Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We can go up 13:18 - Jan 12 with 7056 viewsE17hoop

Chair in the Athletic:

“For us, in the last few seasons, it’s frustrating because we’re trying to do everything right. Football can be heartbreaking but we have to understand if we approach every game the right way then more times than not we’ll get the right result. We have to learn from the experiences that we had and grow. We have to get that winning mentality right. We can go up.”

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

We can go up on 15:54 - Jan 12 with 1846 viewsJuzzie

We can go up on 15:42 - Jan 12 by daveB

yeah wasn't suggesting we'd make it although we are only 3 points away so it's perhaps not as dreadful as it looks at the moment

We are in reach still but our form is woeful at the moment (18th out of 24) so we need to turn that around sharpish and keep consistently in the top 3 form table for the rest of the season.

It's 'possible' but probably improbable.
We can go up on 15:57 - Jan 12 with 1829 viewsJuzzie

I never said we needed 78 points. I just said the sort of results we need to get will probably yield around 78 points. Then allowing some wiggle room lower 70's probably about right but (as I've mentioned here just above) we need to go on a run of form akin to that through the calendar year 2021. Any slip up and we're out of it.
We can go up on 15:59 - Jan 12 with 1814 viewsPinnerPaul

We can go up on 13:57 - Jan 12 by daveB

I don't think we'll make it but come on look at this league, teams will lose 6/7 more games and still make the playoffs. it won't require that many points to get top 6 this year imo. Is usually more like 73 will get you in

Also with 20 games to go, 3 points off the play offs, do we really want the players thinking they can't make the top 6?

11/4 with Paddy Power - hardly a long shot is it? 30/1 to be relegated on the other hand.

Still some ott nonsense on here after a defeat ( or 3 or 4)!
We can go up on 16:05 - Jan 12 with 1790 viewsPinnerPaul

We can go up on 15:26 - Jan 12 by Juzzie

73 points requires a points-per-game average of 1.85. When Fulham won the title last season they had a season average of 1.95. If 73 is the target then we'd need the form of a team finishing 3rd just to get into the play-offs.

Ain't gonna happen.

We all have opinions but facts are facts, last 3 seasons 1.76 per game would get you to third.

Absurd to say 3 points from 6th we can't do it and even more absurd to think the players should think we're not going to make it.
We can go up on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 1695 viewsJuzzie

We can go up on 16:05 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

We all have opinions but facts are facts, last 3 seasons 1.76 per game would get you to third.

Absurd to say 3 points from 6th we can't do it and even more absurd to think the players should think we're not going to make it.

Opinions are fine but I never said the players should think we're not going to make it.
We can go up on 21:40 - Jan 12 with 1525 viewsNorthernr

In I'm sure completely unrelated news, Chair's Insta stories suggest he has a new agent...
We can go up on 22:13 - Jan 12 with 1477 viewsR_from_afar

We can go up on 21:40 - Jan 12 by Northernr

In I'm sure completely unrelated news, Chair's Insta stories suggest he has a new agent...

Uh-oh

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

We can go up on 22:18 - Jan 12 with 1465 viewsHunterhoop

I wonder what he brought that on?

I can’t imagine you change agents if you intend to carry on as you were…
Login to get fewer ads

We can go up on 22:20 - Jan 12 with 1468 viewsCiderwithRsie

We can go up on 14:31 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’ve not read the full article, but he’s done personal fluff pieces in the Atlantic before hasn’t he?

This feels like a MP style media blitzkrieg cashing in on popular players. Expect Dieng up next if he hasn’t already. We won’t see Dykes of Kakay for dust.

It could be a positive, and could mean the anger has hit home.

That's my reaction, too.

Good if the club and players recognise this isn't good enough.

Means nothing if they don't deliver and, with due respect to Chair (who I have down as pretty solid on effort as well as skill) it's not enough to want it or even to try really hard, sometimes low confidence seeps into the subconscious and drags you down.

But I'd feel a lot better if I saw them trying really hard, even if it doesn't come off.
We can go up on 23:28 - Jan 12 with 1422 viewsdavman

We can go up on 22:18 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

Maybe and who could blame him for all the singling out he gets for criticism on here? First to be criticised when the team's form dips...

I keep saying, we will not know how valuable he is to us until he goes. Hopefully we'll get decent money although I did hope that he would buck the trend and stay with us, but ultimately no matter how much "love" they have for the club money will talk eventually especially when we only offer peanuts and curly wurlies for wages compared to 50%+ of our Championship rivals.

Still makes me laugh how many people think that Willock would even think about signing a new contract...

If the agent is doing what you think, good for Illias - never a more deserving player for a big money move since Eze. Just please, please, please do NOT go to that cess pit near Croydon - one was bad enough; not sure I could stomach the two of them there...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

We can go up on 23:37 - Jan 12 with 1416 viewsqueensparker

Nobody can begrudge Chair a move at this point - he’s been nothing but an excellent pro with us, our best and most consistent player for many seasons, very rarely injured, clearly loves the club and says so often, leaves it all on the pitch every game.

