Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton’s pitch 14:51 - Oct 13 with 7136 viewsqpr1976

They have ‘narrowed’ their pitch in readiness for Saturday’s game. Bu at least a yard either side.

Not sure if it will make much difference as Willock out, but they obviously have a plan.

So if anyone has comms lines to MB or our coaches…..!?
Luton’s pitch on 14:58 - Oct 13 with 5290 viewsMick_S

Danny P can fix this.

Luton = jelly on a plate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Luton’s pitch on 15:07 - Oct 13 with 5229 viewsKensal_Ranger

Not according to the rules….
13.2 Clubs must register their pitch dimensions with The League prior to the start of each Season . It will be misconduct on the part of a Club to alter its pitch dimensions during a Season without the prior written consent of The League, which consent will only be given in exceptional circumstances. The League may at any time require a Club to submit a report from a qualified independent source certifying the pitch dimensions.
(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 15:07 - Oct 13 with 5229 viewsKensal_Ranger

Fat finger 🤔
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 15:19]
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:07 - Oct 13 with 5229 viewsKensal_Ranger

Fat thumb 😬
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 15:20]
Luton’s pitch on 15:47 - Oct 13 with 5001 viewsconnell10

Where did this info come from ?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Luton’s pitch on 15:49 - Oct 13 with 4991 viewsHarbour

Wigan had a wrong sized goal last week…Is this legal to change the pitch size?
Luton’s pitch on 16:49 - Oct 13 with 4814 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton’s pitch on 15:07 - Oct 13 by Kensal_Ranger

13.2 Clubs must register their pitch dimensions with The League prior to the start of each Season . It will be misconduct on the part of a Club to alter its pitch dimensions during a Season without the prior written consent of The League, which consent will only be given in exceptional circumstances. The League may at any time require a Club to submit a report from a qualified independent source certifying the pitch dimensions.

Excellent find!
Luton’s pitch on 16:50 - Oct 13 with 4807 viewsderbyhoop

If they did narrow the pitch, against League rules, it plays into our hands. The press is designed to force players into the more crowded area in the centre.
However it would make it a little harder for Paal and Laird, if fit, to get forward.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Luton’s pitch on 18:19 - Oct 13 with 4533 viewsDavieQPR

Luton’s pitch on 15:47 - Oct 13 by connell10

You can almost guarantee Twitter.
Luton’s pitch on 18:21 - Oct 13 with 4532 viewsdavman

Luton’s pitch on 16:50 - Oct 13 by derbyhoop

If they did narrow the pitch, against League rules, it plays into our hands. The press is designed to force players into the more crowded area in the centre.
However it would make it a little harder for Paal and Laird, if fit, to get forward.

This. A bit odd as yep, it may stunt our attack somewhat, but they'd never get through our excellent compact formation.

Hope that they have done this, that the rule quoted by Kensal is right and we get awarded points.

Would love to see tiny man's miserable face after that...
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 21:06]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Luton’s pitch on 18:24 - Oct 13 with 4517 viewsWatford_Ranger

Luton’s pitch on 15:07 - Oct 13 by Kensal_Ranger

The exceptional circumstances being we’re fking class.
Luton’s pitch on 20:13 - Oct 13 with 4234 viewsDannyPaddox

Luton’s pitch on 14:58 - Oct 13 by Mick_S

Danny P can fix this.

Luton = jelly on a plate.

Wobble, wobble. Wobble, wobble, wobble.
Luton’s pitch on 20:18 - Oct 13 with 4211 viewsstowmarketrange

Luton’s pitch on 18:21 - Oct 13 by davman

This. A bit odd as yep, it may stunt our attack somewhat, but they'd never get through our excellent compact formation.

Hope that they have done this, that the rule quoted by Kensal is right and we get awarded points.

