Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF It's over - Match Thread 12:53 - May 7 with 28713 viewsdavman

So I might be the only one who can't make tomorrow, so let's start a pointless Match Thread.

The team selection will be interesting. Ainsworth intimated that players who have not had minutes will get some, but who?

Willock maybe, but why play him now? Roberts? Only if we really are going to be signing him. Richards? Again, if we're signing him anyway, what's the point now? Armstrong? Most probably? Drewe? Had time, not good enough IMO. JCS - got to prove he can do 90 without incidence, surely? Owens? Hahahahahahahahahaha.... Mahoney? Maybe if Seny is off? Those "stars" (stop laughing at the back) in the B team? Dozzell / Johansen - possibly, but Ainsworth ball doesn't work well for them.

Or is it all a bluff and we get a 4-4-2 with Dykes and Martin upfront?

I think it'll be huff and puff and a defeat to finish our record breaking home form we've seen this season...

Have fun all you lucky people who will be there...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:03 - May 8 with 2547 viewsOldPedro

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:58 - May 8 by Stanisgod

Really?

We finished with 16 shots, 0 on target according to the BBC. City had 8 shots, 2 on target

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:05 - May 8 with 2496 viewsMatch82

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:58 - May 8 by Stanisgod

Really?

Bit surprised none of those shots which all seemed goalbound in that mad 30 second period counted as shots on target but oh well.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:08 - May 8 with 2406 viewsDamo1962

Perfect way to end a truly shameful season of football at LR. If those in charge don't feel ashamed as well...then they need to go. Next season is going to be wretched. Now back to more useful ways to spend my time.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:12 - May 8 with 2377 viewsdistortR

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:42 - May 8 by traininvain

Likewise. The football is barely scraping agricultural whatever some on here would have you believe.

Big decision for the owners. Can they really back Ainsworth this summer based upon what we’ve seen so far. And what happens if they back him with signings to play this style of football but it doesn’t work and he’s gone mid season.

Hope I’m revisiting this post in 6-9 months time and eating my words but I’d be inclined to move him on.

They have to stick with him really, surely part of the (Il)logic of appointing him has to be that they feel he can build a 'competitive' team on a budget of f'ck all.

But that line up today, no sign of the 'kids', we had to win to justify that. But we didn't, because we are dire. Martin and Dykes up top, ffs. An aside, the better chances fell to Martin, because of his movement. We were very fortunate to take 6 points from the previous 2 matches, 1 would have been in keeping with our performances, imho. But we did

Other clubs will surely be in for Field and Chair, possibly Dykes and Dieng, and we will be left with very little quality.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:16 - May 8 with 2271 viewsDamo1962

TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:03 - May 8 by OldPedro

We finished with 16 shots, 0 on target according to the BBC. City had 8 shots, 2 on target

Another shameful statistic to add to the already long list. What a way to reward the superb support today🙄
TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:17 - May 8 with 2292 viewsthemodfather

well we stayed up, but today was woeful, a muted full house and very little to excite. packed bars, concourses and everywhere proves HQ cannot cope .
big clear out needed and expectations will be lowered methinks or need to be. we must control the losses and get players who will want to be here and fight for the shirt.
thank ferk we saved ourselves last week and not needed anything today
TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:26 - May 8 with 2188 viewsQPROslo

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:18 - May 8 by E15Hoop

That was poor defending from us. We all seemed to stop and just wait for a non-existent offside flag. Real shame, as the defending in general has been so much better these last few weeks.

Paal missing at the back post for both goals plus in trying to let the ball go over the bi-line for a GK he gave it away which could have been a 3rd. Poor defending him from him today.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:31 - May 8 with 2126 viewsSonofpugwash

Well it's going to be a long old summer.
Hope you all have a nice holiday in the sun somewhere and recharge the batteries.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:35 - May 8 with 2095 viewscorse

Well we can expect more of that dross to be served next season. I ve said it before and say it again and I do sound like a broken record yes but should have never replaced Critchley with this. Ainsworth...my a.s.s.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:43 - May 8 with 1996 viewsRuislipHoop

TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:35 - May 8 by corse

Well we can expect more of that dross to be served next season. I ve said it before and say it again and I do sound like a broken record yes but should have never replaced Critchley with this. Ainsworth...my a.s.s.

👍
TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:45 - May 8 with 1985 viewstraininvain

TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:12 - May 8 by distortR

They have to stick with him really, surely part of the (Il)logic of appointing him has to be that they feel he can build a 'competitive' team on a budget of f'ck all.

But that line up today, no sign of the 'kids', we had to win to justify that. But we didn't, because we are dire. Martin and Dykes up top, ffs. An aside, the better chances fell to Martin, because of his movement. We were very fortunate to take 6 points from the previous 2 matches, 1 would have been in keeping with our performances, imho. But we did

Other clubs will surely be in for Field and Chair, possibly Dykes and Dieng, and we will be left with very little quality.

