Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread 07:16 - Dec 5 with 25193 viewsnix

Yeah, cos it's tradition, I'm continuing the matchday thread, but with no small measure of trepidation, despite my natural happy clappiness.

I'd feel a bit more confident without our increasing injury list. We're a plastic icebag on Charlie's knee from having to potentially recall a 19 year old from Torquay to join the match day squad as reserve striker. We're going through wingbacks at a careless rate.

And yet this squad (who are so lovely and are so brilliantly the right sort their wives are getting together to raise money for sick children plus our Tiger Cubs, (please donate here and support them if you can https://trustdraw.qpr.co.uk/))just deserve a bit more luck and to continue where they started the weekend fixtures in third. I'm going for a 2-1 win to the Rs, with Willock 🔥 and Chair sharing the spoils.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Dec 5 with 2054 viewsMatch82

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:09 - Dec 5 by qprd

Agreed. This is nit picky I agree but I think it’s unprofessional and embarrassing

Throw some random kid there to get some experience of being around the first team …you never know who you might need in a specific match…

Gotta be something about a couple failing last minute fitness tests surely?
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Dec 5 with 2035 viewsTGRRRSSS

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:19 - Dec 5 by QPRSteve

You are a good minute ahead of my stream

ooops sorry
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:25 - Dec 5 with 2022 viewsMyke

Groundhog day for the 1st half Punished by a loose pass and wide open down the middle. I do worry that both Dickie and Dunne would make almost an identical error 6 days later. Did they not watch the video ⁰
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:25 - Dec 5 with 1961 viewsBklynRanger

This team needs a good kick up the bollocks after that half. Far too many individual battles being lost, too slow to close down, all of that simple stuff needs to improve.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Dec 5 with 1993 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with the consensus that the wing-backs aren't functioning today. Maybe go 4 at the back with Barbet and Kakay the fulls, Field to anchor with Dozzell, and push JoJo further forward.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Dec 5 with 1958 viewsBoston

Nice round of applause for Terry Fenwick.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Dec 5 with 1958 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Dec 5 by aston_hoop

The 6 subs thing, isnt it because players are in different groups or something like that? Same as in the Oxford cup game, we cant just move players in and out on a whim. Presumably we came into this sure that one of Dykes, Albert, Moses would be fit.

Quite possibly. I'm sure there's a reason for it. It's not like Redknapp is back.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Dec 5 with 1933 viewsStainrod

Agree - shit or bust
Login to get fewer ads

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Dec 5 with 1921 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:19 - Dec 5 by distortR

no, I can't see the point of playing the wingback system when you haven't got wingbacks.
Stoke playing us well, and the ref helping them.

Indeed. Injuries are part and parcel of the game. When your team is hit by injuries it's important to select a formation that suits the players left at your disposal. MW is extremely faithful to the wing-back system come what may. As with the Barnsley game, the team is struggling on the flanks, both from a defensive and attacking perspective.

In keeping with quite a few matches of late, I'm hopeful we'll see an improvement in intensity and incision from QPR in the second half.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 15:31]
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:30 - Dec 5 with 1879 viewsdistortR

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Dec 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Quite possibly. I'm sure there's a reason for it. It's not like Redknapp is back.

I dunno if it's a good move to put in a kid who you have no intention of playing? Managing expectations etc.
There is soooo much room around our box when they are attacking.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:31 - Dec 5 with 1842 viewsed_83

Disappointing first half: we’ve been too sloppy in possession, too slow in attack and too disorganised at the back; Stoke have had less of the ball but are well-organised and look sharper al over the pitch. We haven’t been terrible - if Chair’s header goes in then we’d be in a very different place at HT - but the difference between games when we do and don’t dictate the tempo is very striking. Would take a draw at this point, and think that’s achievable, but we need to sharpen up a lot. Hoping to see Willock impose himself more sin particular.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:31 - Dec 5 with 1837 viewsqprd

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Dec 5 by BrianMcCarthy

If our squad is so thin that we can’t field a full allotment of subs, we’re going to have issues in afcon when we lose kakay chair seny
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Dec 5 with 1794 viewsqprd

He’s been disappointing for qpr to date but I think Thomas could be handy today as a RWB
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:33 - Dec 5 with 1781 viewsQPRSteve

could be a plan. I'd like to see them try 4-3-3
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Dec 5 with 1729 viewsMalintabuk

Just flicked through the thread and agree with quite a bit..... highlight of the half was the clapping on 6 mins.... even the players joined in
Not often say this but we are lucky to only be one down. We have huffed a puffed but apart from the Chair header in the opening few minutes we have never looked threatening.
Here at the ground I thought they scored a good deal and the Fletcher shot that hit the post was a lovely move as well....impressed with Stoke and Campbell is all over us
Feel for Field playing out of position and we do look disjointed and look pretty ordinary
Think Gray will be on sooner than later today and to be honest he is about it as far as attacking options
This is not looking very good at the moment
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:39 - Dec 5 with 1626 viewsthemodfather

ref letting lots go, dieng made top saves, we hit a post and they broke! damn! take your chance r's....
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Dec 5 with 1610 viewsqprd

Delivery from wide has been so poor
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Dec 5 with 1562 viewsCamberleyR

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Dec 5 by aston_hoop

The 6 subs thing, isnt it because players are in different groups or something like that? Same as in the Oxford cup game, we cant just move players in and out on a whim. Presumably we came into this sure that one of Dykes, Albert, Moses would be fit.

Yes, I'm sure it's because the first team, B team/U23s etc are in separate Covid bubbles and can't just be brought in on a whim.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Dec 5 with 1289 viewsCamberleyR

Penalty to us

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Dec 5 with 1282 viewsToast_R

Penalty!
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Dec 5 with 1275 viewslarsricchi

PEN
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Dec 5 with 1272 viewsdublinr

Eight minutes since the last post. Is it really that bad?

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:50 - Dec 5 with 1271 viewsCamberleyR

Vrancic all over Barbet

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:50 - Dec 5 with 1257 viewsBoston

penalty

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:50 - Dec 5 with 1249 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Jesus wept
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024