Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin head butt on Grant Hall 22:05 - Aug 18 with 24908 viewsBakes

Now I’m all for us bringing the sh*thousery but surely this will result in a ban for Charlie

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:13 - Aug 20 with 2325 viewsdistortR

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 21:02 - Aug 19 by Esox_Lucius

When the team is doing so well it starts to affect those who feel the need to have a scapegoat and Charlie is just being tested out for fit with this nonsense. As soon as it looks like Kane may be getting a game it will all be heaped on him. It's the QPR fans way.

It's difficult at the moment, Dykes is the obvious target but the twot keeps scoring, Kane is out the team, Moses shows promise.

On Charlie being unfit, pre-season he looked sharp and energetic, so I'm not having it. There appears to be some bug doing the rounds of the team, a couple of players out and others playing through it, and we know C.A took a knock first game.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:55 - Aug 20 with 2233 viewsnix

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:13 - Aug 20 by distortR

It's difficult at the moment, Dykes is the obvious target but the twot keeps scoring, Kane is out the team, Moses shows promise.

On Charlie being unfit, pre-season he looked sharp and energetic, so I'm not having it. There appears to be some bug doing the rounds of the team, a couple of players out and others playing through it, and we know C.A took a knock first game.

Absolutely don't want to see any of our players scapegoated, which to me means picked on regularly as being at fault when they haven't done anything wrong while ignoring any of the good things they've done (I think Dykes falls in that category). Totally agree he was the catalyst that turned our season round. Completely think he'll score well for us this season.

But also consider it was a really stupid thing to do, especially given we were already down to ten men and hope he just cuts this out of his game.

Otherwise I bloody love the guy.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:59 - Aug 20 with 2224 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think we sometimes like to scapegoat each other more than scapegoat players.

Reading through this thread most people are just saying that they thought it was deliberate and that it was stupid and wrong. I think that's a valid viewpoint, but it's not scapegoating.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 08:37 - Aug 20 with 2147 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:59 - Aug 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Reading through this thread most people are just saying that they thought it was deliberate and that it was stupid and wrong. I think that's a valid viewpoint, but it's not scapegoating.

You would say that though hippy!
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 08:40 - Aug 20 with 2132 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 08:37 - Aug 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

You would say that though hippy!

Why I oughta....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 08:43 - Aug 20 with 2119 viewseastside_r

It’s obvious to me that Charlie loves the R’s so much that this was punishment dished out to Hall for leaving.

So he should be applauded for his loyalty to the cause.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 09:13 - Aug 20 with 2021 viewsactonman

I’m assuming rightly or wrongly that nfa will be taken now ? Not sure they will come out on a Friday afternoon and ban him while throwing all our pre match plans out the window last minute ?

Knowing the fa they will wait until after the Oxford game and dykes is out injured or something then retrospectively ban him then
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 09:21 - Aug 20 with 1990 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 09:13 - Aug 20 by actonman

I’m assuming rightly or wrongly that nfa will be taken now ? Not sure they will come out on a Friday afternoon and ban him while throwing all our pre match plans out the window last minute ?

Knowing the fa they will wait until after the Oxford game and dykes is out injured or something then retrospectively ban him then

Wouldn't be surprised if they banned him at half-time against Barnsley so we are down to ten men.
Login to get fewer ads

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 09:37 - Aug 20 with 1952 viewsdmm

For the first time in a good many years, I think the view that we should "...just get behind the team..." is the right one to take just now, and that includes Austin who I'm giving the benefit of the doubt over the head but incident.

It seems to me something a bit special is happening with this lot. To a man they've bought into Warburton's football philosophy - and he really does ask a lot of his players. There are some players I'm happier with than others but as a whole, this is a squad playing great football that befits and honours our club and its history.

There'll be the downs as well as ups, of course, but I suspect few reasons for complaints this season. Get behind the team.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:03 - Aug 20 with 1869 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:31 - Aug 20 with 1769 viewsdaveB

yeah I don't think Austin is in that category. he's got some criticism on here for his performances, weight and the clash of heads/headbutt but nothing out of the ordinary
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:38 - Aug 20 with 1745 viewsMrSheen

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 08:43 - Aug 20 by eastside_r

It’s obvious to me that Charlie loves the R’s so much that this was punishment dished out to Hall for leaving.

