presented nor fact checked either. Now, some media outlets and journalists in MSM have forged on down this path too - more fool them as they pour petrol on the fire under their feet to keep warm in the short term - and I’ll happily listen to criticism of individuals and corporations in MSM, just as I will of Steve Bannon et al in the fringe, amateur media. But to differentiate the two and withhold trust from the professionals and wilfully trust the amateurs, makes literally no sense. It is fundamentally brain dead. All you are doing is reflecting your pre-conceived beliefs and then trying to justify them. That has nothing to do with “MSM”. Apart from revealing that not enough of the hundreds of MSM outlets of hundreds of thousands of MSM professional journalists share your opinion on things...which, if we’re honest, indicates it’s probably not a robust opinion with much evidence to back it up, given MSM is by and large a capitalist, competitive sector where outlets compete for your custom. And they compete by trying to appeal to people’s opinions. If yours isn’t being appealed to in such a globally broad industry, it’s probably not a valid opinion.

People need to grow a pair and accept their opinion on something might not be correct. It might be them that is wrong not a whole, fragmented, competitive, disparate global industry.

Interesting post Hunter.

This video is a bit dated and a bit lengthy, but Chomsky and Marr discuss the 'MSM' which sums up the whole issue for me:

[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 12:28]
Trump on 11:56 - Nov 7 with 1299 viewsLongsufferingR

Trump on 11:46 - Nov 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Interesting post Hunter.

This video is a bit dated and a bit lengthy, but Chomsky and Marr discuss the 'MSM' which sums up the whole issue for me:

[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 12:28]

Ah, Chomsky and Marr. Who knows what they could have achieved together if Morrissey hadn't come along?
Trump on 12:06 - Nov 7 with 1270 viewsJuzzie

The thing is, democracy is working fine.

Postal voting has been in place for decades with little to next no problems. I believe Trump has in the past endorsed postal voting.

Everyone knows that the result of ballot box voting comes in first followed by the postal votes.

Suddenly it’s a massive problem simply because Trump is losing and he and his machine start pumping out all sorts of bollox into the sphere that people lap up without a blink of an eye.
Trump on 12:29 - Nov 7 with 1229 viewskensalriser

Trump on 07:52 - Nov 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Under Trump the US national debt has ballooned by 36% - before the cost of the pandemic is taken in to account.

The reason is that his tax cuts weren't funded by an increase in the economy, as he had promised.

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-plans-to-reduce-national-debt-4114401

What was that you were saying about not being able to pay for all the promises?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Trump on 12:37 - Nov 7 with 1201 viewsMatch82

Trump on 11:31 - Nov 7 by Hunterhoop

Yes, but that's more than 120 characters. I can fit "we're not winning because the msm is against us!" in less than 50
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024