Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace v Sheff Utd 13:25 - Jan 2 with 7137 viewsDixie_CT

Feel a bit lost with the match v Luton postponed so going to watch this and hope Palace don’t lose to Sheffield United so our record of most games without a win in the Premier League goes!

Going to go 2-1 to Palace. Eze with the winner in the 89th minute!
Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:33 - Jan 2 with 1872 viewsJuzzie

Palace v Sheff Utd on 14:52 - Jan 2 by stowmarketrange

From the start of a season.It would be a shame if hughless lost his record,but it was never his fault anyway,according to him.

It was QPR’s record rather than Hughes’ so I for one am glad it’s now gone for good.

We have too many bad records as it is with another just acquired (most games in a month without a win - 8) since our formation.

Sublime goal by Eze, even though he has a 5 year deal at Palace I’ll be surprised if he gets anywhere near finishing that before a big club comes in for him.
Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:41 - Jan 2 with 1801 views2Thomas2Bowles

You do know, he will likely go to the Scum

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:43 - Jan 2 with 1812 viewsStanisgod

Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:41 - Jan 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You do know, he will likely go to the Scum

Not a Scum sort of player, more like Liverpool.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:44 - Jan 2 with 1800 viewsgazza1

Great goal for Eze, deserved whatever he gets, top player......but the Sheffield United defending for Premiership football is woeful. Manager will go absolutely mad.
Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:45 - Jan 2 with 1798 viewsgazza1

Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:43 - Jan 2 by Stanisgod

Eze could be any Premiership teams 'sort of player'......
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 17:45]
Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:48 - Jan 2 with 1789 viewstraininvain

Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:32 - Jan 2 by golborne

After those two results he needed to resort to Plan A , which has served them well for past seasons - efficient, solid, no team flare, feed wilf on the break. Thought Ebs had made a boo boo going there, but 5-6 games in they tried something different, allowing more than one exciting player on the pitch (notice how Townsend has changed his game to fit in). By introducing Eze they’ve managed to play in the opponents half more and play more football. The West Ham game was a true example of that, especially first half. Once people started targeting the space in behind Woy went back into the trenches. In all honesty I think Ebs was a replacement for Zaha, but weirdly nobody wanted to pay 67 trillion for him. How Eze would cope being the only flare player in the team could be interesting, but he’ll probably be at Man U by then, so won’t need to worry.

Makes sense. Watching Zaha and he doesn’t half throw his hands in the air and moan every time a pass from a teammate doesn’t make it or lands slightly behind him.

The irony is he’s often greedy when in possession and doesn’t look much of a team player. Maybe that’s why bigger clubs haven’t stumped up £50m+ to sign him.

I’d wager that Eze will be a better player than Zaha within a few years.
Palace v Sheff Utd on 18:50 - Jan 2 with 1607 viewsCiderwithRsie

Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:33 - Jan 2 by Juzzie

It was QPR’s record rather than Hughes’ so I for one am glad it’s now gone for good.

We have too many bad records as it is with another just acquired (most games in a month without a win - 8) since our formation.

Sublime goal by Eze, even though he has a 5 year deal at Palace I’ll be surprised if he gets anywhere near finishing that before a big club comes in for him.

From the Grauniad report:

a flash of individual brilliance from Ebere Eze means Sheffield United have now surpassed QPR’s unwanted record for most Premier League games without a victory from the start of a season.

Once an R, always an R, eh?
Palace v Sheff Utd on 18:53 - Jan 2 with 1595 viewshantssi

Hughes will probably put it on his managerial CV as a positive!!
Login to get fewer ads

Palace v Sheff Utd on 19:57 - Jan 2 with 1500 viewsDixie_CT

Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:43 - Jan 2 by Stanisgod

I see him at Spurs after they sell Dele Alli
Palace v Sheff Utd on 20:15 - Jan 2 with 1448 viewstraininvain

Palace v Sheff Utd on 19:57 - Jan 2 by Dixie_CT

Arsenal need a creative number 10 more than most. I was surprised they didn’t move for Eze.

I’d imagine the top clubs (Liverpool, Man City etc) would move for Grealish ahead of Eze at this stage.
Palace v Sheff Utd on 20:18 - Jan 2 with 1440 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Palace v Sheff Utd on 20:15 - Jan 2 by traininvain

Arsenal need a creative number 10 more than most. I was surprised they didn’t move for Eze.

