Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you ever sit near a famous face 22:30 - Jun 17 with 5550 viewsnumptydumpty

Michael Gove springs to mind. Sean Walsh also think he has season ticket.

Any ex players. See Kevin Gallen in SAR quite randomly.

Couple seasons ago randomly sat next to Tjaron Cherry.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 22:36 - Jun 17 with 4186 viewsBoston

Loftus Rd, or any stadium / venue?
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 22:36]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 23:09 - Jun 17 with 4098 viewscolinallcars

My in-laws are from up north and always accuse me of name-dropping. But living in London you're always likely to bump into someone famous.
I came out of the Builders (as was ), in King St. Hammersmith one night and a woman rushed up and said “ can you help this man, you'll know him “.
I went over and it was John le Mesurier, who'd clearly shaken hands with John Barleycorn, trying to stand up.
He said, just like Sergeant Wilson, “ I'm awfully sorry “.
Then a posh lady came along and said “ thank you so much for helping, I know him and will take him home “.
They headed off down Hammersmith Grove.
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 23:09 - Jun 17 with 4096 viewsloftboy

Pete Doherty away at palace 2010/11
Mick Jones the clash has a season ticket in F block
Graham Poll sometimes sits in the west Paddock
Alastair Campbell was visible in the school end against Burnley a few years back

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 23:39 - Jun 17 with 4057 viewsRs_Holy

Frank Skinner in the South Africa road Stand when we played West Brom 2010
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 23:56 - Jun 17 with 4040 viewsBluce_Ree

Was sat by Mick Jones once.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 00:15 - Jun 18 with 4016 viewsHAYESBOY

Sat near Lee Cook away at Chelsea in the League Cup.

Unfortunately sat near Toby Young once.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 00:17 - Jun 18 with 4014 viewsDWQPR

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 23:09 - Jun 17 by colinallcars

My in-laws are from up north and always accuse me of name-dropping. But living in London you're always likely to bump into someone famous.
I came out of the Builders (as was ), in King St. Hammersmith one night and a woman rushed up and said “ can you help this man, you'll know him “.
I went over and it was John le Mesurier, who'd clearly shaken hands with John Barleycorn, trying to stand up.
Then a posh lady came along and said “ thank you so much for helping, I know him and will take him home “.

John Le Mesurier was a customer in Dad’s shop when he used to stay in BBC lodgings whilst working at the Television Centre. He was like Corporal Wilson in real life and evident he played his part by being himself. Other than that used to sit next to Michael Nyman during the first season we got relegated to Division One in 1996. See Sean Walshe often as he sits towards the back in G block, Robert Elms down the front in G block and stood next to Mick Jones in the SAR bogs once.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 07:46 - Jun 18 with 3809 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was sat in the players bar with Alan McDonald & Ian Stewart during an Aldershot game once and regularly used to see Macca & Tony Roberts.at Yeading when Andy Impey & Lee Charles were playing. I also sit next to Dave Thomas regularly.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 09:19 - Jun 18 with 3603 viewsstevec

Spoken a couple of times in SAR and outside the ground to a bloke who could have been Robert Elms but didn’t look quite the same as his publicity photos. Nice fella, hair less bouffant.

Has he got a lookalike down the R’s?
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 09:34 - Jun 18 with 3581 viewsHAMRanger

Does Hugh Pym count?
I've seen him a few times (Ellerslie Rd)
Talked to once at half time. Seems like a really nice guy. Very tall.
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 09:38 - Jun 18 with 3575 viewsenfieldargh

Bruce Welch of The Shadows had a season ticket for a few years 70's- early 80's. He sat in front of me.
Mickey Most came to a few games and sat next to him. Two fellas from RAK Records had 2 or 3 ST's (a father and son. Dad I think was called Clive and his son John).