Would love to see tiny man's miserable face after that...
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 21:06]

Especially after his bitter comments following our 2-1 win at the hovel last season.”They don’t have to do much to beat us” said the poisoned dwarf.
It looks like we won’t have to do anything if they have narrowed the pitch illegally.
Luton’s pitch on 20:20 - Oct 13 with 4185 viewskensalriser

They can turn their pitch into a maze, we're still going to make Nathan Jones cry like a toddler deprived of its comfort blanket.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Luton’s pitch on 20:21 - Oct 13 with 4183 viewsMick_S

Luton’s pitch on 20:13 - Oct 13 by DannyPaddox

Wobble, wobble. Wobble, wobble, wobble.

Easy jet united match thread please.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Luton’s pitch on 20:38 - Oct 13 with 4126 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Luton’s pitch on 21:45 - Oct 13 with 3868 viewsqpr1976

Luton’s pitch on 15:47 - Oct 13 by connell10

It wasn’t Twitter, I’m not on Twitter.

My wife does a free fitness session at the ground. The people who run it were Very open about it as a tactic they sometimes use and Wifey said it was definitely at least a yard in from where it was last time she was there. (They are not allowed On the pitch, but Are allowed to run around it.)

Anyway, as I said, I doubt it will make much difference. 🤞
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 21:48]
Luton’s pitch on 22:50 - Oct 13 with 3693 viewsNewBee

Luton’s pitch on 15:49 - Oct 13 by Harbour

Wigan had a wrong sized goal last week…Is this legal to change the pitch size?

Not the same. For one thing, the goal size discrepancy was inadvertant. For another, neither side gained an advantage, since each got to play 45 mins with the smaller goal/45 mins against the larger goal.

And finally, the ref accepted that it would delay things too long to fix it on the day, so instructed that the game could go ahead.
Luton’s pitch on 23:03 - Oct 13 with 3639 viewsDannyPaddox

Luton’s pitch on 20:38 - Oct 13 by kensalriser

The stuff of nightmares. Francis Bacon-Jelly.
Luton’s pitch on 07:24 - Oct 14 with 3339 viewsdistortR

What if the op misread,and they've actually harrowed the pitch. That would affect our passing game big style.

Watch the clip. The music is the most upbeat I've ever heard on an an agricultural information film.

Luton’s pitch on 07:52 - Oct 14 with 3279 viewsDannyPaddox

Also rumoured, in attempt to clog the midfield, Luton have invited hundreds of disgruntled unemployed workers from the North-East to walk through Kenilworth Road and air their grievances. They’ve Jarrowed the pitch.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 7:57]
Luton’s pitch on 08:33 - Oct 14 with 3204 viewsstevec

They’ve heard about our hamstring weaknesses
Luton’s pitch on 09:42 - Oct 14 with 3082 viewsfrancisbowles

Luton’s pitch on 16:49 - Oct 13 by PinnerPaul

Excellent find!

Yes well done. Question for Pinner, if they have narrowed the pitch and it's brought to his attention, can Mr Harrington order them to remark the lines in the correct place before kick off?
Luton’s pitch on 14:07 - Oct 14 with 2815 viewsEsox_Lucius

Tack it on to the net pulling routine before the game. It would only take minutes with a trundle wheel to determine the actual width & length before a game.

The grass is always greener.

Luton’s pitch on 14:08 - Oct 14 with 2812 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton’s pitch on 21:45 - Oct 13 by qpr1976

It wasn’t Twitter, I’m not on Twitter.

My wife does a free fitness session at the ground. The people who run it were Very open about it as a tactic they sometimes use and Wifey said it was definitely at least a yard in from where it was last time she was there. (They are not allowed On the pitch, but Are allowed to run around it.)

Anyway, as I said, I doubt it will make much difference. 🤞
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 21:48]

Its easy to see if a pitch is narrower, as the 10 yard mark from the corner arc will be in a different place in relation to the edge of the penalty area.

As above, if you're not allowed to do it, I really can't see how Luton or anyone else would get away with changing the pitch size every now and then.

Another giveaway would be the worn area where the ARs run would obviously show where the pitch had been narrowed.

Can't see it myself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024