Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt free agent 09:01 - Sep 2 with 10102 viewsSouthallRanger

Just saw something on Twitter saying Benfica and Taarabt have mutually agreed to end his contract and that he is a free agent. A Google search found nothing to back this up. But if true…

He is 33, became a defensive midfielder and was dropped from their squad last year…. Would you if the money was right and he was willing?
Taarabt free agent on 09:07 - Sep 2 with 5643 viewsDoudou87

No.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Taarabt free agent on 09:14 - Sep 2 with 5574 viewsTomS

I will always treasure the memories of him playing in the Championship winning season. But time has moved on. It's probably for the best that we don't make enquires. Never go back and all that....
Taarabt free agent on 09:16 - Sep 2 with 5549 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No.

He wouldn't commit to us when holding the Division 2 trophy on our pitch. Doubt he'd commit now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Taarabt free agent on 09:20 - Sep 2 with 5519 viewsDubaiR

Yes and I'd have him as a striker. I remember Chelsea away when we won and he played up top, hold up play was superb.

Better finisher than Dykes, Better hold up play than dykes and even at 33 he would tear this league a new one
Taarabt free agent on 09:21 - Sep 2 with 5512 viewsTheChef

No. Don't go back. And he's an entirely different player now to the one we had.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Taarabt free agent on 09:22 - Sep 2 with 5508 viewsDubaiR

Plus he has good relationships with Chair and Willock which would strengthen our position with them
Taarabt free agent on 09:28 - Sep 2 with 5474 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Has all the hallmarks of a returning Charlie Austin.

Anyone let Forest know?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Taarabt free agent on 09:29 - Sep 2 with 5469 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Taarabt free agent on 09:22 - Sep 2 by DubaiR

Plus he has good relationships with Chair and Willock which would strengthen our position with them

Chair did actually mention him in the Talksport interview yesterday.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt free agent on 09:30 - Sep 2 with 5448 viewsDubaiR

A contract to the end of the season, Charlie's first season back was very good,
Taarabt free agent on 09:30 - Sep 2 with 5441 viewsfrancisbowles

Taarabt free agent on 09:20 - Sep 2 by DubaiR

Yes and I'd have him as a striker. I remember Chelsea away when we won and he played up top, hold up play was superb.

Better finisher than Dykes, Better hold up play than dykes and even at 33 he would tear this league a new one

The game has moved on, Warnock's indulgement of the man child Adel, would never be tolerated by players in the high energy athletic sport that football has developed into.

Great player for us in that season and a few other games but that performance as a false nine, was I believe tried again in the game after, was unsuccessful and not seen again.

I agree, in his prime, he would have been a better striker than anything we have now but that was ten years ago and there have been a lot of kebabs consumed in those years.
Taarabt free agent on 09:32 - Sep 2 with 5420 viewsLoftgirl

Taarabt free agent on 09:30 - Sep 2 by francisbowles

The game has moved on, Warnock's indulgement of the man child Adel, would never be tolerated by players in the high energy athletic sport that football has developed into.

Great player for us in that season and a few other games but that performance as a false nine, was I believe tried again in the game after, was unsuccessful and not seen again.

I agree, in his prime, he would have been a better striker than anything we have now but that was ten years ago and there have been a lot of kebabs consumed in those years.

Is he still three stone overweight?
Taarabt free agent on 09:33 - Sep 2 with 5404 viewswombat

in a heartbeat , diff player now yeah older but still got the skills all being in a deeper role , think his heads better now some of the hangers on have left him to play football as well
deal to the end of the season no brainer for me

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Taarabt free agent on 09:39 - Sep 2 with 5373 viewsPunteR

Haven't seen him play in years so impossible to comment.
I'd like to think he would happily play for us again but I'd doubt Beale would be interested.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Taarabt free agent on 09:40 - Sep 2 with 5357 viewsSouthallRanger

I believe the attitude and fitness issues are no more. In his transformation and journey from benficas B team and loans spells, he became a different person and very professional apparently. Although I don’t know the reason their manager dropped him from their squad… on pitch reasons or is there still some attitude issue there.

I’m in the camp of never go back to your ex. Apart from the question of attitude and whether he has still got it at 33… We don’t need another defensive mid. Apart from striker we are relatively ok for our front 3, and to suddenly switch the position he has been playing back to specifically striker or false 9 sounds like a stretch.

Having said that. If the club talked to him and he thinks he can do a job as false 9, then get him over to train with us and make a judgement… there are a lot of ifs and buts in that. Very unrealistic
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 9:53]
Taarabt free agent on 11:29 - Sep 2 with 5028 viewsHastings_Hoops

…the latest shiny new thing - must buy
Taarabt free agent on 11:31 - Sep 2 with 5011 viewsHarbour

No not for me….even if we consider him I would imagined his wages would be way out of our budget.
Taarabt free agent on 11:38 - Sep 2 with 4973 viewsaston_hoop

The question is does Beale have a use for him in our system? Or would that be the board lumping him with someone?

Read last week he'd already agreed a deal with a team in the middle east anyway.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Taarabt free agent on 11:40 - Sep 2 with 4951 viewsDavieQPR

Need to stop living in the past. The world has moved on. Before anyone says it, no we should not offer him a coaches job.
Taarabt free agent on 12:12 - Sep 2 with 4792 viewsdannyblue

Won't happen, but heart over head I would LOVE to see him strutting his stuff again interlinking with Chris and Ilias. Just imagine what the three of them could do together.
Taarabt free agent on 12:17 - Sep 2 with 4768 viewsLandshark

If we were short of midfielders then yes, but we're not, so it's a no from me.
Taarabt free agent on 12:34 - Sep 2 with 4675 viewshantssi

Good god no!
Taarabt free agent on 12:36 - Sep 2 with 4658 viewsHooping_Mad

Won't someone think of the shirt sales !

Morbid fascination means I would like to see if he's still better than Niko Kranjcar, this would also annoy a certain former manager too...

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Taarabt free agent on 12:38 - Sep 2 with 4633 viewsJames_Paddocks

Forever Rs induction, and nothing more.
Taarabt free agent on 12:50 - Sep 2 with 4564 viewsRangersDave

You have had a girlfriend, who was very, very good in all manner of ways, yes you had the odd falling out, but it was one of the best relationships youve ever had.

The years go buy and she might walk back into your life, older, wiser, more mature, but still the sexy, creative, and rocking woman you fell for.

Yes, she might not be as flexible as before ;-) but my god she still has something good.

Would i? Hell yes..... for a short time to see if we can fully rekindle the past.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Taarabt free agent on 12:54 - Sep 2 with 4533 viewssprocket

FFS lads. Who would he replace? Move on...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024