Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF It's over - Match Thread 12:53 - May 7 with 29102 viewsdavman

So I might be the only one who can't make tomorrow, so let's start a pointless Match Thread.

The team selection will be interesting. Ainsworth intimated that players who have not had minutes will get some, but who?

Willock maybe, but why play him now? Roberts? Only if we really are going to be signing him. Richards? Again, if we're signing him anyway, what's the point now? Armstrong? Most probably? Drewe? Had time, not good enough IMO. JCS - got to prove he can do 90 without incidence, surely? Owens? Hahahahahahahahahaha.... Mahoney? Maybe if Seny is off? Those "stars" (stop laughing at the back) in the B team? Dozzell / Johansen - possibly, but Ainsworth ball doesn't work well for them.

Or is it all a bluff and we get a 4-4-2 with Dykes and Martin upfront?

I think it'll be huff and puff and a defeat to finish our record breaking home form we've seen this season...

Have fun all you lucky people who will be there...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:02 - May 8 with 2879 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well that was utter, utter shite!

Have a good summer and come on the Lionesses...see you in August!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:03 - May 8 with 2843 viewsDorse

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:02 - May 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Well that was utter, utter shite!

Have a good summer and come on the Lionesses...see you in August!

Must...not...make...inappropriate...joke....

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:03 - May 8 with 2826 viewsdavman

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:19 - May 8 by hoops_legend

Bristol are absolutely pony and we are even worse

That is the story of this season. Average teams full of average players just turn up and rip us a new one. Bristol C always had an option for pass on the ball; we rely on someone to beat their man as the passing avenues are closed down.

No attacking threat whatsoever and no-one getting pssd off and clattering through the oppo when they start taking the pss, which happens all too often with this team full of the "right sorts" (C) Les Ferdinand that we continue to employ.

Really poor set of players with completely the wrong attitude to be a competitive sports team. Wouldn't miss any single one of them if they all fcked off except maybe Field and Chair.

Useless today, useless since October.

Disgrace to a man.

Can we go out yet?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:09 - May 8 with 2637 viewsjtuck

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:53 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Chair deserves better than to be played out of position anyway.

Too right. Always isolated when he gets ball. Stone Age 4-4-2.

LAranger

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:10 - May 8 with 2617 viewsdavman

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:57 - May 8 by MelakaRanger

I’ve thought both Lowe and Amos performances today were less than half arsed! We won’t miss either of them next season

This club will renew Amos AGAIN, won't they? They'll still believe that they can get him fit - he should be the first to pack his bags; we're going to need Barbet and Dickies in terms of availability rather than Roberts, Amos, JCS, etc.

Richards though HAS to be something going on - wonder if the fee went up depending on how many games he played?

Just as much as I wanted this season out of the way, I want the summer out of the way so that I can see what I'm going to have to moan at all through next season..,

What do you think that the chances are that the hierarchy are going to speak to us about their plans in the next couple of weeks?

Silence ahead of the Season Ticket sales and no changes at DoF and Academy Level might be on the cards.

They MUST realise that something has to change, surely????

Can we go out yet?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:12 - May 8 with 2552 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy the summer everyone.

See you in August! x
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:13 - May 8 with 2537 viewsE15Hoop

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:03 - May 8 by davman

That is the story of this season. Average teams full of average players just turn up and rip us a new one. Bristol C always had an option for pass on the ball; we rely on someone to beat their man as the passing avenues are closed down.

No attacking threat whatsoever and no-one getting pssd off and clattering through the oppo when they start taking the pss, which happens all too often with this team full of the "right sorts" (C) Les Ferdinand that we continue to employ.

Really poor set of players with completely the wrong attitude to be a competitive sports team. Wouldn't miss any single one of them if they all fcked off except maybe Field and Chair.

Useless today, useless since October.

Disgrace to a man.

I think there's a fair amount of overreaction going on here to be honest.
However, the forward play was disjointed today - no doubt about that. We had a good few opportunities at the start of the second half, but worringly, we seemed to run out of legs, whilst CIty's substitutions gave renewed direction and pace.
Defensively, we looked solid until that first goal, and the second was ridiculous. Such a shame after how much we'd improved that area of the play in recent games.
Willock looked frustrated, but also still off the pace. How we don't get a pen for that push on Dickie is beyond me, but the ref wasn't even looking (as usual).
Whichever way it went, there was always going to have be rebuilding work to do in the summer.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:13 - May 8 with 2512 viewsJAPRANGERS

Watched that, utter crap!

What happened to the running on the pitch and the lap of dishonour?
Login to get fewer ads

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:14 - May 8 with 2496 viewsstevec

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:12 - May 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy the summer everyone.

