Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan 13:22 - Dec 24 with 2556 viewsstowmarketrange

Happy birthday to our Stan.Quite appropriate that God arrived before Jesus.
Stan on 13:26 - Dec 24 with 2102 viewsflynnbo

I was worried a few years back about his health given what I was told and I posted it on here so am glad to be proved wrong. Happy birthday to one of our greats if not the greatest to have put on the sacred hoops! Whilst I'm here, I'd like to wish all the Rs around the world a safe and Happy Christmas too! God bless you, Stanley.
Stan on 13:47 - Dec 24 with 2076 viewsdaveB

Little tribute to the great man

Stan on 14:01 - Dec 24 with 2035 viewsPinnerPaul

Stan on 13:47 - Dec 24 by daveB

Wonderful, simply wonderful.

Like many, we're having a reduced Christmas this year so no children, grandchildren or other family.

Just me, Mrs PP and my Mum. Now my Mum being 85 doesn't go on You Tube or this board THAT often so this can be her Christmas Day treat!
Stan on 14:15 - Dec 24 with 2010 viewsted_hendrix

Happy birthday Stan and may you have many more too.

Having had the pleasure of meeting you and buying you a bloody pint in the General Smuts all those years ago I can tell you that you're signed picture is still proudly hanging in our house.

To all you poor bastards who post on here but never got to see Stan plying his trade 'live' you have my sympathy, plenty of videos doing the rounds I know but to have stood in the Loft way back when on Saturday afternoons and watched Stan being a complete and utter pain in the arse for the opposition is something you'll never know.

Football pitches in them days could sometimes be a mud bath, didn't bother Stan too much, wherever he went he took the ball with him no problem, I could never say too much good about him, kicking towards the loft where I used to stand during the game literally was bloody awesome and sadly lost on todays games.

A rebel, a footballing genius and a QPR player you actually looked forward to seeing on Saturday afternoons with his shirt hanging out and dribbling the ball past anybody he wanted too.

Yep those were the day's and our Stan was part of it.

Look after yourself Stan.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stan on 14:16 - Dec 24 with 2004 viewsPinnerPaul

That's made me emotional for all sorts of reasons now.

Sticking to the football, most of those clips were against the top top sides of the day, lots of them away as well, we're so far away from that level now its not true.

Always difficult to compare footballers of different eras but not many come close to Stan in the modern game, he surely would have been at a top 4 side if around now - of course we WERE that top 4 side for a glorious time when he was in his pomp.
Stan on 14:22 - Dec 24 with 1993 viewspeejaybee

Not one of,BUT THE BEST.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Stan on 14:26 - Dec 24 with 1977 viewsdanehoop

Stan on 14:22 - Dec 24 by peejaybee

Not one of,BUT THE BEST.

This.

Never knowingly understood

Stan on 14:36 - Dec 24 with 1951 viewsdutch

The most beautiful man I have ever had the pleasure to see and later on to meet and get to know. Stanley was born for Loftus Road and Shepherds Bush. Loved the dogs and the spielers, the boozers and the wide boys. He was given a praetorian guard by the Notting Hill boys of old and became our chosen one. Rodney was John the Baptist, but Stanley was our Lord, born just before Christmas day. Loved that man, love that man,
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 15:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Stan on 14:43 - Dec 24 with 1938 viewsted_hendrix

Just to add.

I've got picture number 22 of 250.

It's called "The Outlaw Stanley Bowles" with a verse beneath his picture that reads;

"History will say something,
Of a life played to different rules,
But who wouldn't gamble everything,
For the skill of Stanley Bowles"

Stan signed and dated it 2004, I'm sure it was a Friday evening game.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stan on 14:47 - Dec 24 with 1929 viewsHarrowRoadR

Happy birthday Stan!
Saw him play loads of times, brilliant. I met him a few years ago when the plaque outside St Judes Hall was unveiled. My mum lived right opposite but couldn't get about, so he came over, had a good chat and had his photo done with her and the great grandchildren. To say it made her day would be an understatement. Before her arthritis set in she was a regular at Lotus Road. Sadly no longer with us but I'll remember that day forever. I can't post the pic as I don't know how to, have tried in the past but I'm a technophobe.
Stan on 14:52 - Dec 24 with 1909 views2Thomas2Bowles

I knew Stan and Don well back in the day, the first time I met him was on my 13th birthday.

Spent many a time in the company of both over the next 5 years till I moved away from the bush. horrible to see what this dreadful disease has done to him.

Happy birthday my old friend.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Stan on 14:56 - Dec 24 with 1907 viewsWren67

Stan on 14:22 - Dec 24 by peejaybee

Not one of,BUT THE BEST.

Happy birthday Stan. And he remains THE BEST.
A great great great footballer.
Stan on 15:12 - Dec 24 with 1882 viewsdaveB

Stan on 14:01 - Dec 24 by PinnerPaul

Wonderful, simply wonderful.

Like many, we're having a reduced Christmas this year so no children, grandchildren or other family.

