Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Horse Greenford 02:15 - Jan 11 with 9649 viewsSonofNorfolt

I'm distraught. No apologies.
My local has closed, one would imagine for good.
It's only a local tragedy yet seen out nationally.
Carry on though, buy Harry's book, complaining if staff didn't swallow his cum.
The rest of his family are no better, hope they all die screaming.
If they don't, perhaps they can be chauffeured to A & E, unlikely because ALL
TORIES ARE C UNTS, as are Fullers, Tory party donors.
Maybe go to church and pray, don't bother though, there is no God, or
certainly not one that's beneficial, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this.
I don't care, f uck you, f uck me, because we're all fuc ked, especially Rangers.
QPRXTC, my good friend, tonight is my turn.
Black Horse Greenford on 02:49 - Jan 11 with 5778 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Black Horse Greenford on 02:56 - Jan 11 with 5770 viewsSonofNorfolt

Black Horse Greenford on 02:49 - Jan 11 by HAYESBOY

That's what vou said to me at Hull last season...
Black Horse Greenford on 06:24 - Jan 11 with 5658 viewsDWQPR

Last time I went there was about four years ago. Used to take my Mum there for some lunch but after about the fifth occasion where the fayre that was served up was best described as slop and the staff really didn’t care we migrated to the Myllet, which says something but although the food was average the staff were attentive and friendly. The Black Horse should have been thriving by now with the development on the other side of Oldfield Lane and the canal side location. A sad end but to be honest based on my experiences not surprising.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Black Horse Greenford on 06:29 - Jan 11 with 5649 viewsPlanetHonneywood

https://ealing.news/food-drink/pub-group-fullers-closes-the-black-horse-in-green

Saw you in there over the Christmas, and like other times I was in during the festive season, the BH was very busy. In fact, hadn't seen it that busy in years!

Seems an odd decision given the developments in the area. Fullers clearly deciding close now and ride it out until the moritorium ends. Wouldn't be so bad, but Fullers were actively working against the BH by erratic supply. I hope the LBoE reject any future applications to develop the site and stop even more congestion in the area. Won't happen!

I think Fullers also closed the Mawson Arms as well. Clearly want to free up their sites in Chiswick and North Greenford for future development, when Asahi move the brewing to an industrial site.

Glad we managed a last slurp - albeit in front of an insipid QPR display - before it closed. Sad day. Many happy memories now gone.

As for Fullers, they can kiss my ass!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Black Horse Greenford on 07:48 - Jan 11 with 5481 viewscolinallcars

I had a mate in Greenford whom I had a drink with there every Weds or Thurs. Donkey's years ago but it was a good pub then. Sad to see pubs close.
Fullers expanded their pub chain greatly but some closures too.
I was upset when they closed the Mawson, next to the brewery. Strange opening hours 8am to 8pm to cater for brewery workers and brewery tourists but a cracking pub.
I'm expecting a lot of closures in the coming months.
Black Horse Greenford on 08:53 - Jan 11 with 5313 viewsTheChef

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Black Horse Greenford on 09:16 - Jan 11 with 5246 viewsqprxtc

The floor is yours Mel.

It’s a diabolical f ucking liberty mate. I’m with you in every word of your pain.

Fullers are w ankers. Tories are inhuman c unts.

F uck em all.
Black Horse Greenford on 09:43 - Jan 11 with 5161 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great pub Mel, where you and me and our other mates gained our drinking shoes from the early 1980s, and were part of the inaugural Black Horse football team in 1984.
Login to get fewer ads

Black Horse Greenford on 10:01 - Jan 11 with 5104 viewslightwaterhoop

Bad news indeed.I used to go for a drink in there years ago with mates who lived in the area.Ken and Jessica used to run it then with their son Jason and they knew how to run a good pub.There was a Parrot in the saloon bar that used to swear.I had my first pint of ESB in there and didnt know what hit me also i remember chatting with a QPR fan called John who i knew from away trips and the Crown and Septre.It was the best pub in that area.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 10:03]
Black Horse Greenford on 10:16 - Jan 11 with 5027 viewshubble

What a shame. Popped in there for a Sunday roast only last summer, with a couple of mates who have a narrow boat moored near Ladbroke Grove. We sat in the garden, enjoying the beer and the sunshine. It was actually a really good roast as well.

