Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2,000 fans 11:25 - Nov 26 with 8876 viewsgobbles

Tier 2 - 2,000 fans.
Let's hope they switch Tuesday's game to Wednesday
2,000 fans on 23:20 - Nov 26 with 1843 viewsted_hendrix

2,000 fans on 21:49 - Nov 26 by BAWHoops

Infection rates are dropping though and I reckon you might start to see some Tier 1 places in January.
Norfolk and Suffolk seem likely as does Plymouth.

Suspect we will get to have more than 2k fans in around March.

Realistically you'll get to go to 1 in every 3 home games I reckon

Infection rates are dropping but only very slowly, as we enter the time of Year when hospitals are historically at their busiest and that doesn't include the Covid virus patients it is complete and utter madness to have a relaxing of the rules for 5 day's over Xmas.

We do the hard yards and then throw it away for 5 days?
I'll eat my garage if as you say you suspect that we'll have more than 2k fans in LR
around March time.

Anyway that's my opinion and I'd love to be proved wrong.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

2,000 fans on 02:00 - Nov 27 with 1791 viewstimcocking

It's the piped crowd noise which is slowly killing me. Grim.
2,000 fans on 09:07 - Nov 27 with 1691 viewsGloryHunter

2,000 fans on 17:39 - Nov 26 by gobbles

How many stewards do you need for a 2,000 crowd?
QPR must already being paying 30-40 for the set-up behind closed doors. Say they pay for another 50. The income from 2,000 fans dwarfs that, especially if you include hospitality and executive boxes in that.

There won't be any additional income. It'll be ST holders only, and they have already had our money. And there won't be any hospitality. So it will be a financial loss.
2,000 fans on 09:37 - Nov 27 with 1671 viewsDannyPaddox

2,000 fans on 16:03 - Nov 26 by Noelmc

Does anyone know if there is any football ground in the country, League or non-league, where you would be allowed to have 4,000 fans?

According to the rules it would have to be tier 1, with a minimum capacity of 8,000. I can't think of any.

Many lives ago I played in a local cup final at Penlee Park, Penzance, Cornwall. As it was a sunny bank holiday and 1. The locals were avoiding the emmets (tourists) on the beaches and 2. It was back when the pubs were closed in the afternoon - there must have been nearly 3,000 (maybe more) packed in the ground including a big grass bank behind one of the goals which resembled a festival as people drank, smoked, and made merry - some even watched the game which turned out to be a 3-3 thriller. The replay Thursday evening was only half-full.
2,000 fans on 09:54 - Nov 27 with 1648 viewsTopCat34

2,000 fans on 23:20 - Nov 26 by ted_hendrix

Infection rates are dropping but only very slowly, as we enter the time of Year when hospitals are historically at their busiest and that doesn't include the Covid virus patients it is complete and utter madness to have a relaxing of the rules for 5 day's over Xmas.

We do the hard yards and then throw it away for 5 days?
I'll eat my garage if as you say you suspect that we'll have more than 2k fans in LR
around March time.

Anyway that's my opinion and I'd love to be proved wrong.

Isn't that *assuming* there's a reasonable vaccine rollout in place? In which case, you might be able to start gradually moving to 4k-6k-8k etc as transmission goes down.

Obviously thats a big assumption at this point, though.
2,000 fans on 10:43 - Nov 27 with 1604 viewsDixie_CT

Watford ballot for tickets. Assuming we will be doing similar?
2,000 fans on 10:54 - Nov 27 with 1571 viewsted_hendrix

2,000 fans on 09:54 - Nov 27 by TopCat34

Isn't that *assuming* there's a reasonable vaccine rollout in place? In which case, you might be able to start gradually moving to 4k-6k-8k etc as transmission goes down.

Obviously thats a big assumption at this point, though.

The vaccine rollout of which their are currently 3 of them is going to take some time to be put into place, all 3 of them still have to receive *Peer* approval and on top of that they all require 2 injections spread over 2-3 weeks apart.

I'll admit to sounding negative but like I say the way I see it is going to be a while before attendance numbers get above what people might call reasonable numbers.

If I'm honest if I had both injections by say 30th January I'd still feel uneasy about returning to LR until early March.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

2,000 fans on 11:48 - Nov 27 with 1515 viewsNorthernr

2,000 fans on 09:07 - Nov 27 by GloryHunter

There won't be any additional income. It'll be ST holders only, and they have already had our money. And there won't be any hospitality. So it will be a financial loss.

