Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Seaon's Championship 08:56 - Dec 1 with 4868 viewsBAWHoops

Looks like newcastle will be coming down for their semi regular jaunt where they will hoover up anyone remotely talented and subvert the transfer market.
Hopefully we can massively overcharge them for a few players

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next Seaon's Championship on 09:03 - Dec 1 with 3896 viewsLythamR

Its starting to look like they may have splashed out for the lesser of the 2 Willocks (I know there are 3)

Cant wait for the trudge up the stairs in the away end next season
Next Seaon's Championship on 09:21 - Dec 1 with 3826 viewsstowmarketrange

Next Seaon's Championship on 09:03 - Dec 1 by LythamR

Its starting to look like they may have splashed out for the lesser of the 2 Willocks (I know there are 3)

You can get the lift if you look old and decrepit,so that’s me sorted then.
Next Seaon's Championship on 09:31 - Dec 1 with 3801 viewsMaggsinho

I think Newcastle will still get out of it, they'll splash the cash and bring in a number of players which should give them enough. Remember they don't need to go on a huge winning run - they just need to win two more games than Burnley, Norwich and Watford.
Next Seaon's Championship on 09:33 - Dec 1 with 3795 viewsloftboy

We won’t be playing them if they come down!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Next Seaon's Championship on 09:40 - Dec 1 with 3764 viewsLazyFan

Next Seaon's Championship on 09:31 - Dec 1 by Maggsinho

I think Newcastle will still get out of it, they'll splash the cash and bring in a number of players which should give them enough. Remember they don't need to go on a huge winning run - they just need to win two more games than Burnley, Norwich and Watford.

I agree, this is what I am expecting.

Players know who the owners are, they know where the cash cow is. Money talks for plenty of players.

Also, they can say to players, even if we go down it will only be one season and then straight back again with the team even further improved. One year in the Champ banging in goals like Mito all day long, easy money. Lots of TV coverage too for players as in the Champ it will be Newcastle every game for sure on TV.
Scores of Newcastle 8-0 Hull and so on. TV will love that.

They will easily get the players in when they throw money around, we proved that before, the problem is we bought all the dross as Kia was involved!

zzzzzzzzzz

Next Seaon's Championship on 09:46 - Dec 1 with 3738 viewsslmrstid

Next Seaon's Championship on 09:40 - Dec 1 by LazyFan

I agree, this is what I am expecting.

Players know who the owners are, they know where the cash cow is. Money talks for plenty of players.

Also, they can say to players, even if we go down it will only be one season and then straight back again with the team even further improved. One year in the Champ banging in goals like Mito all day long, easy money. Lots of TV coverage too for players as in the Champ it will be Newcastle every game for sure on TV.
Scores of Newcastle 8-0 Hull and so on. TV will love that.

They will easily get the players in when they throw money around, we proved that before, the problem is we bought all the dross as Kia was involved!

"They will easily get the players in when they throw money around, we proved that before, the problem is we bought all the dross as Kia was involved!"

For this exact reason I think the whole Newcastle thing will go tits up. They'll end up getting all the wrong sorts of characters going for the wrong sort of reasons and it'll end up a huge mess.

Far more likely than them going on to glory, or coming down to this league and smashing everyone to pieces, in my view.
Next Seaon's Championship on 09:55 - Dec 1 with 3719 viewsEastR

Agree Newcastle are more likely than not to be relegated. The problem they have in the January window is that they're not just short of three or fours players they need a massive overhaul. They don't have enough time to simply throw money at it, recruiting basically a new squad, to have enough impact and get the results they need before the end of the season.

I reckon the owners have already priced a relegation into their plans, they'll recruit accordingly, and then romp through the Championship next season.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Next Seaon's Championship on 10:09 - Dec 1 with 3676 viewsGaxZE

Partially hoping they splash serious wedge this January, like we did and go down anyways.

I then hope they struggle to get promoted.

They need a dose of reality and to experience maybe what Forest, Leeds, Sheff Wednesday have all endured in last 20 years. If Watford and Norwich came down with them I don't think they'd be a cert for autos. We know from experience Norwich have that locked up and Watford can do anything most seasons. That said Newcastle have barely broken sweat when coming down.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Seaon's Championship on 10:11 - Dec 1 with 3665 viewsLazyFan

Next Seaon's Championship on 09:46 - Dec 1 by slmrstid

"They will easily get the players in when they throw money around, we proved that before, the problem is we bought all the dross as Kia was involved!"

For this exact reason I think the whole Newcastle thing will go tits up. They'll end up getting all the wrong sorts of characters going for the wrong sort of reasons and it'll end up a huge mess.

Far more likely than them going on to glory, or coming down to this league and smashing everyone to pieces, in my view.

They can also get expensive loans in.

Chelscum like money and also if Newcastle can use their Chelscum loan players to stop other teams winning the Prem, then this is the Chelscum way.

zzzzzzzzzz

Next Seaon's Championship on 11:12 - Dec 1 with 3596 viewsnix

Next Seaon's Championship on 10:11 - Dec 1 by LazyFan

They can also get expensive loans in.

Chelscum like money and also if Newcastle can use their Chelscum loan players to stop other teams winning the Prem, then this is the Chelscum way.

Yes. This is what I hate about the loans for cash system (as opposed to loaning out players to give them experience or because it hasn't worked out for them). It gives a disproportionate advantage to the loaning club. So if your best player can't play against Chelscum as their parent club, but can play against everyone else in the Premier, they have a distinct advantage.

As for the OP, I agree I'd rather they didn't come down as they'd walk the league again (memories of them scoring six against us at KPFS). I hope they're not thinking of reuniting the brothers in January.
Next Seaon's Championship on 11:57 - Dec 1 with 3501 viewsSimplyNico

Next Seaon's Championship on 10:09 - Dec 1 by GaxZE

Partially hoping they splash serious wedge this January, like we did and go down anyways.

