Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report 21:28 - Aug 6 with 15627 viewsNorthernr

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report 6th Aug 2023 21:04
Everything we expected and more from the shambolic rabble that is QPR’s class of 23/24 as the R’s crash to a 4-0 defeat at Watford on the opening day – a scoreline that could have been so much worse had the home side not called off the dogs at half time. 16

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 21:58 - Aug 6 with 8409 viewsMonkey_Roots

Thanks Clive.

‘Something, somewhere, at some point needs to wake this club and these players up to itself.’

Amen.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:04 - Aug 6 with 8360 viewsOldPedro

Thanks Clive - sounds like a horror show and I fear it will get worse before it gets better. No idea how the club progress from here without wholesale changes.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:25 - Aug 6 with 8175 viewscolinallcars

Wow ! Don't spare the horses Clive !
I'd like and hope to think everyone at the club reads this report.
Bravo.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:25 - Aug 6 with 8174 viewsDejR_vu

That read like you were trying to contain it but got angrier and angrier as you were writing it.

I took the chorus of ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ as meaning why make those substitutions at all, not, why not make them earlier? It was bizarre. If Willock is behaving as suspected, he should be dropped from the squad, not benched, particularly given GA’s no D-heads rule. The thinking in putting him on with one minute of injury time to go escapes me.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:26 - Aug 6 with 8167 viewsmart_Goblin

As accurate and funny as ever .

The title alone is gold

I just can’t see anyway out of this accept a re boot and years in league 1…beyond
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:36 - Aug 6 with 8077 viewsPaddyhoops

Armstrong. A club legend and he hasn’t even scored yet.
Brilliant report .. as always.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:36 - Aug 6 with 8067 viewsWegerles_Stairs

MOTM for kicking the goalkeeper up in the air.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 22:36]
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:37 - Aug 6 with 8047 viewsHayesender

Brutal but brilliant reading Clive.

If Willock and Richards are being arseholes, I'd like to see them shipped out to the stiffs and away from any influence on the rest.

Fck em

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:42 - Aug 6 with 8005 viewscpgerber

someone correctly predicted a 4-0 loss, but did not get the scorer bonus. Ie must have nominated a goal scorer??
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:46 - Aug 6 with 7965 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive. Spot on as usual.

I hope writing it up proved cathartic.

In over 50 years of supporting the R's I've never felt as pessimistic about a season as I do about this one. I expected the worst on Saturday and it was even worse than that.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:54 - Aug 6 with 7914 viewsBurnleyhoop

Only saw the highlights of the Oxford friendly, but was Willock any better or worse than the rest of them? I was aware that Richard’s bottled a few tackles which is inexcusable, but Ainsworth has had all summer to change the mentality of the players and has stated that this had all but been achieved. Does Dozzell, Chair or Paal look any more interested or enthused than Willock or Richards?

Something does not sit right with me regarding Ainsworth and his culture drive. Whilst I firmly believe in the principle of his philosophy, there remains a strong undercurrent of apathy from this team that will explode in his face with a few more performances like this one.

He is seriously on borrowed time now, unless he can sort out this shit show pronto.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 23:01 - Aug 6 with 7873 viewsted_hendrix

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:25 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

That read like you were trying to contain it but got angrier and angrier as you were writing it.

I took the chorus of ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ as meaning why make those substitutions at all, not, why not make them earlier? It was bizarre. If Willock is behaving as suspected, he should be dropped from the squad, not benched, particularly given GA’s no D-heads rule. The thinking in putting him on with one minute of injury time to go escapes me.

**The thinking in putting him on with one minute of injury time to go escapes me.**

Me too, I'm annoyed with myself for berating Ainsworth on this MB last night as I loved watching him play for us but I've had It with the bloke now, the club to me Is more Important than the individual, I can't say anymore on the subject that hasn't already been said a thousand times already over the last 24 hours.

I'm tired of It already, one game In, It seems to be ever decreasing circles of crap It's just endless.

I mean honestly what's the bloody point?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 23:02 - Aug 6 with 7863 viewsdaveB

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:54 - Aug 6 by Burnleyhoop

Only saw the highlights of the Oxford friendly, but was Willock any better or worse than the rest of them? I was aware that Richard’s bottled a few tackles which is inexcusable, but Ainsworth has had all summer to change the mentality of the players and has stated that this had all but been achieved. Does Dozzell, Chair or Paal look any more interested or enthused than Willock or Richards?

Something does not sit right with me regarding Ainsworth and his culture drive. Whilst I firmly believe in the principle of his philosophy, there remains a strong undercurrent of apathy from this team that will explode in his face with a few more performances like this one.

