Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refusal to share injury news 10:37 - Feb 26 with 6505 views1JD

GA is continuing his Wycombe policy of refusing to share injury news. So we won’t know if Ilias Chair is out for 6 months or 2 weeks until he re-appears in the matchday squad.

I get the logic - it may give an edge on the opposition, but on the other hand, I personally believe it is quite disrespectful to a paying fan base, who deserve to know what players are actually going to be available, before deciding to attend/pay.

I’m on record having watched Wycombe play for several years, that he must change some of his ways if he to be a success at QPR. This is one. As is his chronic late use of subs, which is another concern I have.

On the positive side, I thought the first 45 was night and day, the amount of duels we won, the increased physicality in the tackle, and overall team intensity, was vastly improved and it was great to see.

Any thoughts on the injury news policy, or am I too early to the party on this one?
Refusal to share injury news on 10:42 - Feb 26 with 4715 viewsRsinWales

If you buy into the idea of 'aggregation of marginal gains' as a route to success, keeping the opposing team in the dark does have some advantages. I'd let him carry on doing his thing.

Fair to say that we need a whole lot of other marginal gains to get somewhere near winning at the moment!
Refusal to share injury news on 10:45 - Feb 26 with 4689 viewsOldPedro

I understand to a certain extent his approach but I think he will get lots of stick from fans questioning his team selection, if we don't know the injury situation especially if someone is out for a significant period.

Also takes away another reason to listen to pre and post match interviews.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Refusal to share injury news on 10:46 - Feb 26 with 4671 viewsMedwayR

The injury news is…some of them are fit, some of them are injured, and some of them are ‘injured’.

Poll: Who’s better?

Refusal to share injury news on 10:50 - Feb 26 with 4646 viewsdmm

I too commented on this to say that although I get why he won't divulge injury news, it's information I have always looked out for and will miss.

I'm sure Ains doesn't intend to show disrespect to fans but it'll be interesting to see how long before complaints start to roll in, particularly if the likes of Roberts et al continue not to show up.
Refusal to share injury news on 10:53 - Feb 26 with 4627 viewsted_hendrix

GA can say/sing do whatever It takes to get some bloody points on the board.

These interviews are In the main boring and always stupid questions are asked.

Interviewer: "What did you think of today's performance?"

Ainsworth; "It was shit"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Refusal to share injury news on 10:56 - Feb 26 with 4609 viewsBklynRanger

I think he needs to have a distinction. If Ilias has done his hamstring, and is going to be out for a while that's something we as fans should know.

Did I read correctly that he went down the tunnel in tears? If so, beyond team selection, we would actually be quite worried about him.

GA doesn't have to announce exactly when he's back in or that sort of thing - fair enough on that if that's the approach.
Refusal to share injury news on 11:01 - Feb 26 with 4566 viewsdmm

Refusal to share injury news on 10:56 - Feb 26 by BklynRanger

I think he needs to have a distinction. If Ilias has done his hamstring, and is going to be out for a while that's something we as fans should know.

Did I read correctly that he went down the tunnel in tears? If so, beyond team selection, we would actually be quite worried about him.

GA doesn't have to announce exactly when he's back in or that sort of thing - fair enough on that if that's the approach.

Ian McCullough tweeted that Chair was in tears going down the tunnel. WLS are speculating it's a hammy.
Refusal to share injury news on 11:07 - Feb 26 with 4522 viewstoboboly

If thats what he wants to do then i dont have a problem with it. In the grand scheme of things is doesn't matter and if it keeps the rumour mill down it may actually be a benefit

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Refusal to share injury news on 11:35 - Feb 26 with 4389 viewsbosh67

I thought the general injury news policy here was that all players are out injured until further notice?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Refusal to share injury news on 12:32 - Feb 26 with 4242 viewsessextaxiboy

Who on earth would decide whether to "attend/pay" on the basis of who was going to be in the team ?
Refusal to share injury news on 12:47 - Feb 26 with 4168 views1JD

Refusal to share injury news on 12:32 - Feb 26 by essextaxiboy

Who on earth would decide whether to "attend/pay" on the basis of who was going to be in the team ?

Perhaps that was wrongly worded. I just feel that we as paying fans deserve to know who is available and who isn’t.

I’m not aware of any other team that does this, which isn’t to say it is right or wrong, but I suspect the higher up the leagues you go, and the bigger the club, the less the fans are going to be accepting of this.
Refusal to share injury news on 12:50 - Feb 26 with 4146 views1JD

Refusal to share injury news on 10:56 - Feb 26 by BklynRanger

This sounds like a good middle ground to me.
Refusal to share injury news on 12:51 - Feb 26 with 4138 viewsessextaxiboy

Refusal to share injury news on 12:47 - Feb 26 by 1JD

Perhaps that was wrongly worded. I just feel that we as paying fans deserve to know who is available and who isn’t.

