Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunne to Blackburn 17:30 - Jan 25 with 20760 viewsE17hoop

Anyone?
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-eyeing-qpr-transfer-raid-for-

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Dunne to Blackburn on 17:34 - Jan 25 with 8653 viewsPaddyhoops

Seen that . I doubt it will happen . Cook has been great but hasn’t played much . JSC ? We know his injury record .Which leaves us with Fox.
Dunne to Blackburn on 17:37 - Jan 25 with 8589 viewsderbyhoop

+ Woodman and/or Hawkins from the Dev Squad

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dunne to Blackburn on 18:25 - Jan 25 with 8262 viewsQPROslo

The squad is way too thin already so I really hope not. Cook and JCS have missed a fair few with injuries. We need to keep Dunne and Fox as back up. Still haven't understood why we let Dozzell a regular starter under Marti go to close competition, and now SDM when we only have an ageing and suspension prone Colback, and suspension prone Field left in our midfield with EDB the only half qualified back up, and he looks better further forward to me. Paal looked lost when tried in midfield. If we are having to let players go now to lower wages to keep above the FFP limit, we won't be in the Championship next season.
Dunne to Blackburn on 18:34 - Jan 25 with 8199 viewsloftupper

Dunne to Blackburn on 18:25 - Jan 25 by QPROslo

The squad is way too thin already so I really hope not. Cook and JCS have missed a fair few with injuries. We need to keep Dunne and Fox as back up. Still haven't understood why we let Dozzell a regular starter under Marti go to close competition, and now SDM when we only have an ageing and suspension prone Colback, and suspension prone Field left in our midfield with EDB the only half qualified back up, and he looks better further forward to me. Paal looked lost when tried in midfield. If we are having to let players go now to lower wages to keep above the FFP limit, we won't be in the Championship next season.

not sure we would be in the Championship playing Dunne at the back either.
Dunne to Blackburn on 18:47 - Jan 25 with 8107 viewsHastings_Hoops

Depends what they’re offering… £750k now is better than nothing next year and it reduces our wage bill.

Allows us to bring in a League two CB on less money with more appetite to develop (Masterson anyone?).

Then we have Kakay, Fox and Field who can drop in as needed.
Dunne to Blackburn on 18:55 - Jan 25 with 8033 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dunne to Blackburn on 18:34 - Jan 25 by loftupper

not sure we would be in the Championship playing Dunne at the back either.

Or Dozzell in midfield…….
Dunne to Blackburn on 19:00 - Jan 25 with 7989 viewsHAYESBOY

Completely agree on both Dunne and Dozzell.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:06 - Jan 25 with 7932 viewsE17hoop

Dunne to Blackburn on 18:47 - Jan 25 by Hastings_Hoops

Depends what they’re offering… £750k now is better than nothing next year and it reduces our wage bill.

Allows us to bring in a League two CB on less money with more appetite to develop (Masterson anyone?).

Then we have Kakay, Fox and Field who can drop in as needed.

That was my thought - Ozzy isn't a RB but decent enough at CB. If we can get some cash for JD, in the last 6 months of his contract, it feels like we should take it.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:17 - Jan 25 with 7842 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with a lot of this, Oslo.

We're a week out from the deadline, we've lost bodies, and it's far too early for us to say that we're better off without certain players when we don't yet know whether they'll be replaced.

This could be part of an ingenious rebuild, it could be an FFP aversion policy, it could be a US-style wage burnoff or anything in between those extremes.

It's simply too early to tell.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:42 - Jan 25 with 7631 viewsconnell10

I personally think Dunne aint a bad player. He has a great attitude and i like him. So its a no from me and we should not be supplying a relegation rival with one of our own players!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:56 - Jan 25 with 7528 viewslassel

The club is prudently cutting its cloth for L1 next season. If a miracle happens and Marti keeps us up then a rebuild is needed in the summer but we have plenty of space to build.
Dunne to Blackburn on 20:48 - Jan 25 with 7283 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:56 - Jan 25 by lassel

The club is prudently cutting its cloth for L1 next season. If a miracle happens and Marti keeps us up then a rebuild is needed in the summer but we have plenty of space to build.

We don't know that, Lassel.

We're supporters, so we're (rightly) guessing on the outside.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dunne to Blackburn on 20:56 - Jan 25 with 7239 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dunne to Blackburn on 20:48 - Jan 25 by BrianMcCarthy

We don't know that, Lassel.

We're supporters, so we're (rightly) guessing on the outside.

Lassel knows all. I think he's paul hall.

Bare bones.

Dunne to Blackburn on 20:57 - Jan 25 with 7223 viewsbrad

no thanks....we need to keep him
Dunne to Blackburn on 21:09 - Jan 25 with 7108 viewsOakR

I'd be ok with him going, I don't think he is great for the way we want to play, and we do need to sell some players when we can if the offer is high enough.

Worth the risk for me, and if we can replace with someone more suited to our system who needs work but we think we can improve, I think it could be neutral short-term, and positive long-term.

