Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's podcast 11:12 - Dec 3 with 3649 viewsNorthernr

Fair warning, I'm hosting. Good guests though.

It's the most Warbs-ball time of the year - Podcast 3rd Dec 2020 11:12
This week's Open All R's Podcast takes a hard stare at the defence, the attack, the management and the refereeing of QPR's games with Brentford and Bristol City. 0

This week's podcast on 13:05 - Dec 3 with 3581 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Whats Happened? I can't download anymore
This week's podcast on 13:16 - Dec 3 with 3540 viewsswitchingcode

Will be worth a listen then 👍
This week's podcast on 16:39 - Dec 3 with 3417 viewstoboboly

If Bright goes in January what do you think about us getting drawn into a relegation scrap?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

This week's podcast on 20:00 - Dec 3 with 3322 viewsdaveB

good pod this week, thought Jack and Dan were excellent
This week's podcast on 20:09 - Dec 3 with 3308 viewsNoDiddley

This week's podcast on 20:00 - Dec 3 by daveB

good pod this week, thought Jack and Dan were excellent

I do love a bit of Jack & Danny
This week's podcast on 20:29 - Dec 3 with 3288 viewsTacticalR

Everyone sounded pretty gloomy.

Air hostess clique

This week's podcast on 06:41 - Dec 4 with 3143 viewsNorthernr

This week's podcast on 16:39 - Dec 3 by toboboly

If Bright goes in January what do you think about us getting drawn into a relegation scrap?

Could do. Could well do. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. At the moment, even with Bright, we're losing games while playing well, and the wins we do get feel like titanic struggles, usually against crap sides. None of that is a good sign. However, what I would cling to...

- I've been reading on here that we're in a relegation scrap every year for the last five years. We've never been close. One season under Holloway we needed to win the last home game to avoid being sucked in, but we stayed up with a game to spare despite losing six in a row over Christmas and seven of our last eight. For all the blood letting this week we are seventeenth, seven points above the drop zone, which is basically where we've been for five years.

- Division is pathetically weak this season. I keep hearing that Derby and Forest won't continue being crap - why not? Have you actually watched those two recently? They're in a much worse state than us at the very least. As usual, we're assuming and behaving that several teams below us are suddenly going to go into play-off form, while we're never going to win again. Might happen, but try and look at it dispassionately.

- Bright would be replaced. Again, we've had this every year for five years. How on earth will we cope when Austin leaves? How on earth would we manage without Smithies? What on earth will we do when Freeman leaves? God knows how bad we'll be without Eze. The low transfer fee we'll get for him makes this one esepcially annoying and damaging,b ut players leaving isn't a bad thing if you reinvest well.

Like I say, I'm worried too. Get me to 52 points, find me three worse teams, and let's get the hell out of here. But we're not close at the moment, contrary to the tone on here. If we happen to win at Huddersfield tomorrow we could potentially be six points off the play-offs and ten off relegation.
This week's podcast on 12:22 - Dec 4 with 3028 viewstoboboly

All good points Norf. I just had the same panic that we are losing with a bustling Bright, imagine how bad we would be without! Will keep my appendages crossed.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

This week's podcast on 13:23 - Dec 4 with 2989 viewsswitchingcode

Good listen from the outside,we are all the same the goals we score are great the ones we concede are poor.Bright is of interest as there are many of our fans keen on him but think he will be too expensive will be interested who does come in for him in the January window.Think Clive’s spot on with the Warburton situation,I’m not a fan of his but can’t criticise his achievements with us and the football he plays although he did have a good base to start at ours after Rosler left him with a good squad that he improved.I do wonder if he misses his assistant David Weir who he had with us and previous clubs don’t know much about his present assistant or whether he recruited him.
This week's podcast on 15:03 - Dec 4 with 2911 viewsfrancisbowles

This week's podcast on 13:23 - Dec 4 by switchingcode

Good listen from the outside,we are all the same the goals we score are great the ones we concede are poor.Bright is of interest as there are many of our fans keen on him but think he will be too expensive will be interested who does come in for him in the January window.Think Clive’s spot on with the Warburton situation,I’m not a fan of his but can’t criticise his achievements with us and the football he plays although he did have a good base to start at ours after Rosler left him with a good squad that he improved.I do wonder if he misses his assistant David Weir who he had with us and previous clubs don’t know much about his present assistant or whether he recruited him.

