Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ned retires 13:31 - Nov 7 with 1302 viewsbosh67

34 in a few days. Great player for us.

https://kslsports.com/443741/nedum-onuoha-announces-retirement-after-16-years-of

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ned retires on 13:35 - Nov 7 with 1283 viewsPaddyhoops

Rarely let us down unlike others around him.
An absolute gent as well.
Ned retires on 13:37 - Nov 7 with 1268 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to him. Ex-captain, great pro and a decent fella.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ned retires on 13:41 - Nov 7 with 1256 viewshantssi

Great Pro, real gent even with the almost constant criticism thrown his way.
Perhaps a mention for him in the unsung hero’s thread?
Mind you only 49 games in 3 seasons for RSL?!
Ned retires on 13:54 - Nov 7 with 1215 viewsRangersw12

Never really got the credit he deserved especially in the last few years for us
Ned retires on 13:57 - Nov 7 with 1205 viewsfrancisbowles

Top man.

We're a bit short of central defensive cover, if you fancy a retirement job. Can't pay much though.
Ned retires on 14:11 - Nov 7 with 1173 viewsMyke

Early enough to retire at the level he was playing at.But I guess once his pace was gone...
Ned retires on 21:26 - Nov 7 with 923 viewsstevenagehoop

Ned retires on 14:11 - Nov 7 by Myke

Early enough to retire at the level he was playing at.But I guess once his pace was gone...

Was a good player for us and the right sort - unfortunately think that even this late in his career he’s still faster than Dickie.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Ned retires on 21:47 - Nov 7 with 887 viewsDannyPaddox

Ned retires on 21:26 - Nov 7 by stevenagehoop

Was a good player for us and the right sort - unfortunately think that even this late in his career he’s still faster than Dickie.

Lovely guy, great attitude, but a good football payer? - leave it out. Same with Conor Washington should’ve spent more time learning how to trap a football than in the gym pumping iron. But what do I know?

“Nedum Onuoha - all game treating the ball like a hot potato”

Paul Parker
Login to get fewer ads

Ned retires on 21:54 - Nov 7 with 881 viewsMedwayR

Decent professional but that's about it, not a particularly good player and got paid well above his ability level while with us. As soon as the money dried up he went elsewhere and then had the audacity to bitch about the club, comes across as being up his own arse. Not a player I've missed watching.

Poll: Who’s better?

Ned retires on 22:09 - Nov 7 with 855 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ned retires on 21:54 - Nov 7 by MedwayR

Decent professional but that's about it, not a particularly good player and got paid well above his ability level while with us. As soon as the money dried up he went elsewhere and then had the audacity to bitch about the club, comes across as being up his own arse. Not a player I've missed watching.

To the very best of my knowledge he took a 50% pay cut before his contract was up to help the club out. He was still being well paid compared to what is on offer these days but to accuse of him of being another mercenary is disingenuous in the extreme.

The grass is always greener.

Ned retires on 22:13 - Nov 7 with 841 viewsDannyPaddox

Ned retires on 21:54 - Nov 7 by MedwayR

Okay that was me being diplomatic. To be honest Nedum Onuoha as QPR captain fcking depressed me.
Ned retires on 22:16 - Nov 7 with 831 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Ned retires on 22:13 - Nov 7 by DannyPaddox

Okay that was me being diplomatic. To be honest Nedum Onuoha as QPR captain fcking depressed me.

It was him or Joey Barton

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Ned retires on 22:21 - Nov 7 with 822 viewsDannyPaddox

Ned retires on 22:16 - Nov 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

It was him or Joey Barton

It was both - thanks for the memories - now I'm depressed!
Ned retires on 22:40 - Nov 7 with 792 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Ned retires on 22:21 - Nov 7 by DannyPaddox

It was both - thanks for the memories - now I'm depressed!

Maaan

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Ned retires on 22:46 - Nov 7 with 783 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ned retires on 22:09 - Nov 7 by Esox_Lucius

To the very best of my knowledge he took a 50% pay cut before his contract was up to help the club out. He was still being well paid compared to what is on offer these days but to accuse of him of being another mercenary is disingenuous in the extreme.

It's not disingenuous, it's outright bullsh!t.

A good player for us, loyal, never complained, worked hard, was a bif part of the team that won promotion, a role model, loved by and looked up to by the youngsters (like Eze) who have been coming throuh recently. A proper captain, despite some of the hateful language on here when he was appointed from some punters.

Best of luck Ned. Proper pro, and a lovely man.

Bare bones.

Ned retires on 22:59 - Nov 7 with 763 viewsDannyPaddox

Ned retires on 22:46 - Nov 7 by Antti_Heinola

A good player for us, loyal, never complained, worked hard, was a bif part of the team that won promotion, a role model, loved by and looked up to by the youngsters (like Eze) who have been coming throuh recently. A proper captain, despite some of the hateful language on here when he was appointed from some punters.

Excuse me for having an opinion, based not on hate but hours and hours of observation, or is it Paul Parker you're having a go at?
Ned retires on 10:04 - Nov 8 with 654 viewsfrancisbowles

I'm with you on this Antti.

Yes, he had his limitations as a player, how many of ours don't? However, he was a good solid defender whose pace often got others out of trouble.

Ned was an excellent pro and a superb captain who led by example. It was a very sad day when he left our club.
Ned retires on 10:10 - Nov 8 with 646 viewsgazza1

As I have said before......I just dont understand how so many people can talk about wages, and he earns this much and he dropped his wages by 50%, etc, etc, etc. How the fook do you know what they earn?? I am interested to know.

As for Ned......good luck Ned, not my favourite player but always gave us 100% which is all I want basically.

Over to you Hunter.......

Ned retires on 10:30 - Nov 8 with 627 viewsted_hendrix

He was okay, nothing special no big deal.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ned retires on 10:32 - Nov 8 with 626 viewsParkRoyalR

A great athlete as we were always hearing, great pace, no doubt a decent fella, but based on awareness and natural defensive abilities as Roy Keane said about Ashley Young - you just cannot coach that into a player - and that's what I'll remember about Nedum, 100% effort some great tracking back and last ditch tackling, but lack of defensive DNA created these situations where one step either way or not being continually square on would have fixed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024