Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Field 17:37 - Jan 15 with 6165 viewsDWQPR

Now that was definitely the Sam Field that we thought we had bought. Absolutely monstered the midfield and in the second half allowed Johanson to get further forward. Great second half performance in the second half by the team and apart from that ball across the goal in the second half I cannot remember West Brom getting close to our goal.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sam Field on 17:42 - Jan 15 with 3837 viewsCamberleyR

I'll await gazza1's praise of him. I shan't hold my breath...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sam Field on 17:52 - Jan 15 with 3699 viewsstainrods_elbow

In the second half, he and we really got a grip, but for too much of the first they played through us with ease. Qualified praise, therefore - he needs to show us he can do it game in, game out, if we're to stay serious contenders.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Sam Field on 17:56 - Jan 15 with 3668 viewsBlackCrowe

Agree with OP, he was excellent throughout.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Sam Field on 18:02 - Jan 15 with 3575 viewsdmm

I agree too. The lad is going to be a very, very good player for us.
Sam Field on 18:17 - Jan 15 with 3429 viewsTripleR

Agree with the op. That was his best game for us so far.
He linked up really well with Dunne.
Sam Field on 18:22 - Jan 15 with 3373 viewshantssi

And against his old club no less!
Sam Field on 18:33 - Jan 15 with 3282 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Considering that he's only just recently returned from a long term injury, he's getting up-to-speed very nicely. His partnership with Stefan could be critical in the run in.
Sam Field on 18:41 - Jan 15 with 3214 viewsNorthLondonR

Jimmy Dunne is the best defender outside the premier League... Discuss...
Login to get fewer ads

Sam Field on 18:58 - Jan 15 with 3090 viewsLanhoop

Sam Field on 18:41 - Jan 15 by NorthLondonR

Jimmy Dunne is the best defender outside the premier League... Discuss...

No need to discuss. You speak the truth.
Sam Field on 19:00 - Jan 15 with 3075 viewsStreathamRanger

I thought Field was decent today but when Johansen plays well QPR play well, there's no denying that. His closing down in the second half was immense.
Sam Field on 19:02 - Jan 15 with 3050 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dunne is one of the best signings this club has made in many, many years. We now have the monster CB we’ve needed since the other Dunne. He’ll play Prem football, no doubt about it. Has it all.
But Barbet motm for me, absolutely superb, and Jojo second half - his pressing, his 20-30-40 yard sprints were awesome in the true sense of the word.
Thought Sam Field was really good throughout. Allows Steg to play further up, and he’s good in B the air too. Mad they didn’t want him.

Bare bones.

Sam Field on 19:30 - Jan 15 with 2894 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought that Field and Molumby were both decent in that area in the first half, though both gave away two particularly bad passes. But they were far better than the slipshod JoJo and the entirely woeful Livermore. Brom played narrower than us when they were out of possession, though, so we were swamped. All the more impressive that Field had a decent first half.

In the second half, we pushed our back line up, and pushed JoJo up as well. Field looked comfortable holding the keys to the shop on his own.

I thought at 2pm that his height at set-pieces might have given him the edge for today over Amos and Dozzell, but he justified himself in open play too.

Not long back from injury, 90 minutes in a crucial game. I thought he was one of our more important players.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sam Field on 20:05 - Jan 15 with 2696 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dunne, Field & Barbet all worthy of effusive praise but today, Lee Wallace needs to be included with those three too.

The grass is always greener.

Sam Field on 20:15 - Jan 15 with 2631 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought he played well. I remember reading a comment somewhere from one of their fans when we signed him, saying he wasn't sure why they released him.

Watching them play today I was thinking the same thing.

Hopefully he can stay fit for the rest of the season.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Sam Field on 22:20 - Jan 15 with 2266 viewsBurnleyhoop

Sam Field on 17:52 - Jan 15 by stainrods_elbow

In the second half, he and we really got a grip, but for too much of the first they played through us with ease. Qualified praise, therefore - he needs to show us he can do it game in, game out, if we're to stay serious contenders.

He’s only just returned from a nasty, lengthy injury. Once he gets his match fitness, 6 or 7 games, there will be plenty more to come. He complements JoJo perfectly and is just the type of player we have been missing in the middle of the park.

Once we get to February we should have a full squad to pick from. The timing couldn’t be better.
Sam Field on 22:21 - Jan 15 with 2256 viewsWatfordR

gazza is just preparing his eulogy...
Sam Field on 22:23 - Jan 15 with 2230 viewsgazza1

Field done OK, not sure why so many are going overboard....
Sam Field on 22:26 - Jan 15 with 2202 viewsWatfordR

Sam Field on 22:23 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Field done OK, not sure why so many are going overboard....

Field had a great game, not sure why only one seems to think otherwise
Sam Field on 22:31 - Jan 15 with 2161 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 22:26 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

Field had a great game, not sure why only one seems to think otherwise

|Please explain what was 'great' about it
Sam Field on 22:33 - Jan 15 with 2155 viewsWatfordR

Sam Field on 22:31 - Jan 15 by gazza1

|Please explain what was 'great' about it

You started, please explain what was OK about it first.
Sam Field on 22:36 - Jan 15 with 2127 viewsStreathamRanger

I went with a mate who supports Liverpool. He thought the game passed Field by a bit in the first half but he improved in the second. Johansen also had an iffy first half but was much improved in the second. My mate had Willock as MOM. Was very impressed by him.
Sam Field on 22:37 - Jan 15 with 2118 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 22:33 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

You started, please explain what was OK about it first.

He done his bit in midfield, broke a few attacks up, tackled a few times, gave the ball away, got caught out a few times being out of position.

'Great' as you so put it is what Barbet done during the game and also Dunne.....it certainly was not Field, but hey, your expectations are very low obviously.

I suppose you thought the Dykes was 'great' today as well!!!!!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 22:39]
Sam Field on 22:38 - Jan 15 with 2107 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 22:36 - Jan 15 by StreathamRanger

I went with a mate who supports Liverpool. He thought the game passed Field by a bit in the first half but he improved in the second. Johansen also had an iffy first half but was much improved in the second. My mate had Willock as MOM. Was very impressed by him.

I agree with you 'chat' with regards to Field.....sadly Watford would not see that!!!!
Sam Field on 22:39 - Jan 15 with 2078 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 17:42 - Jan 15 by CamberleyR

I'll await gazza1's praise of him. I shan't hold my breath...

See below Camberly......
Sam Field on 22:41 - Jan 15 with 2058 viewsStreathamRanger

I think his performance is somewhere between Gazza and Watford's point of view. Not sensational but encouraging and enough to suggest he could be a very important player. I'm pleased for him to get a result against his old club. Like pretty much all our players he seems a good lad. Never seen him moan, works hard etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024