Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players To Keep 12:04 - May 1 with 8287 viewsNorthantsHoop

Of the starting 11 on Saturday, in my opinion we should retain Dieng, Dickie and Field as a must. Chair is an interesting one, can we get money for him or can we build a team around him, he is a great little player but can he step up and run that midfield. The other starters all need to be moved on through loan completions and sales. To me it is apparent that Willock seems to no longer want to play for QPR and possibly Ainsworth has made that decision, so extend his contract on the one year option and sell asap. Think we all know as soon as he goes he will start playing well again, but his head and heart are not in at QPR.
Players To Keep on 12:25 - May 1 with 5306 viewsbosh67

It depends if Gareth’s strategy is to pick up cheaper players from the National League and lower leagues abroad, although there is a limit on foreign players now. If we cash in it really needs to be on one or two only. Is it actually cheaper to keep most of what we have and hope a fresh season sees them push on? Most have decent experience at this level.

On Willock I still think it’s about the player not trusting his body. I can’t see that he doesn’t want to play. It’s more that his confidence is shot through the injuries.

For me the ones to keep are Dieng, Dunne, Kakay, Paal, Field, Chair, Dykes, Sinclair. Possibly Amos if he can ever get fit. Possibly Martin if he’s on low wages and I think Albert has another year anyway. Obviously some of the kids. I like Stefan but I feel his legs have gone and I am not sure about Dozzell. If Richards is staying and can get fit he is a playmaker. Salter who knows?

I’d definitely keep 8 of the senior team players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players To Keep on 12:31 - May 1 with 5275 viewsQPRConor2000

I personally think there will be a major rebuild in the summer, lots will go imo.
Players To Keep on 12:37 - May 1 with 5255 viewsdmm

We face a financial FFP crisis in the next couple of seasons. The players mentioned above are our most saleable assets. We will not only have to sell before we can afford to buy new players - and of course at basement prices - but also to stave off the penalties coming our way if we don't balance the books.

I expect all of our players to be available for sale and particularly the best of the bunch. I'll be delighted if we retain one or two of them.
Players To Keep on 12:43 - May 1 with 5209 viewsstevec

Not so much players to keep, more like who we should get rid of.

All the loans.
Richards
JCS
Amos
Dozzell
Travelman (is he still here?)
Dykes (if someone offers any kind of money)

Have I missed anyone?

Edit: Willock (sad to say)
[Post edited 1 May 2023 12:45]
Players To Keep on 12:52 - May 1 with 5162 viewsLogman

I can see Willock being sold and Shodipo brought back to replace him. I reckon GA will be good for Shodipo and he and Albert might be our wide options. Chair would be a good one to keep as he's fit and durable. I think that is really important. If we can keep Kakay, Dunne, Dickie, Field, Dykes, Paal, they are generally good for playing week in week out. We need more of them. Fit players are essential.
Players To Keep on 13:05 - May 1 with 5097 viewsRangersw12

I would keep Armstrong , Paal , Chair , Field , Dunne , Dickie and Seny

Although to be honest i won't care if all of them are sold as they've proven over the last 18 months they have a losing mentality

Would get rid of every player who's contract expires and get rid of all the loans
[Post edited 1 May 2023 13:14]
Players To Keep on 13:24 - May 1 with 5007 viewsbosh67

Players To Keep on 12:43 - May 1 by stevec

All the loans.
Richards
JCS
Amos
Dozzell

Have I missed anyone?

Richards will be with us next season if you've seen the Hoos interview, on what they term a permanent loan, whatever that is? I think his contract at Brighton runs until the end of next year, so I am guessing it is already arranged that he see's out that contract on loan here?

JCS has a 4-year deal!!!
[Post edited 1 May 2023 13:25]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players To Keep on 13:39 - May 1 with 4932 viewsterryb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that the only players out of contract are Amos, Archer, Balogen, Martin, Masterson, Owens, Shodipo & Willock. We do have a one year contract extension on Willock though.

Unless we offer any of these players a new contract, they are our only players that we can release (apart from paying someone of). All contracted players will stay unless we receive an offer that the club & player accepts.