I think you’re right re first paragraph and it’d probably be a bit harsh to get rid of Ainsworth after staying up. But I just don’t see it getting any better under him. I actually see things getting a lot worse. Like I say, hope I’m completely wrong.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:46 - May 8 with 1962 viewstraininvain

TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:48 - May 8 with 1947 viewsjoe90

Fitting end to a sh1t season.

Can’t believe it was a sell out.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 19:24 - May 8 with 1764 viewsBushRanger82

Thank God that's over.
Shame they let their heads drop after conceding the first goal. Ensured we'd get beat.

A veritable sea change needed for next season.

Actually can't wait to see if it comes about.

Won't hold my breath, though.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 20:03 - May 8 with 1594 viewsBedford_R

TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:48 - May 8 by joe90

Fitting end to a sh1t season.

Can’t believe it was a sell out.

It might have been a sell out by I was not there. Been a season ticket holder for 22 years and this was the first last home game I have ever missed.

I just had a feeling that after Burnley and Stoke that we would revert to type at home and I was right. Watched the game on the stream whilst keeping an eye on the Millwall and West Brom games for entertainment.

Thank god this crappy season is over. I just hope next season is better but I doubt it unless something fundamental changes from top to bottom.

RMH_R Reborn

TF It's over - Match Thread on 20:26 - May 8 with 1491 viewsAndybrat

When I saw the team I thought this is a double bluff as like others I thought he would give Dixon-Bonner a chance and Taylor / Sinclair at least on the bench. Wondering if he just wanted to prove to us the “seniors” are not good enough so no choice we have to twist not stick. Ilias looked so pissed off in the 1st half. Our little block in the Stan stand all committed to season tickets, we actually do have the faith. Don’t want to sell Sam though
TF It's over - Match Thread on 20:39 - May 8 with 1417 viewsslmrstid

In a way it was a fittingly crap end to a crap season.

Happy summer all, I'll be around on LFW but quite happy to switch off from real football for 3 months now!
TF It's over - Match Thread on 20:42 - May 8 with 1401 viewsRsinWales

The first 30 minutes was OK, I thought. But once the first goal went in the team disintegrated. All of the pressing stopped, the belief drained away, and mistakes started happening all over the place.

It really makes me wonder if it is possible to rebuild with so many players who seem to lack resilience. Winning and losing can become habitual, and I think that (the last two games aside), we expect to lose.

We started both halves 'hoping' to win. but there is so little belief. I think it's easy to see why in a team that struggles to score and creates so little of real substance.

I would not know where to start putting all of this right!
TF It's over - Match Thread on 21:15 - May 8 with 1267 viewsHooparoo

Why the hell would we put out a team like that on the last day at home in a game that was meaningless? No shots on target is a disgrace. All you poor buggers who paid to watch that should get your ticket refunded.

I can’t figure out whether Gareth is naive or just stupid 🤷🏻‍♂️
What a mess!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 21:26 - May 8 with 1213 viewsjoe90

TF It's over - Match Thread on 20:03 - May 8 by Bedford_R

It might have been a sell out by I was not there. Been a season ticket holder for 22 years and this was the first last home game I have ever missed.

I just had a feeling that after Burnley and Stoke that we would revert to type at home and I was right. Watched the game on the stream whilst keeping an eye on the Millwall and West Brom games for entertainment.

Thank god this crappy season is over. I just hope next season is better but I doubt it unless something fundamental changes from top to bottom.

Bloody ridiculous! Couldn’t believe the turn out today. I guess some of our fans can only make the odd game here and there? There’s been slim pickings this season, we’ll post World Cup.

I naively thought we’d try and sign off the season with a home win, but how stupid was I for thinking that?

A limp end to a rubbish season.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 21:27 - May 8 with 1206 viewsterryb

Apart from a five minute period, we were as poor as we were against Birmingham & Bristol City coasted for everry second of the game.

The only highlight was the applause around the ground in the 14th minute.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 00:12 - May 9 with 992 viewsqpr_1968

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:27 - May 7 by qpr_1968

5-3 to the r's.

i meant fulham v leicester .

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

TF It's over - Match Thread on 01:36 - May 9 with 944 viewsVancouverHoop

But once the first goal went in the team disintegrated. All of the pressing stopped, the belief drained away, and mistakes started happening all over the place.

This is the biggest issue. Hasn't made a scrap difference who the coach is, this collection of players have the collective backbone of a dead squid, and all the resilience of a piece of wet bog roll.

Maybe it's a dressing-room issue, as Dobbo has intimated, which is where Martin and Adomah are potential leaders. Trouble is leadership has to be evident on the pitch too, and neither of them show it there. I'm actually really surprised professional football players need to be nannied so much. They're not children, but their sulky reactions often seem infantile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024