Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Critchley interview 18:55 - Jan 7 with 19416 viewssparkey

Very honest assessment. He is absolutely fuming which is what I really hoped for.

Before everyone gets on his back this is PBBCs squad who was on a serious downturn of form before he f^^ked off. Critchley has not set the world alight but who would when he has a squad who cant be bothered to even run half the time.
Neil Critchley interview on 09:51 - Jan 8 with 2642 viewsfrancisbowles

He'll be looking for a huge response in training this week and I think he will pick the team for Reading based on who is 'up for it'.
Neil Critchley interview on 10:02 - Jan 8 with 2569 viewsDejR_vu

Neil Critchley interview on 09:51 - Jan 8 by francisbowles

He'll be looking for a huge response in training this week and I think he will pick the team for Reading based on who is 'up for it'.

The problem is, the players have got him by the knackers. Drop a load, heā€™s thrown them under the bus, they wonā€™t ā€˜play for himā€™ again, the reserves will get us relegated. He has to, somehow, get these dubious characters firing until he can get rid of them.

Poll: Season tickets - whoā€™s renewing?

Neil Critchley interview on 11:36 - Jan 8 with 2391 viewsdistortR

Neil Critchley interview on 09:51 - Jan 8 by francisbowles

can we ask to play 7 aside?
Neil Critchley interview on 11:48 - Jan 8 with 2311 viewshertshoops

So what is it that motivates the tippy-tapper 'ballers' to actually try - Preston and Sheff Utd -
that they obviously couldn't be arsed with v Burnley/Luton/Fleetwood ?

I get that Johansen not being on the pitch removes leadership in games, but who is there in the dressing room backing up Critchley and kicking arses ?
Neil Critchley interview on 11:54 - Jan 8 with 2267 viewsTheChef

Neil Critchley interview on 20:26 - Jan 7 by Hunterhoop

Exactly.

The issue is with:
Roberts
Willock
Chair
Dickie
Amos
Dozzell
Adomah
Travelman
andā€¦simply because of that laughing at the end, Dykes, who I have defended repeatedly because he does work hard during the 90 (usually a lot more than the others)

Iā€™d also add Ireogbunam to that list because he has been shocking at tracking runners in recent games while is a great tell tale sign of someone not working hard. Johansen isnā€™t great at it eitherā€¦

Too many players going through the motions. Too many coasting and taking the easy option in and out of possession.

Dieng aside, Iā€™d sell any sellable assets we have now and reinvest.

It's the lack of pride and professionalism which is worrying.

If that was me at the end of the game I'd be back in the dressing room fuming, kicking cats and anything else along the way.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Neil Critchley interview on 12:19 - Jan 8 with 2176 viewspaulparker

Neil Critchley interview on 10:02 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

The problem is, the players have got him by the knackers. Drop a load, heā€™s thrown them under the bus, they wonā€™t ā€˜play for himā€™ again, the reserves will get us relegated. He has to, somehow, get these dubious characters firing until he can get rid of them.

Arteta had a load of sulking wannabes and he held firm and shipped them out
Iā€™d like to see changes , we have seen enough from the likes of Amos, Dozzell, Nico & Kakay to know itā€™s a complete waste of time playing them anymore
The base of this team is Deng , Dunne , Field , Paal , Laird , Chair , the rest either donā€™t want to be here or not good enough

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot Thatā€™s there thatā€™s two, and thatā€™s Bowles Brian Moore

Neil Critchley interview on 12:24 - Jan 8 with 2152 viewsdistortR

Neil Critchley interview on 12:19 - Jan 8 by paulparker

Iā€™d like to see changes , we have seen enough from the likes of Amos, Dozzell, Nico & Kakay to know itā€™s a complete waste of time playing them anymore
The base of this team is Deng , Dunne , Field , Paal , Laird , Chair , the rest either donā€™t want to be here or not good enough

Yeah, Arteta also has a net spend of Ā£280m, + wages, contract buy outs etc.
Neil Critchley interview on 12:26 - Jan 8 with 2144 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Said it a few weeks back, and I'll say it again. We need a hard bast@rd like Keane or Souness who is going to throw these boys up against the changing room wall and threaten to knock them out if they dont pull their socks up.
A bit like Keane did to Beckham.

