Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hayden on tonight's defeat 23:49 - Feb 14 with 2520 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/february/14/hayden--we-must-be-more-ruthless/

Realistic.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 00:11 - Feb 15 with 2400 viewsrbee

Words. But respect to Hayden for coming out and giving the interview.

The more I waste my time thinking about tonight's game I think that we were not mentally prepared for the game.

Over the years you have heard that Peter Taylor did most of the coaching and Brian Clough did his best work in the five minutes before kick off.

Supposedly we have a few more leaders in the squad now but where is our Zinchenko? You have seen him revving up his team mates at both Manchester City and Arsenal before kick off.

Recently at Arsenal I saw him get everyone in to a huddle on the pitch before kick off and stood in the middle, shouting, pointing, encouraging, and he isn't the team Captain! Would like to see even half this amount of desire to win from our lot.
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 00:19 - Feb 15 with 2377 viewsted_hendrix

Our Captain Is our goalkeeper, our goalkeeper Is the one who when the opposition get a corner you say to yourself ""Oh no I can't look"" He's also that player who has the kicking skill of a one legged dead orangutan.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 00:37 - Feb 15 with 2303 viewskensalriser

We don't have a leader of any type on the pitch and haven't done for some time, it's a major weakness.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 07:07 - Feb 15 with 2110 viewsMalintabuk

Unless it is an injury issue then I'm at a loss why Cook is not captain of this team. In the quietness of the stadium last night we could clearly hear him barking orders, though never did much good leaving 2 players unmarked for the goal, but our current captain is just invisible
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 07:16 - Feb 15 with 2064 viewsHammersmithR

Really hoped when Marti came that Begovic would have the captaincy taken away from him. For the way we want to play he is not good enough. Cook is clearly a natural leader. Shame he was out for so long but one of the very few players who can hold his head up high.
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 07:32 - Feb 15 with 2014 viewsGaryBannister86

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 07:07 - Feb 15 by Malintabuk

Unless it is an injury issue then I'm at a loss why Cook is not captain of this team. In the quietness of the stadium last night we could clearly hear him barking orders, though never did much good leaving 2 players unmarked for the goal, but our current captain is just invisible

Totally agree. Marti needs to make a bold decision that could be pointed at as the genius turning point. Get Cook as the captain, play the keeper you fancy most of Walsh or Salomon.
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 08:01 - Feb 15 with 1887 viewsDeanoMD

A very clear and honest appraisal of the game.

Our attacking threat was virtually non-existent with Armstrong just constantly looking for the foul and moaning instead of playing to the whistle, Chair was very poor holding onto the ball too long again, Smyth zero end product as usual, no way he should be starting. Hodge tried but looked isolated with no-one to play with. Any chance we did get we just don't have the quality to take. If Smyth had the ability to shoot properly he'd be our top scorer by now but like Armstrong whenever he gets an opportunity you just know he's not gonna make it count.

Add in to that Begovic was dreadful, Paal and Cannon poor and there you go one mistake from Colback and we are done.

Why no one in that squad can take a set piece is mind boggling, simple basics missing from our skill base.

Well I can't say I'm surprised, maybe it's just another bad night but you could see it coming a mile off.

Sigh....
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 11:05 - Feb 15 with 1690 viewsTheChef

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 08:01 - Feb 15 by DeanoMD

A very clear and honest appraisal of the game.

Our attacking threat was virtually non-existent with Armstrong just constantly looking for the foul and moaning instead of playing to the whistle, Chair was very poor holding onto the ball too long again, Smyth zero end product as usual, no way he should be starting. Hodge tried but looked isolated with no-one to play with. Any chance we did get we just don't have the quality to take. If Smyth had the ability to shoot properly he'd be our top scorer by now but like Armstrong whenever he gets an opportunity you just know he's not gonna make it count.

Add in to that Begovic was dreadful, Paal and Cannon poor and there you go one mistake from Colback and we are done.

Why no one in that squad can take a set piece is mind boggling, simple basics missing from our skill base.

Well I can't say I'm surprised, maybe it's just another bad night but you could see it coming a mile off.

Sigh....

Was it Colback supposedly marking their player who flicked on the corner?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 11:41 - Feb 15 with 1588 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 00:19 - Feb 15 by ted_hendrix

Our Captain Is our goalkeeper, our goalkeeper Is the one who when the opposition get a corner you say to yourself ""Oh no I can't look"" He's also that player who has the kicking skill of a one legged dead orangutan.

At least he didn't shill his gloves last night.
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 11:42 - Feb 15 with 1596 viewsNed_Kennedys

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 07:32 - Feb 15 by GaryBannister86

Totally agree. Marti needs to make a bold decision that could be pointed at as the genius turning point. Get Cook as the captain, play the keeper you fancy most of Walsh or Salomon.