Many posters have mentioned that we might have a fire sale. Perhaps we will, but again, this can only happen if other clubs are interested in anyone. I doubt that Rangers can afford to spend much money on signings unless they have managed to receive those funds & there are limited players we have that would qualify for this.

Based on my thoughts & no knowledge, I would think that Dykes is our most saleable asset having maintained his valuation this season. Field is certainly the player that has increased in value the most, while Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Chair & Willock have decreased considerably.

Apart from these seven, transfer fees received will not pay for any new players.
Login to get fewer ads

Players To Keep on 14:16 - May 1 with 4812 viewsdmm

Players To Keep on 13:39 - May 1 by terryb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that the only players out of contract are Amos, Archer, Balogen, Martin, Masterson, Owens, Shodipo & Willock. We do have a one year contract extension on Willock though.

Unless we offer any of these players a new contract, they are our only players that we can release (apart from paying someone of). All contracted players will stay unless we receive an offer that the club & player accepts.

Many posters have mentioned that we might have a fire sale. Perhaps we will, but again, this can only happen if other clubs are interested in anyone. I doubt that Rangers can afford to spend much money on signings unless they have managed to receive those funds & there are limited players we have that would qualify for this.

Based on my thoughts & no knowledge, I would think that Dykes is our most saleable asset having maintained his valuation this season. Field is certainly the player that has increased in value the most, while Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Chair & Willock have decreased considerably.

Apart from these seven, transfer fees received will not pay for any new players.

You can add Charlie Owens, Elijah Dixon-Bonner and Aaron Drewe to the list, all of whom had first-team squad numbers.

Then there's Charlie Kelman and Stephen Duke McKenna though neither have had a first team squad number this year. Joe Walsh is another one, though there is a club option for a further year on his contract. I think all 3 will be released.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 14:19]
Players To Keep on 15:14 - May 1 with 4650 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The entire squad is, literally, up for sale. As has been reported on here numerous times FFP is going to be breached next year without a massive reduction in wages.
It would be nice to keep Dieng, Field, Chair, but they are probably all going to go to other championship teams.
Players To Keep on 15:45 - May 1 with 4557 viewsderbyhoop

Any body out of contract is likely to be released. Maybe 1/2 exceptions, depending on what else happens.
If we get a decent fee for Dieng, Field, Chair, Willock, Dykes they'll be sold. Not all 5, but we'll not turn.down sensible bids.
Richards to join on perm deal.
Wouldn't be averse to Lowe as well. Depends on wages.
Major recruitment drive. Poss some PL cast offs. L1 and below + overseas players nobody on here has heard of.
Football league world suggested Ashley Barnes (33), Daniel Ayala (32) and Danny Ward (31). Nice to see reporters (sic!) so far off the mark.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Players To Keep on 15:54 - May 1 with 4527 viewsMedwayR

I could see someone like Burnley coming in for Chair, maybe we'd try to get Twine as part of the deal if that did happen.

I think Dieng will get sold and maybe Dykes too. No idea what will happen with Willock, gut feel is he'll sign a new contract and we'll see how he goes next season.

I can't see many of those out of contract staying, I'd guess Walsh will as he was brought in as a long-term prospect and is still very young for a GK. We could do with a few of those with 1yr left on their contracts going too - Johansen, Adomah for example.

Poll: Who’s better?

Players To Keep on 16:00 - May 1 with 4514 viewsBAWHoops

I would sell every single one of them.

All of them have been part of two absolutely gutless collapses across the last 18 months and however talented they may be as individuals (Field, Chair, Dieng) as a group they are absolutely awful.
If an offer comes in for ANY of them we should get rid. If it's a Lg1 club for Kakay or a Prem club for Dieng... get rid.
This squad are hopeless, and say that as someone who loves a lot of them individually

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Players To Keep on 16:09 - May 1 with 4494 viewsfrancisbowles

Players To Keep on 12:43 - May 1 by stevec

All the loans.
Richards
JCS
Amos
Dozzell

Have I missed anyone?