See you in August! x

Whoa, hold on, anyone stay for the lap of dishonour?
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:16 - May 8 with 2398 viewsstainrods_elbow

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:58 - May 8 by joolsyp

Really considering not renewing my QPR+ next season if this is any indication of the way we're going to play. I hate seeing us sit back and give the opposition all the time in the world to pass around us, especially at home! We're too slow to hit any team on the break so it just becomes endless possession conceded. Ainsworth will probably say that he doesn't have the players to play a high tempo pressing game but realistically who are we going to bring in on next to no budget?

What a depressing end to a depressing season. Player of the season should have been the fans who turn up home and away week after week, they've been superb and deserve far far better than this.

If Ainsworth really cared about the support and had some guts, he'd come out and say exactly this!

Here's his interview text I wrote earlier: 'If you take out Reading's points deduction, we effectively stayed up by a single point. One thing I do know: the team doesn't deserve these fans. A full house today to watch that turgid shite - I'm grateful and ashamed. We're the spawniest team in the land. I can count who I'd want to keep on the fingers of one hand.'

What he will say: 'These boys are warriors. They've given me everything. Things didn't quite drop for us today, and that's been the story of our season. But they got what they deserved, and that's all that matters. Wild Thing? They make my heart sing!'

OK, we stayed up, well f*cking done, let's turn the town blue and white! Now get out my sight the lot of you!
[Post edited 8 May 2023 17:37]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:20 - May 8 with 2357 viewsDorse

We stayed up! Let's paint the town beige! A swift half then bed!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:21 - May 8 with 2329 viewsdavman

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:13 - May 8 by E15Hoop

I think there's a fair amount of overreaction going on here to be honest.
However, the forward play was disjointed today - no doubt about that. We had a good few opportunities at the start of the second half, but worringly, we seemed to run out of legs, whilst CIty's substitutions gave renewed direction and pace.
Defensively, we looked solid until that first goal, and the second was ridiculous. Such a shame after how much we'd improved that area of the play in recent games.
Willock looked frustrated, but also still off the pace. How we don't get a pen for that push on Dickie is beyond me, but the ref wasn't even looking (as usual).
Whichever way it went, there was always going to have be rebuilding work to do in the summer.

But, the fact that we disintegrated after that first goal is the worrying thing. This game had NOTHING on it, no pressure, nothing to lose confidence about and yet this lot managed to fall apart just because they went one nil down.

City could have scored whatever they wanted to today; as a team, we were royally shot and there is no excuse for that. If I am over-reacting about a game that meant nothing, maybe, but I am not overreacting from what I have seen this year.

I was there at Blackpool and am convinced that it has broken me as far as this team is concerned - there are teams I have seen in L1 (Ipswich, Sheff W, Derby, Plymouth), L2 (Orient, Stevenage, Northampton) and the National League (Wrexham, Notts Co.) who I would not trust this lot to beat in any way other than sitting back hoping that one of their chances don't go in so that we can sneak a 1-0 or a 2-1.

As Clive says often, it feels like this team needs to sht out a washing machine to scrape a win whereas the oppo simply needs to turn up to take three points.

Maybe I am overreacting, but since October, statistically and visually we have been one of the worst teams the Championship has seen - sugar coat it all you want, but that's the fact...

Can we go out yet?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:21 - May 8 with 2312 viewsRangersw12

Can someone remind GA that it's not 1989 and playing 442 isn't the way to win games in the Championship at home .

Bristol barley got out of 2nd gear , cut us to pieces at times and could of scored at will

No shots on target and only 38% possession
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:25 - May 8 with 2241 viewsMalintabuk

Words can not describe the feeling I have now about this............the only positive is that I'm back to work tomorrow so this will not spoil a weekend
As I was walking out of SA I nearly had a ruck............there was a lad clapping.........Fcuking clapping............and being me had to tell him to have a word with himself.......which never went down too well
I'm a 68 year old man and this shower have reduced me to having a go at a fellow R...........absolutely fuming over this.
Entertainment, bloody entertainment give me a break............this is the least entertaining thing I have done in my life, and I still go back for more..........
Not sure who was in the VIP seats but a few of the lads were giving them pelters on the way out............
Where on earth do we go from here?
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:25 - May 8 with 2241 viewsPaddyhoops

Only one loser after the first Brizzle goal.
Second half a microcosm of our season.
Did anyone stay for a possible lap of dishonour?
I booed at full time and am currently at West Ruislip. So no idea.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:28 - May 8 with 2146 viewsdavman

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:25 - May 8 by Malintabuk

Words can not describe the feeling I have now about this............the only positive is that I'm back to work tomorrow so this will not spoil a weekend
As I was walking out of SA I nearly had a ruck............there was a lad clapping.........Fcuking clapping............and being me had to tell him to have a word with himself.......which never went down too well
I'm a 68 year old man and this shower have reduced me to having a go at a fellow R...........absolutely fuming over this.
Entertainment, bloody entertainment give me a break............this is the least entertaining thing I have done in my life, and I still go back for more..........
Not sure who was in the VIP seats but a few of the lads were giving them pelters on the way out............
Where on earth do we go from here?

