Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Critchley interview 18:55 - Jan 7 with 19418 viewssparkey

Very honest assessment. He is absolutely fuming which is what I really hoped for.

Before everyone gets on his back this is PBBCs squad who was on a serious downturn of form before he f^^ked off. Critchley has not set the world alight but who would when he has a squad who cant be bothered to even run half the time.
Neil Critchley interview on 16:08 - Jan 8 with 3322 viewsNorthantsHoop

The body language and way Critchley comes over suggests he probably had to be convinced to actually take the job and bring his coaching team unless it is just his manner. The announcement of his apointment on Sunday evening after Burnley debacle was all a bit weird. Personally feel we should have used the Beale compensation to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season, thought someone like Chris Wilder would have got this lot knocked into shape and then could have reviewed the whole thing in the Summer. I fear we may see Critchley getting the boot if slide continues and walking away with a sizeable compensation payment. Hope I am proved wrong.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 16:09]
Neil Critchley interview on 16:14 - Jan 8 with 3256 viewstraininvain

Neil Critchley interview on 15:56 - Jan 8 by Burnleyhoop

You mean another couple of Beale boys made of glass that can’t string three games together without heading off back to the treatment room.

There is a only a small number of players at this club that can be relied upon to turn up week in week out. Balogun and JCS don’t fall into that category and Balogun was an unnecessary luxury signing and as good as he might be, displaced Dickie who is our own.

Critchley now has a fine balancing act to deal with, identifying players that actually give a shit against those capable of getting results. He certainly has his work cut out sorting this shit show.

I don't disagree and I certainly don’t envy Critchley having to sort it out.
Neil Critchley interview on 16:39 - Jan 8 with 3131 viewsNorthernr

Neil Critchley interview on 16:08 - Jan 8 by NorthantsHoop

The body language and way Critchley comes over suggests he probably had to be convinced to actually take the job and bring his coaching team unless it is just his manner. The announcement of his apointment on Sunday evening after Burnley debacle was all a bit weird. Personally feel we should have used the Beale compensation to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season, thought someone like Chris Wilder would have got this lot knocked into shape and then could have reviewed the whole thing in the Summer. I fear we may see Critchley getting the boot if slide continues and walking away with a sizeable compensation payment. Hope I am proved wrong.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 16:09]

On the timing of the announcement... It was all done the previous week, deal agreed etc, as I said in the Burnley match preview. Little bit of compo to work out with Lincoln for one of the assistants, but it was a done deal at the point certain wise sages on here were accusing Les of trying to parachute one of his under qualified black mates into the role to further his "agenda" at the expense of the club. The Burnley game was clearly only going one way, so let the caretaker "take the L" as the kids say for that one, then announce him Monday. Ultimately it went so horrendously badly they stuck it out Sunday night to quell the rising tide of What The Fck Is Going On.
Neil Critchley interview on 16:56 - Jan 8 with 3035 viewsQPROslo

Neil Critchley interview on 16:14 - Jan 8 by traininvain

I don't disagree and I certainly don’t envy Critchley having to sort it out.

Critchley said in that interview something like "mediocrity is not something I want to be involved with". That sounded to me like if this squad is pretty much the same for the rest of the season and they don't start playing like they did for Sheffield United more consistently, he will not be around much longer.
Neil Critchley interview on 17:22 - Jan 8 with 2931 viewsNorthantsHoop

Neil Critchley interview on 16:39 - Jan 8 by Northernr

On the timing of the announcement... It was all done the previous week, deal agreed etc, as I said in the Burnley match preview. Little bit of compo to work out with Lincoln for one of the assistants, but it was a done deal at the point certain wise sages on here were accusing Les of trying to parachute one of his under qualified black mates into the role to further his "agenda" at the expense of the club. The Burnley game was clearly only going one way, so let the caretaker "take the L" as the kids say for that one, then announce him Monday. Ultimately it went so horrendously badly they stuck it out Sunday night to quell the rising tide of What The Fck Is Going On.

Think we are still wondering on the playing side at least "What The Fck Is Going On", personally at the moment can't seeing it improving we look shot and going through the motions with this bunch of players.
Neil Critchley interview on 18:02 - Jan 8 with 2773 viewsNorthernr

Neil Critchley interview on 17:22 - Jan 8 by NorthantsHoop

Think we are still wondering on the playing side at least "What The Fck Is Going On", personally at the moment can't seeing it improving we look shot and going through the motions with this bunch of players.

Yes I suspect this could get worse before it gets better now. He's dropped the niceties, and he needs the players to go with him.
Neil Critchley interview on 18:25 - Jan 8 with 2665 viewsGloucs_R

Too many powder puff players. Absolutely no bllx in midfield other than Field.

Some players seem to think they're too good for this club or maybe at this level. They need to be shipped out.

