Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Venables RIP 12:17 - Nov 26 with 25700 viewsaston_hoop

Terry Venables has passed away at the age of 80. Very sad news

http://www.skysports.com/share/13016445

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Terry Venables RIP on 12:19 - Nov 26 with 12700 viewsted_hendrix

Just seen this awful news--RIP Terry.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Terry Venables RIP on 12:20 - Nov 26 with 12688 viewsdigswellhoop

Great manager we would have won world cup if he had been incharge
Terry Venables RIP on 12:23 - Nov 26 with 12613 viewsnumptydumpty

Very sad.

Always felt he would be one to live a long life ie great attitude.

A coach way ahead of his time.

Brilliant man and so brilliant he went from QPR to Barcelona, a unique job progression.

Enjoyed him as an England Manager and pundit too with the mighty Des Lynam...

Great loss to football World.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Terry Venables RIP on 12:24 - Nov 26 with 12605 viewsNov77

Shocked, a HUGE figure in our clubs history, RIP Tel.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Terry Venables RIP on 12:24 - Nov 26 with 12594 viewsSydneyRs

QPR were going to win the league if Barca hadn't tempted him away. RIP.
Terry Venables RIP on 12:25 - Nov 26 with 12578 viewspaulparker

Devastated
Him and Jim Gregory were a brilliant duo , palace wasn’t the club of the 80s we were
A pure pioneer of the game , gutted

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Terry Venables RIP on 12:25 - Nov 26 with 12589 viewsGaryBannister86

Terrible news. Excellent player, truly great manager. The reason I fell in love with Rangers.
Terry Venables RIP on 12:25 - Nov 26 with 12576 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Terry Venables RIP on 12:20 - Nov 26 by digswellhoop

Great manager we would have won world cup if he had been incharge

I doubt it, we're only a club team.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Terry Venables RIP on 12:26 - Nov 26 with 12550 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loved him. Superb manager, superb brain, loveable rogue.

RIP Terry.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh d'anam árd-uasal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Terry Venables RIP on 12:31 - Nov 26 with 12492 viewsdanehoop

One of the best managers. RIP.

Never knowingly understood

Terry Venables RIP on 12:33 - Nov 26 with 12443 viewsBoston

Just heard...really liked Venables, proper ''London character', hell of a life, hope he felt no pain.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Terry Venables RIP on 12:37 - Nov 26 with 12395 viewsQPRSteve

Vastly underrated by many as a player and a fantastic manager. One of the greatest footballing brains ever. Devastating news.
Terry Venables RIP on 12:41 - Nov 26 with 12349 viewsBerkoRanger

Can I share a true story with you. When I was a teenage sprog , just starting to go to away games, I was travelling with some fellow fans on a train from Paddington to Swindon, for, I think, the first game of the season, when word reached us that the team were on the same train in the buffet car. Plucking up the courage, I walked down the train with my autograph book in hand. Reaching the buffet, I walked up to Rodney Marsh, in awe, who unfortunately told me to go away (different words!) so I turned and started to walk back along the train.
I got halfway back and felt a tap on my shoulder - turned and it was Terry Venables! He apologised and explained that Rodney was tired (!), asked me for my autograph book and said he would get ALL the players autographs for me.
Imagine the look on all my friends faces when 15 minutes later, Terry arrived back with the book, all signed as promised. That was the mark of the man - a true gentleman.
I am naturally very saddened by today's news. R.I.P Terry Venables.
Terry Venables RIP on 12:42 - Nov 26 with 12336 viewsnumptydumpty

Such a successful man as player, coach and pundit.

Yet still remained decent and likeable.

We as a club greatly benefitted from his brilliant professionalism.

Even had time to set up many business ventures and in his spare ten minutes every week even wrote a TV series called Hazell and performed as a singer.

Multi talented brilliant man.

RIP El Tel.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 12:43]

Terry Venables RIP on 12:42 - Nov 26 with 12335 viewsmart_Goblin

Just awful news.

As a 7 year old, that day at Wembley was simply out of this world .
And we were so close to making history . Terry’s team of the 80’s cemented my complete and eternal love for this bloody football club.

Genuinely gutted to hear this news
Terry Venables RIP on 12:42 - Nov 26 with 12334 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP Tel

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Terry Venables RIP on 12:45 - Nov 26 with 12307 viewsSnipper

Terry Venables built a fantastic young team at QPR.
He led our club to our only FA Cup final in 1982, and then the Second Division title in 1983. He mastered the offside rule, and instilled it into our title winning team.
It drove opponents mad, but it was very effective.

He then led us to fifth place in the first division in 1984. He actually wanted to buy the club from Jim Gregory, but it never materialised.

Then Barcelona poached Terry to become their manager.

Let that sink in. Barcelona, one of the biggest teams in world football, poached the manager of our little team from Shepherds Bush.

Rest in Peace, Terry.

And thank you. ❤️❤️
Terry Venables RIP on 12:45 - Nov 26 with 12292 viewsdmm

A football man ahead of his time and one of our greats as player and manager. Incredibly sad news.
Terry Venables RIP on 12:47 - Nov 26 with 12264 viewsBostonR

RIP. He was ahead of his time in the developing coaching. Played, Captained and managed the Rs. A true legend of the club.
Terry Venables RIP on 12:47 - Nov 26 with 12259 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I was to young to really remember him as manager of QPR, but it left a mark as i started supporting our club in about 1981 or 82 when I was 6 years old.

To go from QPR to Barcelona is pretty impressive, and gave England back some pride after the Graham Taylor years.

RIP Terry.
Terry Venables RIP on 12:48 - Nov 26 with 12247 viewsNorthernr

God this really is a period of time that just keeps on giving isn't it? What a horrible piece of news to wake up for.

Best stories and memories you guys have got post them here and I'll put a piece together in lieu of the Stoke preview tomorrow.
Terry Venables RIP on 12:51 - Nov 26 with 12215 viewsloftboy

The team he took to Wembley then onto the division two championship were a joy to watch, every home game seemed like we would score a hat full, was shocking how quickly Mullery destroyed that side.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Terry Venables RIP on 12:52 - Nov 26 with 12196 viewsDannyPaddox

Terry played in the first QPR team I ever saw. I met him once about 15 years ago and we had shared some small-talk about the Rs. That story previous about him getting the players to sign the autograph book on the train is lovely (thanks for sharing). Venables … one of the greatest in many ways.

RIP 🙏🏼
Terry Venables RIP on 12:56 - Nov 26 with 12136 viewsBostonR

Terry Venables RIP on 12:48 - Nov 26 by Northernr

God this really is a period of time that just keeps on giving isn't it? What a horrible piece of news to wake up for.

Best stories and memories you guys have got post them here and I'll put a piece together in lieu of the Stoke preview tomorrow.

Clive - he mastered the off-side trap in the early 80’s. Away from home his team was almost impossible to break down but they could really play! Went to many away games and you could literally hear him instructing the movement of the whole team. So impressive.
Terry Venables RIP on 12:57 - Nov 26 with 12121 viewsnumptydumpty

Was massive success here as player and manager and in all reality with all his many successes in so many different roles, I would suggest the most successful person with all his life's achievements to have EVER been associated with our once great club...
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 12:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024