Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane or Kakay 13:27 - Apr 19 with 36303 viewsQPR99

Not the biggest fan of Kane for obvious reasons, but looking at Kakay's recent games I wonder if he should be back starting.

Apparently Kakay lost the ball 'once every 2.5 touches and once every 4.5 minutes' against Boro. Completed only 57% of his 37 passes. I remember hearing Warbs say something before that this is how it works when building a team from younger players, that they do make mistakes but it gives experience and creates a better team. Which is so evident from Willock who i think has become one of our best players from his game time this season.

So... Kakay or Kane?
Kane or Kakay on 10:48 - May 6 with 2586 viewsEastR

Kane or Kakay on 10:12 - May 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry, EastR, but I don't know what to make of this...

Are you Irish? Either way, why are we perpetuating the old trope that Irish people are thick?

Beglin's not thick, and there would be no excuse for any comment about 'Latino temperament', not from Beglin who comes from the same town as Stephen Hunt and only a short drive from Roy Keane.

Posted with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

You’re right about that trope, I’m sure like many of us he’s been on the end of it at some point and it made his comments all the more stupid and crass.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Kane or Kakay on 11:32 - May 6 with 2517 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kane or Kakay on 10:48 - May 6 by EastR

Posted with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

You’re right about that trope, I’m sure like many of us he’s been on the end of it at some point and it made his comments all the more stupid and crass.

Grand. Sorry - wasn't sure. Thanks, EastR.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kane or Kakay on 13:20 - May 6 with 2400 viewsW7Ranger

Whilst I tend to agree about "stereotyping" some black players by saying they have pace and power. Would a black player/person actually consider that discriminatory or offensive? It's hardly a negative description of a players ability is it?

Likewise the good old fashioned white English Centre back/forward. Big, brutish, hard, no nonsense etc... what's the difference?

Also I think there was a comment about suspending a player until a hearing is heard. We have to be careful with this stance. If we go down that route, players could accuse other players of some sort of racist abuse and that player could be out of the game for several months whilst waiting for his fate and it turns out to be complete nonsense. This sort of thing could completely ruin an innocent players career. It can't be as black and white as that! (no pun inteneded!)
Kane or Kakay on 15:57 - May 6 with 2265 viewsE15Hoop

Kane or Kakay on 13:20 - May 6 by W7Ranger

Whilst I tend to agree about "stereotyping" some black players by saying they have pace and power. Would a black player/person actually consider that discriminatory or offensive? It's hardly a negative description of a players ability is it?

Likewise the good old fashioned white English Centre back/forward. Big, brutish, hard, no nonsense etc... what's the difference?

Also I think there was a comment about suspending a player until a hearing is heard. We have to be careful with this stance. If we go down that route, players could accuse other players of some sort of racist abuse and that player could be out of the game for several months whilst waiting for his fate and it turns out to be complete nonsense. This sort of thing could completely ruin an innocent players career. It can't be as black and white as that! (no pun inteneded!)

I wasn't looking on that as a formally sanctioned "set in stone" league-wise approach, but I'm sure that there are individual club managers with enough objectivity and common sense to decide whether its appropriate to withdraw that particular player from the frontline for the requisite period from when the charge becomes public knowledge to when the hearing is concluded.

In Todd Kane's case, I am very much of the mind that he should be dropped from the whole squad for the Luton game, as that's now effectively two strikes he's had. I think the length of time that the FA have taken over announcing this means that they're obviously convinced that there is a case for him to answer.

As luck would have it, this will be Geoff Cameron's final game for the club of course, so I don't think anyone will be too surprised if its Todd Kane's name missing from the squad list in place of Cameron's. This also nicely deflects that attention away from Kane.
Kane or Kakay on 16:03 - May 6 with 2247 viewsNorthernr

NRL has a 'no blame' thing where anybody accused of something like this, or charged or arrested with something outside the game, is stood down until it's resolved. Don't think it's resulted in a whole rush of false accusations from other players, though Josh Reynolds mental fantacist ex wife had a good crack at ruining his career.
Kane or Kakay on 16:32 - May 6 with 2190 viewsSott

Kane or Kakay on 16:03 - May 6 by Northernr

NRL has a 'no blame' thing where anybody accused of something like this, or charged or arrested with something outside the game, is stood down until it's resolved. Don't think it's resulted in a whole rush of false accusations from other players, though Josh Reynolds mental fantacist ex wife had a good crack at ruining his career.

...googling josh Reynolds...oh
Kane or Kakay on 16:39 - May 6 with 2172 viewsW7Ranger

All that aside and irrespective of this current "situation" which obviously doesn't look good for him (and to a lesser extent the club), I won't be surprised if he's gone this summer.

Just when he's started to show a bit of form, he makes those disparaging comments about a young team mate - and as made clear from the Warbs interview is not coming across as "the right sort", so you can see this only going in one direction.

He just doesn't come across as a very bright lad unfortunately.

On the flip side, delighted for Ossie to get his goal last week-end. Clearly means a lot to him, and holefully he will really kick on next season.

Luvvly Jubbly!
[Post edited 6 May 2021 16:44]
Kane or Kakay on 16:43 - May 6 with 2163 viewsNorthernr

Kane or Kakay on 16:32 - May 6 by Sott

...googling josh Reynolds...oh

Yeh, mad mad story that one.
It'd have to be to make a guy swap Sydney for Hull.
Login to get fewer ads

Kane or Kakay on 16:57 - May 6 with 2117 viewsdaveB

If you aim to resolve the case in days that should cut out any false accusations. Always amazes me how long it takes to gather evidence for these things, it's not a murder trial it's basically one players word against another so ask other players who played on the day, the ref and watch the incident on tv. Should be able to do that within a few days
Kane or Kakay on 16:57 - May 6 with 2116 viewsSott

Kane or Kakay on 16:43 - May 6 by Northernr

Yeh, mad mad story that one.
It'd have to be to make a guy swap Sydney for Hull.