It's about time we got a few nasty bully boys in and grew a pair. If you look at the Luton team a couple of weeks ago hardly any of them have played higher than the championship. How many of our players are constantly in the referee's ear? Or winding the other team up?

Quite a few people said before the season started that our squad was too young and that we had too many academy type players without the experience to survive in the championship. It seems they could have been right.

Look at the squad, a handful to maybe 8 are championship players and the rest are made up of League 1 and league 2 standard.

Critchley wont settle for this. He likes a team of grafters who close players down and work for the team.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 18:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Neil Critchley interview on 19:09 - Jan 8 with 2520 viewssteveo04

The one thing that gives me hope with NC is he was actually a coach at a high level at Liverpool ( rather the Beale just managing the under 10) you don’t play for Liverpool or coach the first team like he done without a strong mentality, to play for any big club you need to be mentally strong .

Think he get some experience in , at the moment I’m getting the feeling it like a youth club , loads of kids running around joking etc , NC will hate that , they don’t do that At Liverpool he set high standards , I wasn’t sure about his appointment but actually feel more confident he be ok , if given time .
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Critchley interview on 20:42 - Jan 8 with 2301 viewsstanistheman

Neil Critchley interview on 22:14 - Jan 7 by CateLeBonR

I'd snap your right arm off for 6 points off 3rd place with 20 games left in most seasons.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 22:15]

Good point but we are on a run of 1 win in 10, 2 draws and only 4 goals scored.
If you look at the table, we are also not too many points away from the bottom 6.

We have 1 striker (who doesn’t score from open play often, a crocked midfield general and no funds to replenish the squad.

Unless we can do some good wheeling and dealing, things will get worse very quickly.
Neil Critchley interview on 00:26 - Jan 9 with 2045 viewshubble

Neil Critchley interview on 19:09 - Jan 8 by steveo04

The one thing that gives me hope with NC is he was actually a coach at a high level at Liverpool ( rather the Beale just managing the under 10) you don’t play for Liverpool or coach the first team like he done without a strong mentality, to play for any big club you need to be mentally strong .

Think he get some experience in , at the moment I’m getting the feeling it like a youth club , loads of kids running around joking etc , NC will hate that , they don’t do that At Liverpool he set high standards , I wasn’t sure about his appointment but actually feel more confident he be ok , if given time .

I agree, and more than that, I don't think people are giving Neil Critchley the respect he deserves. He's walked into a real basket case of a club - whoever you blame for that, it really is in a mess - and he's prepared to take it on, so I say fair play to him. I can't stand the way people's personalities get dissected in the public domain by other people who basically have zero idea about the actual person. I know that's the way it is in the world these days, but it's still disgraceful.

But I think what we can say about Neil that's based on fact is that he's obviously extremely good at what he does - he wouldn't have been appointed to the positions he has been if he wasn't - AND it's his career, and I'm sure he takes it very seriously. His reaction in that interview is spot on. I hope the board back him as he attempts to sort this mess of a team out, and I hope the fans back him too. We've had more than enough turmoil this year already. We need some stability, and I think NC is just the man for the job.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Neil Critchley interview on 02:33 - Jan 9 with 1982 viewsSydneyRs

Neil Critchley interview on 00:26 - Jan 9 by hubble

I agree, and more than that, I don't think people are giving Neil Critchley the respect he deserves. He's walked into a real basket case of a club - whoever you blame for that, it really is in a mess - and he's prepared to take it on, so I say fair play to him. I can't stand the way people's personalities get dissected in the public domain by other people who basically have zero idea about the actual person. I know that's the way it is in the world these days, but it's still disgraceful.

But I think what we can say about Neil that's based on fact is that he's obviously extremely good at what he does - he wouldn't have been appointed to the positions he has been if he wasn't - AND it's his career, and I'm sure he takes it very seriously. His reaction in that interview is spot on. I hope the board back him as he attempts to sort this mess of a team out, and I hope the fans back him too. We've had more than enough turmoil this year already. We need some stability, and I think NC is just the man for the job.

Good post.

People are letting their own emotions run away and some unhappy private lives are being revealed indirectly on twitter etc.

Apparently Critchley isn't a "big enough personality" when as has been said they know nothing about him. I thought his interview after Fleetwood was spot on. Some players won't like it but tough, it needed to be said.

Meanwhile the pitchforks are out again for the "DOF" and his supposed ethnic cleansing agenda ffs. Mind blowing nonsense but plenty here and on twitter subscribing to it.

Now the spotlight is being turned on Belk and I've seen Hoos also being blamed, no doubt by the same old idiot "sign a striker", "put your hands in your pockets" brigade.

