Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton not the problem 18:36 - Dec 12 with 8546 viewsT_Block

Warburton not the issue.

Team created enough to score, but again did not

Team just need time and support .They are all young
Dykes is limited but needs time to develop.
Bright is as good as anyone in this league.but not good enough for premiership.Needs to find consistency to get move he so clearly wants.
Chair -doing well -improving.Carrol played well.Barbet played well

Deserved a draw today.

Players need to support manager .Manager needs to try one or two new players from somewhere.

Warburton not the problem on 18:45 - Dec 12 with 4418 viewsJuzzie

No no no. It’s sack the manager, get new manager in then sack him too. Repeat.
Warburton not the problem on 18:52 - Dec 12 with 4344 viewspaulparker

Warburton not the problem on 18:45 - Dec 12 by Juzzie

No no no. It’s sack the manager, get new manager in then sack him too. Repeat.

Warburton is out of contract in 6 months so we either change it and try and stay up or leave it and maybe be relegated when he will leave, meaning we will have to make a change anyway but as a league one side

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warburton not the problem on 18:56 - Dec 12 with 4319 viewsBlackCrowe

We look absolutely timid up front. Noone has got enough confidence to shoot...always taking an extra touch and c0cking it up.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Warburton not the problem on 19:00 - Dec 12 with 4298 viewsrbee

When you send out virtually the same team twice a week set up the same, playing the same tactics, create virtually nothing, don't keep a clean sheet surely you question yourself?

Should have got a point today but once again we did not close the player down taking the shot. Cameron sauntered towards him, Barbet stopped.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 19:02]
Warburton not the problem on 19:09 - Dec 12 with 4251 viewsHarbour

Warburton not the problem on 18:56 - Dec 12 by BlackCrowe

We look absolutely timid up front. Noone has got enough confidence to shoot...always taking an extra touch and c0cking it up.

Well chair hit the post bit unlucky there
Warburton not the problem on 19:16 - Dec 12 with 4203 viewsrbee

Warburton not the problem on 19:09 - Dec 12 by Harbour

Well chair hit the post bit unlucky there

Fine margins as someone would say.

I suppose we could have been discussing this same thing a year ago but we had someone in the team then who could turn games such as today's in to victories.
Warburton not the problem on 19:32 - Dec 12 with 4120 viewsLowerloftLad

i said exactly the same down the pub tonight
no point in sacking warburton we create and have good spells in games we just dont take the chances and thats down to the players

apart from huddersfield where i feel warburton did make poor subs ect

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Warburton not the problem on 19:50 - Dec 12 with 4028 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sadly (and I write as a fan who was gladdened by his appointment, encouraged by many things I saw last season, and who would still love him to shove my bitter words back down my throat), you're quite wrong, and, I'm afraid, even more so after today's debacle. His post-match interviews become more literally excruciating (i.e. self-crucifying) with each game that slips by, as we rewrite the handbook on how to concede goals, grab defeats from the jaws of draws, and turn victories into remote fantasies. For me, they're an alarming barometer that reads high pressure right now, and I'm afraid I don't see a change in the weather any time soon.

I sounded my concerns after the Brentford game, when I felt he was clearly using his sense of grievance about the unbrandished red card to disguise his/his coaching staff's and the team's consistent failings (while also overlooking the other goal Brentford did score, which probably should have been given), even though it seemed other posters here over-identified with his deflecting resentment. I was worried then as to what message his over-played indignation sent out in itself (while thinking it's funny how some fans seem to think managers should never tell the truth about the inadequacies of the opposition or their under-performing players, but then come over all gushy when MW broadcasts how maudlin he is about a bad decision). Now, though, it feels to me he's sliding down the ladder of his own despond and talks like a man mired in increasingly surreal denial and self-contradiction. When he opines that Millwall hadn't won in eight but are still 'very good at what they do', this tells me I'm listening to a delusional man who's lost the plot.

