Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. 19:41 - Jan 16 with 7759 viewsMickS

That bustard Masked Singer. What the feckin hell is going on there? I feel an insurance claim coming on, so much so, that I had to leave the room in a very immature way. Without a doubt the worst pony I’ve ever seen on the box. An hour and a half, I believe. I honestly try and get stuff I don’t enjoy, but if you are watching and even trying to guess which one of 5 Star it is, stop it and mow the lawn.

I’m in the kitchen drinking wine for a while.
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:14 - Jan 17 with 1588 views2Thomas2Bowles

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 09:42 - Jan 17 by stevec

Contentious issue maybe but I suspect virtually all of the drivel on TV is driven by women.

Terrestrial TV companies pitch their output at who controls the viewing in houses and that is largely the wife and kids.

Not saying women don’t like quality programming they do, but they also have a propensity for watching mindless content. To be fair they are a lot busier round the house than us blokes so it’s probably easier to watch the stuff you can easily dip in and out of, but ask yourselves, who is it in your household who tunes into stuff like the masked singer?

Let me put it this way so not to upset the Ladies on here, as a man living on his own now.

When it was 3 females here I was lucky to get to watch MOTD on the main tv.

I avoid all soaps, singing and dancing, 99% of the stuff on ITV 75% of BBC1

I have Freeview/Sky/Netflix and on and off Prime all those channels but end up watching mostly boxsets

Really missing Better call Soul/Ozark, may never get to see any new series with this plague delaying filming
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 10:16]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:18 - Jan 17 with 1585 viewsSuperhoop83

1. Mrs Brown's Boys - by a country mile.

2. The Masked Singer.

3. Every McDonald's advert in history, especially that jolly whistle at the end.

4. Jamie Redknapp's match "analysis".

5. Harry Redknapp in anything.

Suffering since 1978.

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:18 - Jan 17 with 1580 views2Thomas2Bowles

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:11 - Jan 17 by Konk

The One Show theme tune produces a mad scramble in our house to find the remote or turn the tv off at the set. Proper panic. I once fell 3/4 of the way down the stairs because I heard the theme tune start up and rushed from the bathroom to turn the telly over. I’ve only seen a total of about five minutes of the actual programme. That fuc king tune, man. Means I no longer watch the FA cup draw.

F1 makes me want to give-up living. The racing, the chat, the tedium, the highlights of the qualification thing, the noise...It’s just traffic. Having to politely sit through 18 hours of F1 coverage at my in-laws isn’t something I’ve missed during Covid.

Antiques Roadshow and Songs of Praise - I associate both with the end of the weekend, and the realization that I have 8 bits of homework to hand in the following day. Can’t shake the feeling of dread. When you’re an adult, it just reminds you, you have work in the morning. Worst buzz-killing tv ever.

Any Saturday night family entertainment. I’m glad so many people get so much pleasure from it, I just don’t want to see it, myself. People singing like Mariah Carey or some Urban dance troop from Swindon doing the same street dance bits as every other urban dance troop... not for me, ta.

One Show
I fecking hate it and that irritating welsh tart.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:36 - Jan 17 with 1537 viewsQPRSteve

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 09:42 - Jan 17 by stevec

Contentious issue maybe but I suspect virtually all of the drivel on TV is driven by women.

Terrestrial TV companies pitch their output at who controls the viewing in houses and that is largely the wife and kids.

Not saying women don’t like quality programming they do, but they also have a propensity for watching mindless content. To be fair they are a lot busier round the house than us blokes so it’s probably easier to watch the stuff you can easily dip in and out of, but ask yourselves, who is it in your household who tunes into stuff like the masked singer?

You are not wrong there mate. The amount of crap that gets watched in my house is stupefying.

The other thing that gets my goat is the amount of imported crap from America. I can't stand that Californian accent nearly all the women seem to have on these programmes.
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:50 - Jan 17 with 1517 viewsNorthernr

While on house arrest Simmo and I will have Come Dine With Me on in the background in the morning because otherwise we'd have to talk to each other. It's perfect for this purpose, meaningless fluff that goes on for two and a half hours, that you don't really have to pay any attention to, occasionally raises a bit of a laugh, but is generally forgotten about immediately and soon it's time to start drinking and then go to bed again. Channel 4 have Cheers and Frasier on before this as well, and at one point Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on after it, so you could basically kill the best part of six hours of this miserable existence we have now letting all of that wash over you while moving the mouse around so Microsoft Teams doesn't switch your public status to AWAY (i.e., doing fck all).