Pboro chairman said the benefit is it stems the flow of season ticket refund requests, but financially that's about the only benefit.
Login to get fewer ads

2,000 fans on 13:50 - Nov 27 with 1391 viewsPaddyhoops

I'm a member and get to at least 15 or 16 home games a season so I'm hoping with vaccines in place by Easter to get a game or two in!!
Here's hoping!!
2,000 fans on 14:04 - Nov 27 with 1366 viewsCLAREMAN1995

2,000 fans on 13:50 - Nov 27 by Paddyhoops

I'm a member and get to at least 15 or 16 home games a season so I'm hoping with vaccines in place by Easter to get a game or two in!!
Here's hoping!!

This is the wrong thread but this question is for you Paddyhoops and anybody who wants to jump in.
Are you 100% getting the Corona Virus shot .Not going to ask you if you are high risk but in general how many are going to take it when it becomes available .
In the US its going to health workers first then the most vulnerable next according to all reports .
Also excuse my ignorance but when a LFT member gets their name called for tickets and they arrive at the ground is just their temp taken or do they have to do a rapid test .Thanks
2,000 fans on 14:15 - Nov 27 with 1346 viewstoboboly

2,000 fans on 11:48 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Pboro chairman said the benefit is it stems the flow of season ticket refund requests, but financially that's about the only benefit.

Thing is what did they expect? They have had ST money for a long time so at least it has accrued interest, the likelihood of fans has been minimal to say the least.

They should look at it as a big step in the right direction.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

2,000 fans on 14:17 - Nov 27 with 1339 viewsPinnerPaul

2,000 fans on 17:39 - Nov 26 by gobbles

How many stewards do you need for a 2,000 crowd?
QPR must already being paying 30-40 for the set-up behind closed doors. Say they pay for another 50. The income from 2,000 fans dwarfs that, especially if you include hospitality and executive boxes in that.

EXCEPT that its going to be ST holders only, who were going pay £10 for each home game in any case.

So that's not that much incremental income and no additional cashflow at all as they already have the vast majority of ST income in the bank!
2,000 fans on 14:20 - Nov 27 with 1326 viewsPinnerPaul

2,000 fans on 18:29 - Nov 26 by terryb

The maximum allowed is 600 at Truro City matches.

That is what is allowed at ALL matches in the Isthmian, Southern & Northern Premier top divisions unless the locaL authorities have inserted a lower figure.

What tier you are in makes no difference to this regulation. For instance Manchester United can't have any fans whereas FC United can host 600!

Likewise in Kent, Cray Wanderers can have 600 while Gillingham is BCD. A club like Wealdstone will greatly benefit by being allowed crowds from next thursday though.

This is providing that they have not changed the regulations for watching non leage football today!
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 18:46]

I don't think any crowds are allowed in tier 3 - non league or professional - could be wrong though!
2,000 fans on 14:22 - Nov 27 with 1317 viewsPinnerPaul

2,000 fans on 21:49 - Nov 26 by BAWHoops

Infection rates are dropping though and I reckon you might start to see some Tier 1 places in January.
Norfolk and Suffolk seem likely as does Plymouth.

Suspect we will get to have more than 2k fans in around March.

Realistically you'll get to go to 1 in every 3 home games I reckon

Yes I agree - c98% of the population in tiers 1 & 2 isn't going to last until March - fingers crossed!
2,000 fans on 14:44 - Nov 27 with 1286 viewsfrancisbowles

2,000 fans on 14:15 - Nov 27 by toboboly

Thing is what did they expect? They have had ST money for a long time so at least it has accrued interest, the likelihood of fans has been minimal to say the least.

They should look at it as a big step in the right direction.

Have you seen the interest rates lately?
2,000 fans on 14:49 - Nov 27 with 1283 viewsactonman

So in theory , other than having some support for the team , the club will be worse off .

I can see it being set up for 1 stand only , say SAR , As it has the boxes and c club etc . 2000 is the limit, not the requirement so they can ifit as much as possible in 1 stand and keep the rest closed imo ?
2,000 fans on 15:31 - Nov 27 with 1238 viewstoboboly

2,000 fans on 14:44 - Nov 27 by francisbowles

Have you seen the interest rates lately?

Fair enough.