John Eustace (former Derby player) is his assistant. Was manager of Kidderminster Harriers when he was brought in by McClaren along with the assistant at KH, Matt Gardiner who is assistant coach to Neil Banfield a former Arsenal coach who Warburton recruited.
This week's podcast on 15:35 - Dec 4 with 2877 viewsswitchingcode

This week's podcast on 15:03 - Dec 4 by francisbowles

John Eustace (former Derby player) is his assistant. Was manager of Kidderminster Harriers when he was brought in by McClaren along with the assistant at KH, Matt Gardiner who is assistant coach to Neil Banfield a former Arsenal coach who Warburton recruited.

Ok thanks
This week's podcast on 15:36 - Dec 4 with 2879 viewsNorthernr

This week's podcast on 15:35 - Dec 4 by switchingcode

Ok thanks

Also on the David Weir point, one of the 'Warbs Warning Signs' passed on from Forest and Rangers was that he took David Weir and Frank McDodgy with him wherever he went and it might be better if you just had Warburton doing what he's good at without that baggage.
This week's podcast on 15:56 - Dec 4 with 2854 viewsPinnerPaul

This week's podcast on 06:41 - Dec 4 by Northernr

Could do. Could well do. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. At the moment, even with Bright, we're losing games while playing well, and the wins we do get feel like titanic struggles, usually against crap sides. None of that is a good sign. However, what I would cling to...

- I've been reading on here that we're in a relegation scrap every year for the last five years. We've never been close. One season under Holloway we needed to win the last home game to avoid being sucked in, but we stayed up with a game to spare despite losing six in a row over Christmas and seven of our last eight. For all the blood letting this week we are seventeenth, seven points above the drop zone, which is basically where we've been for five years.

- Division is pathetically weak this season. I keep hearing that Derby and Forest won't continue being crap - why not? Have you actually watched those two recently? They're in a much worse state than us at the very least. As usual, we're assuming and behaving that several teams below us are suddenly going to go into play-off form, while we're never going to win again. Might happen, but try and look at it dispassionately.

- Bright would be replaced. Again, we've had this every year for five years. How on earth will we cope when Austin leaves? How on earth would we manage without Smithies? What on earth will we do when Freeman leaves? God knows how bad we'll be without Eze. The low transfer fee we'll get for him makes this one esepcially annoying and damaging,b ut players leaving isn't a bad thing if you reinvest well.

Like I say, I'm worried too. Get me to 52 points, find me three worse teams, and let's get the hell out of here. But we're not close at the moment, contrary to the tone on here. If we happen to win at Huddersfield tomorrow we could potentially be six points off the play-offs and ten off relegation.

On the other teams point I agree - the other thing the relegationers (good word eh? ) ignore is that there will always be teams above us who have poor runs and end up below us.

Having even 6 points more than us in early December doesn't mean they won't finish below us!
This week's podcast on 16:04 - Dec 4 with 2843 viewsNorthernr

This week's podcast on 15:56 - Dec 4 by PinnerPaul

On the other teams point I agree - the other thing the relegationers (good word eh? ) ignore is that there will always be teams above us who have poor runs and end up below us.

Having even 6 points more than us in early December doesn't mean they won't finish below us!