We have know winners in this squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Critchley interview on 12:29 - Jan 8 with 2125 viewspaulparker

Neil Critchley interview on 12:24 - Jan 8 by distortR

Yeah, Arteta also has a net spend of Ā£280m, + wages, contract buy outs etc.

Of course but he held firm and not many managers in any league are allowed to do that these days
He dropped Aubameyang & Lacacette and played the youngster Eddie Nketie ( sp) and fans were coating him off for doing it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot Thatā€™s there thatā€™s two, and thatā€™s Bowles Brian Moore

Neil Critchley interview on 12:42 - Jan 8 with 2073 viewstraininvain

Neil Critchley interview on 12:19 - Jan 8 by paulparker

I understand that Dunne gets a pass on here because he gives his all and always applauds the fans at the end but heā€™s not been good enough recently. Look at the defending for the equaliser yesterday, Luton the other week and Burnley at home. Dickieā€™s not much better.

We could do with Balogun and JCS back asap.
Neil Critchley interview on 12:53 - Jan 8 with 2006 viewsBklynRanger

Neil Critchley interview on 11:48 - Jan 8 by hertshoops

So what is it that motivates the tippy-tapper 'ballers' to actually try - Preston and Sheff Utd -
that they obviously couldn't be arsed with v Burnley/Luton/Fleetwood ?

I get that Johansen not being on the pitch removes leadership in games, but who is there in the dressing room backing up Critchley and kicking arses ?

It's a very good question. For Preston don't know - maybe NC got to them, they decided they wanted to put on a decent performance, the stars were aligned, certain players set a certain example, who knows.

For Sheff Utd, tbh I fear that was largely about it being live on Sky, the transfer window being open, and the Palace guy being there. These players have seen the PBBC put his career interests first, are aware of our recent history, and I think to a certain extent have closed ranks and are looking after themselves.

There's no mention of quality in that interview - nowhere. It's all about his concerns re mentality, attitude and effort. I think that's probably why Thomas was picked early on - because he's champing at the bit in training and more up for it than better players, but sadly not able to produce in the games. Maybe the same for Shodipo and one or two others.

The obvious thing is, quality and skill alone are never enough - and quite a few of these players probably don't have quite as much of it as they've been led by the previous waste of space to believe. So if they think they can turn it on when Palace or whatever career opportunity are watching and have an injury-free kick about when they aren't, whoever subscribes to that idea can, and should fcuk off in the coming weeks.
Neil Critchley interview on 13:05 - Jan 8 with 1948 viewsRangersw12

Neil Critchley interview on 12:42 - Jan 8 by traininvain

I understand that Dunne gets a pass on here because he gives his all and always applauds the fans at the end but heā€™s not been good enough recently. Look at the defending for the equaliser yesterday, Luton the other week and Burnley at home. Dickieā€™s not much better.

We could do with Balogun and JCS back asap.

He was also at fault for the Sheff United equaliser with a terrible header

I like him as he gives his all but he's a very limited player and hasn't really progressed since we signed him
Neil Critchley interview on 13:15 - Jan 8 with 1893 viewsdmm

I expect Critchley will focus on ensuring we don't drop too far down the table for the rest of the season. I can't see him thinking a top 6 finish is a possibility.

Come the summer he'll want a clear out - Amos, Thomas, Masterson, Shodipo and Archer, together with the usual slew of youngsters, all have expiring contracts. There no doubt be a few other senior squad players he'll try to shift.

Then he'll want to bring new players which would obviously have to be funded by the sale of one or two of the usual suspects.

