Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johansen 11:33 - Jul 21 with 28535 viewsonlyrinmoray

How long is this taking surely Fulham have made up their mind whether they want him and whether we want him /can afford him Not long till the season starts
Johansen on 11:36 - Jul 21 with 7607 viewsToast_R

Maybe he's weighing up other offers as well. Highly likely QPR are offering a substantially less amount of money than his previous Fulham contract so he's probably biding his time. If we do get this deal done it may be a deadline day one.
Johansen on 11:39 - Jul 21 with 7590 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Well the transfer window doesn’t close until 31st August I think so might be a while yet. JoJo is still under contract at Fulham so the ball is in their court but I’m more hopeful of this happening than I was a couple of months ago.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Johansen on 11:40 - Jul 21 with 7577 viewsozexile

Seems to be a good old fashioned stand off. Fulham hold all the aces here.
Johansen on 11:43 - Jul 21 with 7557 viewsnix

Johansen on 11:36 - Jul 21 by Toast_R

Maybe he's weighing up other offers as well. Highly likely QPR are offering a substantially less amount of money than his previous Fulham contract so he's probably biding his time. If we do get this deal done it may be a deadline day one.

I agree.

Also Fulham are also probably working out who is in the market. They've tended to get overseas players in recent seasons which is harder with Brexit now they are in the Championship.

I expect Warburton's been planning his transfers for months (if not particular players, then certainly what positions he needs to be filled). Fulham have the transition from the Prem, a new manager, the loss of the back room team and a load of loan players presumably leaving. It's much more complicated and more like we were in the previous two seasons, when it took until January before the squad started to take shape.
Johansen on 11:45 - Jul 21 with 7546 viewsTheChef

I'm expecting it not to happen, and will be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Johansen on 11:49 - Jul 21 with 7527 viewsrobith

dunno mate, with your extensive experience of football negotiation could you give us a timeline of when we should've expected it
Johansen on 11:50 - Jul 21 with 7520 viewsBAWHoops

He's actually not badly stocked at all in that deeper midfield role.

Dozzell, Amos, Ball, Field, Bettache.

Johanssen a step up from those 5, but they're all young and can improve

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Johansen on 12:01 - Jul 21 with 7435 viewsdmm

Johansen on 11:50 - Jul 21 by BAWHoops

You're right, of course, but I get the impression Amos is still some way off from being ready. I'm not even sure he's in full preseason training. Then it'll take time for him to get back to being close to the form he showed before his ACL injury. All in all, I'm not expecting him to feature until September at the earliest.
Login to get fewer ads

Johansen on 13:19 - Jul 21 with 7069 viewssimmo

I agree we have bodies, but besides the fact none are close to being as good as Johansen - it's everything he does/is off the pitch too. A leader, international, masses of PL and Championship experience. Based on his loan he'd be the difference between top half and top 6 IMO.

I've been quietly confident but time kills deals and the longer it goes on, the more I feel we could miss out and we'd start on the back foot a bit. MW is clearly confident, was talking as if he was already in the squad for the interview with Clive.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Johansen on 13:22 - Jul 21 with 7043 viewsrsonist

It's now a kind of funny - but not unpleasant - situation where SJ is both icing and cake.

We've done our business to crack on without him, but if he did come it could have an enormous effect.

We don't have a like-for-like replacement for him as such - Amos likely to take a while as dmm says, Dozzell inclined to play deeper, both unfinished articles - but that's why we're prepared to make an exception for him. As an all-rounder with presence and seniority he's a unique short-cut on the path we're already set on.

Regardless of SJ's box-to-box quality however, freshening up the full backs should hopefully play nicely to Dozzell's strengths as well as Dickie and Barbet's offensively.

Given Fulham haven't got any sort of ball rolling his summer yet and with a new manager only just in I'd agree we can expect it to be a late-doors deal if it happens. There are still so many contingencies and moving parts despite the fundamental basics of the deal being in our favour. How much money they get for the likes of Robinson and Anguissa, how soon they get it to spend it, the future of Harrison Reed too in particular... not really much incentive on their part not to keep him in their back pocket until deadline.
Johansen on 13:28 - Jul 21 with 7026 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Someone said on Twitter last night that he wasn’t in the squad for Fulham’s last friendly and that gave me some hope. I still think that this will happen.

He certainly wants to stay in London and local. An interview I heard with him was the least ‘footballers’ that I’ve heard. It was all about the school run and how long it took him to get to training.

He knows that QPR want him - why would he risk staying with an unknown manager. If a player wants out very few clubs dig their heels in as it isn’t good for the squad morale.

He’ll sign.
Johansen on 13:42 - Jul 21 with 6954 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Johansen on 13:19 - Jul 21 by simmo

I agree we have bodies, but besides the fact none are close to being as good as Johansen - it's everything he does/is off the pitch too. A leader, international, masses of PL and Championship experience. Based on his loan he'd be the difference between top half and top 6 IMO.

I've been quietly confident but time kills deals and the longer it goes on, the more I feel we could miss out and we'd start on the back foot a bit. MW is clearly confident, was talking as if he was already in the squad for the interview with Clive.