Its clear we aren't doing well right now, but a lot of good work has been done in the last few years with plenty more to do. We're in danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and everybody needs to calm the f*** down a bit.
Neil Critchley interview on 06:08 - Jan 9 with 1924 viewsdmm

I'm as unhappy with Saturday's debacle as the next fan but, as and when Critchley strings a few good results together, we'll all be talking things up again.

It's football.
Neil Critchley interview on 07:15 - Jan 9 with 1855 viewsnix

Neil Critchley interview on 00:26 - Jan 9 by hubble

I agree. Four games in and we've got the Saint Warnock lovers out all over the place.

I couldn't possibly analyse Critchley's personality in that time. Certainly not on the basis of a few set piece interviews with questions about football matches. It's all very negative and personal. There's no consideration of his actual record as a football manager. I do think there's some elements of projecting their own misery onto him, the players and everyone else at the club.

We've got him for a while now, we can't possibly get rid of him as we can't afford it. We need to at least give him a chance. There are definitely some fault lines among the players, which is obvious and difficult to change quickly. We may well need to get rid of some players before that improves. It may well be another consolidation season before we start to look like promotion candidates again.

I like the fact he was clearly angry. He doesn't need to be throwing things or sulking at the interviewer for that to be obvious. We'll see how that plays out over the next few weeks but I agree we desperately need some stability, which I also think he can provide.
Neil Critchley interview on 09:52 - Jan 9 with 1660 viewsTheChef

Neil Critchley interview on 18:02 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Yes I suspect this could get worse before it gets better now. He's dropped the niceties, and he needs the players to go with him.

It's just another wasted season isn't it? Nothing can really get sorted properly until the summer in terms of playing personnel, and that's assuming Critchley sticks it out till then.

In the meantime we get to watch this bunch of players put in a performance maybe once or twice a month if they feel like it, unless form goes south that far that relegation becomes a possibility and maybe then they'll have to pull their finger out. Unlikely though given how they currently deal with adversity.

Meh.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Neil Critchley interview on 10:12 - Jan 9 with 1591 viewsNorthantsHoop

Neil Critchley interview on 18:25 - Jan 8 by Gloucs_R

Too many powder puff players. Absolutely no bllx in midfield other than Field.

Some players seem to think they're too good for this club or maybe at this level. They need to be shipped out.

It's about time we got a few nasty bully boys in and grew a pair. If you look at the Luton team a couple of weeks ago hardly any of them have played higher than the championship. How many of our players are constantly in the referee's ear? Or winding the other team up?

Quite a few people said before the season started that our squad was too young and that we had too many academy type players without the experience to survive in the championship. It seems they could have been right.

Look at the squad, a handful to maybe 8 are championship players and the rest are made up of League 1 and league 2 standard.

Critchley wont settle for this. He likes a team of grafters who close players down and work for the team.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 18:29]

We need also to raise the height of the team, we look very small compared to other teams in this division, I have been banging on about this for years watching teams roll up at Loftus Road they look imposing against some of our midgets.Warburton acknowledged this when we were being done over by Millwall a couple of seasons back.
No good playing attractive football for short periods in games if you can't impose yourself and grind out results. Sam Field is prime example of good sized midfield player perfectly fitted to the modern game.
Neil Critchley interview on 10:17 - Jan 9 with 1544 viewsNortholt_Rs

Neil Critchley interview on 10:12 - Jan 9 by NorthantsHoop

We need also to raise the height of the team, we look very small compared to other teams in this division, I have been banging on about this for years watching teams roll up at Loftus Road they look imposing against some of our midgets.Warburton acknowledged this when we were being done over by Millwall a couple of seasons back.
No good playing attractive football for short periods in games if you can't impose yourself and grind out results. Sam Field is prime example of good sized midfield player perfectly fitted to the modern game.

The only area this team needs to grow is in the bollox department…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Neil Critchley interview on 10:30 - Jan 9 with 1486 viewsSonofpugwash

Neil By Mouth.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Neil Critchley interview on 10:42 - Jan 9 with 1470 viewsRangersDave

Neil Critchley interview on 18:02 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Couldnt agree more, but........ what if they 'dont go with him'?

Thats something that can now easily happen, and if so armageddon within the club might result.
Worrying times methinks

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Neil Critchley interview on 10:48 - Jan 9 with 1434 viewsnix

Neil Critchley interview on 09:52 - Jan 9 by TheChef

It's just another wasted season isn't it? Nothing can really get sorted properly until the summer in terms of playing personnel, and that's assuming Critchley sticks it out till then.

In the meantime we get to watch this bunch of players put in a performance maybe once or twice a month if they feel like it, unless form goes south that far that relegation becomes a possibility and maybe then they'll have to pull their finger out. Unlikely though given how they currently deal with adversity.

Meh.

