Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Tonight 10:43 - Jun 6 with 20075 viewsDubaiR

I see Kane expected to start again. What’s the point, he is fit, played the first game. Not wonder Vardy retired, surely tonight give DCL a start, if Kane was to get injured it would weaken our chances significantly.

England Tonight on 22:18 - Jun 6 with 3256 viewsBenny_the_Ball

England Tonight on 21:58 - Jun 6 by Stainrod

Think I would pick Todd Kane over Godfrey

Yes, at least Todd knows the game inside out.
England Tonight on 08:19 - Jun 7 with 3043 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

Germany I would guess depends on your definition.

Lumping together West Germany and the unified Germany we're level. Treating them individually and the unified Germany have a better head to head record.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 11:17]
England Tonight on 09:12 - Jun 7 with 2957 viewsCamberleyR

England Tonight on 08:19 - Jun 7 by BrianWilliamsBeard

Lumping together West Germany and the unified Germany we're level. Treating them individually and the unified Germany have a better head to head record.

We actually played East Germany four times between 1963 & 1984. All friendlies, twice at Wembley and twice over there. We won three and drew the other.

This was the draw in 1974 just before the World Cup.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 9:13]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England Tonight on 09:36 - Jun 7 with 2902 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

Ta.

I shall send Soccerbase a strongly worded email.
England Tonight on 10:15 - Jun 7 with 2808 viewsdenhamhoop2

England Tonight on 08:19 - Jun 7 by BrianWilliamsBeard

Not true I was there in 1984 England won 1 0 Bryan Robson scored the goal and Streich won his 100th cap for them and hit the post as did Steve Williams for England
England Tonight on 11:18 - Jun 7 with 2715 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

Indeed as I was told above.

I have edited my erroneous comment.
England Tonight on 13:54 - Jun 7 with 2586 viewsterryb

If I recall correctly, we didn't recognise East Germany as a sovereign state & they had no embassy in the UK. Their citizens were not allowed visason enter (not that they would have been allowed out of the state!).

This changed due to football as their national team & club sides were allowed to play here. I also think that athletics played a part in bringing about the change.
England Tonight on 15:00 - Jun 7 with 2496 viewskensalriser

Right then, what are we going to slate Southgate for next?

Doesn't matter if it's something he hasn't done or isn't going to do, just pile on!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

England Tonight on 19:05 - Jun 7 with 2350 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Tonight on 15:00 - Jun 7 by kensalriser

Right then, what are we going to slate Southgate for next?

Doesn't matter if it's something he hasn't done or isn't going to do, just pile on!

Marxism apparently

England Tonight on 19:19 - Jun 7 with 2327 viewsRanger_Things

England Tonight on 19:05 - Jun 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Marxism apparently

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPyzbdCDoGS/?utm_medium=copy_link
England Tonight on 22:32 - Jun 7 with 2223 viewsaston_hoop

Marxism apparently

Cricket and politics is fine for him though at least it seems.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England Tonight on 22:49 - Jun 7 with 2200 viewsdaveB

I personally don't care if players take the knee or don't, fully respect whatever decision players make and they should be supported. England have made it pretty clear what they are doing it for so to boo that is shameful.

If people want to believe this knee thing is some sort of marxist takeover of their lives then feel free to believe it but show respect to the players and don't boo it just ignore it.

I find it genuinely comical how angry people are getting at politics in football and making their stand just seconds after singing No Surrender during the national anthem.

Would also add the idea and fear that the far left are ever going to win an election and gain power before turning this country into a communistic state is absolutely hilarious.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 22:55]
England Tonight on 01:37 - Jun 8 with 2107 viewsCLAREMAN1995

England Tonight on 22:32 - Jun 7 by aston_hoop

Cricket and politics is fine for him though at least it seems.

Not anything to do with QPR or England even but a tiny bit of insight into BLM
5 people shot dead and 55 wounded in Chicago this weekend.
3 people shot dead and 34 wounded last weekend.
Last year despite all the Covid restrictions 763 died and over 4000 injured .
No BLM marches or protests just forgotten victims many young people and some too poor to afford burials.
Now in Minnesota a wanted felon with a warrant being served is surrounded by Sheriffs trying to arrest him but he does not comply instead opens fire and is shot dead (dont shoot at police you will miss they wont.
BLM arrive on the scene rioting and looting ensue and it all kicks off because there will be a lawsuit and huge publicity .
Whose life is more valuable a wanted felon or a 10 year old reading on her front porch but 100% of the time BLM pick the police shooting because its about the money sadly and always will be .
England Tonight on 02:04 - Jun 8 with 2099 viewsSydneyRs

England Tonight on 22:49 - Jun 7 by daveB

I personally don't care if players take the knee or don't, fully respect whatever decision players make and they should be supported. England have made it pretty clear what they are doing it for so to boo that is shameful.

If people want to believe this knee thing is some sort of marxist takeover of their lives then feel free to believe it but show respect to the players and don't boo it just ignore it.

I find it genuinely comical how angry people are getting at politics in football and making their stand just seconds after singing No Surrender during the national anthem.

Would also add the idea and fear that the far left are ever going to win an election and gain power before turning this country into a communistic state is absolutely hilarious.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 22:55]

There's an incredible number of people convinced that everything they conceive as bad in the world is the fault of "the left" or "marxists", at a time when the left have never been further from power and influence nothing in the UK. Even if Labour ever do get in again, its probably going to be the tory lite style that succeeded in the late 90s and early 2000s.

I guess we have to admit the Murdoch/Tory press is doing a better job than ever. The current govt have messed up time and time again and yet their standing in the polls never wavers. Obviously this is partly Labour's fault, but the Conservatives are not even being held accountable by their own voters. Rather than call it out and demand better, its always "but Corbyn" etc.