Let’s not get too fixated on this transfer. It’s not like our entire future depends on it happening. I’d imagine the club have a back up plan and they seem fairly relaxed about the whole thing

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Johansen on 14:01 - Jul 21 with 6833 viewsrsonist

Johansen on 13:42 - Jul 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

Let’s not get too fixated on this transfer. It’s not like our entire future depends on it happening. I’d imagine the club have a back up plan and they seem fairly relaxed about the whole thing

If there is a back up plan it won't be this summer. It may even just be trying again in January, or waiting til contract expiry next year.

Looking to invest in Ben Whiteman in January (before SJ!) suggested to me the club had intentions for the position beyond just Amos stop gap / relegation firefighter. Whether that's now covered by Dozzell it's hard to say, although Warbs certainly seems in his interviews to see him as being potentially more dynamic than his career to date might indicate.
Johansen on 14:21 - Jul 21 with 6744 viewsrobith

the key for me is not johansen or bust, but what he brought to the team and how we can replicate it if we can't get him
Johansen on 14:25 - Jul 21 with 6708 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If he doesn’t come and we have to settle for 2nd instead of 1st I reckon I can live with that.
Johansen on 16:54 - Jul 21 with 6396 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Johansen on 11:45 - Jul 21 by TheChef

I'm expecting it not to happen, and will be pleasantly surprised if it does.

That's probably the most sensible outlook.
Johansen on 16:56 - Jul 21 with 6384 viewsBenny_the_Ball

They are more likely to improve by learning from Johansen.
Johansen on 17:22 - Jul 21 with 6250 viewsbosh67

I reckon if this happens it will be about a week before the season starts. It really depends on Fulham as they have the say over his current contract anyway.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Johansen on 17:31 - Jul 21 with 6202 viewsKonk

Given we always do 95% of our business about five minutes before the deadline, I expect Johansen to sign for you about then.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Johansen on 17:41 - Jul 21 with 6148 viewsTheChef

Johansen on 17:31 - Jul 21 by Konk

Given we always do 95% of our business about five minutes before the deadline, I expect Johansen to sign for you about then.

I assume that is the Tony Khan way!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Johansen on 17:48 - Jul 21 with 6111 viewsKonk

Johansen on 17:41 - Jul 21 by TheChef

I assume that is the Tony Khan way!

Yeah, the first few games don’t count when they tally-up points at the end of the season, and pre-season’s a waste of time, so all the smart clubs do their business on deadline day. It’s a winning strategy.

Johansen on 17:54 - Jul 21 with 6080 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Johansen on 17:31 - Jul 21 by Konk

Any danger of you guys needing / keeping him?
Johansen on 18:20 - Jul 21 with 5962 viewsbosh67

Johansen on 17:48 - Jul 21 by Konk

Yeah, the first few games don’t count when they tally-up points at the end of the season, and pre-season’s a waste of time, so all the smart clubs do their business on deadline day. It’s a winning strategy.

How are you feeling about your boys this season Konk?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Johansen on 08:04 - Jul 22 with 5233 viewsKonk

Johansen on 18:20 - Jul 21 by bosh67

How are you feeling about your boys this season Konk?

Bazza - I would keep hold of him because he’s class at this level.

Bosh67 - very difficult to say this early in the window(!) but as things stand, we have a squad that you would hope would make the top 4. Mitrovic is looking very trim in pre-season photos, and if he stays he should be good for 20+ goals. Not got strong feelings either way on Silva, but a decent coach - which I think he is - should be able to get the current squad up or at least very close to that.

Personally, I would be happy with some entertaining football, play-offs, and one or two of the youngsters breaking through. But our squad could look radically different by the close of the window, so ask me then!

Johansen on 09:05 - Jul 22 with 5088 viewsBlue_Castello

Johansen on 08:04 - Jul 22 by Konk

Bazza - I would keep hold of him because he’s class at this level.

Bosh67 - very difficult to say this early in the window(!) but as things stand, we have a squad that you would hope would make the top 4. Mitrovic is looking very trim in pre-season photos, and if he stays he should be good for 20+ goals. Not got strong feelings either way on Silva, but a decent coach - which I think he is - should be able to get the current squad up or at least very close to that.

Personally, I would be happy with some entertaining football, play-offs, and one or two of the youngsters breaking through. But our squad could look radically different by the close of the window, so ask me then!

Somehow he feels like the final piece in the jigsaw for us , somebody in midfield with bags of experience who showed us last year how to control the midfield, as you say he's class at Champ level and I'm still confused why Fulham couldn't use him in the Premiership.

I've seen recently that Fulham are linked to Matt Grimes of Swansea and the papers are reporting that now Steve Coopers gone they expect players to leave Swansea. There's just a chance it could all fall into place and we get our man , in Fulhams last promotion it appeared Harrison Reed was used as the fulcrum in midfield if he's first choice would that mean Johansen is benched, assuming Cairneys fit and doesn't leave.
Like a number of people I see this potential transfer could run until deadline day, as Konk reliably informs us Fulham do a lot of their business very last minute.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024