Just me, Mrs PP and my Mum. Now my Mum being 85 doesn't go on You Tube or this board THAT often so this can be her Christmas Day treat!

glad you liked it, hope family are all well
Stan on 15:14 - Dec 24 with 1875 viewsDiscodroids

There was this little dot. The dot went bang. The bang expanded. Energy formed into matter. Matter cooled. Matter lived. Amoeba to fish. Fish to fowl. Fowl to frog. Frog to mammal. Mammal to monkey. Monkey to man. Man to footballer. Footballer to Stan Bowles.

Happy Birthday Stan.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Stan on 15:54 - Dec 24 with 1814 viewsPinnerPaul

Stan on 15:12 - Dec 24 by daveB

glad you liked it, hope family are all well

Thanks Dave, yep all well - sad not to see them as usual, but all well - young and not so young - that's the main thing!

Hope you and yours have as nice a Christmas as possible.
Stan on 16:15 - Dec 24 with 1786 viewsQPR_John

Stan on 14:15 - Dec 24 by ted_hendrix

Having had the pleasure of meeting you and buying you a bloody pint in the General Smuts all those years ago I can tell you that you're signed picture is still proudly hanging in our house.

To all you poor bastards who post on here but never got to see Stan plying his trade 'live' you have my sympathy, plenty of videos doing the rounds I know but to have stood in the Loft way back when on Saturday afternoons and watched Stan being a complete and utter pain in the arse for the opposition is something you'll never know.

Football pitches in them days could sometimes be a mud bath, didn't bother Stan too much, wherever he went he took the ball with him no problem, I could never say too much good about him, kicking towards the loft where I used to stand during the game literally was bloody awesome and sadly lost on todays games.

A rebel, a footballing genius and a QPR player you actually looked forward to seeing on Saturday afternoons with his shirt hanging out and dribbling the ball past anybody he wanted too.

Could not have put it better. Tried to tell my two sons what Stan meant but how do you even try to describe genius. I simply feel privileged to have watch this man play. The beautiful game was invented to explain how Stan played. It is sad reflection on the English game that he got so few caps.
Stan on 17:23 - Dec 24 with 1734 viewsT_Block

Stan on 16:15 - Dec 24 by QPR_John

Could not have put it better. Tried to tell my two sons what Stan meant but how do you even try to describe genius. I simply feel privileged to have watch this man play. The beautiful game was invented to explain how Stan played. It is sad reflection on the English game that he got so few caps.

My son is called stanley.Says it all.
Stan on 17:28 - Dec 24 with 1725 viewsDiscodroids

Stan on 17:23 - Dec 24 by T_Block

My son is called stanley.Says it all.

Called my eldest Simon after Mr Stainrod.

I wanted to name him after my favourite footballer of all time emilio butragueño, but the Mrs put her foot down, so Simon it was. Emilo might have been a bit of a burden growing up in ilford!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 18:35]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Stan on 17:43 - Dec 24 with 1709 viewsflynnbo

I hear it's also Brian Bedford's birthday today-87 years old.
Stan on 18:34 - Dec 24 with 1661 viewsDiscodroids

I remember reading his book years ago and a bit about him selling a greenhouse to dave thomas who was a bit of a percy thrower when not roasting fullbacks for fun.

Only problem was, it wasn't stans greenhouse.

Think Stan. Think 'Superstars'

Stan on 18:52 - Dec 24 with 1632 viewsStanisgod

Stan on 14:15 - Dec 24 by ted_hendrix

😪 Brings a tear to my eye. A signed shirt resides framed in my front room, signed photo in the hall and his Stan the Man book, signed of course, in my man cave.
Rodney was brilliant, but Stan had that rebelliousness on and off the pitch as well. Happy birthday and Xmas Stan.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan on 17:05 - Dec 25 with 1441 viewspeejaybee

Stan on 15:14 - Dec 24 by Discodroids

There was this little dot. The dot went bang. The bang expanded. Energy formed into matter. Matter cooled. Matter lived. Amoeba to fish. Fish to fowl. Fowl to frog. Frog to mammal. Mammal to monkey. Monkey to man. Man to footballer. Footballer to Stan Bowles.

Happy Birthday Stan.

So that was THE CREATION that everybody talks about.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Stan on 17:14 - Dec 25 with 1429 viewsHarbour

All I got to say is Stanley Stanley god bless you Stan
Stan on 18:14 - Dec 25 with 1380 viewswelwynranger

This is apparently true.
Rangers trained early before avisit to Highbury for an evening game.
Stan took Don Givens, Dave Thomas,Ian Gillard back to his flat to watch the racing.
A knock on the door and 2 men come in with paperwork to repossess the tele which he was renting but hadn't kept up the payments. It didn't affect him much because the match ended 1-1 and he scored.
This lead to his wife contacting the club and asking to have his wages paid to her and she gave him pocket money.
Another time he was taking a corner at the Loft End he asked the fans if they knew the result of the 3.15 race .

True legend.
I am old enough to have been lucky enough to have seen all his matches for the Rs.
Stan on 18:34 - Dec 25 with 1359 viewsjohncharles

Thanks for that Dave and thank you Stan for all the great moments

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024