Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So where is our first win coming from and when? 16:59 - Nov 25 with 5440 viewsRangersDave

I'm putting February, and an own goal!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:00 - Nov 25 with 3962 viewsDamo1962

These players are incapable of winning a football match. Get rid of the lot Marti and start again.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:01 - Nov 25 with 3956 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Tuesday night.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:10 - Nov 25 with 3879 viewsconnell10

You won't win a game of football if you can't score goals ....basically we are f ucked .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:10 - Nov 25 with 3880 viewsbosh67

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:00 - Nov 25 by Damo1962

These players are incapable of winning a football match. Get rid of the lot Marti and start again.

If we sold the entire squad it wouldn't pay to rent Haaland's right ball bag for 10 minutes... but it would probably score.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:18 - Nov 25 with 3810 viewsDamo1962

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:10 - Nov 25 by bosh67

If we sold the entire squad it wouldn't pay to rent Haaland's right ball bag for 10 minutes... but it would probably score.

I like your thinking 🤔😉
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:22 - Nov 25 with 3807 viewsManinBlack

To be fair we usually lose to Norwich even when they are bang average. We had over 70 minutes to level it but our attack is embarrassing.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:22 - Nov 25 with 3805 viewsLblock

Might fluke a win when the sun is out in the early days of League One next August maybe?

The Board have checked out
The players know it and are merely picking up wages

A dozen years this rot took to really take hold but it's there and it's close to beyond repair

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:26 - Nov 25 with 3767 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Burton, first game next season!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:39 - Nov 25 with 3720 viewsbosh67

Lyndon has I think scored 28 goals in 115 league appearances for us.
Sinclair has scored 1 goal in 32 league appearances for us
Charlie K has scored 0 goals in 12 league appearances for us

So that is 29 goals between our 3 strikers in 159 collective appearances. So basically 1 goal between them every 5.4 games!
Of which Sinclair and Charlie have managed 1 goal in 44 collective appearances.

And amazingly the board some how can't see the problem?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 17:40]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 23:09 - Nov 25 with 3455 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Well the way Stoke got walloped against Blackburn, hopefully Tuesday.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 23:21 - Nov 25 with 3429 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tuesday.

It's coming.

It can't go on much longer.

Can it?

Bare bones.

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 23:38 - Nov 25 with 3392 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:39 - Nov 25 by bosh67

So that is 29 goals between our 3 strikers in 159 collective appearances. So basically 1 goal between them every 5.4 games!

I think in the case of Kelman and Armstrong goals per minutes would be fairer representation as they havn't started that many.

Even then the record isn't great.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 07:54 - Nov 26 with 3236 viewsPaddyhoops

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 23:21 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

Tuesday.

It's coming.

Can it?

In fairness Antti you called it at the start of the season.
You said we would go down . At the time I thought you were being a tad pessimistic.
Honestly can’t see any other outcome now.
First win . Who knows ? As you say it can’t go on much longer.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 08:23 - Nov 26 with 3193 viewsWestonsuperR

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 17:39 - Nov 25 by bosh67

Exactly the point I made before the start of the season and highlighted it as why we would go down. The combination of Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman must be statistically the worst Forward line in the league and I’d suggest most League 1 teams have better. Incredible that the board and/or Ainsworth thought this was acceptable and we didn’t strengthen even if only a loan.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 08:41 - Nov 26 with 3141 viewsstevec

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 23:21 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

Tuesday.

It's coming.

Can it?

We are the team that defies the law of average.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 11:29 - Nov 26 with 2988 viewsHoopinEssex

Obviously our forward line is terrible. But it's not all down to them. Our delivery into box is pathetic. Corners and free kicks that are over hit or hit the first man.

Marti is completely onto a loser until he can bring in his our players. Ainsworth was here too long and has put us in this position. The next 4 home games will decide our season. We need at least 6 or 7 points to keep us in with a chance.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 11:33 - Nov 26 with 2977 viewsRangersw12

Tuesday 1-0
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 11:45 - Nov 26 with 2963 viewsParkRoyalR

Cifuentes is running out of games to learn both our Squad's strengths and the Championship.

IMO, before Tuesday, Cifuentes needs to realise:

1) Our players are better suited to 4-2-3-1 than 4-3-3

2) If persisting with 4-3-3, understand Willock & Chair are Inside Forwards rather than Wingers and to be effective Fullbacks need to take risks and push on and support these two

3) If persisting with 4-3-3 play Willock / Dykes / Armstrong (if Kolli unavailable) in the 3 and move Chair into the middle of the midfield 3 to play in front of Field + Colback

4) Subs wise, if chasing the game, replace Colback with EDB

5) Subs wise, do not play Armstrong as a lone striker and do not consider bringing Dozell or Kelman anywhere near the field of play as neither are remotely competitive in a Championship level game of football.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 11:57 - Nov 26 with 2925 viewsRangersw12

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 11:45 - Nov 26 by ParkRoyalR

Cifuentes is running out of games to learn both our Squad's strengths and the Championship.

2) If persisting with 4-3-3, understand Willock & Chair are Inside Forwards rather than Wingers and to be effective Fullbacks need to take risks and push on and support these two

3) If persisting with 4-3-3 play Willock / Dykes / Armstrong (if Kolli unavailable) in the 3 and move Chair into the middle of the midfield 3 to play in front of Field + Colback

5) Subs wise, do not play Armstrong as a lone striker and do not consider bringing Dozell or Kelman anywhere near the field of play as neither are remotely competitive in a Championship level game of football.

