Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eustace 03:18 - Jul 22 with 17443 viewsB_Wad

I suppose this is part of what comes with the club's ascending reputation.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57923015
Eustace on 19:50 - Jul 25 with 2827 viewsgazza1

Eustace on 19:20 - Jul 25 by rsonist

Clown manoeuvres. If you said it then you can explain it.

If I wanna explain it I will, if I don't I wont - simples really. You like it or not, it don't bother me.
Eustace on 19:57 - Jul 25 with 2774 viewsdmm

Eustace on 19:48 - Jul 25 by gazza1

100% for the Club, 100% for the Team in simplistic terms. Kane for example, many thought what he did was nothing really or it wasn't that bad but what is happening to him - gone basically!!

Eustace has 'as good as gone' but something has stopped it happening and he uses the word 'reluctantly' suggesting he is not happy.........that would not be seen as too good in the current regime.

The club allowed Swansea and Eustace to discuss him becoming the manager: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-give-swansea-permission-to-speak-to-eust

There is no issue about him being 100% or not for QPR. If QPR had such a requirement for an assistance manager we'd never be able to recruit one. This is about Eustace progressing in his career.
Eustace on 20:02 - Jul 25 with 2746 viewsrsonist

Young assistant managers at the pinnacle of club football have done the exact same as Eustace is looking to. It's laughable to equate it to Kane disrespecting a young team mate on a public platform.
Eustace on 20:06 - Jul 25 with 2738 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Eustace on 15:32 - Jul 25 by DavieQPR

Obvious he didn't want to take a Liberty.

Well he had a good think about it but it obviously wasn't a Gower!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Eustace on 20:12 - Jul 25 with 2693 viewsdm97

100% for the Club, 100% for the Team in simplistic terms. Kane for example, many thought what he did was nothing really or it wasn't that bad but what is happening to him - gone basically!!

Eustace has 'as good as gone' but something has stopped it happening and he uses the word 'reluctantly' suggesting he is not happy.........that would not be seen as too good in the current regime.

As stated above, not sure the analogy with Kane really works - although I get the "head being turned" sentiment you're implying. Either way, seeing him warm them up yesterday you realise how integral he is, both in terms of coaching and team cohesion. I for one am glad he is staying whether he wants a job in the league or not
Eustace on 20:25 - Jul 25 with 2625 viewsMick_S

Eustace on 20:12 - Jul 25 by dm97

As stated above, not sure the analogy with Kane really works - although I get the "head being turned" sentiment you're implying. Either way, seeing him warm them up yesterday you realise how integral he is, both in terms of coaching and team cohesion. I for one am glad he is staying whether he wants a job in the league or not

He’s using the club as the club are using him. It’s horrible, but it’s working. I do get gazza’s point, but I don’t think it should bother us. It’s done and gone, short term.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Eustace on 20:29 - Jul 25 with 2605 viewsCiderwithRsie

Completely agree with your first para, respect is clearly paramount to Warbs and rightly so, but your second is based on a weird reading of "reluctant"

You seem to think it means "I'm reluctant to still be at QPR". That'd p*ss off QPR for no benefit to him, why would he say that? I think any normal person would assume he means "Sorry, Swansea, no disrespect but it's no go"

He's currently assistant manager with us and the previous height of his career was managing Kidderminster in non-League, it's hardly disrespectful to QPR if he was interested in an offer to manage a club that got in the play-offs the last two years and was in the Prem just a few years back.

The most straightforward explanation is that Swansea asked to talk to him, it was on the face of it a great chance for him so we didn't stand in his way; (doesn't imply he's unhappy or disloyal, it'd be very odd not to go for the biggest job he's ever been offered); the personal terms were OK but he started to look around the club (Swansea) and found things that didn't smell right.

And why wouldn't he be happy at QPR? Compare how things are to what they were like when he joined, the players he's got to work with. Of course if the top job comes up at a decent club he'll be interested, so would anyone in any job
Eustace on 20:29 - Jul 25 with 2600 viewsrsonist

Eustace on 20:25 - Jul 25 by Mick_S

He’s using the club as the club are using him. It’s horrible, but it’s working. I do get gazza’s point, but I don’t think it should bother us. It’s done and gone, short term.

Was Eze no better than BOS for leaving for a higher level then?
Login to get fewer ads

Eustace on 20:32 - Jul 25 with 2581 viewsrsonist

Three years doing a good job every day before looking for a promotion, cutthroat business this!
Eustace on 20:39 - Jul 25 with 2548 viewsgazza1

We will see guys over the coming few days/weeks......
Eustace on 20:40 - Jul 25 with 2546 viewsCiderwithRsie

Anyway, sort of covered in the OP, but the big thing here is that looking at the league tables over the past 5-10 years and you'd say that Swansea would be a step-up for Warburton, let alone Eustace. The fact the job was offered to our assistant manager, and that he turned it down, goes to show the respect our club is now held in.