For instance, he tells us this evening on the Offish that we did indeed lack quality (fabulous insight, Mark - now what do we do about it, pray tell?) and then a minute later that the fans would have been glad to see some, er, quality in today's showing. Pick the bones out of that little nugget! And what on God's green earth is he on in now trying to spin (I think - though he's turning my brains to scrambled eggs) that we're actually doing well as far as letting goals in after all, being only six behind Swansea 'from open play', apparently!? Am I alone in feeling a little bit crazy here? (Fact check - we have the fourth worst defensive record in the division, and if we'd let in three more, we'd have the worst!)

When he tells us, yet again tonight, that the fixture list is a bitch and there's no time to train, is there anyone - ANYONE? - at the club who is willing to take him to task on this? I think we can forget about the officially declawed Nick London (who it seems can't even get his or the players' names right some of the time), but Andy Sinton - are you there? Sir Les - do you read? Or is this deplorable culture of mediocrity, inertia and excuse-ready, straw-clutching, downward expectation-managing claptrap now so entrenched at our club this kind of insult to the intelligence of fans is now taken to be acceptable (as I increasingly suspect it is)?

His arse on an ice-box - separated from useless Mr Eustace and whatever else passes for our coaching team - suggests to me that something's broken in itself, as others have observed. Doesn't exactly scream 'team QPR', does it?

The loss of Eze, Wells, Angel and Hugill have seemingly left us one-pistoned, half-cooked/cocked and floundering in footballing quicksand. But too many of the incoming and/or contracted Warburton recruits leave the jury so far out they might never come back in until we're relegated:

Bonne - a decent goalscorer for Charlton at this level whom we already seem to be turning into a man without a mission;
Thomas - endlessly injured/unused, apparently over-weight and seemingly off the pace; Hamalainein - if he's the answer at full-back, someone needs to rethink the question;
Dykes - appears to operate more like a leper than a fulcrum, one goal 'from open play' (to adopt our manager's political idiom) this side of Xmas;
Wallace - if he came back as a horse, I 'd shoot him myself - so crap he makes Mark Hateley look like swashbuckling good value (what is it about us and lame ex-Rangers' retirees?);
Uncle - lovely man, but basically a token/fan-pleasing acquisition who's arrived at least 3 years too late and seems to be good for the odd cameo or 70 minute burst at best in our manager' eyes

I could go on, but I'm losing the will to live. Of the present squad, I'd keep Dieng, Willock, and Chair in the current-set up, with Masterson learning his trade alongside a competent CB (handsy, slow, sub-Champ Dickie isn't it).

However hot and cold he blows, if/when BOS goes in Jan, right now I'm thinking that's our goose cooked!

Final exhibits for the prosecution (though I take no pleasure in presenting them):

On course for another 70 goals conceded yet again
Comfortably bottom eight for goals scored, and few signs of a game plan/players to change it
No tactical plan B/C/D, and a not exactly rivetingly successful plan A
Dismissal of legitimate critical (caring) fans as 'keyboard warriors'
Desperate post-match interview fare (see above)

Please tell me why I'm wrong! If i were Sir Les, with a heavy heart, I would be replacing MW's coaching team whether he likes it or not, and, if he doesn't, consider the manager's position in due course if nothing changes (and I don't think it will). And then have a long look at myself in the mirror (preferably with our Teflon-coated Chief Executive).

Happy f*cking Christmas!
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 20:00]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton not the problem on 19:59 - Dec 12 with 3977 viewspaulparker

Warburton not the problem on 19:50 - Dec 12 by stainrods_elbow

Sadly (and I write as a fan who was gladdened by his appointment, encouraged by many things I saw last season, and who would still love him to shove my bitter words back down my throat), you're quite wrong, and, I'm afraid, even more so after today's debacle. His post-match interviews become more literally excruciating (i.e. self-crucifying) with each game that slips by, as we rewrite the handbook on how to concede goals, grab defeats from the jaws of draws, and turn victories into remote fantasies. For me, they're an alarming barometer that reads high pressure right now, and I'm afraid I don't see a change in the weather any time soon.