I’m not aware of any other team that does this, which isn’t to say it is right or wrong, but I suspect the higher up the leagues you go, and the bigger the club, the less the fans are going to be accepting of this.

Maybe in the post match interview , for instance I would like to know why Armstrong wasnt involved yesterday but you must be able to see the advantage of Rotheram not knowing whether to plan for Chair or not next week .
Refusal to share injury news on 12:54 - Feb 26 with 4128 viewsHooping_Mad

Have you seen our squad?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Refusal to share injury news on 13:04 - Feb 26 with 4066 viewsstevec

If I never heard about half of those in the treatment room ever again, it’d still be too soon.
Refusal to share injury news on 13:10 - Feb 26 with 4030 viewsDannyPaddox

This reminds me of a story I’ve probably told before and here it is again. In the pub after a game I once asked an old Rs fan (even older than me) what our away support was like in the 50s and 60s. Was there a culture of away support? Did we take much? From his own experience he said he went to all the home games but if we were playing away he would check the fixtures and go to whichever ground Jimmy Greaves might be playing at. Such was his admiration for the great centre-forward. One Saturday afternoon when Greaves was a Spurs player, the Rs were away and Spurs were at home so off he travels from his home in Kilburn to White Hart Lane. A bastard of a journey (nothing changes) he told me involving a train and three buses. After queueing for a considerable amount of time and paying his money, he’s through the turnstile, and taken his place in the packed terrace. The teams are read out. No Jimmy Greaves. Fcuk that!, he says. Turns around and goes back home. I don’t want to watch bloody Tottenham!
Refusal to share injury news on 13:13 - Feb 26 with 4021 viewsdaveB

Is this any different to the last few managers and every other manager in the game, they never go into details on injuries unless it's a serious long term one
Refusal to share injury news on 13:17 - Feb 26 with 3999 views1JD

Refusal to share injury news on 13:13 - Feb 26 by daveB

Is this any different to the last few managers and every other manager in the game, they never go into details on injuries unless it's a serious long term one

Yes it is different. It’s probably too soon, but in time you will see that there is zero detail on anyones injury or when they will return. This is not the same because until now, we received injury details (hamstring, ankle, knee injury etc) and estimated time out. E.g. a short term injury - couple weeks, mid term, or serious injury, months long.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2023 13:17]
Refusal to share injury news on 13:28 - Feb 26 with 3948 viewsBushRanger82

Not sure I'm all that bothered, to be honest.
Refusal to share injury news on 14:21 - Feb 26 with 3802 viewsthame_hoops

One of the good things about the NFL is, I believe it is mandatory to name injured players, on the injury list. It obviously helps out with Vegas betting.
Refusal to share injury news on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 3779 viewsMonkey_Roots

Refusal to share injury news on 10:53 - Feb 26 by ted_hendrix

GA can say/sing do whatever It takes to get some bloody points on the board.

These interviews are In the main boring and always stupid questions are asked.

Interviewer: "What did you think of today's performance?"

Ainsworth; "It was shit"

Down voted by mistake.

Agree 100%.
Refusal to share injury news on 14:31 - Feb 26 with 3753 viewsDaBurgh

Refusal to share injury news on 11:01 - Feb 26 by dmm

Ian McCullough tweeted that Chair was in tears going down the tunnel. WLS are speculating it's a hammy.

Well this sort of defeats the object of Ainsworth staying schtum about injuries. A tweet indicating that Ilias was in tears going down the tunnel kinda let's the opposition know that he may be out for a while.
Refusal to share injury news on 14:50 - Feb 26 with 3659 viewsdmm

Refusal to share injury news on 14:31 - Feb 26 by DaBurgh

Well this sort of defeats the object of Ainsworth staying schtum about injuries. A tweet indicating that Ilias was in tears going down the tunnel kinda let's the opposition know that he may be out for a while.

Yeah, maybe. I think we could all see it looked bad when it happened but nothing will be confirmed now so no one can be sure. Unless of course someone sends a spy to the training camp Bielsa style.
Refusal to share injury news on 14:51 - Feb 26 with 3643 viewsCLAREMAN1995

This is the last thing every QPR fan wanted to see yesterday Chair going off with a hamstring.
Lost in the misery of the last few months was the 5 or 6 players running out for us every week and trying to deliver points .
Sure some of them were off form and most had poor games but they were reliable and not many people gave a second thought to the wear and tear on their bodies.
I know Dickie is struggling right now but if he and Dunne get hurt or Field etc we are completly screwed .
Its been mentioned many times but our muscle injuries are shocking what is the issue ? does anybody have any clue to stop it
Refusal to share injury news on 15:18 - Feb 26 with 3559 viewsearthdweller

QPR is so crappy right now, is “Chairs availability” really a factor when deciding to buy a ticket or club stream?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024