Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Freaky Friday 11:04 - Jan 10 with 3758 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You can swap bodies with a fan of any club side for any match in history. Who are you picking?
QPR Freaky Friday on 11:14 - Jan 10 with 2965 viewsGaryBannister86

Wigan's last minute FA Cup final winner against Man City.

I know we had our own last-minute Wembley winner....but it wasn't really to win anything, looking back, amazing that it was!
QPR Freaky Friday on 11:17 - Jan 10 with 2940 viewsWokingR

This would be me for a day.
Not sure I'd bother going out to a match though!

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:19 - Jan 10 with 2933 viewsMidlands_Ranger

I really really dislike Liverpool but the 'Miracle of Istanbul ' would of an absolute buzz!!!
QPR Freaky Friday on 11:21 - Jan 10 with 2917 viewsWatford_Ranger

Immediate one that came to mind was Arsenal winning the league at Anfield. Mental scenario that couldn’t happen now.
QPR Freaky Friday on 11:28 - Jan 10 with 2893 viewsGaryBannister86

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:21 - Jan 10 by Watford_Ranger

Immediate one that came to mind was Arsenal winning the league at Anfield. Mental scenario that couldn’t happen now.

Why couldn't it? Still could, surely?

Good choice, though, along with Agueroooooooooooooooo I guess but I don't want to be a gloryhunter fan in any way. I'm sorry, but it just won't feel the same for them in any case.

Now Wigan winning the FA Cup - I can relate to this (not the winning the cup part!)
QPR Freaky Friday on 11:30 - Jan 10 with 2877 viewsMiss_Terraces

The 67 League Cup final, with the added bonus of going with my Granddad again.

[Post edited 10 Jan 12:08]

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:42 - Jan 10 with 2829 viewsKonk

Arsenal at Anfield in 89. Four of my mates did every game that year and went on a 48 bender once they'd got back to North London. To win the league for the first time in their living memories, and to do it against Liverpool back then, at Anfield, in the dying seconds, and having seemingly thrown the league away... can't get much better than that.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:44 - Jan 10 with 2823 viewsCateLeBonR

I’d love to see our 1975/1976 team play and if I had to choose one match it would probably be the Leeds home game.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:46 - Jan 10 with 2812 viewsAntti_Heinola

Supporting Leicester for the whole season I guess would be up there.
shame they didn't have that one moment where they won the league on the pitch, but that last game of the season must've been lovely.

Bare bones.

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:47 - Jan 10 with 2806 viewsjoe90

This must have been one of the greatest moments in Watfords history! Dubious penalty decision, double save from the keeper and a winning goal on the break - all in the last few moments of the game. Surely that is what footballs all about?!

I think how buzzing I've been for some our goals, if I'd been a Watord fan at this game I'd have gone completely bananas!
[Post edited 10 Jan 11:51]
QPR Freaky Friday on 11:58 - Jan 10 with 2752 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hibs fan at the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.
A 3-2 win over Glasgow Rangers, a last-minute winner, a first Cup Final win.
Then this.
[Post edited 10 Jan 12:01]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Freaky Friday on 12:07 - Jan 10 with 2712 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'd loved to have seen this.

1878, that's the year before Isandlwana and Rourke's Drift. Most warships looked similar to HMS Gannet at Chatham and they;

"Four lights were installed on wooden "stages" 30 feet high. Behind each goal was a "portable engine" powering the lights, which put out a total of 8,000 candlepower. It was a big success. "Everybody seemed highly pleased with the result of the experiment, the light being most brilliant and effective", said The Independent.

Of the football on offer, however, The Times reported the next day that "the brilliancy of the light dazzled the players and sometimes caused strange blunders" a phenomenon which was – until recently at least – all too common at Bramall Lane."

https://www.englandsoldestfootballclubs.com/140-years-ago-today-the-worlds-first

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR Freaky Friday on 12:11 - Jan 10 with 2697 viewsMiss_Terraces

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:30 - Jan 10 by Miss_Terraces

The 67 League Cup final, with the added bonus of going with my Granddad again.

[Post edited 10 Jan 12:08]

I'm sorry Bazza, I didn't answer the question as it was intended.
Middlesbrough fan to see the scum getting relegated. I don't know if I would be brave enough to attend though

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

QPR Freaky Friday on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 2631 viewsKonk

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:58 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Hibs fan at the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.
A 3-2 win over Glasgow Rangers, a last-minute winner, a first Cup Final win.
Then this.
[Post edited 10 Jan 12:01]

Not the first Scottish Cup win, but the first for 114 years, with 10 losing appearances in between! As someone who has Hibs as my second team, even watching it on the telly was pretty orgasmic, especially as it was against Rangers. Okay, I reckon that is neck-and-neck/possibly pips Arsenal at Anfield.