I sounded my concerns after the Brentford game, when I felt he was clearly using his sense of grievance about the unbrandished red card to disguise his/his coaching staff's and the team's consistent failings (while also overlooking the other goal Brentford did score, which probably should have been given), even though it seemed other posters here over-identified with his deflecting resentment. I was worried then as to what message his over-played indignation sent out in itself (while thinking it's funny how some fans seem to think managers should never tell the truth about the inadequacies of the opposition or their under-performing players, but then come over all gushy when MW broadcasts how maudlin he is about a bad decision). Now, though, it feels to me he's sliding down the ladder of his own despond and talks like a man mired in increasingly surreal denial and self-contradiction. When he opines that Millwall hadn't won in eight but are still 'very good at what they do', this tells me I'm listening to a delusional man who's lost the plot.

For instance, he tells us this evening on the Offish that we did indeed lack quality (fabulous insight, Mark - now what do we do about it, pray tell?) and then a minute later that the fans would have been glad to see some, er, quality in today's showing. Pick the bones out of that little nugget! And what on God's green earth is he on in now trying to spin (I think - though he's turning my brains to scrambled eggs) that we're actually doing well as far as letting goals in after all, being only six behind Swansea 'from open play', apparently!? Am I alone in feeling a little bit crazy here? (Fact check - we have the fourth worst defensive record in the division, and if we'd let in three more, we'd have the worst!)

When he tells us, yet again tonight, that the fixture list is a bitch and there's no time to train, is there anyone - ANYONE? - at the club who is willing to take him to task on this? I think we can forget about the officially declawed Nick London (who it seems can't even get his or the players' names right some of the time), but Andy Sinton - are you there? Sir Les - do you read? Or is this deplorable culture of mediocrity, inertia and excuse-ready, straw-clutching, downward expectation-managing claptrap now so entrenched at our club this kind of insult to the intelligence of fans is now taken to be acceptable (as I increasingly suspect it is)?

His arse on an ice-box - separated from useless Mr Eustace and whatever else passes for our coaching team - suggests to me that something's broken in itself, as others have observed. Doesn't exactly scream 'team QPR', does it?

The loss of Eze, Wells, Angel and Hugill have seemingly left us one-pistoned, half-cooked/cocked and floundering in footballing quicksand. But too many of the incoming and/or contracted Warburton recruits leave the jury so far out they might never come back in until we're relegated:

Bonne - a decent goalscorer for Charlton at this level whom we already seem to be turning into a man without a mission;
Thomas - endlessly injured/unused, apparently over-weight and seemingly off the pace; Hamalainein - if he's the answer at full-back, someone needs to rethink the question;
Dykes - appears to operate more like a leper than a fulcrum, one goal 'from open play' (to adopt our manager's political idiom) this side of Xmas;
Wallace - if he came back as a horse, I 'd shoot him myself - so crap he makes Mark Hateley look like swashbuckling good value (what is it about us and lame ex-Rangers' retirees?);
Uncle - lovely man, but basically a token/fan-pleasing acquisition who's arrived at least 3 years too late and seems to be good for the odd cameo or 70 minute burst at best in our manager' eyes

I could go on, but I'm losing the will to live. Of the present squad, I'd keep Dieng, Willock, and Chair in the current-set up, with Masterson learning his trade alongside a competent CB (handsy, slow, sub-Champ Dickie isn't it).

However hot and cold he blows, if/when BOS goes in Jan, right now I'm thinking that's our goose cooked!

Final exhibits for the prosecution (though I take no pleasure in presenting them):

Comfortably bottom eight for goals scored, and few signs of a game plan/players to change it

Please tell me why I'm wrong! If i were Sir Les, with a heavy heart, I would be replacing MW's coaching team whether he likes it or not, and, if he doesn't, consider the manager's position in due course if nothing changes (and I don't think it will). And then have a long look at myself in the mirror (preferably with our Teflon-coated Chief Executive).

Happy f*cking Christmas!

Good post

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warburton not the problem on 20:04 - Dec 12 with 3938 viewsParkRoyalR

Happy f*cking Christmas!