Clive Whittingham, he's famous

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 10:04 - Jun 18 with 3520 viewsPeterHucker

I chatted to Mick Jones in the Blue & White Bar a few times, also he was sat in the seat directly in front of mine at Charlton away once.
Seen Robert Elms & Seann Walsh quite a few times.
Sat near the actual real Peter Hucker at an away game a couple of years ago, I think it was Forest but not sure. Had a chat with him at half time.
Right at the start of our season in the Premier League with Warnock in charge, we were playing away at Wigan.
The lady sat next to me started chatting with me before the match and it turns out she is Paddy Kenny's mum. What a nice mum he has, she was so proud of him.
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 10:23 - Jun 18 with 3490 viewsQPRSteve

Labour's Lord Gould and his daughter used to sit in the same row as me at the back of the Loft. Always turned up late.
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 10:48 - Jun 18 with 3423 viewsNorthernr

Seann's got the worst seat in the whole ground, poor bstrd.
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:13 - Jun 18 with 3355 viewsDannyPaddox

More unkempt than famous. QPRXTC. Far away enough but still as intimidating as you’d expect.
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:46 - Jun 18 with 3306 viewsbosh67

Mick Jagger sat behind me years ago against Utd. He's a Utd fan apparently. * He got a coffee at half time, took a sip, scowled and asked if anyone has any brown sugar?

* That last but may not have happened.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:49 - Jun 18 with 3302 viewslosethedrum

Saw Sam Parkin in SAR stand at the Norwich midweek game .
Paul & darnell furlong used to sit together at the back of A block before Darnell was a regular first teamer .
Has anyone ever seen Albert Adomah at a game home or away ?
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:54 - Jun 18 with 3292 viewsNorthernr

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:46 - Jun 18 by bosh67

Mick Jagger sat behind me years ago against Utd. He's a Utd fan apparently. * He got a coffee at half time, took a sip, scowled and asked if anyone has any brown sugar?

Little Mick Jagger story... Back in the 90s my mum taught at the primary school just behind Kew Graden tube station. They were holding a fete/bring and buy sale or some sort to raise money for a new piano for the school hall and stuck an advert for it in the Richmond and Twickenham Times (prestigious publication). Well, Jagger lived (maybe still lives) in one of those big mansions on Richmond hill next to the park and must have seen it because one day this white van rolls up at the school, out hops Mick bloody Jagger and a couple of geezers unload a massive fck off piano that he happened to have lying around and gave them for nothing.
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:56 - Jun 18 with 3285 viewsthorpebankR

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 23:09 - Jun 17 by colinallcars

John lived opposite us in Thorpebank Rd. did't take the divorce from Hattie well and demon drink took hold
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 12:09 - Jun 18 with 3252 viewsDannyPaddox

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:46 - Jun 18 by bosh67

I was at Fulham Arsenal the other month. Jagger was there. I was told he was a gooner. Obviously has sympathy for the devils (red) too.
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 14:23 - Jun 18 with 3117 viewsStanisgod

Sat opposite Dr Legg of Eastenders on the tube once.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 14:32 - Jun 18 with 3109 viewsMrSheen

Cas Pennant sat a couple behind me in Ellerslie Road once. Took West Ham’s defeat well.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2023 14:33]
Do you ever sit near a famous face on 15:27 - Jun 18 with 3037 viewsDWQPR

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 11:56 - Jun 18 by thorpebankR

John lived opposite us in Thorpebank Rd. did't take the divorce from Hattie well and demon drink took hold

Yep. John used to come into Dad’s shop on the corner of Thorpebank and Dunraven when the shop reopened in the afternoon he would be buying four cans of Special Brew.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 15:30 - Jun 18 with 3031 viewsBoston

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 14:32 - Jun 18 by MrSheen

Cas Pennant sat a couple behind me in Ellerslie Road once. Took West Ham’s defeat well.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2023 14:33]

Why didn't you ask him to fck off over to the away end?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 16:44 - Jun 18 with 2923 viewsHAMRanger

Do you ever sit near a famous face on 15:30 - Jun 18 by Boston

Why didn't you ask him to fck off over to the away end?

Yeah, why not?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024