QPR Freaky Friday on 12:54 - Jan 10 with 2594 viewsE15Hoop

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:44 - Jan 10 by CateLeBonR

I’d love to see our 1975/1976 team play and if I had to choose one match it would probably be the Leeds home game.

I remember this being the featured match on The Big Match on ITV, and them showing pictures of the celebrations at LR afterwards.

What a truly joyous noise it was - and we were Champions for a whole 10 days!
QPR Freaky Friday on 12:59 - Jan 10 with 2584 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR Freaky Friday on 12:41 - Jan 10 by Konk

Not the first Scottish Cup win, but the first for 114 years, with 10 losing appearances in between! As someone who has Hibs as my second team, even watching it on the telly was pretty orgasmic, especially as it was against Rangers. Okay, I reckon that is neck-and-neck/possibly pips Arsenal at Anfield.

It was either you or Karl that first posted that video on here, Konk.

I still love it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Freaky Friday on 13:06 - Jan 10 with 2565 viewsStJude82

Outside of QPR or England? Man City relegating ManUre in 1974 when Denis Law scored the backheel.
QPR Freaky Friday on 13:08 - Jan 10 with 2546 viewsKonk

QPR Freaky Friday on 12:59 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

It was either you or Karl that first posted that video on here, Konk.

I still love it.

Blinding song and even better that it only really gets wheeled out after derby wins or winning cup finals. Makes it even more special. My neighbours aren't so lucky as every couple of months or so I have a late night, pis sed-up singalong, immediately followed by 'Turnbull's Tornadoes' which is one of the all-time great cup final songs. Proud to say my son knows all the words to both, but his Edinburgh accent needs a bit of work.

QPR Freaky Friday on 14:16 - Jan 10 with 2412 viewsWatford_Ranger

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:28 - Jan 10 by GaryBannister86

Why couldn't it? Still could, surely?

Good choice, though, along with Agueroooooooooooooooo I guess but I don't want to be a gloryhunter fan in any way. I'm sorry, but it just won't feel the same for them in any case.

Now Wigan winning the FA Cup - I can relate to this (not the winning the cup part!)

On a Friday night though. You’d still be in Liverpool on the Monday having not slept since unless you were dead.
QPR Freaky Friday on 15:31 - Jan 10 with 2325 viewsCamberleyR

QPR Freaky Friday on 13:06 - Jan 10 by StJude82

Outside of QPR or England? Man City relegating ManUre in 1974 when Denis Law scored the backheel.

It's a nice story, but he didn't. Even had Man United won that day they'd have still been relegated.

For me it would probably be Villa winning the European Cup in Rotterdam against heavy favourites Bayern Munich after losing their goalkeeper after a few minutes and chucking a kid on to replace him with one first team appearance to his name who ended up man of the match and Peter Withe shinning the winner in off the post from two yards.

Jimmy Rimmer is the answer to the quiz question of who has won two European Cup winner's medals playing only nine minutes of football.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR Freaky Friday on 15:57 - Jan 10 with 2288 viewsSnipper

International match: Brazil vs Italy in the 1982 World Cup. Paolo Rossi hatrick knocking out the best team to not win the World Cup.

Non QPR: Arsenal winning the league at Anfield in 1989 and Coventry winning the FA Cup va Tottenham in 1987. I cheered like mad when both won.

QPR: It’s got to be the 1967 League Cup final. I was born 4 weeks later.
QPR Freaky Friday on 16:36 - Jan 10 with 2215 viewsGaryT

Not strictly playing by the rules but I've always wondered what it must have been like in the Oldham end witnessing three sides of Loftus Road bouncing in unison.
QPR Freaky Friday on 16:37 - Jan 10 with 2204 viewsR_from_afar

Great thread. This is probably the one I'd pick. You have to win to stay in the football league but as the game enters the 95th minute, it's 1-1.

You get a corner, it's now or never, your 'keeper goes up for the set piece, and then...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR Freaky Friday on 16:46 - Jan 10 with 2168 viewsdmm

QPR Freaky Friday on 11:44 - Jan 10 by CateLeBonR

Thanks for posting this. I can't remember when I last watched this game and thoroughly enjoyed it just now. What a team that was.
QPR Freaky Friday on 16:56 - Jan 10 with 2150 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Freaky Friday on 16:37 - Jan 10 by R_from_afar

Great thread. This is probably the one I'd pick. You have to win to stay in the football league but as the game enters the 95th minute, it's 1-1.

You get a corner, it's now or never, your 'keeper goes up for the set piece, and then...

He had a bit of a rough time during his career:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024