Agree with alot of your post but on today's game saw some positive individual performances, including:

Dickie - was absolutely superb today, reading of the game, distribution etc

Nico - defended with discipline and contributed well in opposition half,

Adomah - did more in his 15 minute cameo that BOS in the previous 70,

Willock - was very poor and seems to lack courage courage/desire needed for this league,

I still think with the players we have 5-3-2 is our best option with Dykes and Bonne, supported by Chair, LTC and Adomah, we have enough to stay up, which I'll take this year.
Warburton not the problem on 21:39 - Dec 12 with 3779 viewshantssi

Happy f*cking Christmas!

‘Tis good to see you back after another loss!
So according to you we need at LEAST 7 new players in the starting XI?
Where pray tell as these players (who obviously have to be better than the current lot) coming from on what we can afford in fees and wages?
With regard to the manager, who do you see coming in with the about limitations and make us better?
I’m also very concerned as to where we’re heading but we have to be a bit more pragmatic about our situation.
Warburton not the problem on 21:52 - Dec 12 with 3705 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton not the problem on 21:39 - Dec 12 by hantssi

‘Tis good to see you back after another loss!
So according to you we need at LEAST 7 new players in the starting XI?
Where pray tell as these players (who obviously have to be better than the current lot) coming from on what we can afford in fees and wages?
With regard to the manager, who do you see coming in with the about limitations and make us better?
I’m also very concerned as to where we’re heading but we have to be a bit more pragmatic about our situation.

O I'm never away - win, lose or draw, I malinger like a tragic spectre!

Yes, I'd say we're a spine short - a strong centre back, a midfield general and a centre forward. Is that really controversial, though? Plus at least one full back, a defensive coach, and maybe a new manager.

If the club get 15 or 20m for Eze and spend barely a quarter of it recruiting potential, has-beens, crocks and a couple of Scottish carthorses, i.e. what they do bring in doesn't cut the mustard, we can of course flirt with the relegation one or two posters almost seem to welcome (and perhaps succumb to it).

Mind you, I'm sure our top brass know what they're doing!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton not the problem on 22:00 - Dec 12 with 3682 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Edit: I am talking pony
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 22:22]
Warburton not the problem on 22:05 - Dec 12 with 3654 viewsrbee

Warburton not the problem on 22:00 - Dec 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

The next two games are going to be interesting then
Warburton not the problem on 22:11 - Dec 12 with 3629 viewsbosh67

Warburton not the problem on 22:00 - Dec 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Really?

Dieng, Dickie, Kakay, Niko, Willock, Dyke, Bonne, Kelman all in their first season of actually playing here.

Alfa, Carroll, Adomah, Bettache, Thomas.

That's 13 players in or around this season's squad for the first time.

Manning, Eze, Pugh, Hall, Wells, Hugill etc all gone.

Hardly the same squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton not the problem (n/t) on 22:20 - Dec 12 with 3601 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warburton not the problem on 22:11 - Dec 12 by bosh67

Really?

Dieng, Dickie, Kakay, Niko, Willock, Dyke, Bonne, Kelman all in their first season of actually playing here.

Alfa, Carroll, Adomah, Bettache, Thomas.

That's 13 players in or around this season's squad for the first time.

Manning, Eze, Pugh, Hall, Wells, Hugill etc all gone.

Hardly the same squad.

[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 22:23]
Warburton not the problem on 00:56 - Dec 13 with 3392 viewsBoston

Warburton not the problem on 20:04 - Dec 12 by ParkRoyalR

Agree with alot of your post but on today's game saw some positive individual performances, including:

Willock - was very poor and seems to lack courage courage/desire needed for this league,

I still think with the players we have 5-3-2 is our best option with Dykes and Bonne, supported by Chair, LTC and Adomah, we have enough to stay up, which I'll take this year.

"Positive individual performances". Yes, but its a team game.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Warburton not the problem on 01:23 - Dec 13 with 3358 viewsFredManRave

Warburton not the problem on 00:56 - Dec 13 by Boston

"Positive individual performances". Yes, but its a team game.

There's no "I" in Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Warburton not the problem on 01:27 - Dec 13 with 3350 viewsTopCat34

Warburton not the problem on 20:04 - Dec 12 by ParkRoyalR

I thought Dickie and Barbet were good today. Kakay and Hamaleinen look very raw. My issue is with the CDM position and Cameron who is out of puff after 30 minutes and misplaces about 90% of his passes. Takes up a space in the starting XI and offers next to no benefit. Time to drop the bloke and stick the armband on someone else
Warburton not the problem on 01:39 - Dec 13 with 3304 viewstimcocking

Agreed. Give us Hugil and Nahki Wells, and a bit of luck, we could be doing much better.

