Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO meeting 13:48 - Feb 27 with 15767 viewsTK1

I note from social media a small group of fans saying they were invited to a meeting with CEO Christian Nourry yesterday, subsequently drip-feeding info about it: he's fallen in love with QPR, we might change the pre-match music, he's got the best interests of club at heart, he really cares, etc etc...

Has very strong early Paladini vibes to it. Get a few fans onside, privately, tell them what they want to hear, no official club note made of it but message that is required to be spread gets out there.

It'll end in tears for all. Fans forums are excruciating, but the only way this kind of communication with fans can work, that and official interviews. I assume there'll be an LFW interview soon, hopefully from this event. But until then every fan at that meet is being played, just as all the season ticket holders not invited are.

New CEO meeting on 14:32 - Feb 27 with 5802 viewsTheChef

Healthy dose of cynicism there

Yeah I'm not clear either which group of fans met with him, but at least it's a bit of engagement from the club compared to what went before.

Thought I read Clive has some time booked in to interview Nourry?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New CEO meeting on 14:50 - Feb 27 with 5698 viewsTK1

New CEO meeting on 14:32 - Feb 27 by TheChef

Healthy dose of cynicism there

Yeah I'm not clear either which group of fans met with him, but at least it's a bit of engagement from the club compared to what went before.

Thought I read Clive has some time booked in to interview Nourry?

Experience, not cynicism. All this nonsense drove wedges between fans in the past.

If you start a social account and call yourself Up The Talking Loft Superhoop Rangers Boys and eventually have a few thousand followers by pumping out inane posts about impossible formations or who's 'cooking', who the club should 'bring' etc then you get invited to have some PR poured into you by the wide-boy CEO and then the club have a free propaganda service for a while. It's no coincidence this has happened the week accounts came out and before FFP calculations. So now there's a big debate about changing the music we run out to, which is a handy channel switch.

This kind of nonsense with Paladini is how we ended up with Q Block Pete (wither he now?) etc. It mustn't pass.
New CEO meeting on 14:54 - Feb 27 with 5668 viewsTheChef

New CEO meeting on 14:50 - Feb 27 by TK1

Experience, not cynicism. All this nonsense drove wedges between fans in the past.

If you start a social account and call yourself Up The Talking Loft Superhoop Rangers Boys and eventually have a few thousand followers by pumping out inane posts about impossible formations or who's 'cooking', who the club should 'bring' etc then you get invited to have some PR poured into you by the wide-boy CEO and then the club have a free propaganda service for a while. It's no coincidence this has happened the week accounts came out and before FFP calculations. So now there's a big debate about changing the music we run out to, which is a handy channel switch.

This kind of nonsense with Paladini is how we ended up with Q Block Pete (wither he now?) etc. It mustn't pass.

Well the previous regime avoided that by not really talking to any fans

So let's see what happens over the next few months (regardless of red herrings like what walkout music the team has FFS).

New CEO meeting on 15:01 - Feb 27 with 5604 viewsWegerles_Stairs

New CEO meeting on 15:02 - Feb 27 with 5607 viewsNorthernr

Well, my God, after the last 20 years at QPR do I completely get where you're coming from TK, as you know you and I are very much aligned on our thoughts of where QPR are, are going, and should be.

I don't know if this will allay your fears or exacerbate them but for what it's worth...

There was an introductory meeting with Christian Nourry at Loftus Road last night, and all the fan sites and podcasts were there including us - 20 or so people. AKUTR's Dave drove down so it was all the old school and all the newer pods, channels etc. I believe Nourry's going round meeting all sorts of fan groups, stakeholders, the council and so on at the moment. For me I think that's a good idea on his part, he needs to hear it, from as many people as possible. These things used to be quite regular whenever a new CEO/DOF/manager arrived.

Rather than a sort of interview/forum/q&a thing it was a very much more informal chance for us to introduce ourselves to him, explain who we are and get a few of our concerns of our chests. I think there was literally one point where the guy didn't speak for half an hour because it was just people unloading. I went pretty big on the no longer revealing the contract lengths, explaining that after watching our club driven to the brink of League One by decisions around contracts made by people who have now all walked away and left us to our Stockport Away fate it was a bit bloody much for the club to now be giving it high and mighty about telling us even less than they were before.

Others talked about statue for Stan, ticketing, marketing the club. He told us a bit about him, his background, and we discussed ways we can improve communication in future, hopefully so the club can stop falling over its own feet all the time.