Well Stevec, we are committed to buying Richards, so we have to 'sort him out' and try and make him our outstanding talent. JCS is one year into a contract and has been constantly injured, so just who is going to take him off our hands? Again we have to work with him. Armstrong another we have to get fitter than being available for an odd cameo.

The rest of the squad are all up for sale or will be released. We have to find approx £10 million from somewhere. Unlikely to raise that in transfer fees, so we have to drive our wage bill down by releasing and replacing with cheaper.
Players To Keep on 16:09 - May 1 with 4491 viewskensalriser

Players To Keep on 12:52 - May 1 by Logman

I can see Willock being sold and Shodipo brought back to replace him. I reckon GA will be good for Shodipo and he and Albert might be our wide options. Chair would be a good one to keep as he's fit and durable. I think that is really important. If we can keep Kakay, Dunne, Dickie, Field, Dykes, Paal, they are generally good for playing week in week out. We need more of them. Fit players are essential.

Kinell, Shodipo?

38 appearances, no goals and five loans none of them to Championship clubs.

The message I'm getting loud and clear is he's not good enough for this level.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players To Keep on 16:14 - May 1 with 4474 viewsTonto

If anyone offers serious money for any of our players rhey are off. Reality.

So its not so much which players do we want to stay, more which players do other clubs want.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Players To Keep on 16:48 - May 1 with 4351 viewsaston_hoop

On this, will the club announce some releases before the end of the season? Most I doubt people will care about but I think at least giving Adomah a proper send off from the fans is fair enough

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Players To Keep on 16:53 - May 1 with 4333 viewsterryb

Players To Keep on 16:48 - May 1 by aston_hoop

On this, will the club announce some releases before the end of the season? Most I doubt people will care about but I think at least giving Adomah a proper send off from the fans is fair enough

Adomah has another year on his contract. The club can't release him without agreeing a settlement with him.
Players To Keep on 17:03 - May 1 with 4306 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rayan Kolli

The grass is always greener.

Players To Keep on 17:11 - May 1 with 4261 viewsBrianWilson

Players To Keep on 16:09 - May 1 by kensalriser

Kinell, Shodipo?

38 appearances, no goals and five loans none of them to Championship clubs.

The message I'm getting loud and clear is he's not good enough for this level.

yeah but Albert on the other wing will make up for him.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Players To Keep on 17:12 - May 1 with 4260 viewsaston_hoop

Players To Keep on 16:53 - May 1 by terryb

Adomah has another year on his contract. The club can't release him without agreeing a settlement with him.

I might be wrong but think there is a Charlie Austin style get out at the end of this season. Was intimated at on WLS anyway

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Players To Keep on 17:17 - May 1 with 4247 viewsngbqpr

Players To Keep on 16:00 - May 1 by BAWHoops

I would sell every single one of them.

All of them have been part of two absolutely gutless collapses across the last 18 months and however talented they may be as individuals (Field, Chair, Dieng) as a group they are absolutely awful.
If an offer comes in for ANY of them we should get rid. If it's a Lg1 club for Kakay or a Prem club for Dieng... get rid.
This squad are hopeless, and say that as someone who loves a lot of them individually

Very harsh on Chair / Dieng / Field imho.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Players To Keep on 17:24 - May 1 with 4216 viewsBrianWilson

Players To Keep on 17:17 - May 1 by ngbqpr

Very harsh on Chair / Dieng / Field imho.

Think we need to look at what players will suit the managers plans next year. I don't think Chair or Willock will want to stay.

Kakay
Dunne
Paal
Field
Dykes
Armstrong

Give him a budget to build his own team. Then we can start all over again in November

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Players To Keep on 18:36 - May 1 with 4018 viewsterryb

Players To Keep on 17:12 - May 1 by aston_hoop

I might be wrong but think there is a Charlie Austin style get out at the end of this season. Was intimated at on WLS anyway

You may be right aston. I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere & so apologies if I was wrong.
Players To Keep on 18:52 - May 1 with 3975 viewsLordPork

It's not until you ponder this list of miscreants that you realise what a job GA has done to get any kind of tune out of them.

Further, there must be some kind of strategy to insure we don't have such a huge raft of players up for despatch at every end of the season slot
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024