And will that work? Who knows, but that's what's going to happen.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 13:17]
Neil Critchley interview on 13:33 - Jan 8 with 1805 viewsDejR_vu

Neil Critchley interview on 13:15 - Jan 8 by dmm

I expect Critchley will focus on ensuring we don't drop too far down the table for the rest of the season. I can't see him thinking a top 6 finish is a possibility.

Come the summer he'll want a clear out - Amos, Thomas, Masterson, Shodipo and Archer, together with the usual slew of youngsters, all have expiring contracts. There no doubt be a few other senior squad players he'll try to shift.

Then he'll want to bring new players which would obviously have to be funded by the sale of one or two of the usual suspects.

And will that work? Who knows, but that's what's going to happen.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 13:17]

I would have thought any sale proceeds will have to go to fill the P&S hole weā€™ve apparently dug for ourselves. It seems NC is going to have to make do with some scraps.

Neil Critchley interview on 13:47 - Jan 8 with 1767 viewsBurnleyhoop

Neil Critchley interview on 19:44 - Jan 7 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I get the feeling a player clearout in the summer will be coming. He is clearly fuming, and rightly so after yet another sh!t show. Unbelievable that they are not even training well.
It's going take him a couple of transfer windows to sort this mess out.

Out of contract in the summer:
Willock - 1 year extension possible
Bonne - already gone
Archer
Thomas
Amos
Masterson
Balogun
Shodipo

Bar Willock, the rest will be gone, plus numerous U21s/B team players. Cant believe Travelman is still not on that list.

Or Dozzell. Great left foot, but utterly bereft of any real desire to be an actual footballer. Iā€™m sure his old man pushed him into it when heā€™d rather be doing something else entirely.
Neil Critchley interview on 14:04 - Jan 8 with 1709 viewsBurnleyhoop

Neil Critchley interview on 20:26 - Jan 7 by Hunterhoop

Exactly.

The issue is with:
Roberts
Willock
Chair
Dickie
Amos
Dozzell
Adomah
Travelman
andā€¦simply because of that laughing at the end, Dykes, who I have defended repeatedly because he does work hard during the 90 (usually a lot more than the others)

Iā€™d also add Ireogbunam to that list because he has been shocking at tracking runners in recent games while is a great tell tale sign of someone not working hard. Johansen isnā€™t great at it eitherā€¦

Too many players going through the motions. Too many coasting and taking the easy option in and out of possession.

Dieng aside, Iā€™d sell any sellable assets we have now and reinvest.

Canā€™t agree that Chair doesnā€™t put the effort in. More often than not he is the one driving the team and itā€™s the likes of Tim and Dozzell that amble around midfield looking half arsed.

Not sure what is going on with Willock, but it needs sorting one way or the other.

For me Roberts has 5 games to prove he is nothing more than taking up squad space and limited salary budget, otherwise he needs to go.

Doubt NC can do much with this lot this season, apart from keeping us in the division and butchering the squad in the summer. At least he has time to plan for it, unless the board take the hump with his forthright comments and ditch him for having the audacity to tell it like it is.
Neil Critchley interview on 14:27 - Jan 8 with 1630 viewsBurnleyhoop

Neil Critchley interview on 01:40 - Jan 8 by ozexile

absolute basket case of a club.Name me another club in world football where the coach would say that scoring a goal is the worst thing thing that could happen to us. Turn off the lights I think we're all about done .

It was a brave but accurate comment to make. It was obvious from the kick off that the team were lacking focus and intensity, and he knew that would be the case from the same lack of effort and intensity shown in training.

To score first only compounded his belief that we would show even less effort and subsequently lose the game. He was bang on with his assessment and we got what we deserved and what he expected.

He has every right to be furious, because he saw what was coming on Thursday and warned them against such complacency. The fact that they didnā€™t respond to those concerns is of huge concern and shows there is a real problem with the culture at the club and within this squad.