However. At 12.30 each day, Channel 4 has parachuted in something called Steph's Packed Lunch. Now this is basically because television in this country has a problem with being too London-centric, a problem with being too male and pale, and a problem with diversity of voice, cast and crew. To solve this Channel 4 have rented a room in Leeds, up t'north, parked Steph McGovern in it, ooooooooh I'm dead northern me, and now spend an hour wheeling nobodies you might have heard of from the north - Chris Kamara, Gemma Atkinson - and people off the streets of Leeds who might have done something a bit unusual, like get their orienteering badge at Cubs, to chat inane shoite about the key issues of the day. There's a gay lad sort of flitting around in the background a bit.

The problem with this in our household is that often during an hour of Cheers, an hour of Frasier, two and a half hours of Come Dine With Me and an hour of Kitchen Nightmares, remote controls can be lost, attention can be diverted, guards can be let down, complacency can set in, the whole concept of what bloody time of the day it is can become a bit woolly. Have we watched four Come Dine With Mes or five? Did they hand the prize out at the end of that last episode Alan? Did they? Well I don't know I thought you were watching. Even worse, we may have moved off into another area of the house - sometimes we hoover, for instance. Sometimes we go to the front door to receive items Simmo ordered from the internet while drunk at the weekend.

And any one of these situations can lead to the television or iPad not being turned off in time to prevent Steph romping into view, talking about what a fcking pointless and inane cnt fest they've got coming up for you, and dipping into their first segment on the escalating tensions surrounding the current presidential election in Uganda with Steve 'Ste' Hay from Hollyoaks, at which point a beam of light protrudes from the screen and melts our faces back to the bone as if we've prised open the ark of the covenant.

His Dark Materials is overrated as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:53 - Jan 17 with 1506 viewsjohncharles

Just switched on the tele and it’s Alan FCUKING Titmarsh. How the hell did he become a “personality” ? He hasn’t got a personality.

Strong and stable my arse.

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:59 - Jan 17 with 1495 viewsMrSheen

Drag Race concentrates a lot of things I hate about TV into one shiny package.
1) A bunch of conceited nobodies boasting about how wonderful they are but how ghastly virtually identical people are (see Big Brother, The Apprentice, Four Weddings, etc)
2) Low grade singing and dancing talent contest (various)
3) Pointless “challenges” (I’m a Celebrity, Apprentice, Hell’s Kitchen)
Yet rather than being considered embarrassing schedule filler, this vulgar, saccharine rubbish is presented as the TV equivalent of V-E Day, the moon landings and Nelson Mandela walking free, rolled into one.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 11:05]
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:03 - Jan 17 with 1490 viewshantssi

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:53 - Jan 17 by johncharles

Just switched on the tele and it’s Alan FCUKING Titmarsh. How the hell did he become a “personality” ? He hasn’t got a personality.

Agreed, but he’s better than Chris Packham who ALWAYS appears on the telly box round here.
I’m not a violent man but there’s a bloke I’d love to punch!
As for Stephs Packed Lunch a mate of mines son (a wanna be actor) who lives in Leeds was on one of the first episodes!
Login to get fewer ads

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:07 - Jan 17 with 1475 viewsdistortR

monty f'king don.

tw@t
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:13 - Jan 17 with 1466 viewsstevec

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:50 - Jan 17 by Northernr

While on house arrest Simmo and I will have Come Dine With Me on in the background in the morning because otherwise we'd have to talk to each other. It's perfect for this purpose, meaningless fluff that goes on for two and a half hours, that you don't really have to pay any attention to, occasionally raises a bit of a laugh, but is generally forgotten about immediately and soon it's time to start drinking and then go to bed again. Channel 4 have Cheers and Frasier on before this as well, and at one point Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on after it, so you could basically kill the best part of six hours of this miserable existence we have now letting all of that wash over you while moving the mouse around so Microsoft Teams doesn't switch your public status to AWAY (i.e., doing fck all).