After yesterdays performance Dykes shouldn't be anywhere near the squad let alone the side
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 12:10 - Nov 26 with 2871 viewsRangersw12

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 11:45 - Nov 26 by ParkRoyalR

Agree about the full backs

Paal at times bombed forward but not enough hopefully when Cannon is back he will provide that overlap aswell

Central midfield is a problem with Colback and Field as neither get into the box enough which is frustrating as when Field did get in the box he nearly scored
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 12:11 - Nov 26 with 2872 viewsParkRoyalR

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 11:57 - Nov 26 by Rangersw12

After yesterdays performance Dykes shouldn't be anywhere near the squad let alone the side

RangersW12,

Mick Beale said although Chair was a good player but he did'nt think he could play in a winning side,

Do you think, having watched Chair yesterday, Beale realised what's been evident for 3 or 4 seasons now, that Chair holds the ball so long so as to nullify our attacking play as a team?

This is the reason I have suggested for a long time now his position + role in the team has to change, and change quickly.

Or we could go with your solution which is is to drop Dykes, even tho Scotland pick him ahead of both a Premier League and £20m valued striker, and go with Armstrong (very limited), Kelman (National League level) and Kolli (young but looks like he has real potential).
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 12:25 - Nov 26 with 2844 viewsRangersw12

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 12:11 - Nov 26 by ParkRoyalR

RangersW12,

Mick Beale said although Chair was a good player but he did'nt think he could play in a winning side,

Do you think, having watched Chair yesterday, Beale realised what's been evident for 3 or 4 seasons now, that Chair holds the ball so long so as to nullify our attacking play as a team?

This is the reason I have suggested for a long time now his position + role in the team has to change, and change quickly.

Or we could go with your solution which is is to drop Dykes, even tho Scotland pick him ahead of both a Premier League and £20m valued striker, and go with Armstrong (very limited), Kelman (National League level) and Kolli (young but looks like he has real potential).

Blame Chair all you want and he was poor yesterday but Dykes was atrocious and it's criminal he's played so many games for us

He also had another decent chance yesterday but as usual he didn't get the header on target which apparently is supposed to be his strength

As for Scotland the last time I looked ( which isn't often as would rather watch paint dry than the Jocks play football ) he wasn't starting

Here's a fact for you Seny Dieng has scored the same amount as away goals as Dykes has over 40 games which is an absolute shocking stat

You can't play Dykes after yesterday and he needs to be dropped to tell him that his performances are not good enough otherwise sends a terrible message to the squad

As for a solution I would play similar to what we did at Bristol City away last season which was one of the best performances for ages

We might not have the same confidence or players to do it but it's not working with Dykes and never really has
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 12:33 - Nov 26 with 2827 viewsDannyPaddox

Next win: Ramsgate in the Cup, early January. After a replay. A result which will turn our season around. Along with the 7 unknown Swedish players signed on loan.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 12:54]
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 12:41 - Nov 26 with 2807 viewsParkRoyalR

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 12:25 - Nov 26 by Rangersw12

Blame Chair all you want and he was poor yesterday but Dykes was atrocious and it's criminal he's played so many games for us

He also had another decent chance yesterday but as usual he didn't get the header on target which apparently is supposed to be his strength

As for Scotland the last time I looked ( which isn't often as would rather watch paint dry than the Jocks play football ) he wasn't starting

Here's a fact for you Seny Dieng has scored the same amount as away goals as Dykes has over 40 games which is an absolute shocking stat

You can't play Dykes after yesterday and he needs to be dropped to tell him that his performances are not good enough otherwise sends a terrible message to the squad

As for a solution I would play similar to what we did at Bristol City away last season which was one of the best performances for ages

We might not have the same confidence or players to do it but it's not working with Dykes and never really has

I am not blaming Chair at all,
I have previously said (in the absence of a fully fit Willock) he is arguably our best player,
I have also said if we are to get out of this we have to make him more effective for the team, so how do we do this?

I have also said we create so few chances (Armstrong & Kelman yesterday), if Dykes misses a half chance, its game-over.

So I think we need to change the formation or players positions to create more chances,

You think drop Dykes, which is contrary to what our three previous Managers and an International Manager do, and honestly is nonsensical if you look at the alternatives,

Erling Haaland would struggle to score goals in this team given how slowly we move the ball, how poor our set-pieces are and how few chances we create and this is what we need to change, and quick. If it was as simple as dropping one player, any numpty could do job.
So where is our first win coming from and when? on 13:00 - Nov 26 with 2773 viewsRangersw12

So where is our first win coming from and when? on 12:41 - Nov 26 by ParkRoyalR

I am not blaming Chair at all,
I have previously said (in the absence of a fully fit Willock) he is arguably our best player,
I have also said if we are to get out of this we have to make him more effective for the team, so how do we do this?

I have also said we create so few chances (Armstrong & Kelman yesterday), if Dykes misses a half chance, its game-over.

So I think we need to change the formation or players positions to create more chances,

You think drop Dykes, which is contrary to what our three previous Managers and an International Manager do, and honestly is nonsensical if you look at the alternatives,

Erling Haaland would struggle to score goals in this team given how slowly we move the ball, how poor our set-pieces are and how few chances we create and this is what we need to change, and quick. If it was as simple as dropping one player, any numpty could do job.

It's not just his goalscoring though is it it's his overall performance he doesn't even put himself about or tries to bully the CB like Helguson did . His fist touch is poor , on his heels at crosses and cant create anything himself .

Also a free header from a corner 10 yards out isn't a half chance for what you keep telling me is an international striker

Love the fact you're trying to say my opinion is nonsensical because the previous managers picked Dykes but yours is fine that Chair should be CM ( I'm not adverse to it myself ) even though the same previous managers never played Chair there 😂

If anyone thinks his overall performance yesterday is acceptable then they need to give their head a wobble but rather than going round in circles and let's just agree to disagree and hope he scores the winner in his next game 👍
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 13:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024