I’d imagine the top clubs (Liverpool, Man City etc) would move for Grealish ahead of Eze at this stage.

Arsenal is a good shout.

I think you're also right that Grealish would be more in-demand. The current vogue suits his best position more than Eze's as not many clubs play with a 10 at the moment.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Palace v Sheff Utd on 20:29 - Jan 2 with 1406 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Palace v Sheff Utd on 19:57 - Jan 2 by Dixie_CT

He won't go there while Mourinho is manager. He's always been destined for better things than Palace though. Hopefully the rumoured sell-on is substantial.
Palace v Sheff Utd on 21:59 - Jan 2 with 1303 viewsTacticalR

Palace v Sheff Utd on 16:24 - Jan 2 by Toast_R

The commentator makes a mess of that. As Eze takes it over the halfway line he starts waffling about Greenwich because it doesn't occur to him that Eze is going to carry the ball all the way towards the goal.

Air hostess clique

Palace v Sheff Utd on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 1277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Palace v Sheff Utd on 21:59 - Jan 2 by TacticalR

The commentator makes a mess of that. As Eze takes it over the halfway line he starts waffling about Greenwich because it doesn't occur to him that Eze is going to carry the ball all the way towards the goal.

Ya, I chuckled at that. He doesn't know our Ebere!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Palace v Sheff Utd on 23:18 - Jan 2 with 1204 viewsrsonist

Think Daniel Mann has seen a fair bit of him over the years as the main Sky Championship commentator...
Palace v Sheff Utd on 01:40 - Jan 3 with 1113 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Palace v Sheff Utd on 17:44 - Jan 2 by gazza1

Great goal for Eze, deserved whatever he gets, top player......but the Sheffield United defending for Premiership football is woeful. Manager will go absolutely mad.

Sheffield Utd are basically relegated already and its not a shock to me .If David McGoldrick is your main striker and no back up plan they were toast in September .Its all about goals now and you need 2 or 3 strikers to bang them in .
I also watched West Brom v Arsenal and that got ugly pretty fast .Furlong got destroyed by Tierney practically the whole game and poor old Charlie Austin is literally limping along its actually sad to see
Palace v Sheff Utd on 08:29 - Jan 3 with 1015 viewsNortholt_Rs

Palace v Sheff Utd on 01:40 - Jan 3 by CLAREMAN1995

Sheffield Utd are basically relegated already and its not a shock to me .If David McGoldrick is your main striker and no back up plan they were toast in September .Its all about goals now and you need 2 or 3 strikers to bang them in .
I also watched West Brom v Arsenal and that got ugly pretty fast .Furlong got destroyed by Tierney practically the whole game and poor old Charlie Austin is literally limping along its actually sad to see

We are currently 20th in the Championship, 2 points away from the bottom 3 and have scored a paltry 20 goals in 22 games. Plus we’ve just set a new record - most games in a month without a win. Now THATS sad to see.....
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 8:33]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Palace v Sheff Utd on 13:17 - Jan 3 with 871 viewsPinnerPaul

Palace v Sheff Utd on 15:53 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

How in the name of all that's holy could you put that man on the subs bench?

Because Palace have been leaking goals for fun.

Wonderful, wonderful goal but did you notice that Sheff Utd got in behind after he failed to track his man.

Yes I know its not his game, but people on here, me included!, would be giving pearlers to Bright if he did the same.

I know its fashionable on here to say the PL is rubbish, but you have to have 11 players who are good with and without the ball.

As I've said before, really don't like the bloke, but Grealish has gone up another level this season with his work rate, especially when Villa do not have the ball.

Not many, if any, managers at this level are prepared to take the Warnock with Adel method with any player.

Maybe the reason Freeman didn't make it at Sheff Utd, although you have to think he would be more useful than a 16 year old - however bright a prospect he might be!
Palace v Sheff Utd on 13:19 - Jan 3 with 867 viewsPinnerPaul

Palace v Sheff Utd on 16:30 - Jan 2 by HantsR

Yellow for that?

Yep, more like an 'orange' I thought.
Palace v Sheff Utd on 13:20 - Jan 3 with 867 viewsPinnerPaul

Palace v Sheff Utd on 16:37 - Jan 2 by joolsyp

Trying not to look at the results and table today - too scary!

Not really, never going to get any points if we're not playing.

Pretty pointless posting that others have - not a total shock as they are actually playing!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024