So he should be applauded for his loyalty to the cause.

Makes him a bit of a hypocrite though! Perhaps it’s his way of encouraging him to return?
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:46 - Aug 20 with 1683 viewsSheffieldHoop

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 19:33 - Aug 19 by strikerace

Agreed. This is a strange, and somewhat depressing, thread. Should we start one for every penalty and yellow card given in a match?

Seeing it with Clint Hill as well. QPR revisionism is rife at the moment.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:49 - Aug 20 with 1684 viewsgazza1

I would be 'shocked' if CA did not get a ban.......clear as day!!!!
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:59 - Aug 20 with 1582 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:49 - Aug 20 by gazza1

I would be 'shocked' if CA did not get a ban.......clear as day!!!!

I'm speechless - THE REF SAW IT, THEREFORE NO BAN.

That's been stated a dozen times or more since Weds night.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:01 - Aug 20 with 1566 viewsgazza1

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:59 - Aug 20 by PinnerPaul

I'm speechless - THE REF SAW IT, THEREFORE NO BAN.

That's been stated a dozen times or more since Weds night.

Wrong.......poor ref indeed.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:05 - Aug 20 with 1553 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:01 - Aug 20 by gazza1

Maybe, maybe not x 2, but doesn't alter the FACT he can't be banned as ref (poor or not) saw it.

Also doesn't alter the fact that's been posted on here countless times already, so as others have said I don't get this fascination with keep bringing up the possibility of him being banned.

Its done/over.

Just as stupid was Moses 2 fouls, but no one still banging on about those.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:09 - Aug 20 with 1532 viewsgazza1

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:05 - Aug 20 by PinnerPaul

Maybe, maybe not x 2, but doesn't alter the FACT he can't be banned as ref (poor or not) saw it.

Also doesn't alter the fact that's been posted on here countless times already, so as others have said I don't get this fascination with keep bringing up the possibility of him being banned.

Its done/over.

Just as stupid was Moses 2 fouls, but no one still banging on about those.

We are talking about ref/CA and headbutting.........CA should have been dismissed, 100%. Poor refereeing.

As an aside, penalty and 2 x fouls were correct decisions - no issues with the ref. Both players made bad decisions.....but hey 3 points!!!!
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:09 - Aug 20 with 1531 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We wanted shithousery and we got it. This is what it looks like!
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:11 - Aug 20 with 1519 viewsdmm

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:01 - Aug 20 by gazza1

Come along gazza, whether or not the ref was poor is not the point. We've had the football rules explained on numerous occasions now setting out that because of the action the ref took Austin will not get a ban.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:18 - Aug 20 with 1474 viewsgazza1

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:11 - Aug 20 by dmm

Come along gazza, whether or not the ref was poor is not the point. We've had the football rules explained on numerous occasions now setting out that because of the action the ref took Austin will not get a ban.

Impartial view.....thats how I work.

The incident deserved a sending off and even now the incident should be reviewed and retrospective ban given - correct decision/outcome. Anything else is wrong - don't care about rules.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:25 - Aug 20 with 1453 viewsted_hendrix

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:11 - Aug 20 by dmm

I believe Charlie the blasphema hasn't been stoned yet? If not why not?

Are there any Women here?

No one is to start stoning until I blow this whistle.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:31 - Aug 20 with 1423 viewsgazza1

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:25 - Aug 20 by ted_hendrix

sending off or not Ted?
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:33 - Aug 20 with 1410 viewsstainrods_elbow

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 13:52 - Aug 19 by francisbowles

We'll have to coach it out of him, as we did with Dickie last season.

If Austin still needs coaching to help him stop assaulting opposition players at the age of 32, I'd have thought we're all in trouble.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:33 - Aug 20 with 1415 viewsdmm

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 12:25 - Aug 20 by ted_hendrix

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024