He is seriously on borrowed time now, unless he can sort out this shit show pronto.

Willock started every pre season game then benched for Kelman on the first game of the season, absolutely bizarre

The more i hear from Ainsworth he comes across as quite weird, I get being positive but you need also to get angry and call players out from time to time, it's all too easy and comfortable at QPR to the point you can piss around and not put it in as the manager will back you anyway
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 23:28 - Aug 6 with 7712 viewsdaveB

Quite a big part of me now thinks just sod FFP, go and spend what is needed and take the points deduction next season if they ever get round to handing it out, will probably be suspended like everyone else seems to be anyway

Not talking about going mad with millions but put together a competitive squad for christ sake
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 23:40 - Aug 6 with 7650 viewsted_hendrix

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 23:28 - Aug 6 by daveB

Quite a big part of me now thinks just sod FFP, go and spend what is needed and take the points deduction next season if they ever get round to handing it out, will probably be suspended like everyone else seems to be anyway

Not talking about going mad with millions but put together a competitive squad for christ sake

That's dangerous Dave and you know It, In any case would you-could you honestly let the current Management team loose with the clubs cheque book?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 23:40 - Aug 6 with 7656 viewsconnell10

I tell you what Austin and Johansen must have been on some serious wedge for us .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 23:55 - Aug 6 with 7586 viewsdannyblue

I am suprised some of those signings on ice like Knight or Forino haven't been pushed through today. I'd have imagined it was panic stations.

Any FFP punishment has to be somehow proportionate. And if we've gone 500k over budget that would only be 1 or 2%, and they'd also have the rest of the season to try and find that saving somewhere (goal and win bonuses alone might do it)...
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 0:03]
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 00:13 - Aug 7 with 7517 viewsdaveB

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 23:40 - Aug 6 by ted_hendrix

That's dangerous Dave and you know It, In any case would you-could you honestly let the current Management team loose with the clubs cheque book?

Is it anymore dangerous than just going down without a fight? I know we shouldn't do it but we're on the brink anyway knowing our luck Eze will be sold on August 31st and be too late for us to do anything with the money
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 05:04 - Aug 7 with 7234 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great piece Clive sums up how most if not all of us felt watching our team just effectively give up in front of us. This has all been staring us in the face for months now, the whole set up at Rangers is a mess, it is so sad. On what we are seeing at the moment there is no chance of Brodie shooting those tanks and saving us from the dark depths of lower division football.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 06:41 - Aug 7 with 7031 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Great report on a very depressing, yet unsurprising day and result. Unfortunately I think it will get worse.

Hats off as well to get the fall of the Aztec Empire into your report, could that be a metaphor to the total collapse of this team and club?!
Fantastic.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 06:54 - Aug 7 with 6985 viewsGloucs_R

Bit harsh on the National League North.

Poll: Are we staying up?

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 07:01 - Aug 7 with 6952 viewsNorthernr

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 06:41 - Aug 7 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Great report on a very depressing, yet unsurprising day and result. Unfortunately I think it will get worse.

Hats off as well to get the fall of the Aztec Empire into your report, could that be a metaphor to the total collapse of this team and club?!
Fantastic.

Went looking for sieges with particularly brutal death counts - actually a very interesting worm hole for a Sunday morning
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Repo on 07:19 - Aug 7 with 6871 viewsPunteR

Not with this manager I'm afraid. If you're going to start spending then we at least need a manager that knows what he's doing with his players. Will be like giving a homeless guy a thousand pounds without adressing his alcohol and drug problems.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 07:54 - Aug 7 with 6741 viewscalHoop

Fantastic as ever. The Dozzell/Ghost gag had me in hysterics.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 07:56 - Aug 7 with 6732 viewsmart_Goblin

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 22:25 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

Yes I have to agree.

If him and Richards are being a problem then leave them out completely and try and move them on ( easier said than done ). If it’s just a lack of confidence and form then that’s on the coaching staff to turn that around.
Willock was no trouble in the past, Richards not so sure , but Willock doesn’t seem the bad sort overall . Maybe his agent, his brothers etc in his ear ?

But if they are not doing it leave them out completely. But dont put him on with 90 second left if 9 mins of injury time when 4-0 down. What’s that going to achieve ? In the football world that’s a huge kick in the balls and everyone will be talking about it . Put him on earlier or not at all .
Feel sorry for Dixon Bonner too. What’s that about?
My mind just keeps going back to that last game of last season and the realisation that GA isn’t the man . His chance to play some young players snd give them some game time . But we he started Amos and Albert and we were shameful .
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 8:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024