However. At 12.30 each day, Channel 4 has parachuted in something called Steph's Packed Lunch. Now this is basically because television in this country has a problem with being too London-centric, a problem with being too male and pale, and a problem with diversity of voice, cast and crew. To solve this Channel 4 have rented a room in Leeds, up t'north, parked Steph McGovern in it, ooooooooh I'm dead northern me, and now spend an hour wheeling nobodies you might have heard of from the north - Chris Kamara, Gemma Atkinson - and people off the streets of Leeds who might have done something a bit unusual, like get their orienteering badge at Cubs, to chat inane shoite about the key issues of the day. There's a gay lad sort of flitting around in the background a bit.

The problem with this in our household is that often during an hour of Cheers, an hour of Frasier, two and a half hours of Come Dine With Me and an hour of Kitchen Nightmares, remote controls can be lost, attention can be diverted, guards can be let down, complacency can set in, the whole concept of what bloody time of the day it is can become a bit woolly. Have we watched four Come Dine With Mes or five? Did they hand the prize out at the end of that last episode Alan? Did they? Well I don't know I thought you were watching. Even worse, we may have moved off into another area of the house - sometimes we hoover, for instance. Sometimes we go to the front door to receive items Simmo ordered from the internet while drunk at the weekend.

And any one of these situations can lead to the television or iPad not being turned off in time to prevent Steph romping into view, talking about what a fcking pointless and inane cnt fest they've got coming up for you, and dipping into their first segment on the escalating tensions surrounding the current presidential election in Uganda with Steve 'Ste' Hay from Hollyoaks, at which point a beam of light protrudes from the screen and melts our faces back to the bone as if we've prised open the ark of the covenant.

Sign of the times.

Reckon about 5 years ago I got back from my work early, flicked through the channels and found something called Tipping Point which had me falling about saying is this the shite they stick on in the afternoons?

Now it’s essential viewing.
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:13 - Jan 17 with 1467 viewsdistortR

Is that based on personal experience? because maybe the sort of woman who you know well is the sort of woman who would be content listening to mindless drivel?

[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 11:14]
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:22 - Jan 17 with 1450 viewsstevec

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:13 - Jan 17 by distortR

Is that based on personal experience? because maybe the sort of woman who you know well is the sort of woman who would be content listening to mindless drivel?

You got me there
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:28 - Jan 17 with 1445 viewsPaddyhoops

Any panel show which contains "hip young comedians"
The same faces which seem to appear ad infinitum.
Sara pascoe, josh Widdecombe are examples and chuck in the past it unfunny bloke Jonathan Ross for good measure!!
I take it the perspect screens are there so the don't woke each other to death!!
Oh and anything Tim sherwood is on!!
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:30 - Jan 17 with 1439 viewsted_hendrix

Just switch the f ucking thing off and leave it that way.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:31 - Jan 17 with 1441 viewsKonk

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:07 - Jan 17 by distortR

monty f'king don.

tw@t

What’s wrong with Monty Don?! And Chris Packham’s okay too! And the Welsh woman off the One Show seems like a good egg when I’ve seen her on other things - Calm down, people!

20-odd years ago, me and my best mate would watch a bit of T4 on a Sunday morning whilst eating frozen buffet food, chugging Irn Bru and preparing to go back out.. One week they had a model standing in for one of the presenters, and the bloke annoyed my mate so much, that he spent most of the day on the phone to C4 demanding to be put through to the head of programming. The poor woman on the switchboard explained that no-one was in because it was Sunday, so my mate dictated a very long letter of complaint to her, and made her promise that she would personally hand to the head of C4.

He wanted me to ring up and complain too, but I wasn’t overly bothered by the bloke, so when I refused, he rang up, pretended to be Scottish, and got the poor woman on the switchboard to dictate another note, which suspiciously listed the same, specific grievances as the previous note.The main issue he had, was that the presenter looked vacant and was wearing a muscle shirt. He actually wrote and sent a letter to C4 too. It’s just the telly, folks.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 12:35 - Jan 17 with 1356 viewsQPRSteve

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:13 - Jan 17 by distortR

Not necessarily so. I've known quite intelligent women who will watch rubbish. I had a girlfriend who was big into feminist issues and was active in the Irish community to the extent that she was co-opted onto LB Islington's race relations committee. Yet when Big Brother hit our screens she would stay up until 2 -2.30 am watching that rubbish. She was also an avid watcher of crap like Shite-enders.
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 13:22 - Jan 17 with 1304 viewsizlingtonhoop

Nick Knowles is medicine.

