Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Performance Director 14:05 - Jul 3 with 6761 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-appoint-director-of-performance-030723/

Don't know much about him but it seems the club are taking things seriously on the sports science side. If this helps us with injuries, bring it on

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New Performance Director on 14:16 - Jul 3 with 4537 viewscolinallcars

Blimey, what a performance…
New Performance Director on 14:17 - Jul 3 with 4535 viewswombat

can only be a good thing if it stops the weekley hamstring inuires we are getting

Poll: which is your favouite foot

New Performance Director on 14:17 - Jul 3 with 4533 viewsdannyblue

Noticed 2 things:

Confirmed plan to work with a smaller squad.

Also namechecks Ferdinand in the appointment which is interesting. Either this release was prepared before Les left and they forgot to edit it, or they still feel the need to mention for some reason...
New Performance Director on 14:24 - Jul 3 with 4479 viewsBenny_the_Ball

New Performance Director on 14:17 - Jul 3 by dannyblue

Noticed 2 things:

Also namechecks Ferdinand in the appointment which is interesting. Either this release was prepared before Les left and they forgot to edit it, or they still feel the need to mention for some reason...

The first statement is telling (if unsurprising given the budget) but the second isn't. Les only departed recently. The recruitment drive would have taken place whilst Les was still at the club and he would've been part of those discussions.
New Performance Director on 14:28 - Jul 3 with 4463 viewsMonkey_Roots

He may as well been talking in Mandarin for all the sense it made, but thank goodness GA summed it up - it's about getting players on the pitch.
New Performance Director on 14:41 - Jul 3 with 4352 viewsCheshireR

I'm not 100% certain but this does look like one of the QPR staff (he was definately called Ben) that i spoke to after an U18 game at Crewe's academy late last season (The morning of Burnley away).
When I asked who he was and he told me he was "just helping out"
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 16:06]
New Performance Director on 14:44 - Jul 3 with 4330 viewsLongsufferingR

This appointment nails it for me. All through last season I was telling anybody who would listen that having no multi-disciplinary modelling of gap analysis was where we were going wrong.
New Performance Director on 14:51 - Jul 3 with 4260 viewsDaBurgh

New Performance Director on 14:44 - Jul 3 by LongsufferingR

This appointment nails it for me. All through last season I was telling anybody who would listen that having no multi-disciplinary modelling of gap analysis was where we were going wrong.

Absolutely! With his impressive CV he appears to be the man to mind the gap. All good stuff.
Login to get fewer ads

New Performance Director on 15:11 - Jul 3 with 4162 viewsBklynRanger

Quite a lot of industry jargon, as is the modern way, but it seems like a role that's been needed.

The fact that they tell us they've had two sports science audits and an organisational effectiveness one shows they've been trying to figure out what the hell to do for a while now.

Does have the potential to put noses out of joint with the impending 'critical friend', 'check and challenge' and various other ways of framing some 'WTF?' questions, so that could get interesting.
New Performance Director on 15:23 - Jul 3 with 4071 viewsBenny_the_Ball

He can start by telling Gareth that it's ok to update fans on injuries as we're not gaining a competitive advantage by keeping schtum.
New Performance Director on 15:30 - Jul 3 with 4041 viewsdaveB

Noticed 2 things:

If he was heavily involved in the appointment they probably want that known rather than people assuming this is someone Ainsworth has brought in
New Performance Director on 15:43 - Jul 3 with 3973 viewsTacticalR

New Performance Director on 15:30 - Jul 3 by daveB

If he was heavily involved in the appointment they probably want that known rather than people assuming this is someone Ainsworth has brought in

A fine piece of Kremlinology.

Air hostess clique

New Performance Director on 15:44 - Jul 3 with 3966 viewsTacticalR

So this man is the new Minister of Joining Things Up?

Air hostess clique

New Performance Director on 15:52 - Jul 3 with 3900 viewskensalriser

What we really need is a Director of Wins.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New Performance Director on 15:56 - Jul 3 with 3861 viewsAntti_Heinola

Noticed 2 things:

well, it's not an appointment that happens in 24 hours - sounds like they've been examining things for a long while. Les was probably involved a fair bit during the process; not sure what the harm is there.

Bare bones.

New Performance Director on 16:02 - Jul 3 with 3820 viewsderbyhoop

If he can get 36 yo Geraint Thomas to cycle 180kms per day for 3 weeks, he might get 25 games per season out of Glass Salter.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New Performance Director on 16:04 - Jul 3 with 3783 viewsSheffieldHoop

New Performance Director on 16:02 - Jul 3 by derbyhoop

If he can get 36 yo Geraint Thomas to cycle 180kms per day for 3 weeks, he might get 25 games per season out of Glass Salter.

Tbf I think a key difference is that Geraint Thomas actually wants to cycle 180kms per day for 3 weeks.

Good luck trying it with the footballers, mate.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

New Performance Director on 16:15 - Jul 3 with 3749 viewsDorse

You just know that he is going to replace Les as the Fans Forum 'what exactly does he do?' question.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New Performance Director on 16:23 - Jul 3 with 3701 viewsDavieQPR

So we now have a Performance Director to go with a Head of Performance (Sam Touhy) and a First Team Performance analyst (Josh Hart) .
New Performance Director on 16:23 - Jul 3 with 3698 viewskernowhoop

Will the expected injection of pace be achieved through the use of bicycles? I wonder if the laws of the game allow us to use bikes during a match?
New Performance Director on 16:27 - Jul 3 with 3679 viewsaston_hoop

New Performance Director on 16:23 - Jul 3 by DavieQPR

So we now have a Performance Director to go with a Head of Performance (Sam Touhy) and a First Team Performance analyst (Josh Hart) .

Those roles are based around analysing opposition players, tactics etc as well as analysing our own player performances. This new guy is to do with sports science, fitness, injuries etc. So very different things as far as I can tell anyway....
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 16:28]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New Performance Director on 16:33 - Jul 3 with 3638 viewsDorse

New Performance Director on 16:27 - Jul 3 by aston_hoop

Those roles are based around analysing opposition players, tactics etc as well as analysing our own player performances. This new guy is to do with sports science, fitness, injuries etc. So very different things as far as I can tell anyway....
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 16:28]

Here he is, Directing the Performance...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New Performance Director on 16:41 - Jul 3 with 3596 viewsterryb

New Performance Director on 16:23 - Jul 3 by DavieQPR

Has anybody apart from Ferdinand left the clubs staff?

If not that is one out & three in. That won't be helping the expenditure much!
New Performance Director on 16:47 - Jul 3 with 3573 viewsdavman

Small squad is terrifying especially as it will include JCS, Gubbins, Drewe, SDM, Kelman...

*Shiver*

Small squad with good, non-injury, versatile players is one thing, but what we are going to end up with will be none of those things...

Still, it is the right thing to try as availability was PSS poor last season for whatever reason...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New Performance Director on 17:13 - Jul 3 with 3474 viewsderbyhoop

New Performance Director on 16:47 - Jul 3 by davman

Small squad is terrifying especially as it will include JCS, Gubbins, Drewe, SDM, Kelman...

*Shiver*

Small squad with good, non-injury, versatile players is one thing, but what we are going to end up with will be none of those things...

Still, it is the right thing to try as availability was PSS poor last season for whatever reason...

I think the 19 U18 and B team players, 10 from the first team squad + DOF might have a bigger impact

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024