He listened, took the points away, we'll see what he does with them. And, look, I get the concern, but nobody from the club has spoken to any of any of us in any capacity bar one farcical fans forum and my interviews with Ainsworth (July) and Les (February) in more than a year now. I've been lobbying them to do more stuff like this and reconnect with the support base and as a first step, an introductory meeting, with fans forums and interviews etc to follow I thought it was reasonably useful.

Better than nothing (which is what we had before) and a kicking off point (with judgements to be reached on how he does and what enagegment we get in the future TBC).
New CEO meeting on 15:08 - Feb 27 with 5567 viewsHunterhoop

New CEO meeting on 15:02 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Well, my God, after the last 20 years at QPR do I completely get where you're coming from TK, as you know you and I are very much aligned on our thoughts of where QPR are, are going, and should be.

I don't know if this will allay your fears or exacerbate them but for what it's worth...

There was an introductory meeting with Christian Nourry at Loftus Road last night, and all the fan sites and podcasts were there including us - 20 or so people. AKUTR's Dave drove down so it was all the old school and all the newer pods, channels etc. I believe Nourry's going round meeting all sorts of fan groups, stakeholders, the council and so on at the moment. For me I think that's a good idea on his part, he needs to hear it, from as many people as possible. These things used to be quite regular whenever a new CEO/DOF/manager arrived.

Rather than a sort of interview/forum/q&a thing it was a very much more informal chance for us to introduce ourselves to him, explain who we are and get a few of our concerns of our chests. I think there was literally one point where the guy didn't speak for half an hour because it was just people unloading. I went pretty big on the no longer revealing the contract lengths, explaining that after watching our club driven to the brink of League One by decisions around contracts made by people who have now all walked away and left us to our Stockport Away fate it was a bit bloody much for the club to now be giving it high and mighty about telling us even less than they were before.

Others talked about statue for Stan, ticketing, marketing the club. He told us a bit about him, his background, and we discussed ways we can improve communication in future, hopefully so the club can stop falling over its own feet all the time.

He listened, took the points away, we'll see what he does with them. And, look, I get the concern, but nobody from the club has spoken to any of any of us in any capacity bar one farcical fans forum and my interviews with Ainsworth (July) and Les (February) in more than a year now. I've been lobbying them to do more stuff like this and reconnect with the support base and as a first step, an introductory meeting, with fans forums and interviews etc to follow I thought it was reasonably useful.

Better than nothing (which is what we had before) and a kicking off point (with judgements to be reached on how he does and what enagegment we get in the future TBC).

Did you get a sense of whether he was more DOF or CEO?

Any sense of a vision of what we want to be (and where) and a strategy for how we achieve that?

I’m just not sure how you can make decisions on anything else (players, managers, revenue streams, academies, operations, refurbishments, ticketing, food, booze, statues, mascots, club pets, etc) without knowing the vision.
New CEO meeting on 15:13 - Feb 27 with 5539 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 15:08 - Feb 27 by Hunterhoop

Any sense of a vision of what we want to be (and where) and a strategy for how we achieve that?

I’m just not sure how you can make decisions on anything else (players, managers, revenue streams, academies, operations, refurbishments, ticketing, food, booze, statues, mascots, club pets, etc) without knowing the vision.

Like I say it was more us talking than him, but as I've been reporting for a while I suspect the DOF hunt is over and it's him - a much more continental set up with a football focused CEO and an empowered head of recruitment.
New CEO meeting on 15:34 - Feb 27 with 5436 viewsTheChef

New CEO meeting on 15:08 - Feb 27 by Hunterhoop

I think the key takeout is we'll be running out to Simply The Best.
[Post edited 27 Feb 15:34]

Login to get fewer ads

New CEO meeting on 15:46 - Feb 27 with 5354 viewsdmm

Clive, did he give any response to your issue around the nondisclosure of players' contract lengths?
New CEO meeting on 16:30 - Feb 27 with 5136 viewsStainrod

New CEO meeting on 15:13 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Like I say it was more us talking than him, but as I've been reporting for a while I suspect the DOF hunt is over and it's him - a much more continental set up with a football focused CEO and an empowered head of recruitment.

I'm grateful to super-fans or site owners or whatever you want to call them engaging like that on behalf of those of us who can't be bothered.

I get that anyone sitting in an armchair has little right to question.

All I would say is your remark "more us talking than him" is precisely why these sort of events make me cringe. Yes he should listen to fans concerns but I remember the last fans forum I could bring myself to listen to (it was a few ago now) was just dominated by bores banging on about their pet issue (the beer, the bogs etc). I mean, I'm as frustrated as the next fan that Hoos seemed so uninterested in improving the match day experience (I thought that's what American sports supremos excelled in) but there were/ are so many more important questions to get answered.

