Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report 17:54 - Feb 16 with 6156 viewsNorthernr

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report 16th Feb 2022 17:46
Following the debacles at Peterborough and Barnsley, QPR were soundly beaten on the road for a third time in ten days at Millwall on Tuesday. 4

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 18:05 - Feb 16 with 3908 viewsDiscodroids

I was Pissed out of my skate a few weeks ago and agreed to go to my neighbours 'Jazz ' evening in leigh on sea tonight. (Wed 16th feb)

I'd rather rump two B&q Sanding blocks than go and watch this pretentious arsehole pretend he's a cross pollination of Thelonious Monk and Wilbur Ware at The Straight No Chaser jazz club in San Fransisco's Tenderloin district.

But You know what's worse than even going to watch that?.. Having to watch that 90 minutes of piss again last night and then have to write a long ,granular report on it for this forum.

You deserve a purple heart Northern.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 18:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 18:18 - Feb 16 with 3847 viewsParkRoyalR

Wowzer, I've watched Austin stumble around London Road for 95 minutes and barely touch the ball for a 4 and Gray do similar at Oakwell for 65 minutes for a Troy Deeney 3, didnt think any individual performance were at those levels last night, just a complete breakdown in how the team functioned. Hopefully Saturday is different, Willock is fully fit and we get the 1st goal.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 18:33 - Feb 16 with 3779 viewsSuperhoop83

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 18:05 - Feb 16 by Discodroids

I was Pissed out of my skate a few weeks ago and agreed to go to my neighbours 'Jazz ' evening in leigh on sea tonight. (Wed 16th feb)

I'd rather rump two B&q Sanding blocks than go and watch this pretentious arsehole pretend he's a cross pollination of Thelonious Monk and Wilbur Ware at The Straight No Chaser jazz club in San Fransisco's Tenderloin district.

But You know what's worse than even going to watch that?.. Having to watch that 90 minutes of piss again last night and then have to write a long ,granular report on it for this forum.

Have a great night Disco.

Suffering since 1978.

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 18:54 - Feb 16 with 3700 viewsNorthernr

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 18:05 - Feb 16 by Discodroids

Tough week. Absolutely fcking exhausted and it’s Wednesday.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 19:26 - Feb 16 with 3564 viewscolinallcars

Clive, you and all those that have attended these away games are held in the highest regard by me.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 19:35 - Feb 16 with 3537 viewsdaveB

When the ref stopped the game for Burke going down both Johansen and Field were in the refs ear complaining and he told them to shove it, Barbet was closest to it and could tell the fella was actually injured, i wouldn't criticise them for that. Also thought the Johansen one when he went down was a foul, fella won the ball but took a lot of Stef with him.

I do think when teams hit a bad run managers and fans can over think things a bit, I've seen calls for multiple changes since the game ended but for me doesn't matter what 11 you pick it's about the tempo you play at, move the ball quickly and with purpose, get balls into the box quicker and create some pressure. We haven't done that since the Reading and haven't done it enough all season imo
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 19:40 - Feb 16 with 3515 viewsstevec

They let you home at the end without even caging you for 45 minutes? God, we must have been bad.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 20:08 - Feb 16 with 3395 viewsozranger

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 19:40 - Feb 16 by stevec

They let you home at the end without even caging you for 45 minutes? God, we must have been bad.

They held us back at the side (other) entrance for about 15-20mins. Then they had police in riot gear ready in case of any trouble. Everyone just walked by them if they were bollards.

By the way, heard Michael Gove was in attendance and possibly in the away end as well.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 20:13 - Feb 16 with 3394 viewsWadR

Thank you Clive for eloquently tackling such a thankless task.

Tangentially from what you say about Johansen playing so deep and the CBs being reticent to come out with the ball, one thing that strikes me at the moment is how negative we are from our throw ins.

While Millwall got in behind from a throw in an innocuous position within 30 seconds, we always seem to go backwards from our throws. Even when we are 30 yards out from opposition goal, it's back to Dickie or Barbet and across. While I get the idea of switching from side to side to find an opening, too often it ends with us facing our own goal and conceding 30/40 yards or move it so slowly and lose any possible advantage.

Comparing that with, say, Boro, who had their wide CBs taking lots of their throws, multiple players moving for the ball.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 20:27 - Feb 16 with 3347 viewsMick_S

We’ve been rubbish at throw ins/ons since The Big Match. Still makes my head itch.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 20:39 - Feb 16 with 3298 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Find it very strange we still haven't addressed the lack of pace in our team which has been an issue since BOS left. Think it would make a huge difference, even to debacles like yesterday. We are so bloody slow to break.

Hopefully someone is doing something about it for next season, whichever division we're in.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 20:49 - Feb 16 with 3255 viewsStainrod

Interesting the enthusiasm is finally waning a little for Sam Field. A few weeks ago on here from some of the eulogies you would think we had found the next Patrick Viera. But on recent showing its very hard to see how he justifies his place: he can't pass nearly as well as Dozell, he hasn't been tackling or showing the desire of Dom Ball, and he certainly can't (or won't - he seems pathologically negative) run forward with the ball like Luke Amos can.

What does he actually contribute at the moment, apart from a general air of exhaustion, excessive caution and five-yard misplaced passes to Johansen, who would move faster if he were perched on a mobility scooter?
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 20:57 - Feb 16 with 3209 viewsNorthernr

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 20:49 - Feb 16 by Stainrod

Interesting the enthusiasm is finally waning a little for Sam Field. A few weeks ago on here from some of the eulogies you would think we had found the next Patrick Viera. But on recent showing its very hard to see how he justifies his place: he can't pass nearly as well as Dozell, he hasn't been tackling or showing the desire of Dom Ball, and he certainly can't (or won't - he seems pathologically negative) run forward with the ball like Luke Amos can.

