Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meatloaf 08:07 - Jan 21 with 3946 viewsstowmarketrange

Sad to hear that meatloaf has died.Although I wasn’t a fan of his,he made some good records,especially Bat out of hell.
RIP meatloaf.
Meatloaf on 08:09 - Jan 21 with 2867 viewsflynnbo

74 years old. RIP.
Meatloaf on 08:14 - Jan 21 with 2845 viewsNorthernr

That's a shitter. Inappropriate soundtrack to my inappropriate childhood. RIP.
Meatloaf on 08:15 - Jan 21 with 2833 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I only realized when I was about 21 that 'Bat out of Hell' (full version)is much better than the radio version I'd heard prior to that.

I'm not a fan either but he had a few good tunes.

RIP

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Meatloaf on 08:35 - Jan 21 with 2747 viewsRangersDave

Awwwww thats it, i'm going vegetarian!

sadly i never got to see him live. R.I.P. !

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Meatloaf on 08:42 - Jan 21 with 2707 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Ah, bless him, RIP. I certainly wasnt a fan, but he always seemed a decent, down to earth bloke in interviews. Nice cameo in Fight Club, too!
Meatloaf on 08:46 - Jan 21 with 2687 viewsGaryT

Ah crap. Didn't follow his personal life so no idea what kind of bloke he was but loved the album Bat out of Hell. I appreciate he didn't write the songs but what a voice, he will be missed. RIP
Meatloaf on 08:55 - Jan 21 with 2666 viewsDWQPR

Meatloaf and Jim Steinman were up there with Elton John and Bernie Taupin as a singing and songwriting team. Bat out of Hell was an LP that was forever in the top 40 albums chart throughout my senior school years when I used to check every Thursday morning in the NME on my way by tube to Ealing Green. Released some stunning tracks and an interview with him talking about Steve Martin who Meatloaf asked to listen to a new track at the time I’d do Anything For Love (But I won’t Do That) is really worth listening to if it can be found.

RIP Meat. Another soundtrack of my youth extinguished.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Meatloaf on 08:58 - Jan 21 with 2659 viewsTomS

Meatloaf on 08:42 - Jan 21 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

Ah, bless him, RIP. I certainly wasnt a fan, but he always seemed a decent, down to earth bloke in interviews. Nice cameo in Fight Club, too!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

He was always on BBC kids programmes during my youth, eg Swap Shop etc, and his songs were iconic. His music was an easy entry point to harder rock.

I didn't expect to wake up to this. As he predicted "Like a bat outa hell, I'll be gone when the morning comes".

RIP, and thanks for the music.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 9:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Meatloaf on 09:15 - Jan 21 with 2614 viewsEastR

Meatloaf on 08:55 - Jan 21 by DWQPR

Meatloaf and Jim Steinman were up there with Elton John and Bernie Taupin as a singing and songwriting team. Bat out of Hell was an LP that was forever in the top 40 albums chart throughout my senior school years when I used to check every Thursday morning in the NME on my way by tube to Ealing Green. Released some stunning tracks and an interview with him talking about Steve Martin who Meatloaf asked to listen to a new track at the time I’d do Anything For Love (But I won’t Do That) is really worth listening to if it can be found.

RIP Meat. Another soundtrack of my youth extinguished.

Reunited with Mr Steinman, died within 9 months of each other

I saw a documentary about him on Sky Arts recently, great story and came across as a really nice bloke

His real name was Marvin

RIP

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Meatloaf on 09:18 - Jan 21 with 2602 viewsblacky200

Gutted to hear this. Was a big fan and saw him many times live. His shows were always spectacular and all the ones I went to lasted more than 2.5 hours. Amazing to see a guy of that size put in the energy that he did for that length of time. He really seemed to love performing live and always included the audience. A truly great performer and singer and will be greatly missed. RIP
Meatloaf on 09:37 - Jan 21 with 2552 viewsSilverfoxqpr

I took my mum to see him at Hammersmith Odeon circa '86 or'87 I think. Had no interest whatsoever and was dreading it but of course was absolutely brilliant! RIP mate.
Meatloaf on 09:55 - Jan 21 with 2505 viewsJuzzie

Met him once about 20 years ago. he was being shown around the company building by the MD. I was in the kitchen just down the way from our office and they were both in there.

"The Production and Press departments are down this way" said the MD to him.

"oh, Production. You don't want to worry about them" (or very similar) Meatloaf replied.

"Hello" I said, "My name is Juzzie [I didn't actually say Juzzie] and I'm the Head of Production" and held my hand out.

There was a moments pause and a rabbit-in-the-headlight look from him. He shook my hand and burst out laughing. He did a bit of back-tracking but we both found it funny so I was OK about it (I'm used to Production being the runt of the company even though we get other depts. out of the schit about 99% of the time).