As you say Norfolt, this epitomises the state of our country. The things that we all took for granted growing up are falling by the wayside as the uber-corporations hoover up everything, to make way for the brand new sparkling, utterly empty reality that the daft feckers with their faces glued to their phones think is better than it was before. Fortunately I have looked into my crystal ball and I predict the whole shit show is teetering on the brink of collapse and will soon evaporate like the Emperor's clothes.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Black Horse Greenford on 10:30 - Jan 11 with 4957 viewsTheChef

Black Horse Greenford on 10:16 - Jan 11 by hubble

What a shame. Popped in there for a Sunday roast only last summer, with a couple of mates who have a narrow boat moored near Ladbroke Grove. We sat in the garden, enjoying the beer and the sunshine. It was actually a really good roast as well.

As you say Norfolt, this epitomises the state of our country. The things that we all took for granted growing up are falling by the wayside as the uber-corporations hoover up everything, to make way for the brand new sparkling, utterly empty reality that the daft feckers with their faces glued to their phones think is better than it was before. Fortunately I have looked into my crystal ball and I predict the whole shit show is teetering on the brink of collapse and will soon evaporate like the Emperor's clothes.

Can only hope so Hubble.

Modern life is rubbish.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Black Horse Greenford on 10:39 - Jan 11 with 4931 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Nice pub, shame.

I went there once for Sunday lunch hungover and still dressed like a pirate from the fancy dress party I went to the night before.
The girl I was with changed at hers, I had to go in what I'd been wearing.

I was starving though so didn't give a shit.

Just remembered after leaving walking up the road still a bit cut, a car went passed and someone shouted out "New romantic kant" So I shouted back "f-off I'm a pirate" Good times.

Arggggghhhhh
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 10:45]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Black Horse Greenford on 10:47 - Jan 11 with 4908 viewsted_hendrix

I seem to remember a coupe of gigs there back In the day, last time I was there I was sat with GanjR In the garden talking treason and talking about revolution and similar bolox before the band came on.

Where the f uck has time and everyone gone?

'It's Times Like These'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Black Horse Greenford on 10:54 - Jan 11 with 4888 viewsNortholt_Rs

Black Horse Greenford on 10:01 - Jan 11 by lightwaterhoop

Bad news indeed.I used to go for a drink in there years ago with mates who lived in the area.Ken and Jessica used to run it then with their son Jason and they knew how to run a good pub.There was a Parrot in the saloon bar that used to swear.I had my first pint of ESB in there and didnt know what hit me also i remember chatting with a QPR fan called John who i knew from away trips and the Crown and Septre.It was the best pub in that area.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 10:03]

Nah. Load of Hay was a proper boozer…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Black Horse Greenford on 11:14 - Jan 11 with 4827 viewsactonman

Black Horse Greenford on 10:54 - Jan 11 by Northolt_Rs

Nah. Load of Hay was a proper boozer…

My wife’s uncle is a regular there and will be saying the same ! Oddly I never really frequented the black horse much even though lived in Greenford for all my delinquent years.

Felt the same though when they got rid of the white heart and the red lion on the greenford road as invested a lot of years and cash in the former
Black Horse Greenford on 13:03 - Jan 11 with 4615 viewsplasmahoop

The black horse has been listed as an asset of community value. Is there any way there could be a community buy out? When I lived in Tonbridge there was one for a pub there, that had been closed by shepherd neame. They've closed down stack loads of pubs round Kent. It's now a much better pub than it ever was.
I appreciate Tonbridge is cheaper than greater london, but it isn't cheap.
Black Horse Greenford on 13:36 - Jan 11 with 4497 viewscolinallcars

I was going to post a list of rub-a-dubs that I've often used and have closed but realised it would have run into dozens if not hundreds.
I recall back in the 60s and 70s if the pub had an inward opening door it'd be so packed you could hardly get the door open.
And they call this progress…….
Black Horse Greenford on 13:41 - Jan 11 with 4479 viewsNorthernr

Black Horse Greenford on 13:36 - Jan 11 by colinallcars

I was going to post a list of rub-a-dubs that I've often used and have closed but realised it would have run into dozens if not hundreds.
I recall back in the 60s and 70s if the pub had an inward opening door it'd be so packed you could hardly get the door open.
And they call this progress…….