No issue if he stays, he tries etc but think he might do better in a different team.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Dunne to Blackburn on 21:10 - Jan 25 with 7102 viewslassel

Dunne to Blackburn on 20:56 - Jan 25 by Antti_Heinola

Lassel knows all. I think he's paul hall.

Im Sampska Timoska,
Dunne to Blackburn on 21:11 - Jan 25 with 7083 viewsRangersw12

Would happily let him go

Love his commitment but he's been awful for 2 years now .
Dunne to Blackburn on 05:23 - Jan 26 with 6602 viewsLoftgirl

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:17 - Jan 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with a lot of this, Oslo.

We're a week out from the deadline, we've lost bodies, and it's far too early for us to say that we're better off without certain players when we don't yet know whether they'll be replaced.

This could be part of an ingenious rebuild, it could be an FFP aversion policy, it could be a US-style wage burnoff or anything in between those extremes.

It's simply too early to tell.

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:12 - Jan 26 with 6295 viewsGloucs_R

If we get a fee and can get some cover on loan then it's a yes from me

I have a sneaky suspicion that if we managed to ship out a few players we might get a couple of very cheap loans in right at the last minute.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:16 - Jan 26 with 6265 viewsNorthernr

Dunne to Blackburn on 21:10 - Jan 25 by lassel

Im Sampska Timoska,

Wouldn't mind him doing the next four months.
Dunne to Blackburn on 09:27 - Jan 26 with 6202 viewsrbee

Remember FFP, Profit and Sustainability, works on a three year cycle.

We really went over budget supporting Warburton's promotion push two seasons ago, went over budget supporting Beale last season which is why we are broke this season.

Next season there will be more cash available as we start the three year cycle again.

So it's all about maintaining our Championship status and like him or loathe him letting Dunne go would be detrimental to that unless we have a cheaper alternative lined up, possibly a loan.
Dunne to Blackburn on 09:31 - Jan 26 with 6175 viewsBlue_Castello

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:42 - Jan 25 by connell10

I personally think Dunne aint a bad player. He has a great attitude and i like him. So its a no from me and we should not be supplying a relegation rival with one of our own players!

Agreed there's a good player in there, we've seen him play well on a number of occasions, he's definitely good in a back three and he hasn't been helped when playing in a back four by the lack of a quality right back, this hopefully has now been rectified.

I'm guessing the majority on here actually want us to avoid relegation, in that case surely we need to retain our first choice back up players, any player we get in on our budget will be a gamble and quite possibly not as good as Jimmy, another be careful what you wish for scenario.

The deals being done at the moment are very much to offload players Marti does not see as the future of the club, trying to work within FFP is a massive balancing act, hopefully the money is there to keep Dunne for now as next season will be a whole new ball game.
[Post edited 26 Jan 9:45]
Dunne to Blackburn on 09:35 - Jan 26 with 6152 viewsNorthernr

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:27 - Jan 26 by rbee

Remember FFP, Profit and Sustainability, works on a three year cycle.

We really went over budget supporting Warburton's promotion push two seasons ago, went over budget supporting Beale last season which is why we are broke this season.

Next season there will be more cash available as we start the three year cycle again.

So it's all about maintaining our Championship status and like him or loathe him letting Dunne go would be detrimental to that unless we have a cheaper alternative lined up, possibly a loan.

It's a rolling three year period, so it never resets, you just keep knocking off a year and gaining a new one.

You are right though to say the 21/22 overspend and the 22/23 Beale disaster are in our three year cycle which is why 23/24 is so tight. Next season 21/22 drops out to be replaced with 24/25 so in theory a bit more headroom.
Dunne to Blackburn on 09:53 - Jan 26 with 6023 viewsTK1

Dunne to Blackburn on 19:56 - Jan 25 by lassel

Lassel: "If a miracle happens and Marti keeps us up then..."

Narrator: QPR are three points from safety with a home game against the team immediately above them next...

Eighteen games to go, fully fit squad, three points from safety having been eight: not really in miracle, needing snookers territory - especially when considering how sht this division is. I'm not even sure that Sunday is as must-win as it's being portrayed. It's just must-not-lose. If the first team stays more-or-less fit, it would not take a miracle to get out of this at all. It's annoying we wasted so many games being idiots, though.
Dunne to Blackburn on 09:53 - Jan 26 with 6014 viewsrbee

Dunne to Blackburn on 09:35 - Jan 26 by Northernr

It's a rolling three year period, so it never resets, you just keep knocking off a year and gaining a new one.

You are right though to say the 21/22 overspend and the 22/23 Beale disaster are in our three year cycle which is why 23/24 is so tight. Next season 21/22 drops out to be replaced with 24/25 so in theory a bit more headroom.

Listening to Lee Hoos talk on this subject many many times it has always seemed to me that the club view it as a three year cycle.

You would like to think that there is an element of forward planning looking at a three cycle but that goes out the window when Warburton seems on the edge of greatness or when Beale spins a great story.

After two seasons of going over budget next season is most definitely a reset with a lot more headroom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024