I know we are all angry after last night’s debacle but it’s nonsensical to suggest dropping Begovic when we are deep in a relegation scrap and bring in a keeper who has never played a full match for us or played anywhere near this level.
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 12:00 - Feb 15 with 1527 viewskernowhoop

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 11:41 - Feb 15 by Wegerles_Stairs

At least he didn't shill his gloves last night.

Genuine question: what does that mean, please?
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 12:07 - Feb 15 with 1488 viewsslmrstid

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 12:00 - Feb 15 by kernowhoop

Genuine question: what does that mean, please?

Shill is a modern word for selling, think of it as a similar use to flogging. Begovic has been selling his match used gloves from games recently.
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 12:14 - Feb 15 with 1443 viewsHooping_Mad

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 11:42 - Feb 15 by Ned_Kennedys

I know we are all angry after last night’s debacle but it’s nonsensical to suggest dropping Begovic when we are deep in a relegation scrap and bring in a keeper who has never played a full match for us or played anywhere near this level.

Yep, Archer's shoulders will explode if he plays anyway so we are stuck with Begovic. He is an easy target but he does wear the armband so guess it does come with the territory a bit.

Not sure he can do much at this stage in his career to improve so we'll see how it pans out. He did make a good stop last night to his credit and he is always fit and available if I'm being fair.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 12:26 - Feb 15 with 1378 viewsGaryBannister86

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 12:14 - Feb 15 by Hooping_Mad

Yep, Archer's shoulders will explode if he plays anyway so we are stuck with Begovic. He is an easy target but he does wear the armband so guess it does come with the territory a bit.

Not sure he can do much at this stage in his career to improve so we'll see how it pans out. He did make a good stop last night to his credit and he is always fit and available if I'm being fair.

I get the point that every replacement has major risks involved but it sums it up that we are no doubt paying outrageous wages, some kind of tie-in with his infernal soccer school, and the consolation point is that "he makes some saves" and "is always available".

An absolutely dire signing.
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 12:31 - Feb 15 with 1347 viewsHooping_Mad

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 12:26 - Feb 15 by GaryBannister86

I get the point that every replacement has major risks involved but it sums it up that we are no doubt paying outrageous wages, some kind of tie-in with his infernal soccer school, and the consolation point is that "he makes some saves" and "is always available".

An absolutely dire signing.

Not arguing that.

I called it at the time, but if he's here till may then we may as well try and get behind him now.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 13:05 - Feb 15 with 1255 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 07:07 - Feb 15 by Malintabuk

I know what you mean, but it's symbolic isn't it? If he's acting as the outfield captain, what difference will it make if he's suddenly wearing the armband?
Derry was essentially captain in 2011, but Adel wore the armband. Unless Cook has magic powers with a coin toss, it won't make any difference.

Bare bones.

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 13:43 - Feb 15 with 1119 viewsslmrstid

I wouldn't be surprised if there is pay and contractual terms around the Captaincy at football clubs these days, and not just something handed out at the manager's whim.
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 14:00 - Feb 15 with 1066 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 00:11 - Feb 15 by rbee

Words. But respect to Hayden for coming out and giving the interview.

The more I waste my time thinking about tonight's game I think that we were not mentally prepared for the game.

Over the years you have heard that Peter Taylor did most of the coaching and Brian Clough did his best work in the five minutes before kick off.

Supposedly we have a few more leaders in the squad now but where is our Zinchenko? You have seen him revving up his team mates at both Manchester City and Arsenal before kick off.

Recently at Arsenal I saw him get everyone in to a huddle on the pitch before kick off and stood in the middle, shouting, pointing, encouraging, and he isn't the team Captain! Would like to see even half this amount of desire to win from our lot.

Off topic, but wasn't it Jimmy Gordon at Forest who took training? Peter Taylor was mainly involved in spotting/bringing in new players. I thought.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 16:58 - Feb 15 with 951 viewsDeanoMD

No he was meant to be marking the scorer but he lost him, it was a complete mess in the box in terms of our defending for the corner.

I think Marti's idea of the big men attacking the space/ball is ok in theory but in practice it leaves a lot to be desired, last night a prime example.

You'd think at some point someone would say let's go back to basics, man for man and match up in terms of size etc. At least then each player knows their job clearly and be more responsible. Maybe that's too simple for the modern day game.
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 17:00 - Feb 15 with 941 viewskernowhoop

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 12:07 - Feb 15 by slmrstid

Shill is a modern word for selling, think of it as a similar use to flogging. Begovic has been selling his match used gloves from games recently.

Thank you!
Hayden on tonight's defeat on 19:31 - Feb 15 with 767 viewsStanisgod

Hayden on tonight's defeat on 00:19 - Feb 15 by ted_hendrix

It's a joke he's the captain, should be Albert

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024