Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sherwood? 07:28 - Jan 3 with 6172 viewssevenhoop

No!!!!!!!!! Please no!
Sherwood? on 08:03 - Jan 3 with 4657 viewsNoDiddley

Forest?
Sherwood? on 08:18 - Jan 3 with 4597 viewsWatford_Ranger

Is this related to our managerial situation or is he in your house?
Sherwood? on 08:29 - Jan 3 with 4571 viewsJogo

So bored of Sherwood being linked to the club. Maybe we should have took him on the first time round. We wouldn't have been any worse off and he'd have been sacked by now anyway and we wouldn't need to put up with these stupid links to him all the time.
Sherwood? on 09:19 - Jan 3 with 4423 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Claims we're also interested in Jordan Rhodes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13632375/qpr-tottenham-tim-sherwood/
Sherwood? on 09:54 - Jan 3 with 4275 viewsbosh67

Sherwood? on 09:19 - Jan 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

Claims we're also interested in Jordan Rhodes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13632375/qpr-tottenham-tim-sherwood/

2 things here.

1. It’s the annual hunting of the Sherwood story purely based on links to Les.
2. Jordan Rhodes would make sense as an experienced striker at this level. He’s not been used much though so he’ll be rusty. Also could simply be a lazy journalist looking through fan threads and seeing his name crop up from time to time.

Everyone knows that Messi is coming here as player manager. Grab your copy of the Sun tomorrow for confirmation of that!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sherwood? on 10:04 - Jan 3 with 4217 viewsR_from_afar

I can't stand the bloke and I don't think he has much ability. I remember him talking about putting out Spurs teams where all the midfielders were of the attacking variety. That seemed mad to me.

Hopefully it's just lazy journalism in that he is such an obvious choice. He would also cost a bomb.

Avoid.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sherwood? on 10:05 - Jan 3 with 4212 viewsGloucs_R

Back Warburton or get Sherwood....

I've seen this before.

Rhodes in his day was a great player at this level. He's still only 30 😲. But he's not really been the same player for 2-3 years. Has he lost his Hunger?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 10:08]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sherwood? on 10:13 - Jan 3 with 4166 viewsdistortR

Sherwood? on 10:05 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

Back Warburton or get Sherwood....

I've seen this before.

Rhodes in his day was a great player at this level. He's still only 30 😲. But he's not really been the same player for 2-3 years. Has he lost his Hunger?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 10:08]

have you seen him recently? He certainly hasn't lost his hunger.....

re - Timmy, I'm undecided about his ability, but not keen on him. If he did come in, and fail, there would be no hiding place for Les.
Login to get fewer ads

Sherwood? on 10:20 - Jan 3 with 4117 viewsGloucs_R

Sherwood? on 10:13 - Jan 3 by distortR

have you seen him recently? He certainly hasn't lost his hunger.....

re - Timmy, I'm undecided about his ability, but not keen on him. If he did come in, and fail, there would be no hiding place for Les.

No. Has he been playing, scoring recently?

Or do you mean he's carrying a few extra mince pies?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 10:20]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sherwood? on 10:28 - Jan 3 with 4073 viewsdistortR

Sherwood? on 10:20 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

No. Has he been playing, scoring recently?

Or do you mean he's carrying a few extra mince pies?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 10:20]

1 goal in 16 games this season,according to wiki.
Sherwood? on 10:41 - Jan 3 with 3999 viewsted_hendrix

Yep it must be January the Month of media bullshit and clicks.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sherwood? on 10:42 - Jan 3 with 3997 viewsdaveB

standard copy and paste article from every time we've needed a new manager in the last 6 years, i suppose they might get it right eventually
Sherwood? on 10:47 - Jan 3 with 3971 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sherwood? on 10:42 - Jan 3 by daveB

standard copy and paste article from every time we've needed a new manager in the last 6 years, i suppose they might get it right eventually

So might Les.....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sherwood? on 10:55 - Jan 3 with 3916 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sherwood? on 10:47 - Jan 3 by Northolt_Rs

So might Les.....