He has given everyone an opportunity to show what they are about, as he was no doubt instructed to do so by Les et al. He now needs to be given the opportunity to do things his way, with the players he believes will commit to the cause.
Neil Critchley interview on 14:28 - Jan 8 with 1625 viewsDejR_vu

The problem we have is that we have DoF model, so the manager should not be choosing players. But the DoF is making a hash of it. The DoF model only works if you have a competent DoF. If you donā€™t you get what weā€™ve got. Something has to change.

Neil Critchley interview on 14:39 - Jan 8 with 1553 viewsBurnleyhoop

Neil Critchley interview on 13:05 - Jan 8 by Rangersw12

He was also at fault for the Sheff United equaliser with a terrible header

I like him as he gives his all but he's a very limited player and hasn't really progressed since we signed him

I would rather see a limited player putting in 100% for the cause than the best player in the world tossing it off for most games.

You will achieve far more with a fully committed team approach (see Sheffield Utd over the years), than a bunch of academy boys that donā€™t have the stomach for a tough game up in the cold windy north. Southern soft c#nts indeed.
Neil Critchley interview on 14:49 - Jan 8 with 1504 viewsbaz_qpr

Watched on a stream yesterday whilst to some extent I agree I think on another he and the coaching team have to take some responsibility for the set up.

Also weather. I dont know why it is, its a disease that's infected this club for years but we dont do bad weather games. We dont adjust to the conditions (you aint playing slick pass and move in driving rain and sidewise winds)

I thought Chair did Ok, Willock seems to have lost strength and confidence, he seems unwillingly to plant his legs whether this psychological or whether he has lost strength he's miles of what he was and yesterdays conditions highlighted that. Chair is only ever going to be as good as those around him and with Niko down the left that side was hampered. On the right Kakay tries but is limited. And Albert I'm afraid its a season too far for him as a starter, pace has gone he was leggy and that was contributing to the mistakes

Dykes continues to drive me mad I thought Armstrong might be given a start yesterday even for 60 minutes to show what he can do and put pressure on Dykes.

One of the problems that become apparent in the latter end of Beale was our inability to play against the low block. Teams put everything behind the ball and we have no answer. We dont seem to have attacking pattern of play other than the overload down the left if Chair and Willock are playing, and that I think is going to be something that needs work.

In midfield Field was great and it was classic Dozzel performance of some flashy passing standing to admire that and not a huge amount of effort on the dirty work.

Defence is the most perplexing especially with Dickie. I dont know what is going on here, but he has regressed so much, game after game he looks like a league one defender, major errors of concentration, positioning etc its been going on for 9 months now. Dunne has at least one major error in him per half, great in the air granted but is never going to progress unless he sorts it.

I dont really understand why Richards is not getting more of a chance or Armstrong, maybe its a training thing I dont know. I get the impression that Roberts might be bad egg.

Lack of leadership and hunger on the pitch is there for all to see. As Clive often says we are just oo nice at times

Having said all that I dont think 4-2-3-1 is the right set up for us either

I think what Critchley is going to need to do pretty quick is speak to each player individually in a frank and honest way, ask them straight if they want to be here not just for the rest of this season but for next and set out development plans to either progress their game or to progress them to the moves they want.
Neil Critchley interview on 14:51 - Jan 8 with 1492 viewsdistortR

Neil Critchley interview on 14:28 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

The problem we have is that we have DoF model, so the manager should not be choosing players. But the DoF is making a hash of it. The DoF model only works if you have a competent DoF. If you donā€™t you get what weā€™ve got. Something has to change.

I think the reality is, the DoF will have a strategic oversight on transfers, but the manager also has to have input. Our signings under Beale make sense in strategy. JCS, Paal, Dixon-Bonner all free, relatively young and potentially saleable, while Balogun is an old head on a one year contract. The loans, I suppose it depends who is paying the wages, etc.
Neil Critchley interview on 15:08 - Jan 8 with 1428 viewstraininvain

Neil Critchley interview on 14:39 - Jan 8 by Burnleyhoop

I would rather see a limited player putting in 100% for the cause than the best player in the world tossing it off for most games.