I just find it strange that the clubs have been clamouring to let people in for months and now that is starting clubs are coming out to say it isn't worth it. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

2,000 fans on 15:41 - Nov 27 with 1228 viewsPaddyhoops

2,000 fans on 14:04 - Nov 27 by CLAREMAN1995

This is the wrong thread but this question is for you Paddyhoops and anybody who wants to jump in.
Are you 100% getting the Corona Virus shot .Not going to ask you if you are high risk but in general how many are going to take it when it becomes available .
In the US its going to health workers first then the most vulnerable next according to all reports .
Also excuse my ignorance but when a LFT member gets their name called for tickets and they arrive at the ground is just their temp taken or do they have to do a rapid test .Thanks

I'll be first in the queue for a vaccine, clareman.
I haven't seen my elderly dad or brothers and sisters in Ireland for nearly a year.
If vaccines allows me to travel, I'll go for it!!
I see 50% of Americans say they won't take it.
Paranoia is obviously rife.
I'm a 55 year old plasterer. Inject me. I don't for one minute believe they're putting a chip in me to extract information.
Even if they were .I'm not going to sleep over it.
I like a pint every now and again. Love watching QPR.
Was a bit of a lad back in the day but that's it. Bring it on!!
2,000 fans on 15:57 - Nov 27 with 1205 viewsPinnerPaul

2,000 fans on 14:20 - Nov 27 by PinnerPaul

I don't think any crowds are allowed in tier 3 - non league or professional - could be wrong though!

Just read something from the Northern Counties League which is a step 5/6 league.

They say that following a meeting with the FA NO fans at all allowed at clubs in tier 3 and 300 only allowed at tier 2 clubs - of which there is only 1 in this particular league.

They are now consulting with clubs to see if they want to return next month with no fans or delay and take a chance that some clubs return to tier 2 before the season ends.
2,000 fans on 16:05 - Nov 27 with 1192 viewsPinnerPaul

Quick update for those interested. Many non leagues are holding meetings now.

Problem is NO fans at all allowed in tier 3 and only 300 in tier 2.

There IS a review of tiers due on 16th December by the government so some leagues are considering delaying a restart until after that date.

I guess the message is, don't assume your local non league club will be up and running next week!
2,000 fans on 16:32 - Nov 27 with 1171 viewsterryb

2,000 fans on 14:20 - Nov 27 by PinnerPaul

They were certainly allowed in tier three prior to the latest lockdown.

The first game after Manchester went to tier 3 had crowds of 600 at Radcliffe Borough & FC United. Crowds were also present at Marine & AFC Liverpool. AFC Bury groundshare at Radcliffe, but are only allowed 400 as they play at a lower level.

i've never understood why they are allowed, but that was definitely the situation 23 days ago.
2,000 fans on 17:49 - Nov 27 with 1140 viewsdaveB

2,000 fans on 16:32 - Nov 27 by terryb

They were certainly allowed in tier three prior to the latest lockdown.

The first game after Manchester went to tier 3 had crowds of 600 at Radcliffe Borough & FC United. Crowds were also present at Marine & AFC Liverpool. AFC Bury groundshare at Radcliffe, but are only allowed 400 as they play at a lower level.

i've never understood why they are allowed, but that was definitely the situation 23 days ago.

It's changed now so no crowds in tier 3
2,000 fans on 18:07 - Nov 27 with 1125 viewsterryb

2,000 fans on 17:49 - Nov 27 by daveB

It's changed now so no crowds in tier 3

Thanks Dave.

I missed that bit from yesterday's news.
2,000 fans on 18:57 - Nov 27 with 1102 viewsGloryHunter

"Are you 100% getting the Corona Virus shot?"

You bet I am. As soon as it's offered me. I'll have all three of them if I get the chance. Here's my arm. Anything to get back to QPR and the pub.

Anti vaxxers are lunatic wierdos.
2,000 fans on 19:01 - Nov 27 with 1091 viewsBlackCrowe

2,000 fans on 18:57 - Nov 27 by GloryHunter

"Are you 100% getting the Corona Virus shot?"

You bet I am. As soon as it's offered me. I'll have all three of them if I get the chance. Here's my arm. Anything to get back to QPR and the pub.

Anti vaxxers are lunatic wierdos.

The anti-vaxxers are in for a rough ride i reckon. You just know that to try and get full compliancy, we will have our vaccinations certificated in an app that will allow unhindered access into pubs, restaurants, stadiums, gigs, flights, hotels, gyms, everything.

And i'll be first in the queue given the chance.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024