What does he actually contribute at the moment, apart from a general air of exhaustion, excessive caution and five-yard misplaced passes to Johansen, who would move faster if he were perched on a mobility scooter?

Still love him, but he was poor and laboured last night.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 21:03 - Feb 16 with 3182 viewsdaveB

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 20:49 - Feb 16 by Stainrod

I thought he played well against Boro last week, was Ok at Barnsley and poor last night. He's miles better than Dozzell and Ball imo and Amos seems to get better every game he doesn't play
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 21:03 - Feb 16 with 3176 viewsBurnleyhoop

Just been watching the Liverpool game. The constant running and chasing by the entire team is incessant and a joy to behold. To say it is something we are lacking is an understatement. We absolutely need to inject some pace and energy into the team. If that requires a change of shape, and personnel then so be it. It’s not an admission of failure, but a reaction to current circumstances. Let’s be honest, our wing backs are not functioning in the way the were.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 21:18 - Feb 16 with 3114 viewsdaveB

Warburton on last night, I agree with him

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 21:23 - Feb 16 with 3103 viewsGloryHunter

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 20:08 - Feb 16 by ozranger

They held us back at the side (other) entrance for about 15-20mins. Then they had police in riot gear ready in case of any trouble. Everyone just walked by them if they were bollards.

By the way, heard Michael Gove was in attendance and possibly in the away end as well.

That was weird - a disparate bunch including women, kids, and some thoroughly demoralised rangers adult men, who all presumably live in Lewisham or its environs, and just wanted to get home. And when they finally let us out there was line of cops in helmets with batons drawn, hoping that one of us might "want some".

They could have saved all that waste of police resources if they'd infiltrated us with a spotter, who could have radio'd HQ and said "No trouble makers here, Sarge".

Doesn't the Met have any criminals to catch?
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 21:26 - Feb 16 with 3087 viewsParkRoyalR

Thought Field was best of a bad lot last night, to go with his two or three previous performances where he was also arguably Motm.

'Tackling or showing the desire of Dom Ball' is the pick of the above along with 'very hard to see how he justifies his place'.

Desire was there to see last night for those who actually went to the game, desperately cajoling his teammates in the 2nd Half and a pathologically positive run down the left flank late-on taking on two Millwall players before being cleaned out.

Another to be added to the list of under-appreciated players whose value has considerably increased, much to the distress of a minority of our so-called fans.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 21:32 - Feb 16 with 3058 viewsqprxtc

I attended last nights ramshackle, desultory performance. I actually saw very little of it however having met an old school chum in The Shipwrights Arms and pummelled our brain cells into another dimension.

Also Ver Wall handily decided to continue to sell legal liquid mind altering substance in ocean poisoning plastic carriages.

All safe in the knowledge that Clive the North would put in my mind what my eyes could not bear witness too.

It was foretold it would be cobblers and cobblers it be.

Only alcohol can save us now.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 21:39]
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 21:34 - Feb 16 with 3052 viewsGloryHunter

On the other hand, Millwall didn't boo the taking of the knee. Did they?
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 22:13 - Feb 16 with 2933 viewsNorthernr

Interactive ratings FYI

David Marshall 6.42
Rob Dickie 4.66
Jimmy Dunne 4.97
Yoann Barbet 4.68
Albert Adomah 3.94
Stefan Johansen 3.75
Sam Field 5.36
Lee Wallace 4.02
Ilias Chair 4.70
Chris Willock 5.27
Lyndon Dykes 4.48
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 23:10 - Feb 16 with 2794 viewsStainrod

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 21:03 - Feb 16 by Burnleyhoop

Just been watching the Liverpool game. The constant running and chasing by the entire team is incessant and a joy to behold. To say it is something we are lacking is an understatement. We absolutely need to inject some pace and energy into the team. If that requires a change of shape, and personnel then so be it. It’s not an admission of failure, but a reaction to current circumstances. Let’s be honest, our wing backs are not functioning in the way the were.

This is it - of course we can't expect the skill of Liverpool but the fitness levels and ability to move should not be massively less.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 23:45 - Feb 16 with 2712 viewskensalriser

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 22:13 - Feb 16 by Northernr

Interactive ratings FYI

David Marshall 6.42
Rob Dickie 4.66
Jimmy Dunne 4.97
Yoann Barbet 4.68
Albert Adomah 3.94
Stefan Johansen 3.75
Sam Field 5.36
Lee Wallace 4.02
Ilias Chair 4.70
Chris Willock 5.27
Lyndon Dykes 4.48

I've run these numbers through a programme to transpose the numerical character value into alphabetical; the result has produced the letters h, t, i and s.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 23:46 - Feb 16 with 2716 viewssuperhoopdownunder

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 21:18 - Feb 16 by daveB

Warburton on last night, I agree with him

Warburton says in this interview if you are playing well you stay in the team - referring to Marshall in goal keeping Dieng out.
However this is not consistent as Luke Amos was playing very well and was dropped.
That is inconsistent and does not send the right message to the players or supporters.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 00:03 - Feb 17 with 2681 viewsWegerles_Stairs

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 21:34 - Feb 16 by GloryHunter

On the other hand, Millwall didn't boo the taking of the knee. Did they?

They did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024