Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton v the ref 12:51 - Dec 30 with 1874 viewsBakes

Some of the behaviour from Luton last night towards the ref was ridiculous and all of it went unpunished, personal highlights were the Luton player I think Doughty throwing the ball at the refs chest because he didn’t agree with the foul, no card.

But my personal favourite was when we were awarded a free kick in our own box, the ball was kicked away by the Luton striker so the referee walked over to the ball, picked it up walked it back 10 yards, placed it at Seny’s feet only for the Luton striker to then walk back over to the ball, pick it up and walk off with it, right in front of the referee, no card.

Not to mention the random drinks/tactics discussion which was allowed to happen whenever Luton felt like it.

And what did our players do? Just watched it all happen, hands on hips. Boils my piss.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 12:52]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Luton v the ref on 12:53 - Dec 30 with 1856 viewsfrancisbowles

Gavin Ward!
Luton v the ref on 13:09 - Dec 30 with 1772 viewsDorse

Luton v the ref on 12:53 - Dec 30 by francisbowles

Gavin Ward!

Don't say his name or he will appear!!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Luton v the ref on 13:11 - Dec 30 with 1767 viewsnix

I did shout out to the ref during the drinks break that we were actually still playing, the match wasn't over! Couldn't believe them faffing around. There wasn't even an injury at that point.
Luton v the ref on 13:56 - Dec 30 with 1694 viewsNorthernr

Agree the drinks break thing and Ward's inability to cope with teams taking the pis with time wasting was annoying, but I thought he was fine on the whole last night. Not a lot to referee but no problems really.
Luton v the ref on 16:24 - Dec 30 with 1518 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton v the ref on 13:56 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Agree the drinks break thing and Ward's inability to cope with teams taking the pis with time wasting was annoying, but I thought he was fine on the whole last night. Not a lot to referee but no problems really.

Agree. 'Missed' one or two cards 2nd half I thought, but did at least book someone for dissent, a rare thing indeed, but otherwise he was OK.

Shout for Laird pen was very optimistic I thought - live one view only - usual caveat - only view he had as well - obviously!
Luton v the ref on 16:33 - Dec 30 with 1492 viewsdavman

Luton v the ref on 16:24 - Dec 30 by PinnerPaul

Agree. 'Missed' one or two cards 2nd half I thought, but did at least book someone for dissent, a rare thing indeed, but otherwise he was OK.

Shout for Laird pen was very optimistic I thought - live one view only - usual caveat - only view he had as well - obviously!

No. Didn't watch the game thankfully apart from the last half hour in the background, but this is Gavin Ward the referee in "charge". The bloke is a total weapon even compared to the others in his "profession".

(Sorry, Paul, couldn't help myself! ).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Luton v the ref on 16:35 - Dec 30 with 1475 viewsthemodfather

yep many clubs do this, foul endlessly, moan to ref and keep doing it until he books a few.
why don't we start to do this? instead of letting the other side get away with it?
Luton v the ref on 16:39 - Dec 30 with 1453 viewsslmrstid

Gavin Ward is very hot and cold as a ref but like Northern I thought he was OK last night. It does annoy me that we are completely soft when other teams are taking the pee. Everyone else gets in the ref's face, I don't like seeing it but when we just stand hand on hips taking it all it just makes us look soft, and when you're also getting battered its just infuriating.
Login to get fewer ads

Luton v the ref on 17:14 - Dec 30 with 1372 viewsterryb

Luton v the ref on 13:56 - Dec 30 by Northernr

I thought he was totally incompetant & it was the worst refereeing display I can recall watching! No bias involved as he was awful for both sides.

The only decision I can remember being correct was awarding Luton a free kick rather than a penalty for Laird committing a foul.

The free kick that he awarded for Dickie falling over without a Luton player touching him summed up his evening!
Luton v the ref on 17:17 - Dec 30 with 1362 viewsNorthernr

Luton v the ref on 17:14 - Dec 30 by terryb

I thought he was totally incompetant & it was the worst refereeing display I can recall watching! No bias involved as he was awful for both sides.

The only decision I can remember being correct was awarding Luton a free kick rather than a penalty for Laird committing a foul.

The free kick that he awarded for Dickie falling over without a Luton player touching him summed up his evening!

Wasn't even the worst refereeing display we've had this week.
Luton v the ref on 17:18 - Dec 30 with 1347 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton v the ref on 17:14 - Dec 30 by terryb

You're usually pretty sensible Terry, so really surprised you thought that.

Its all opinions in the end, no KMIs, as Clive implied, except the Laird pen shout, which like you, I thought was the right call.
Luton v the ref on 17:19 - Dec 30 with 1345 viewsterryb

Luton v the ref on 17:17 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Wasn't even the worst refereeing display we've had this week.

Ten times worse than Stroud was!

I appreciate that I regard Ward as the worst we can get & biased against him, but last night was attrocious.
Luton v the ref on 17:29 - Dec 30 with 1317 viewsterryb

Luton v the ref on 17:18 - Dec 30 by PinnerPaul

You're usually pretty sensible Terry, so really surprised you thought that.

Its all opinions in the end, no KMIs, as Clive implied, except the Laird pen shout, which like you, I thought was the right call.

Maybe no KMI's, but nearly every decision he made was wrong IMO.

As I stated, I'm not implying any bias in his performance. I'm just pleased that Luton have to put up with him far more than we do.

I rated his performance as worth a 1, but wondered if I'd been too generous! However, he was not to blame for the result!
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 17:36]
Luton v the ref on 17:31 - Dec 30 with 1305 viewsdavman

Yep, because we exclusively recruits "the right types", they show all the respect referees apparently should have.

Nice guys finish last. Every other f**King club tries more s**thousery on and off the pitch and get away with it. Not us, no, our owners couldn't possiby buy a feeder club in a league where FFP is "loosely" applied, then sign Macauley Bonne for £20m,could they?

No, because that's simply not cricket...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024