Les, who's only appointed one manager?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sherwood? on 11:05 - Jan 3 with 3849 viewsqpr85

Didn't we actually offer him the job a couple of years back but he wasn't happy that he couldn't spend so said no?

I'm sure I remember reading something like that so hopefully with that in mind he won't want to come to us.

Tomorrow's chip paper
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 11:10]
Sherwood? on 11:11 - Jan 3 with 3810 viewsdaveB

Sherwood? on 10:47 - Jan 3 by Northolt_Rs

So might Les.....

I think Warburton was a good appointment, he's done what he was asked to do and develop players whilst staying up, obviously on dodgy ground at the moment.

Ferdinand didn't have much to do with Holloways appointment but he also did pretty well given the resources at the time
Sherwood? on 11:19 - Jan 3 with 3772 viewsdaveB

Sherwood? on 11:05 - Jan 3 by qpr85

Didn't we actually offer him the job a couple of years back but he wasn't happy that he couldn't spend so said no?

I'm sure I remember reading something like that so hopefully with that in mind he won't want to come to us.

Tomorrow's chip paper
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 11:10]

I don't think he's ever been offered the job but he's been in the frame every time
Sherwood? on 11:30 - Jan 3 with 3709 viewsrsonist

Part of me does want certain fans given what they deserve at this point I'll admit.

Fortunately after laying low for a while he's ramped up being a high profile plonker on his punditry ever since MW's position started to look shaky. Nice one Timmy keep up the good work.
Sherwood? on 11:41 - Jan 3 with 3652 viewsrsonist

If it turns into a real hopeless relegation doom spiral I think it'll probably happen, at least until the end of the season. No one else will be minded to take it (tough enough extracting anyone half decent looking now as it is), it'll just be a case of having a different voice shouting bollox at them by then, and Tim will have an excuse when it fails.

Or he'll just bottle the offer again and Eustace gets a go.

Pray for Mojo.
Sherwood? on 11:47 - Jan 3 with 3618 viewsdaveB

Part of me think that as QPR fans are so against the appointment it might be the right thing to do as we don't tend to get much right.

Only have to look back a few months at the screams of delight at signing Bonne, Dykes and Adomah.
Sherwood? on 11:53 - Jan 3 with 3570 viewsrsonist

Sherwood? on 11:19 - Jan 3 by daveB

I don't think he's ever been offered the job but he's been in the frame every time

The timeline as reported last time round:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/difficult-job-but-fantastic-club-sherwood-in

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr/tim-sherwood-pulls-out-of-running-

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ferdinand-confirms-five-contenders-and-denie
Sherwood? on 12:02 - Jan 3 with 3529 viewsrsonist

Sherwood? on 11:47 - Jan 3 by daveB

Part of me think that as QPR fans are so against the appointment it might be the right thing to do as we don't tend to get much right.

Only have to look back a few months at the screams of delight at signing Bonne, Dykes and Adomah.

There's differences of opinion and then there's the entire population of the globe pointing and laughing at you.
Sherwood? on 13:30 - Jan 3 with 3231 viewskensalriser

Jordan Rhodes has 24 goals from 139 appearances in the last four years.

I'd want any manager and DOF sacked who thinks it would be a good idea to sign him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sherwood? on 13:45 - Jan 3 with 3176 viewsLowerloftLad

if Sherwood is appointed manager i think i will take my football break early and return for our league one promotion push with a new manager in 6months time.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 13:46]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Sherwood? on 13:47 - Jan 3 with 3168 viewsAshdown_Ranger

As others have said, probably just the usual 'Get Timmy' clickbait rumours.

Last time he allegedly nearly became our manager, we couldn't afford him. Pretty sure we are being even tighter with the purse strings today.

Getting Rhodes in? Personally would quite like that, but what would that say about our two recent striker signings? Also, like to be fairly costly. That said, praps a loan for the rest of the season might make sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024