And if the defence started to not be so crap. Luke Amos come back!
Warburton not the problem on 08:42 - Dec 13 with 3174 viewsnix

Warburton not the problem on 01:27 - Dec 13 by TopCat34

I thought Dickie and Barbet were good today. Kakay and Hamaleinen look very raw. My issue is with the CDM position and Cameron who is out of puff after 30 minutes and misplaces about 90% of his passes. Takes up a space in the starting XI and offers next to no benefit. Time to drop the bloke and stick the armband on someone else

I agree with this. Dickie was fantastic today, and Barbet was fine. Really need a big, energetic, box to box CDM. I thought we looked a lot worse when Kane came on. Kakay always offers an outlet and is more decisive than Kane.

I do think we're lacking in confidence. We desperately need a big win to get us back on track.
Warburton not the problem on 08:51 - Dec 13 with 3156 viewsNorthantsHoop

Warburton not the problem on 08:42 - Dec 13 by nix

I agree with this. Dickie was fantastic today, and Barbet was fine. Really need a big, energetic, box to box CDM. I thought we looked a lot worse when Kane came on. Kakay always offers an outlet and is more decisive than Kane.

I do think we're lacking in confidence. We desperately need a big win to get us back on track.

Agree, thought Dickie was good seeing him in the flesh so to speak. We just don't have that CDM player as you say box to box. I just feel we have to work so hard to score goals, while the opposition seem to score, one chance and it's in. Olisi's goal perfect example he gets a bit of space and slams it home. Chair got a similar chance at Millwall it went in, yesterday it unfortunately hit the post.We were unlucky in first half, Reading defended their box well and had lots of defenders in there.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 8:53]
Warburton not the problem on 09:14 - Dec 13 with 3080 viewsNortholt_Rs

Warburton not the problem on 08:51 - Dec 13 by NorthantsHoop

Agree, thought Dickie was good seeing him in the flesh so to speak. We just don't have that CDM player as you say box to box. I just feel we have to work so hard to score goals, while the opposition seem to score, one chance and it's in. Olisi's goal perfect example he gets a bit of space and slams it home. Chair got a similar chance at Millwall it went in, yesterday it unfortunately hit the post.We were unlucky in first half, Reading defended their box well and had lots of defenders in there.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 8:53]

Teams know we are powder puff up front and they only need one chance to score to win the match. The Reading game being the perfect example. I don’t know what MW’s stats are since the lockdown in March but they must be pretty desperate. Still think he gets off very lightly due to all our previous troubles under these owners - he should have done so much better last season with those players....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Warburton not the problem on 09:20 - Dec 13 with 3061 viewsngbqpr

Warburton not the problem on 01:39 - Dec 13 by timcocking

Agreed. Give us Hugil and Nahki Wells, and a bit of luck, we could be doing much better.

And if the defence started to not be so crap. Luke Amos come back!

I would argue that yesterday the defence "started to not be so crap". I'd say they played well to a man.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Warburton not the problem on 09:26 - Dec 13 with 3045 viewshantssi

Warburton not the problem on 21:52 - Dec 12 by stainrods_elbow

O I'm never away - win, lose or draw, I malinger like a tragic spectre!

Yes, I'd say we're a spine short - a strong centre back, a midfield general and a centre forward. Is that really controversial, though? Plus at least one full back, a defensive coach, and maybe a new manager.

If the club get 15 or 20m for Eze and spend barely a quarter of it recruiting potential, has-beens, crocks and a couple of Scottish carthorses, i.e. what they do bring in doesn't cut the mustard, we can of course flirt with the relegation one or two posters almost seem to welcome (and perhaps succumb to it).

Mind you, I'm sure our top brass know what they're doing!

You may well malinger but you don’t post when we win!
Anyway, you didn’t answer the questions regarding players or manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024