I then hope they struggle to get promoted.

They need a dose of reality and to experience maybe what Forest, Leeds, Sheff Wednesday have all endured in last 20 years. If Watford and Norwich came down with them I don't think they'd be a cert for autos. We know from experience Norwich have that locked up and Watford can do anything most seasons. That said Newcastle have barely broken sweat when coming down.

"Partially hoping they splash serious wedge this January, like we did and go down anyways."

The problem they will have is getting anyone good who is prepared to commit and take a relegation clause. The further problem is the PSR if they sign players without a relegation clause and then get caught in the most competitive league in Europe without getting out.

Delicious.
Next Seaon's Championship on 11:58 - Dec 1 with 3498 viewsTomS

You can't avoid relegation if your team is still waiting for its first win in December.

The new owner is about to learn a lot about the risks involved in buying a football club. But I don't think he's overly concerned about money, this investment has been viewed by many as a PR exercise for the Saudi regime to "win hearts and minds".
Next Seaon's Championship on 12:35 - Dec 1 with 3392 viewsngbqpr

Next Seaon's Championship on 09:46 - Dec 1 by slmrstid

Not necessarily.

Not sure of the exact dates, but weren't City still a bit crap / near the bottom when the likes of Kompany joined? Obviously went for the money, but equally the right sort.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Next Seaon's Championship on 12:44 - Dec 1 with 3360 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am reliably informed that there are actually 4 Willocks but the non playing one has the best looking girlfriend.
Next Seaon's Championship on 12:49 - Dec 1 with 3337 viewsdaveB

Next Seaon's Championship on 12:35 - Dec 1 by ngbqpr

Not necessarily.

Not sure of the exact dates, but weren't City still a bit crap / near the bottom when the likes of Kompany joined? Obviously went for the money, but equally the right sort.

they were crap at the start but did finish mid table and then got better every year after that., Newcastle look an absolute mess but have been playing better since Howe came in so they still have an outside chance
Next Seaon's Championship on 12:51 - Dec 1 with 3328 viewsthemodfather

norwich will again be strong at this level.
last time fulham spent £120m to come straight back down, the money to settle and compete at prem level is huge , a massive gulf . .
Next Seaon's Championship on 12:53 - Dec 1 with 3319 viewsJuzzie

Just how much cash can Newcastle splash?

People keep calling them the richest club in the world but they're not, they just have rich owners. If the Sultan of Brunei bought my house, my house wouldn't suddenly be worth £millions, it would still be the same market value as the houses around me.

I would have thought Newcastle have to spend within the clubs income/means, is that not the point of FFP?
Next Seaon's Championship on 13:14 - Dec 1 with 3220 viewsdsw2509

The previous regime spent so little that I believe their headroom now with FFP is over £200m.
Next Seaon's Championship on 17:57 - Dec 1 with 2990 viewsrrrspricey

Next Seaon's Championship on 13:14 - Dec 1 by dsw2509

The previous regime spent so little that I believe their headroom now with FFP is over £200m.

The Prem's FFP rules means clubs can lose a maximum of £105m over a rolling three-year period. I'm not sure clubs can gain credit for future periods by being under that limit.

It's also going to be difficult to attract decent players in Jan with the rooted to the bottom of the league with no big name manager of the bright lights of London to help attract the talent they need to get them out of this relegation battle.

I for one hope they go down, it sickened me watching them celebrate being taken over by the PIF. If that was me i'd not be attending any more games
Next Seaon's Championship on 18:03 - Dec 1 with 2979 viewsLythamR

I think their squad is good enough to stay up with only a few additions, when you compare their players with the other teams at the bottom i think they look ok. they need organisation and confidence more than new players to survive,
Next Seaon's Championship on 19:12 - Dec 1 with 2866 viewsswitchingcode

Newcastle
Burnley
Norwich
Watford
Southampton
Brentford

All in the relegation mix
Next Seaon's Championship on 20:33 - Dec 1 with 2773 viewsRangersw12

Next Seaon's Championship on 19:12 - Dec 1 by switchingcode

Newcastle
Burnley
Norwich
Watford
Southampton
Brentford

All in the relegation mix

And Leeds
Next Seaon's Championship on 22:30 - Dec 1 with 2610 viewsdavman

Next Seaon's Championship on 09:31 - Dec 1 by Maggsinho

This is the popular view, but I think that they'll be cut adrift at Xmas and that usually means one thing. They won't attract many players in January and there is always the chance that their supermarket sweep will go the way of QPR's rather than the way Scum or Man City's did.

Then they'll have the challenge of buying in troops to win the Championship next season and it won't be the top, top players they'll be expecting. Then if they buy to get out of the Championship and eventually go up, they'll have to offload that lot and buy a team capable of staying up in the Prem.

I wonder how much patience the owners will have before their pet project becomes competitive.

They'll make an even bigger mockery of the P&S rules than Derby have done...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Next Seaon's Championship on 01:02 - Dec 2 with 2526 viewsDavieQPR

If they do get relegated any player they sign will be replaced if they get promoted. So the only players that will go there will be mercenaries.
Next Seaon's Championship on 05:40 - Dec 2 with 2465 viewsnix

Next Seaon's Championship on 12:44 - Dec 1 by CroydonCaptJack

I am reliably informed that there are actually 4 Willocks but the non playing one has the best looking girlfriend.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/joe-willock-my-own-words-1

According to this, written by Joe but all about the family, there are three brothers and one sister.

It's worth reading because it's a lovely tribute to fathers and what they mean to their sons (I'd love to hear an interview from Mr Willock senior). It makes sense why they're all such lovely lads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024