Leslie and Lee were there (with Clive Wilson I think...).

The Owners appear to have abandoned us...

Can we go out yet?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:30 - May 8 with 2089 viewsMalintabuk

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:28 - May 8 by davman

Leslie and Lee were there (with Clive Wilson I think...).

The Owners appear to have abandoned us...

Well if LF was there he is a braver person than me.........
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:32 - May 8 with 2026 viewsaston_hoop

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:58 - May 8 by joolsyp

Really considering not renewing my QPR+ next season if this is any indication of the way we're going to play. I hate seeing us sit back and give the opposition all the time in the world to pass around us, especially at home! We're too slow to hit any team on the break so it just becomes endless possession conceded. Ainsworth will probably say that he doesn't have the players to play a high tempo pressing game but realistically who are we going to bring in on next to no budget?

What a depressing end to a depressing season. Player of the season should have been the fans who turn up home and away week after week, they've been superb and deserve far far better than this.

I'm going to go monthly next season rather than buy in one block at the beginning of the season. If it's like this, I don't want to waste time watching full games. Will catch the highlights after if needs be.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:34 - May 8 with 1972 viewsWegerles_Stairs

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:10 - May 8 by davman

This club will renew Amos AGAIN, won't they? They'll still believe that they can get him fit - he should be the first to pack his bags; we're going to need Barbet and Dickies in terms of availability rather than Roberts, Amos, JCS, etc.

Richards though HAS to be something going on - wonder if the fee went up depending on how many games he played?

Just as much as I wanted this season out of the way, I want the summer out of the way so that I can see what I'm going to have to moan at all through next season..,

What do you think that the chances are that the hierarchy are going to speak to us about their plans in the next couple of weeks?

Silence ahead of the Season Ticket sales and no changes at DoF and Academy Level might be on the cards.

Hopefully they're selling up and we'll be rid of the lot of them, hoofball included.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 17:36]
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:34 - May 8 with 1968 viewsWegerles_Stairs

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:10 - May 8 by davman

Hopefully they're selling up and we'll be rid of the lot of them, hoofball included.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:35 - May 8 with 1977 viewsBrianMcCarthy

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:09 - May 8 by jtuck

Too right. Always isolated when he gets ball. Stone Age 4-4-2.

I watched him as much as possible in the second half and he was stuck out there, welded to the left sideline, as we attacked down the right. Our best horse, stuck in a stable.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 17:35]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:42 - May 8 with 1851 viewstraininvain

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:32 - May 8 by aston_hoop

I'm going to go monthly next season rather than buy in one block at the beginning of the season. If it's like this, I don't want to waste time watching full games. Will catch the highlights after if needs be.

Likewise. The football is barely scraping agricultural whatever some on here would have you believe.

Big decision for the owners. Can they really back Ainsworth this summer based upon what we’ve seen so far. And what happens if they back him with signings to play this style of football but it doesn’t work and he’s gone mid season.

Hope I’m revisiting this post in 6-9 months time and eating my words but I’d be inclined to move him on.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:47 - May 8 with 1784 viewsNorthantsHoop

TF It's over - Match Thread on 13:16 - May 7 by NorthantsHoop

I will be there but think this game has draw written all over it. If we go a goal behind not much confidence that we will actually even do that, a result in our favour requires us to get in front, go behind and our bunch of under achievers go into a sulk and usually land up conceding more. It has been a massive hard watch at home this season and not really expecting anything different tomorrow. Pleased that Gareth has managed to keep us up and he deserves a re-build for next season.

There we go the lot of them are bunch of sulkers who huff and puff and create nothing. As soon as Bristol City scored game was over and sat there until 90th minute watching a bunch of disjointed losers in our sacred blue and white hoops.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:58 - May 8 with 1618 viewsStanisgod

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:29 - May 8 by derbyhoop

11 attempts on goal, which is an improvement. NONE on target, which isnt.

Really?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

TF It's over - Match Thread on 18:03 - May 8 with 2575 viewsOldPedro

TF It's over - Match Thread on 17:58 - May 8 by Stanisgod

Really?

We finished with 16 shots, 0 on target according to the BBC. City had 8 shots, 2 on target

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024