As for so called England fans not wanting politics in football, I must have misheard the "two world wars and one world cup", "ten German bombers" and "no surrender to the IRA" chants repeatedly sung at England games.
England Tonight on 07:06 - Jun 8 with 2025 viewsnix

England Tonight on 02:04 - Jun 8 by SydneyRs

There's an incredible number of people convinced that everything they conceive as bad in the world is the fault of "the left" or "marxists", at a time when the left have never been further from power and influence nothing in the UK. Even if Labour ever do get in again, its probably going to be the tory lite style that succeeded in the late 90s and early 2000s.

I guess we have to admit the Murdoch/Tory press is doing a better job than ever. The current govt have messed up time and time again and yet their standing in the polls never wavers. Obviously this is partly Labour's fault, but the Conservatives are not even being held accountable by their own voters. Rather than call it out and demand better, its always "but Corbyn" etc.

As for so called England fans not wanting politics in football, I must have misheard the "two world wars and one world cup", "ten German bombers" and "no surrender to the IRA" chants repeatedly sung at England games.

I think this is both true and very worrying and I'm nowhere near hard left and definitely nowhere near being a Corbynista but I think to have a reasonably balanced democracy you need at least two things: a workable, balanced media and some reasonable chance of more than one party getting into power.

Unfortunately, the media doesn't even attempt to hold those in power to account more than just the occasional article, where in the past it would have hounded the dishonest, the incompetent and the self interested out in the end. Meanwhile social media has empowered people with poor critical thinking skills to think they're in the know and have unearthed nuggets of info (through unsubstantiated claims, half truths and appeals to feelings untrammelled by facts) that others are just brainwashed into unbelieving, eg Brexit (not everyone who voted but certainly enough to have a casting vote), anti-Vaxx movement etc, etc.

I'm not sure what this Government would have to do to become unelectable. Which isn't good for anyone. It leads to hubris such as the Poll Tax and the Iraq war. We're eleven years into a Tory Government (I'm counting the coalition) and I can't see change any time soon. Meanwhile we have a proven liar running the country and Ministers openly lining their pockets with tax payers' money without even a rap on the knuckles.

I think we need to be more even handed and less partisan. We're not talking about a football team here that we support whatever they do. Democracy means both sides can feasibly win. With the MSM bias plus underhand social media tactics, this is barely possible any more which I genuinely think is bad for the country.
England Tonight on 07:27 - Jun 8 with 2002 viewsdistortR

I'm not the greatest supporter of the BLM movement for various reasons, although I fully agree with their goal of equality.
Of course I wouldn't jeer people taking the knee.
I would like to actually hear from those booing WHY they are booing. Do they believe that our millionaire footballers are part of a marxist cabal? I doubt it. Does this presumption feed into a white, working class impression of not being heard? Possibly.
If no-one listens to you, you're probably going to say no.
England Tonight on 12:59 - Jun 8 with 1883 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/jun/08/david-squires-on

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England Tonight on 13:11 - Jun 8 with 1846 viewsbollockchops

But I still see that tackle by Moore
And when Linekar scored
Bobby belting the ball
And Nobby Dancing
England Tonight on 14:57 - Jun 8 with 1706 viewsDannytheR

Marxism apparently

"Soccer fans".

[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 15:00]
England Tonight on 15:36 - Jun 8 with 1648 viewskensalriser

England Tonight on 01:37 - Jun 8 by CLAREMAN1995

Not anything to do with QPR or England even but a tiny bit of insight into BLM
5 people shot dead and 55 wounded in Chicago this weekend.
3 people shot dead and 34 wounded last weekend.
Last year despite all the Covid restrictions 763 died and over 4000 injured .
No BLM marches or protests just forgotten victims many young people and some too poor to afford burials.
Now in Minnesota a wanted felon with a warrant being served is surrounded by Sheriffs trying to arrest him but he does not comply instead opens fire and is shot dead (dont shoot at police you will miss they wont.
BLM arrive on the scene rioting and looting ensue and it all kicks off because there will be a lawsuit and huge publicity .
Whose life is more valuable a wanted felon or a 10 year old reading on her front porch but 100% of the time BLM pick the police shooting because its about the money sadly and always will be .

That's not an insight, it's a bunch of stuff you've conflated to make a racist conclusion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England Tonight on 15:40 - Jun 8 with 1636 viewsRangersw12

Another football thread hijacked by politics
England Tonight on 17:02 - Jun 8 with 1551 viewsrsonist

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57404223

Football masters the Venn diagram
England Tonight on 18:08 - Jun 8 with 1453 viewsdenhamhoop2

Don't quite understand people booing the gesture but not quite sure what exactly the PFA hopes to achieve with this what is the end game ? Very naive if they think racists and bigots will see them taking the knee and go "Yes now I can see my actions are wrong I shall treat every person the same and judge them by the content of their heart rather than their skin colour or sexual orientation"
England Tonight on 19:52 - Jun 8 with 1357 viewsdaveB

great letter/article by Southgate

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/dear-england-gareth-southgate-euros-socc
England Tonight on 20:35 - Jun 8 with 1312 viewsSheffieldHoop

England Tonight on 19:52 - Jun 8 by daveB

great letter/article by Southgate

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/dear-england-gareth-southgate-euros-socc

"Regardless of your upbringing and politics, what is clear is that we are an incredible nation – relative to our size and population – that has contributed so much to the arts, science and sport.
We do have a special identity and that remains a powerful motivator."

Some journo somewhere currently knocking out 200 words on why this display of English Exceptionalism can't go "unchecked"

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024