Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eustace 03:18 - Jul 22 with 17447 viewsB_Wad

I suppose this is part of what comes with the club's ascending reputation.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57923015
Eustace on 07:25 - Jul 22 with 7596 viewsdmm

I was thinking just yesterday that this might happen. Eustace is clearly very well regarded.
Eustace on 07:27 - Jul 22 with 7585 viewsNorthernr

He nearly got that job last time.
Eustace on 08:49 - Jul 22 with 7423 viewsloftus77

Yep - this makes sense, sadly. Would be very surprised (pleased) if this didn't happen.
Eustace on 08:53 - Jul 22 with 7385 viewsrsonist

He's had a better reputation than the club for most of his time here...

After having reportedly turned down a good job in Blackpool last summer he was in for the Doncaster job a few months ago, according to the BBC man there (I'm presuming being in "final 3"means he's actively applying and interviewing...)

Given the paucity of the other options at the time I'm fairly sure he'd be our manager now if things had gone against Warbs in December.
Eustace on 08:54 - Jul 22 with 7385 viewsToast_R

Thought Cooper was doing pretty well at Swansea, why have they parted ways?
Eustace on 09:11 - Jul 22 with 7326 viewsdmm

Should Eustace leave I'd expect Warburton to appoint Banfield as his assistant manager. Perhaps that might open up an opportunity to promote Hall to assistant first team coach?
Eustace on 09:36 - Jul 22 with 7247 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cooper leaving is an odd one. Palace and Fulham looked at him but it didn't happen, and this seems 'mutual' leaning to Cooper deciding to leave because of the future of the club. He must have an inkling of another job, surely? Lee Carsley's getting the England U21 job isn't he? So can't be that.

Bare bones.

Eustace on 10:25 - Jul 22 with 7107 viewsEsox_Lucius

Eustace on 09:11 - Jul 22 by dmm

Should Eustace leave I'd expect Warburton to appoint Banfield as his assistant manager. Perhaps that might open up an opportunity to promote Hall to assistant first team coach?

I feel Hall is the catalyst for the youth teams and is ideally suited to stay where he is. That would of course rely on Hall feeling the same way.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Eustace on 11:25 - Jul 22 with 6987 viewsDavieQPR

Eustace on 08:54 - Jul 22 by Toast_R

Dwindling parachute payments and owners not putting in their own money means they are selling their best players and not giving him a transfer budget. Example being Ayew who scored 36% of their goals last year.
Eustace on 11:56 - Jul 22 with 6892 viewsBazzeR

Managers are very much like players nowadays in that there is a shelf life of perhaps 3 year to either achieve success or to move on to new pastures,in Cooper case at the moment with his stock reasonably high.

Bottom line is Cooper is on a hiding to nothing staying with Swansea with a reduced budget.
Eustace on 12:27 - Jul 22 with 6840 viewsRangersw12

Eustace has already had talks with Julian Winter at Swansea by SwansIndependent 22 Jul 2021 12:15
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55306/eustace-has-already-had-talks-with-julian-winter-at-swansea

Latest news

Swansea fans saying already had talks
Eustace on 13:27 - Jul 22 with 6665 viewsrsonist

Does seem to be looking likely.

Hard to say the effect it'll have on us but at least it hasn't come completely out of the blue and we'll have had several months to prepare.
Eustace on 16:58 - Jul 22 with 6359 viewsterryb

I would really like John Eustace to stay with us, but if he goes I think we should all wish him all the best & thank him for the time that he has spent at Rangers.

The change in how we "performed" following his first match in charge at Norwich was quite amazing.
Eustace on 17:13 - Jul 22 with 6315 viewsSWANSEYE

Eustace on 11:25 - Jul 22 by DavieQPR

Dwindling parachute payments and owners not putting in their own money means they are selling their best players and not giving him a transfer budget. Example being Ayew who scored 36% of their goals last year.

Totally agree.. I'm a Swans fan and think Coops was fed up of seeing his best players being sold by the Yankee owners when they should have backed him for another push this Season... Think we may have found an ideal replacement in Eustace though. Good luck for the coming season.
Eustace on 17:31 - Jul 22 with 6249 viewsflynnbo

Eustace on 17:13 - Jul 22 by SWANSEYE

Totally agree.. I'm a Swans fan and think Coops was fed up of seeing his best players being sold by the Yankee owners when they should have backed him for another push this Season... Think we may have found an ideal replacement in Eustace though. Good luck for the coming season.

Thanks and you too.
Eustace on 07:22 - Jul 23 with 5950 viewsDr_Winston

Eustace on 08:54 - Jul 22 by Toast_R

Just think how boring England were to watch in the early stages of the Euros and then imagine two years of it.

The general consensus is that we're about as much fun to watch under Cooper as a Mrs. Brown's Boys box set. Quite a lot of people are thankful for Covid as we've been able to watch games at home with a book or maybe Netflix going on another screen instead of suffering through it in the stadium.

Lot of people thinking that he's tried to wangle another job whilst his stock is still high but nobody is interested, which tells you the same story.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Eustace on 09:13 - Jul 23 with 5700 viewsfrancisbowles

Eustace on 11:25 - Jul 22 by DavieQPR

Aren't the owners just adjusting to Championship P&S, old contracts coming to an end and having to be replaced with cheaper options?
Eustace on 09:45 - Jul 23 with 5630 viewsgazza1

Done deal apparently......some at the Club are very pleased that he is going.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 9:47]
Eustace on 10:00 - Jul 23 with 5570 viewsRs_Holy

Eustace on 09:45 - Jul 23 by gazza1

Done deal apparently......some at the Club are very pleased that he is going.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 9:47]

"some at the Club are very pleased that he is going"... Eustace?
Eustace on 11:43 - Jul 23 with 5416 viewsKensal_Ranger

WLS saying he's off after tomorrow's match.
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qprs-eustace-swansea-manager-job-884322
Eustace on 11:49 - Jul 23 with 5380 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eustace on 11:43 - Jul 23 by Kensal_Ranger

WLS saying he's off after tomorrow's match.
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qprs-eustace-swansea-manager-job-884322

Made a note in my diary on the way here.

Simply says: "Bugger".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eustace on 12:08 - Jul 23 with 5301 viewssprocket

Good for him...

I think it's a good thing thing that both players and coaches are moving on after proving/improving themselves. I'm sure Warbs will get a good replacement or better still promote from within
Eustace on 12:19 - Jul 23 with 5260 viewshertshoops

Eustace on 12:08 - Jul 23 by sprocket

Good for him...

I think it's a good thing thing that both players and coaches are moving on after proving/improving themselves. I'm sure Warbs will get a good replacement or better still promote from within

Yep good luck to him

Was wondering will Warbs have a coaching sidekick in mind from elsewhere

Maybe Paul Hall from the 23's ? Same as with the 23's players it would show the pathway to progress up the staff coaching ranks

Would make sense to keep the quality of coaching high if we are wanting to attract quality youngsters
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 12:22]
Eustace on 14:51 - Jul 23 with 5025 viewsfrancisbowles

Our assistant manager, with very little experience of being a number one in the league, is wanted by a team that finished higher than us.!

Club's got respect again.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 14:51]
Eustace on 15:15 - Jul 23 with 4951 viewswombat

Eustace on 14:51 - Jul 23 by francisbowles

Our assistant manager, with very little experience of being a number one in the league, is wanted by a team that finished higher than us.!

Club's got respect again.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 14:51]

A certain Clint hill would fit the bill , , MW knows him from rangers as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024