Good luck to him, if I was him I’d be thinking it’s time to go too.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 23:38]
We can go up on 23:51 - Jan 12 with 1392 viewsdaveB

I love Chair and would be gutted if he goes but we need to sell someone to improve the team and help the finances out so if we get a decent bid for him take it and move on
We can go up on 00:32 - Jan 13 with 1345 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We can go up on 22:18 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

With my naive and optimistic hat on, it could be sponsorship opportunities in Morocco.
We can go up on 00:42 - Jan 13 with 1338 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We can go up on 15:54 - Jan 12 by Juzzie

We are in reach still but our form is woeful at the moment (18th out of 24) so we need to turn that around sharpish and keep consistently in the top 3 form table for the rest of the season.

It's 'possible' but probably improbable.

"It's 'possible' but probably improbable."

Possibly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

We can go up on 00:46 - Jan 13 with 1320 viewsMatch82

We can go up on 13:29 - Jan 12 by Juzzie

We have 20 more games left.

Just to get into the play-offs we cannot afford to lose more than 3, maybe 4 games for the rest of the season. We then have to win at least 13 more games (we have won 10 so far) and draw no more than another 3 or 4.

we'd finish on around 78 points which is a play-off place.

That requires a 2.1 points-per-game ratio which is higher than what you'd need over the season to go up automatically.

Ain't gonna happen.

It's a weird year, there's 12 teams within 5 points of 4th.

If we are one of the best performing 3 teams out of those 12, we should be in the playoffs. Tough for sure, but not a crazy objective.
We can go up on 00:49 - Jan 13 with 1309 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Starting the year with a FA Cup defeat then hitting a mental run of wins and a playoff final when everyone‘s morale and expectations is at its lowest would be an incredibly QPR thing to do.

They don’t do easy.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 0:50]
We can go up on 01:58 - Jan 13 with 1276 viewsMatch82

We can go up on 00:49 - Jan 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Starting the year with a FA Cup defeat then hitting a mental run of wins and a playoff final when everyone‘s morale and expectations is at its lowest would be an incredibly QPR thing to do.

They don’t do easy.

If we can somehow also find a way to have something comparable to starting an international incident in a behind closed doors friendly or someone bringing a gun into the boardroom, then we'd have QPR bingo.
We can go up on 08:28 - Jan 13 with 1098 viewsslmrstid

We can go up on 00:49 - Jan 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

They don’t do easy.

Its 20 years since that remarkable post 1 January run saw us sail our way to the Millenium Stadium...

Maybe its our time

(Also, that was 20 years ago, sht the bed...)
We can go up on 08:53 - Jan 13 with 1074 viewsbaz_qpr

Chair deserves his move at 25 its now or never really if he wants to play at the top and not stagnate and he won't get in the Morocco team playing in the champ unfortunately.
We can go up on 09:06 - Jan 13 with 1060 viewsderbyhoop

We're not going to get an automatic slot but play offs are in reach. Mid table is so compacted any side making a run can reach top 6.
We probably need to win 11 out of the last 20. 21 wins = 63 pts + 7-10 draws may be enough. This year.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

We can go up on 09:09 - Jan 13 with 1061 viewsPBLOCK

We can go up on 08:53 - Jan 13 by baz_qpr

Chair deserves his move at 25 its now or never really if he wants to play at the top and not stagnate and he won't get in the Morocco team playing in the champ unfortunately.

I’d be gutted if Chair went partly because he’s a great little player and partly because my boy will be devastated. He’s 7 and has got massively into football in the last 18 months and Ilias is his first football hero really. Will be a week of mourning in our house if he goes similar to how I was when Gary Bannister left

I think there will be interest in him possibly from lower end Prem clubs but also from clubs in Europe. Obviously has Belgian connections and if a Club like Brugge came in for him and could offer European football it would be hard for him to say no
We can go up on 12:11 - Jan 13 with 983 viewsDubaiR

But you know what's going to happen, the same thing as this team, this club has done for years:

We will win Saturday because of how bad the cup was. NC dig's at he knew the issues coming in will be forgotte.

We will go on a mini run of positive results, players will forget the sound bites of hurt and putting things right and we are about 5/6 games away from another half arsed lazy performance followed by a few more and a 12th place finish.
We can go up on 16:52 - Jan 13 with 896 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley now on the comms saying same thing. A lot of pressure on tomorrow PR wise after all this dick waving.
We can go up on 17:52 - Jan 13 with 856 viewsdaveB

We can go up on 12:11 - Jan 13 by DubaiR

But you know what's going to happen, the same thing as this team, this club has done for years:

We will win Saturday because of how bad the cup was. NC dig's at he knew the issues coming in will be forgotte.

We will go on a mini run of positive results, players will forget the sound bites of hurt and putting things right and we are about 5/6 games away from another half arsed lazy performance followed by a few more and a 12th place finish.

Says a lot about how i feel at the moment that I'd take that and be quite happy with it
We can go up on 22:56 - Jan 13 with 760 viewsDamo1962

We can go up on 17:52 - Jan 13 by daveB

Says a lot about how i feel at the moment that I'd take that and be quite happy with it

Chair is a good lad...but he is over-rated. He is the least of our problems though. He is however talking out of his arse if he thinks this team is going to do anything but survive this season. Same for Dunne, who speaks very well...but then does the opposite when he crosses the white line.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024