Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Left wing back 09:13 - Oct 15 with 2790 viewssevenhoop

If both are fit, who would you play? I’m completely undecided!
Left wing back on 09:16 - Oct 15 with 2775 viewssaxbend

Wallace is my first choice. I like McCallum but I love Wallace.
Left wing back on 09:48 - Oct 15 with 2679 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Wallace play for us in a competitive match. McCallum only a few times. My overriding memory of the Bristol City game is McCallum bouncing around waving his arms at Seny Dieng, trying to get his attention for the ball. His keenness is infectious. Similarly in the following match v Everton I thought he really caught the eye before his injury.

If both players are fit and available I guess it has to be Wallace.

Edit - I would have seen Wallace play in 2019/20 and 2020/21 season. Seems like another lifetime!
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 10:03]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Left wing back on 09:49 - Oct 15 with 2679 viewsnix

Definitely McCallum. Wallace needs game time to get up to his best. McCallum has played relatively recently and has more pace.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 12:52]
Left wing back on 09:58 - Oct 15 with 2630 viewsA40Bosh

As my dad would say.... "the old dog for the hard road"

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Left wing back on 09:59 - Oct 15 with 2617 viewsgazza1

When both fit then I would currently select Wallace......however McCallum will start on Saturday against Fulham.
Left wing back on 10:16 - Oct 15 with 2563 viewsBklynRanger

I know the question is 'if', but do we know if they both are fit? I haven't seen an update, would love to know.

If William Wallace is properly fit and has been training then I'd put him in. If he's only just back I'd go with McCallum, only because Lee seems to need a bit of time to get properly sharp and McCallum has played to a good standard more recently.

On the same topic I'm really hoping Stefan has had a good chance to get closer to match sharpness - he'll be so up for this and hopefully his game is there to make that happen.
Left wing back on 10:58 - Oct 15 with 2476 viewsLazyFan

McCallum as Fulham have pacy players and he was getting better before being injured. also, Wallace is not as match fit compared to McCallum who has played more recent matches.

And we know from past experience dropping Wallace straight back in can mean an injury again.

McCallum with Wallace on the bench

zzzzzzzzzz

Left wing back on 12:19 - Oct 15 with 2337 viewsDavieQPR

I like Wallace but he is averaging 19 games a season. Contract up end of this season so will be an important one for him. Wouldn't be surprised if there isn't an arrangement in place for Macullam at end of season.
Login to get fewer ads

Left wing back on 14:34 - Oct 15 with 2180 viewsMyke

Assistant Manager 'doesn't know' if either will be fit.
Left wing back on 14:41 - Oct 15 with 2170 viewsquickpassrotter

When both fit and available then Wallace at Left Back and McCallum at right back. He can play either side. Prefer him over Moses, despite his lack of experience.
Left wing back on 14:45 - Oct 15 with 2165 viewsBuckR

Left wing back on 14:34 - Oct 15 by Myke

Assistant Manager 'doesn't know' if either will be fit.

Mind games I reckon
Left wing back on 15:14 - Oct 15 with 2113 viewsfrancisbowles

Left wing back on 14:41 - Oct 15 by quickpassrotter

When both fit and available then Wallace at Left Back and McCallum at right back. He can play either side. Prefer him over Moses, despite his lack of experience.

Haven't seen him at rwb but would be surprised if a left footed right wing back is going to be able to avoid cutting in most of the time
Left wing back on 15:14 - Oct 15 with 2113 viewsjohncharles

Left wing back on 14:45 - Oct 15 by BuckR

Mind games I reckon

Exactly. No reason we should let the opposition know our plans. Brian Clough, one of the all time greats, never let on what he was planning. He was known to tell porkies about the state of his players 😄

Strong and stable my arse.

Left wing back on 16:23 - Oct 15 with 2036 viewsLazyFan

Left wing back on 12:19 - Oct 15 by DavieQPR

I like Wallace but he is averaging 19 games a season. Contract up end of this season so will be an important one for him. Wouldn't be surprised if there isn't an arrangement in place for Macullam at end of season.

This should be Wallace's last season, he's still got the quality when fit, but his body cannot sustain it. MLS is where he should be on phat contract as he deserves it.

McCallum cost Norwich £3m plus and is not even 22 yet. And from what I have seen so far, he's worth it, bearing in mind he will still develop. In my biased view, LB's don't usually reach their peak until 26. So, he's got way more to go. No chance Norwich sell him to us for £3m even if we had that money to spend which we don't (unless we sell Chair to Newcastle for £20m).

Therefore at the end of this season, we need to bring in 2 LB's, to be fair the club did try and bring one in during the summer. If they can get one in during the Jan window that would be great to bed them in for next season. Especially as Wallace could get injured again.