As soon as Beale came with a short term aim of getting a better job asap, after pretending he was in for the long haul, even making demands about who he wanted to stay/bring in before he'd agree to come to us, we were going to have a wasted season. Too much damage was done. The players are demoralised, the fans are demoralised, I should imagine it's even affected the coaching staff and the senior management team.

Seriously, how often does a manager come in, shake everything up, bring all their own people in and leave mid season after five months? It's going to affect things far more than if a manager comes in and is rubbish and gets replaced mid season, where everyone is glad to see the back of them.

However, if we all go woe is me, it's not going to help things, is it. We need to get behind the manager to help bring in some positivity. Can't see how believing he's going to bail too will help anyone. I can't believe anyone who turned things around at Blackpool from where they were or worked his way up to be a senior coach at Liverpool is lacking guts and drive. We have to at least give him the benefit of the doubt until the end of the season.
Neil Critchley interview on 10:51 - Jan 9 with 1407 viewsTheChef

Neil Critchley interview on 10:48 - Jan 9 by nix

As soon as Beale came with a short term aim of getting a better job asap, after pretending he was in for the long haul, even making demands about who he wanted to stay/bring in before he'd agree to come to us, we were going to have a wasted season. Too much damage was done. The players are demoralised, the fans are demoralised, I should imagine it's even affected the coaching staff and the senior management team.

Seriously, how often does a manager come in, shake everything up, bring all their own people in and leave mid season after five months? It's going to affect things far more than if a manager comes in and is rubbish and gets replaced mid season, where everyone is glad to see the back of them.

However, if we all go woe is me, it's not going to help things, is it. We need to get behind the manager to help bring in some positivity. Can't see how believing he's going to bail too will help anyone. I can't believe anyone who turned things around at Blackpool from where they were or worked his way up to be a senior coach at Liverpool is lacking guts and drive. We have to at least give him the benefit of the doubt until the end of the season.

Oh for sure Critchley needs to be given time and there's no way he can sort everything out before the end of this season.

And yes I know he's only been here a few weeks - but things like the lack of intensity in pre-match and half time warm ups, aren't those easy things to fix quite quickly?

Anyway good luck Neil, rather you than me.

Neil Critchley interview on 11:00 - Jan 9 with 1390 viewskernowhoop

Neil Critchley interview on 10:12 - Jan 9 by NorthantsHoop

Maybe, Northants, but I recall how the (rather short) Japanese team played in the World Cup. It can be done.
Neil Critchley interview on 11:04 - Jan 9 with 1374 viewsnix

Neil Critchley interview on 10:51 - Jan 9 by TheChef

Oh for sure Critchley needs to be given time and there's no way he can sort everything out before the end of this season.

And yes I know he's only been here a few weeks - but things like the lack of intensity in pre-match and half time warm ups, aren't those easy things to fix quite quickly?

Anyway good luck Neil, rather you than me.

I've no idea what's easy to fix or not. I can imagine it's quite hard to get professional footballers to do what you want them to do, and if they're disaffected you sometimes have to get rid of them, like Arteta did at Arsenal.

We know they've got the talent but aren't performing for whatever reason. But I doubt that's purely down to the new manager who's been here for five minutes. It''s been a problem under the last two managers. Critchley took a while to turn things around at Blackpool, which suggests he's not one for reflex actions. He could be taking his time to assess the players and how to get the best out of them. Maybe that's just what we need right now: a cool head, not a hot head.
Neil Critchley interview on 11:07 - Jan 9 with 1343 viewsTheChef

Neil Critchley interview on 11:04 - Jan 9 by nix

I've no idea what's easy to fix or not. I can imagine it's quite hard to get professional footballers to do what you want them to do, and if they're disaffected you sometimes have to get rid of them, like Arteta did at Arsenal.

We know they've got the talent but aren't performing for whatever reason. But I doubt that's purely down to the new manager who's been here for five minutes. It''s been a problem under the last two managers. Critchley took a while to turn things around at Blackpool, which suggests he's not one for reflex actions. He could be taking his time to assess the players and how to get the best out of them. Maybe that's just what we need right now: a cool head, not a hot head.

Having watched our youngest's U7 team, and watching professional players, I've come to the conclusion they both have issues with listening to instructions

Neil Critchley interview on 11:11 - Jan 9 with 1334 viewsNorthantsHoop

Neil Critchley interview on 11:00 - Jan 9 by kernowhoop

Maybe, Northants, but I recall how the (rather short) Japanese team played in the World Cup. It can be done.

Fair point, I am probably clutching at straws as it's all a bit down at the Rangers at the moment.
Neil Critchley interview on 11:32 - Jan 9 with 1278 viewskernowhoop

Neil Critchley interview on 11:11 - Jan 9 by NorthantsHoop

Fair point, I am probably clutching at straws as it's all a bit down at the Rangers at the moment.

Sympathy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024