You will achieve far more with a fully committed team approach (see Sheffield Utd over the years), than a bunch of academy boys that donā€™t have the stomach for a tough game up in the cold windy north. Southern soft c#nts indeed.

The problem is that Dunne wasnā€™t putting in 100% with his defending for the equaliser yesterday and itā€™s not the first time thatā€™s happened with him in recent weeks. He needs to learn to concentrate for 90+ minutes and do his job properly before he can claim to be giving 100%.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him dropped once Balogun or JCS are back in contention and Dunne canā€™t have many complaints.
Neil Critchley interview on 15:10 - Jan 8 with 1409 viewsDamo1962

Neil Critchley interview on 14:49 - Jan 8 by baz_qpr

Watched on a stream yesterday whilst to some extent I agree I think on another he and the coaching team have to take some responsibility for the set up.

Also weather. I dont know why it is, its a disease that's infected this club for years but we dont do bad weather games. We dont adjust to the conditions (you aint playing slick pass and move in driving rain and sidewise winds)

I thought Chair did Ok, Willock seems to have lost strength and confidence, he seems unwillingly to plant his legs whether this psychological or whether he has lost strength he's miles of what he was and yesterdays conditions highlighted that. Chair is only ever going to be as good as those around him and with Niko down the left that side was hampered. On the right Kakay tries but is limited. And Albert I'm afraid its a season too far for him as a starter, pace has gone he was leggy and that was contributing to the mistakes

Dykes continues to drive me mad I thought Armstrong might be given a start yesterday even for 60 minutes to show what he can do and put pressure on Dykes.

One of the problems that become apparent in the latter end of Beale was our inability to play against the low block. Teams put everything behind the ball and we have no answer. We dont seem to have attacking pattern of play other than the overload down the left if Chair and Willock are playing, and that I think is going to be something that needs work.

In midfield Field was great and it was classic Dozzel performance of some flashy passing standing to admire that and not a huge amount of effort on the dirty work.

Defence is the most perplexing especially with Dickie. I dont know what is going on here, but he has regressed so much, game after game he looks like a league one defender, major errors of concentration, positioning etc its been going on for 9 months now. Dunne has at least one major error in him per half, great in the air granted but is never going to progress unless he sorts it.

I dont really understand why Richards is not getting more of a chance or Armstrong, maybe its a training thing I dont know. I get the impression that Roberts might be bad egg.

Lack of leadership and hunger on the pitch is there for all to see. As Clive often says we are just oo nice at times

Having said all that I dont think 4-2-3-1 is the right set up for us either

I think what Critchley is going to need to do pretty quick is speak to each player individually in a frank and honest way, ask them straight if they want to be here not just for the rest of this season but for next and set out development plans to either progress their game or to progress them to the moves they want.

Very thorough summation. Lots to think about there.
Neil Critchley interview on 15:35 - Jan 8 with 1348 viewsBerkoRanger

I think this has been long overdue with the last few managers yet never happened.
Neil Critchley interview on 15:56 - Jan 8 with 1285 viewsBurnleyhoop

Neil Critchley interview on 15:08 - Jan 8 by traininvain

The problem is that Dunne wasnā€™t putting in 100% with his defending for the equaliser yesterday and itā€™s not the first time thatā€™s happened with him in recent weeks. He needs to learn to concentrate for 90+ minutes and do his job properly before he can claim to be giving 100%.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him dropped once Balogun or JCS are back in contention and Dunne canā€™t have many complaints.

You mean another couple of Beale boys made of glass that canā€™t string three games together without heading off back to the treatment room.

There is a only a small number of players at this club that can be relied upon to turn up week in week out. Balogun and JCS donā€™t fall into that category and Balogun was an unnecessary luxury signing and as good as he might be, displaced Dickie who is our own.

Critchley now has a fine balancing act to deal with, identifying players that actually give a shit against those capable of getting results. He certainly has his work cut out sorting this shit show.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024