Cos however shit I believe I might be at my job, two minutes - if that can be managed - of watching how shit he is at his makes me feel it's all not so bad after all...
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 13:31 - Jan 17 with 1296 viewsdistortR

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 11:31 - Jan 17 by Konk

What’s wrong with Monty Don?! And Chris Packham’s okay too! And the Welsh woman off the One Show seems like a good egg when I’ve seen her on other things - Calm down, people!

20-odd years ago, me and my best mate would watch a bit of T4 on a Sunday morning whilst eating frozen buffet food, chugging Irn Bru and preparing to go back out.. One week they had a model standing in for one of the presenters, and the bloke annoyed my mate so much, that he spent most of the day on the phone to C4 demanding to be put through to the head of programming. The poor woman on the switchboard explained that no-one was in because it was Sunday, so my mate dictated a very long letter of complaint to her, and made her promise that she would personally hand to the head of C4.

He wanted me to ring up and complain too, but I wasn’t overly bothered by the bloke, so when I refused, he rang up, pretended to be Scottish, and got the poor woman on the switchboard to dictate another note, which suspiciously listed the same, specific grievances as the previous note.The main issue he had, was that the presenter looked vacant and was wearing a muscle shirt. He actually wrote and sent a letter to C4 too. It’s just the telly, folks.

cronyism, nepotism, fawning deference to wealth for starters, the self-pitying shit he occasionally wheels out about how when his theatrical jewellery business went bust he had to retreat to his fecking ancestral manor, how he was handed the role when he knew nothing about horticulture but because of his family and acquaintances hence phoning Fison's helpline to ask what a fecking tree was etc etc
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 13:35 - Jan 17 with 1284 viewsdistortR

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 12:35 - Jan 17 by QPRSteve

Not necessarily so. I've known quite intelligent women who will watch rubbish. I had a girlfriend who was big into feminist issues and was active in the Irish community to the extent that she was co-opted onto LB Islington's race relations committee. Yet when Big Brother hit our screens she would stay up until 2 -2.30 am watching that rubbish. She was also an avid watcher of crap like Shite-enders.

oh come off it, men watch loads of shite too, it's just our kind of shite so we don't necessary see it that way, because it's got guns or zombies or grown men getting over-excited by what we all really know is a kids.......................hang on, i'm f'king imploding here!
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 13:41 - Jan 17 with 1263 viewsizlingtonhoop

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 13:35 - Jan 17 by distortR

oh come off it, men watch loads of shite too, it's just our kind of shite so we don't necessary see it that way, because it's got guns or zombies or grown men getting over-excited by what we all really know is a kids.......................hang on, i'm f'king imploding here!

"getting over-excited by what we all really know is a kids..."

Distort! Don't say it out loud!

If you've thought it too, then it might be real...
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 13:59 - Jan 17 with 1214 viewspaulparker

Sunday Brunch
I hate lovejoy , the chef prat , the crap guests , the lame crew laughter, the Sh1t “alternative “ music clips they play before an advert
My missus puts this on every week I’m sure to wind me up because I can’t go 20 seconds without tutting or going into a tirade , a bit like this

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 14:05 - Jan 17 with 1205 viewsKonk

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 13:59 - Jan 17 by paulparker

Sunday Brunch
I hate lovejoy , the chef prat , the crap guests , the lame crew laughter, the Sh1t “alternative “ music clips they play before an advert
My missus puts this on every week I’m sure to wind me up because I can’t go 20 seconds without tutting or going into a tirade , a bit like this

Tim Lovejoy in a nutshell:

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 14:06 - Jan 17 with 1195 viewsdaveB

another cheerful I hate everything thread.
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 14:07 - Jan 17 with 1194 viewsloftboy

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:50 - Jan 17 by Northernr

They had Bill Bailey guest presenting one day this week, made it quite watchable!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 14:07]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 14:10 - Jan 17 with 1182 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 14:05 - Jan 17 by Konk

Tim Lovejoy in a nutshell:

Superb.

If he had mentioned that he ditched his local club to pretend to support the SW Racists, it would even be a banker at The Oscars/Pulitzer/Niche award amongst Rangers and our Fulham Friend.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024