Walk down the Goldhawk Road and it's like a graveyard.
-Green Room - now flats
- Bush Ranger - now a Costa (closed) so probably soon to be flats.
- Forgotton the name of it but the one opposite the Shepherd and Flock is now an estate agent with flats on the top.
- Goldhawk was gentrified, then closed and left to rot into a drug den and rodent infestation so they could get planning permission for flats that go for £1m a time.
- Brackenbury is, in theory, an Indian restuarant, though it seems to be on fire an awful lot. - - O'Donoghues is now a computer game-themed bar.

Really sad. Particularly when you've got people shivering at home, alone.

Pubs are important.
Black Horse Greenford on 13:50 - Jan 11 with 4440 viewscolinallcars

I've noticed in the two Spoons pubs in Hammersmith that there is a different type of customer recently.
In addition to the human wrecks ( like me ), there are people having a meal and a glass of water. Obviously cheaper than cooking at home and can be in the warm for an hour or two.
Black Horse Greenford on 13:52 - Jan 11 with 4436 viewsted_hendrix

Anyone fancy a pint?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Black Horse Greenford on 14:09 - Jan 11 with 4387 viewscolinallcars

Black Horse Greenford on 13:52 - Jan 11 by ted_hendrix

Anyone fancy a pint?

You buyin' ?
Black Horse Greenford on 14:38 - Jan 11 with 4299 viewsqpr_1968

Black Horse Greenford on 13:41 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Walk down the Goldhawk Road and it's like a graveyard.
-Green Room - now flats
- Bush Ranger - now a Costa (closed) so probably soon to be flats.
- Forgotton the name of it but the one opposite the Shepherd and Flock is now an estate agent with flats on the top.
- Goldhawk was gentrified, then closed and left to rot into a drug den and rodent infestation so they could get planning permission for flats that go for £1m a time.
- Brackenbury is, in theory, an Indian restuarant, though it seems to be on fire an awful lot. - - O'Donoghues is now a computer game-themed bar.

Really sad. Particularly when you've got people shivering at home, alone.

Pubs are important.

o'donoghues is back as o'donoghues, sport screens the lot.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Black Horse Greenford on 14:42 - Jan 11 with 4290 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Black Horse Greenford on 13:03 - Jan 11 by plasmahoop

The black horse has been listed as an asset of community value. Is there any way there could be a community buy out? When I lived in Tonbridge there was one for a pub there, that had been closed by shepherd neame. They've closed down stack loads of pubs round Kent. It's now a much better pub than it ever was.
I appreciate Tonbridge is cheaper than greater london, but it isn't cheap.

Mel will know more, but I spoke to one of the main chaps when I was back last summer, and he intimated that a 'fans buyout' was being considered at the time.

Not sure how much folks had indicated they would be prepared to pony up, but the lad seemed reasonably confidentif push xame to shove.

However, the value of land is going up considerably along that stretch of Greenford-sur-canal and clearly Fullers Development Inc. will be looking to do with the site what we really wanted to do at the OOC site...stick up lego brick towers and make a shekelfest of cash.

Times are a changing. There's an effing Starbucks on the Greenford Quay site - always doing trade selling their over-roasted arabica for my liking - that is not that much cheaper that a pint of Pride in the convivial bosom of a warm boozer than a Unit 17 nonentity. Jesus H. you can also book a pamper session for your cat or dog over the road from the BH as well.

It's Greenford Jim, but not as I knew it...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Black Horse Greenford on 14:43 - Jan 11 with 4289 viewsNorthernr

Black Horse Greenford on 13:50 - Jan 11 by colinallcars

I've noticed in the two Spoons pubs in Hammersmith that there is a different type of customer recently.
In addition to the human wrecks ( like me ), there are people having a meal and a glass of water. Obviously cheaper than cooking at home and can be in the warm for an hour or two.

Yeh I got to the Crown early for the Sheff Utd game and it was like a bloody creche in there! All food, zero alcohol.
Black Horse Greenford on 15:02 - Jan 11 with 4223 viewsBoston

That Black Horse site, big enough for a 35,000 capacity stadium?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024