Just my thought when I read it,poor bloke
Kane or Kakay on 17:08 - May 6 with 2105 viewsdenhamhoop2

Innocent until proven guilty is the basic tenet of English law but surely Kane can be suspended on full pay pending. This would be the case in most work situations with this sort of accusation so why not football.
If he is found guilty then he should be sacked with no compensation as to do anything else would just mean all the anti racism messages are just virtue signalling otherwise. If found innocent then keeps his job with a quiet word to not leave himself open to these accusations in the future
Kane or Kakay on 19:39 - May 6 with 1996 viewsGloryHunter

Kane or Kakay on 17:08 - May 6 by denhamhoop2

Innocent until proven guilty is the basic tenet of English law but surely Kane can be suspended on full pay pending. This would be the case in most work situations with this sort of accusation so why not football.
If he is found guilty then he should be sacked with no compensation as to do anything else would just mean all the anti racism messages are just virtue signalling otherwise. If found innocent then keeps his job with a quiet word to not leave himself open to these accusations in the future

"Full pay" might not be normal full pay if it means the player misses appearance bonuses or win bonuses, though?
Kane or Kakay on 20:31 - May 6 with 1929 viewsdenhamhoop2

Kane or Kakay on 19:39 - May 6 by GloryHunter

"Full pay" might not be normal full pay if it means the player misses appearance bonuses or win bonuses, though?

Neither of them are guaranteed are they ? besides having been at Chelscum since youth wouldn't have thought he would need to visit a Food Bank to put food on the table.
Kane or Kakay on 16:05 - May 7 with 1675 viewsRangersw12

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/club-statement-todd-kane-070521/

7 game ban and 6k fine
Kane or Kakay on 16:08 - May 7 with 1665 viewsNorthernr

Kane or Kakay on 16:05 - May 7 by Rangersw12

7 game ban and 6k fine

Well there's a can of worms...
Kane or Kakay on 16:11 - May 7 with 1633 viewsFrankRightguard

Whilst having no desire to defend Kane or what he said, that ruling seems a bit one eyed to me!
Kane or Kakay on 16:12 - May 7 with 1626 viewsPhildo

diving foreign cnt

Hmmmmmm.
Kane or Kakay on 16:13 - May 7 with 1604 viewsdaveB

7 game ban and 6k fine

I'll be honest reading what he's said I was expecting it to be a lot worse. 7 game ban for that seems excessive to me considering the Brentford player is accused of saying similar and got nothing
Kane or Kakay on 16:16 - May 7 with 1582 viewsAshdown_Ranger

7 game ban and 6k fine

+ internal disciplinary measures...

Does seem odd the FA took the opposition player's word about what he had said first of all (with no corroborating witnesses) which caused Kane to reply in the way that he did.
Kane or Kakay on 16:24 - May 7 with 1507 viewskarl

No problem with the club position or statement as they're handling the situation of their employee but the PFA will need to get a hold of this ruling as it seems to me, unless I'm missing something stupidly, like it's pretty common abusive behaviour from a footballer?
This is going to be a major ongoing he said/she said carry on imo.

This is ongoing in Scotland, the Facebook video he put up while the game was still playing was pretty hard stuff.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/56940793.amp
Kane or Kakay on 16:28 - May 7 with 1474 viewsed_83

Relieved that Kane's comments were - while still totally unacceptable - at the lower end of what I feared they might be. Bit weird that Canos' testimony was accepted at face value when Kane and Dickie's weren't, but neither Kane nor the club can have any real complaints. Glad it's been dealt with, hopefully everyone (including fans) can accept the ruling and move on.

In terms of Kane's longer-term future, it's on him now to demonstrate that the lapses in self-awareness and respect we saw with this and the Kakay interview aren't ever repeated. For me, I think the risk of him putting his foot in it outweigh his benefit to the team, so I'd be happy to see him move on in the summer, but he also deserves a chance to put everything right.
Kane or Kakay on 16:32 - May 7 with 1440 viewsswitchingcode

Kane or Kakay on 16:13 - May 7 by daveB

I'll be honest reading what he's said I was expecting it to be a lot worse. 7 game ban for that seems excessive to me considering the Brentford player is accused of saying similar and got nothing

I tend to agree just typical football chat between players during a game except the word for foreign or Spanish was used by one player.Had Canos said english I presume he would have had the same ban.Absolute madness and will now set a precedent.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 16:33]
Kane or Kakay on 16:32 - May 7 with 1437 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Diving foreign (expletive)" is certainly a xenophobic phrase but it's not racist towards any one Nationality, I think?

That's not to say there isn't a case to answer or that of isn't an offence, of course, I'm just trying to collect my thoughts on it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kane or Kakay on 16:41 - May 7 with 1343 viewsOldPedro

Kane or Kakay on 16:13 - May 7 by daveB

From the club statement, Kane seems to have been punished for pleading guilty while the Brentford player potentially got away with the same offence by denying it - despite 2 witnesses saying otherwise.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Kane or Kakay on 16:42 - May 7 with 1333 viewsToast_R

Y"ou f*cking English ugly c*nt"

"F*ck off you diving foreign c*nt"

One gets a 7 game ban and a 6k fine while the other gets off scot free?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024