RIP Meat. Gone but not forgotten.
Meatloaf on 10:02 - Jan 21 with 2485 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I really detested his music when I was a kid. It was comically overblown nonsense to my soul-and-indie ears. Listened to it again when I was in my twenties or thirties and - while it still wasn't my bag - the talent was serious and unquestionable.

RIP.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Meatloaf on 10:06 - Jan 21 with 2450 viewsEsox_Lucius

I saw him at Wembley every year when he toured over here and you knew you were going to get full value for your money. The energy levels were phenomenal and he always gave 100% performances. I also got to hear Patti Russo, Ellen Foley and Karla DiVito and there is no doubt that they contributed hugely to the experience. Paradise By The Dashboard Lights remains the only song I have ever sung at karaoke and could probably stumble my way through 80-90% of it now with a lyrics sheet. Definitely one of the best acts I have ever seen live and I'll be shedding a tear when it sinks in. RIP Mr Aday.

The grass is always greener.

Meatloaf on 10:09 - Jan 21 with 2443 viewssprocket

Not a fan. Never liked that genre of music. Talented for sure. RIP
Meatloaf on 10:18 - Jan 21 with 2393 viewsLazyFan

Didn't he get ripped off on Bat Out Of Hell. Sold gazillions, yet he got nothing.

Must due to the "streaming will hurt the artists" argument I keep hearing about.

zzzzzzzzzz

Meatloaf on 10:22 - Jan 21 with 2379 viewsWirralHoop

Went to Classic Rock gig only last Friday.
Bat Out of Hell was towards the end of the set, was awesome
Meatloaf on 10:30 - Jan 21 with 2366 viewsLythamR

R.I.P Meatloaf

fantastic voice, great stage show, left it all out there on the stage

I was 15 when Bat out of Hell was released, The man taught me everything I needed to know at the time about Baseball
Meatloaf on 10:37 - Jan 21 with 2341 viewsqpr1976

Meatloaf on 10:18 - Jan 21 by LazyFan

Didn't he get ripped off on Bat Out Of Hell. Sold gazillions, yet he got nothing.

Must due to the "streaming will hurt the artists" argument I keep hearing about.

No royalties for years, but did eventually get rewarded, according to BBC page on his passing today.

Love it or loath it, Bat out of Hell is a classic album, 43 million sales don’t lie.
Not entirely my cup of cha, but well worth a listen, as is Dead Ringer for Love with Cher.

And his infamous Meatloaf knickers. On the front they read ‘I would do anything for love’, on the back…. ‘But I won’t do that !’

RiP
Meatloaf on 11:33 - Jan 21 with 2254 viewsNorthantsHoop

RIP Meat Loaf, some memorable songs, personal favourite is "You took the words right out of my mouth".
Meatloaf on 13:51 - Jan 21 with 2065 viewshantssi

So sad, love his music, saw him at Wembley late 70’s early 80’s, brilliant show, never seen a bloke sweat so much on stage.
RIP
Meatloaf on 14:03 - Jan 21 with 2037 viewsEsox_Lucius

Meatloaf on 11:33 - Jan 21 by NorthantsHoop

RIP Meat Loaf, some memorable songs, personal favourite is "You took the words right out of my mouth".

Was there ever a more pretentious opening to a song? or a better one?
[Spoken:]
[Boy:] On a hot summer night
Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
[Girl:] Will he offer me his mouth?
[Boy:] Yes
[Girl:] Will he offer me his teeth?
[Girl:] Will he offer me his jaws?
[Girl:] Will he offer me his hunger?
[Girl:] Again, will he offer me his hunger?
[Girl:]And will he starve without me?
[Girl:] And does he love me?
[Girl:] Yes
[Boy:] On a hot summer night
Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
[Girl:] Yes
[Boy:] I bet you say that to all the boys

The grass is always greener.

Meatloaf on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 1973 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Sad news to wake up to but a nice thread on here always helps to ease the shock a bit.
Loved his music before I left the Motherland and when technology finally reached me 2021 (my daughter bought me a bluetooth speaker and set up a play list on my phone ) Bat Out Of Hell was on it.
Working with the boss and his son who never heard of Meatloaf but loved that song like it was from another life and of course it was 1980s
RIP big man hopefully reunited with Jim Steinman

Now saying he died of Covid but he had health issues for decades it sounds like .Sad
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 15:32]
Meatloaf on 16:11 - Jan 21 with 1878 viewsLythamR

I saw him late 70's at Hammersmith. Fantastic
I saw him at Donington Park in 83 he was Epic

a couple of years later i saw him at Reading Festival and he only lasted about ten minutes before being bottled off the stage in a shower of cider and piss

Still, 2 out of 3 ain't bad!
Meatloaf on 16:59 - Jan 21 with 1814 viewsderbyhoop

Very sad. Saw him in concert once.
Completely OTT but great fun.

I should be able to shift those Meatloaf knickers.
On the front "I would do anything for love"
On the back "but I won't do that"

I'll get my coat

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024