Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread 14:09 - Apr 4 with 23414 viewsDorse

Currently, the UN recognises 195 countries, with a world population of 7.8 billion, representing thousands of different cultures, traditions and languages. Our differences are many, however, there is one thing that unites the entire human race: the fact that Nottingham Forest's squad contains at least one representative of each of the world's nations. Like some latter day Noah's ark, Forest has chosen to gather two of every culture, preserving the essence of humanity in case of cataclysm.

Can QPR's rag tag collection of waifs, strays and Dom Ball make any impact on this cast of thousands?

Definitely. 2-0 Rangers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:55 - Apr 5 with 2212 viewsNoelmc

Suspect Forest will now sit back and try to catch us on the break. So think we need to go more attacking. At some point early in the second half I’d be inclined to sub Ball, move Field into midfield, Kakay to the right of a back 3 with Dickie in the Centre. Albert to come on and play right wing back.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:56 - Apr 5 with 2190 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:55 - Apr 5 by Noelmc

Suspect Forest will now sit back and try to catch us on the break. So think we need to go more attacking. At some point early in the second half I’d be inclined to sub Ball, move Field into midfield, Kakay to the right of a back 3 with Dickie in the Centre. Albert to come on and play right wing back.

Good call, Noel.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:59 - Apr 5 with 2109 viewsSteveB

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:47 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed - poor defending, but he was pulled back as well I think.

HT.

There was a tug, not enough to pull up play and not really a factor considering the complete balls up he made. Really was a soft goal to concede, Barbet was playing quite nicely before that I thought. Much prefer us conceding screamers rather than w**k daft goals like that.

Be tough now, Forest look hard to break down, we have created very little 1st half. Lots of silly little errors all over the pitch from us. We will be better 2nd half.....

Oh, and - anyone else's stream keep on buffering?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 16:00]
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:01 - Apr 5 with 2010 viewsstrikerace

We look really sluggish. Our back has been too disjointed for my taste. Midfield getting beat to balls and giving the ball away to easy. Austin and Willock are isolated up top. Austin had a tough "half chance" but that was pretty much it. We need to step it up in the middle and start creating chances for our attackers. Austin dropping isn't a plan, he needs to be getting touches inside the 30
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:03 - Apr 5 with 1961 viewsGreenbay

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:55 - Apr 5 by Noelmc

Spot on Noel.
Why didn't Kakay play on the right of the back 3 from the start.
He's done it before and well.
Perhaps the answer lies that Kane - who would have gone to right wing back is not even on the bench. There's obviously something happening there. His interview?
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:03 - Apr 5 with 1961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 15:59 - Apr 5 by SteveB

There was a tug, not enough to pull up play and not really a factor considering the complete balls up he made. Really was a soft goal to concede, Barbet was playing quite nicely before that I thought. Much prefer us conceding screamers rather than w**k daft goals like that.

Be tough now, Forest look hard to break down, we have created very little 1st half. Lots of silly little errors all over the pitch from us. We will be better 2nd half.....

Oh, and - anyone else's stream keep on buffering?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 16:00]

Just looking at it again there, Steve.

I agree it was a mistake but I can't see how Grabban would have got to the ball without the pull-back.

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:04 - Apr 5 with 1924 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Back underway.
No subs on either side.

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:05 - Apr 5 with 1897 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:01 - Apr 5 by strikerace

We look really sluggish. Our back has been too disjointed for my taste. Midfield getting beat to balls and giving the ball away to easy. Austin and Willock are isolated up top. Austin had a tough "half chance" but that was pretty much it. We need to step it up in the middle and start creating chances for our attackers. Austin dropping isn't a plan, he needs to be getting touches inside the 30

“Sluggish”- Yeh I thought we were a bit clunky first 25 mins but were growing into the game and starting to find space after that. We don’t deserve to be losing this.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:05 - Apr 5 with 1886 viewsed_83

The goal looked like a pretty clear foul to me, Ameobi pulling Barbet back as he went round him. On the other hand, Barbet shouldn’t have given him the chance in the first place - shepherd it out, or boot it into touch.

Thought we looked alright apart from that, not quite clicking for us so far, but come out with a bit more energy second half and there’s no reason we can’t get right back in it.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:09 - Apr 5 with 1664 viewskarl

Good start to the half and straight away Wallace in a higher field position.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:10 - Apr 5 with 1640 viewsSteveB

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:03 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Just looking at it again there, Steve.

I agree it was a mistake but I can't see how Grabban would have got to the ball without the pull-back.

You may be right Bri, I only saw the goal 'live' and then my stream buffered and I haven't seen a replay. I may have been a tad harsh mate !

Stream up & running again on 51 mins....
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:11 - Apr 5 with 1580 viewskarl

There's the problem with it though, Wallace arriving back in defence as he's shooting rather than being in defensive shape
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:12 - Apr 5 with 1536 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:10 - Apr 5 by SteveB

You may be right Bri, I only saw the goal 'live' and then my stream buffered and I haven't seen a replay. I may have been a tad harsh mate !

Stream up & running again on 51 mins....

And I think I got the wrong oppo player!

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:12 - Apr 5 with 1503 viewsHantsR

Florist are quicker and more aggressive in the tackle. Much better at keeping possession than we are.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:13 - Apr 5 with 1458 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Much better from Rangers but I'm not sure about Ball being further forward than JoJo.

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:14 - Apr 5 with 1421 viewsstrikerace

We just keep giving the ball straight back to Forest
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:14 - Apr 5 with 1406 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Decent start to the half but getting sloppy now

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:14 - Apr 5 with 1390 viewskarl

This is exactly what Hughton has set up for, play safe waiting for a breakthrough and when they've got it just wait to pick us off.
Barbet should be more experienced than to play silly beggars with that situation leading to the goal so close to half time.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:15 - Apr 5 with 1347 viewsVancouverHoop

Seny's de Man!
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:17 - Apr 5 with 1275 viewsMalintabuk

Think we need a change out here
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:17 - Apr 5 with 1236 viewskarl

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:12 - Apr 5 by HantsR

Florist are quicker and more aggressive in the tackle. Much better at keeping possession than we are.

Just not looking like we can get any momentum going does it? Disappointing
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:18 - Apr 5 with 1202 viewsdenhamhoop2

Sloppy performance so far hate to say it but looks very much like an on the beach show so far
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:18 - Apr 5 with 1183 viewsHantsR

I think we need Dykes ... stop giving the *****ing ball away!!@
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:19 - Apr 5 with 1139 viewsVancouverHoop

Hughton's a very good coach. He's playing to our weaknesses very well, lack of speed and incisiveness especially.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:19 - Apr 5 with 1136 viewskarl

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:17 - Apr 5 by Malintabuk

Think we need a change out here

We're going to lose 2 or 3 nil as it is. Needs to get Ball off and change the dynamic of the game, certainly get Field into midfield so needs to be back 4?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024