Add to that possibly a Winger to replace Uncle and a forward if we can get a gem (as Gray has yet to prove and Bonne is still developing) and with the 2 LB's that's only 4 players we NEED for next season. Which would be amazingly low compared to the churn we have had over the last 5+ years.

Really our recruitment has been an exemplar in the world at the moment.
They have done an amazingly great job.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 16:25]

zzzzzzzzzz

Left wing back on 18:17 - Oct 15 with 1930 viewsdmm

Left wing back on 16:23 - Oct 15 by LazyFan

This should be Wallace's last season, he's still got the quality when fit, but his body cannot sustain it. MLS is where he should be on phat contract as he deserves it.

McCallum cost Norwich £3m plus and is not even 22 yet. And from what I have seen so far, he's worth it, bearing in mind he will still develop. In my biased view, LB's don't usually reach their peak until 26. So, he's got way more to go. No chance Norwich sell him to us for £3m even if we had that money to spend which we don't (unless we sell Chair to Newcastle for £20m).

Therefore at the end of this season, we need to bring in 2 LB's, to be fair the club did try and bring one in during the summer. If they can get one in during the Jan window that would be great to bed them in for next season. Especially as Wallace could get injured again.

Add to that possibly a Winger to replace Uncle and a forward if we can get a gem (as Gray has yet to prove and Bonne is still developing) and with the 2 LB's that's only 4 players we NEED for next season. Which would be amazingly low compared to the churn we have had over the last 5+ years.

Really our recruitment has been an exemplar in the world at the moment.
They have done an amazingly great job.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 16:25]

I think it's more than likely we'll sign more than the 4 players you've suggested.

If we stay in the Championship I'd expect a couple of best players will want to move on, and that's the tune the club is whistling now.

If we gain promotion, I think we'll want to strengthen both FB positions plus one or two others.
Left wing back on 12:03 - Oct 16 with 1696 viewsLazyFan

Left wing back on 18:17 - Oct 15 by dmm

I think it's more than likely we'll sign more than the 4 players you've suggested.

If we stay in the Championship I'd expect a couple of best players will want to move on, and that's the tune the club is whistling now.

If we gain promotion, I think we'll want to strengthen both FB positions plus one or two others.

Yes, you have point if we sell we shall have to replace and this will most likely happen.

If we gain a promotion I think we shall have to sign a whole new team, but this time we shall be smart and do it cheaply. As in good players from the Champ like Swift of Reading and so on.

If we are really smart, when you get promoted you buy the players from the relegated clubs that had a good season and were just unlucky to be in a relegated team. This strengthens your squad overall and you can sometimes get them cheap as they want to keep playing in the prem and they are prem class.

But all fantasy, for now, we need to concentrate on keeping a clean sheet.

zzzzzzzzzz

Left wing back on 12:22 - Oct 16 with 1672 viewsfrancisbowles

Left wing back on 12:03 - Oct 16 by LazyFan

Yes, you have point if we sell we shall have to replace and this will most likely happen.

If we gain a promotion I think we shall have to sign a whole new team, but this time we shall be smart and do it cheaply. As in good players from the Champ like Swift of Reading and so on.

If we are really smart, when you get promoted you buy the players from the relegated clubs that had a good season and were just unlucky to be in a relegated team. This strengthens your squad overall and you can sometimes get them cheap as they want to keep playing in the prem and they are prem class.

But all fantasy, for now, we need to concentrate on keeping a clean sheet.

Other side of that is they have a failure hanging over them. Haven't we tried that with the likes of Leroy Ferr etc
Left wing back on 12:32 - Oct 16 with 1653 viewsHooparoo

I like Wallace and he’s obviously very experienced but Sam Mac is younger, fitter and quicker
So he should be first in line for me.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Left wing back on 16:57 - Oct 16 with 1561 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm more worried about right wing-back to be honest. I'm still unconvinced by Odubajo. He offers little protection defensively and little threat going forward.
Left wing back on 17:43 - Oct 16 with 1510 viewsWestonsuperR

Has to be Wallace, has been excellent when he has played and is our player as opposed to a loan.
Left wing back on 17:45 - Oct 16 with 1507 viewsWestonsuperR

Left wing back on 16:57 - Oct 16 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm more worried about right wing-back to be honest. I'm still unconvinced by Odubajo. He offers little protection defensively and little threat going forward.

Agreed, the fanbase seemed to get completely carried away with his goal vs Man U, I’ve not seen anything to convince me he is the player we need.
Left wing back on 17:56 - Oct 16 with 1482 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Left wing back on 17:45 - Oct 16 by WestonsuperR

Agreed, the fanbase seemed to get completely carried away with his goal vs Man U, I’ve not seen anything to convince me he is the player we need.

What we failed to note that day was that he cut inside in order to take a shot rather than get to the bye-line. He's since cut in 3,869 times to little or no effect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024