It's the life of the pessimist (and I count myself among them, though I'm sunshine and light compared to some) to always assume QPR are never going to win a game again, while several other terrible teams are suddenly going to start stringing it together. Like I say, the one time it did happen, we still survived with a game to spare, in a season where we lost six in a row at one point, then seven out of the last eight. Several clubs would swap places with us and take our team over their own right now.
This week's podcast on 16:24 - Dec 4 with 2828 viewsdm97

This week's podcast on 13:23 - Dec 4 by switchingcode

I wouldn’t be worried about being priced out - we accepted £5M in the summer it’s not going to take a lot for the hierarchy to accept (anything above the free compensation a bonus for us now)
This week's podcast on 16:50 - Dec 4 with 2799 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I found the podcast...interesting! I liked the two guests but I thought they got talked over a bit and would have liked to hear more from them.

I found the tone a bit downbeat but I think that accurately mirrored the mood of the fanbase this week, myself included. The mixture of two narrow defeats, bad reffing, good football, bad misses and bad errors left us all frustrated.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This week's podcast on 17:07 - Dec 4 with 2778 viewsswitchingcode

This week's podcast on 15:36 - Dec 4 by Northernr

Also on the David Weir point, one of the 'Warbs Warning Signs' passed on from Forest and Rangers was that he took David Weir and Frank McDodgy with him wherever he went and it might be better if you just had Warburton doing what he's good at without that baggage.

Yes Dodgy Frank was eventually sussed but he had a bloody good run 😃David Weir I believe declined to join as he had settled into his job at Brighton he’s a decent bloke and worked well with Warburton after he was kicked out of Sheffield United.
This week's podcast on 17:45 - Dec 4 with 2754 viewseastside_r

This week's podcast on 17:07 - Dec 4 by switchingcode

Yes Dodgy Frank was eventually sussed but he had a bloody good run 😃David Weir I believe declined to join as he had settled into his job at Brighton he’s a decent bloke and worked well with Warburton after he was kicked out of Sheffield United.

I have no idea who this Dodgy Frank is but the first person I thought of was your current manager.
This week's podcast on 17:53 - Dec 4 with 2741 viewsswitchingcode

This week's podcast on 17:45 - Dec 4 by eastside_r

I have no idea who this Dodgy Frank is but the first person I thought of was your current manager.

😉I thought someone would pick up on that,Frank Macparland I was referring to.
This week's podcast on 21:11 - Dec 4 with 2640 viewsqprd

excellent podcast, good new guests

i did disagree with the point about counterattacking... on that, i think the stats re: wins/losses are deceiving... when a team is up 2-0, the losing team is more likely to be more on the front foot and have more possession while the team thats ahead is more likely to sit back... conversely, when we're down 2-0, i'm sure teams are happy to have us pass sideways and backwards, which skews our possession stats

putting aside the stats piece, i hate the thought of our flimsy defense trying to absorb pressure.....
This week's podcast on 05:27 - Dec 5 with 2558 viewsMatch82

This week's podcast on 16:39 - Dec 3 by toboboly

We will/would miss bright for sure, but it does feel like with adomah and willock we have some quality backups at least which is a much better position to be in. Personally I think by January we'll be ten points or so clear of the relegation zone, giving us a nice buffer which could (but wont) ease the concerns a bit.
This week's podcast on 08:21 - Dec 5 with 2509 viewseastside_r

Listened to this yesterday - really good. Genuine constructive criticisms reflecting the frustrations of this fan certainly (and perhaps the supporter base more widely.)
This week's podcast on 10:06 - Dec 5 with 2475 viewssevenhoop

This week's podcast on 08:21 - Dec 5 by eastside_r

Listened to this yesterday - really good. Genuine constructive criticisms reflecting the frustrations of this fan certainly (and perhaps the supporter base more widely.)

Good listen, as ever. No idea how anyone thinks any manager served up the shower that Warburton was can do better than him. A whole squad and a half out at the start of last season. Our two best players out of the club before this season. And we’re playing great football. The results are incredibly frustrating but I think he’s doing a good job and we stick with him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024