It's a hell of a turn round.
Eustace on 20:44 - Jul 25 with 2521 viewsrsonist

Eustace on 20:39 - Jul 25 by gazza1

We will see guys over the coming few days/weeks......

https://talksport.com/football/efl/916829/

What will we see?
Eustace on 20:44 - Jul 25 with 2525 viewsMick_S

Eustace on 20:29 - Jul 25 by rsonist

Was Eze no better than BOS for leaving for a higher level then?

I feel Eze did it in a better and more respectful way, r. What Eustace has done doesn’t bother me, I just don’t think there is anything wrong there. I did think that there was something going wobbly with the Swansea appointment because he was at Rangers yesterday. I know nothing - just guesswork. He’ll be off soon, and that’s fine, because I think we are better prepared for this now.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 20:45]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Eustace on 21:21 - Jul 25 with 2374 viewsBlackCrowe

Guy went for job, got counter-offered with money and promise of rosy future, decided to stay. Happens thousands of times a year, week in week out.

Just had the same the week before last, and thankfully managed to persuade her to stay, she's great, no animosity whatsoever from me...in fact pleased that she's got ambition and hunger and not a plodder. Now up to the pair of us to deliver on her ambitions.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Eustace on 23:27 - Jul 25 with 2130 viewsMyke

Of course he could just being a little bit naughty. Miffed that they didn't offer him the position the last time , so left them in a wee bit of a lurch by turning down at the last minute this time. I did that with a school once - immature, but immensely satisfying!
Eustace on 08:42 - Jul 26 with 1914 viewsEsox_Lucius

Eustace on 20:44 - Jul 25 by rsonist

https://talksport.com/football/efl/916829/

What will we see?

A WUM with nothing to back up his posts. One for the ignore lists.

The grass is always greener.

Eustace on 09:15 - Jul 26 with 1853 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eustace on 08:42 - Jul 26 by Esox_Lucius

A WUM with nothing to back up his posts. One for the ignore lists.

no idea what's he's said, because I've done exactly that. I don't want to be in an echo chamber, but equally this place is much more fun with a few judicious ignores (am sure I've been muted by plenty!)

Bare bones.

Eustace on 10:06 - Jul 26 with 1704 viewsterryb

I don't see what the difference is here than when Blackpool & Doncaster came calling. I believe all three approached Eustace rather than he applied for the jobs.

Of course he will eventually leave the club, but I cant imagine that it will be during this season.
Eustace on 11:03 - Jul 26 with 1587 viewsaston_hoop

Scumbag Terry has just quit Villa to try for management.....surely Swansea aren't that desperate?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Eustace on 11:18 - Jul 26 with 1542 viewsrsonist

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reason-john-eustace-t

John Eustace turned down the chance to take over at Swansea City due to personal reasons, WalesOnline has learned.[...] it's understood Eustace's decision was not a footballing or financial one.

Indeed, it's believed he was relishing the task at hand and the chance to rebuild the squad, having previously come close to taking over in 2019 when Graham Potter left the club.

[...] it seems the deal taking him to SA1 has fallen through due to matters beyond the control of Eustace or the club, with both parties believed to be bitterly disappointed at how things have developed.
Eustace on 11:20 - Jul 26 with 1531 viewsrsonist

Eustace on 11:03 - Jul 26 by aston_hoop

Scumbag Terry has just quit Villa to try for management.....surely Swansea aren't that desperate?

If he came with Jody Morris that might be a good draw though. Some talk Morris is in the running on his own.
Eustace on 11:25 - Jul 26 with 1516 viewsrsonist

Eustace on 10:06 - Jul 26 by terryb

I don't see what the difference is here than when Blackpool & Doncaster came calling. I believe all three approached Eustace rather than he applied for the jobs.

Of course he will eventually leave the club, but I cant imagine that it will be during this season.

Kind of rests on various journo semantics. Being "in the final 3" for Donny suggests to me he applied and missed out, but I guess it's possible it could mean he was approached to interview, who knows. Blackpool he "rejected the chance to speak to" last year, despite WLS even back then adding he was keen to manage. Seemed a good job at the time, as Neil Critchley has since proven.
Eustace on 16:43 - Jul 26 with 1271 viewsPinnerPaul

Eustace on 18:21 - Jul 25 by gazza1

You can say and think what you like but it would not go down well with our current leaders of the Club.......it is against all their principles. That suggests trouble for Eustace.

Can't agree.

Our 'principle' for the players is that if they get a better offer we try to get the best price for them.

"Everyone is for sale" MW said and as I said a couple of weeks ago that applies to the staff as well.
Eustace on 16:47 - Jul 26 with 1248 viewsPinnerPaul

'Personal reasons'

Could be anything, including a very ill relative for example.

Maybe some should bear that in mind when making assumptions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024