As a fan I would be far more interested to learn what HE thought - what is his vision for the club? Is the strategy to still develop players to sell or is that model bust in the post-covid world? Obvs whether we are OK for FFP? Are they waiting till end of the season to talk to out of contract players? Is there scope for player purchases next season? Is there any chance of new investors etc etc. I would treat all these occasions as a potential reporter's opportunity to get information, but the danger is every fans bangs on about their pet issue, the powers that be pretend to listen and as soon as its over they think "box ticked, thank f*ck I don't have to do that for another six months" and promptly forget everything that was said to them.

Obvs I hope I am wrong in this case and I might have missed the flavour of the meeting entirely. In any event encouraging that he is engaging.
New CEO meeting on 16:32 - Feb 27 with 5116 viewsHunterhoop

New CEO meeting on 15:13 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Thanks, Clive. That’s fine. However a football focussed CEO with no DOF still needs to a) identify a vision and, b) sell it to everyone else, before you can start making any decisions. Otherwise you’re working blind.

You need to know the destination before you start walking in any old direction for risk of it being the wrong one. And it will help everyone else understand why you’re walking in that direction too.
New CEO meeting on 16:34 - Feb 27 with 5103 viewsdaveB

I was meant to go last night but had train trouble so missed out, think they did similar with Hoos at first with podcasts and websites invited for a chat more for the clubs benefit than fans

I don't think it's a bad thing, the Paladini thing was very different in inviting certain fans and gifting them things so they would spread his propaganda, hopefully that isn't the plan here, would be surprised if it is and knowing the people who were invited like Clive and DT I'd trust them to not be manipulated
[Post edited 27 Feb 16:35]
New CEO meeting on 16:50 - Feb 27 with 4992 viewsswisscottage

Nourry's not going to win with some fans no matter what he does.

He's not going to fix the club overnight, and he's not necessarily going to know all the problems that need fixing straight off the bat... certainly not the ones most concerning to the fanbase unless he has some form off communication with them.

How is he supposed to know what the biggest concerns are amongst the fanbase without meetings like the one he's just had?

Time will tell whether he acts on anything, but listening and identifying a priority list of things that need addressing is the first thing. I can't see where people get off criticising for that ?
New CEO meeting on 16:57 - Feb 27 with 4942 viewsTK1

New CEO meeting on 15:02 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Fair dinkum. Appreciate the insight. If DT is there then all is well.

My only advice to them is around news management of this kind of carry-on, then. Some of the stuff on X about it is massively cringe-making.
New CEO meeting on 17:04 - Feb 27 with 4882 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 16:57 - Feb 27 by TK1

Fair dinkum. Appreciate the insight. If DT is there then all is well.

My only advice to them is around news management of this kind of carry-on, then. Some of the stuff on X about it is massively cringe-making.

And, again, I agree with you. I would, and do, go about it a bit differently for the reasons you would know.

But, tbf to the club’s media lads, the point I made to them a couple of years back was when these meetings used to take place it was the same old people saying the same old things. And I mean properly cringe stuff - time spent over whether we’re formed in 1882 or 1886 etc, the same old voices dominating the meetings about the same old stuff.

I was basically the youngest person on the zoom calls, me and Saffa.

So I said they should try and get some of these younger fans involved, and when you do that it comes with things that to you and I seem like nonsense. But it’s not good having a room of 40+ blokes chafing on about the same old sht, we do need to take these younger guys with us and grow the support. Albeit, I agree, I wouldn’t be putting out some of the stuff that’s been put out.
New CEO meeting on 17:05 - Feb 27 with 4860 viewsessextaxiboy

New CEO meeting on 14:50 - Feb 27 by TK1

Q Block Pete was in my row in F Block for the Norwich game (no drum)
New CEO meeting on 17:07 - Feb 27 with 4822 viewsstevec

Did he mention dropping the seat backs down six inches so my knees aren’t permanently embedded?
New CEO meeting on 17:07 - Feb 27 with 4815 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 16:50 - Feb 27 by swisscottage

Nourry's not going to win with some fans no matter what he does.

He's not going to fix the club overnight, and he's not necessarily going to know all the problems that need fixing straight off the bat... certainly not the ones most concerning to the fanbase unless he has some form off communication with them.

How is he supposed to know what the biggest concerns are amongst the fanbase without meetings like the one he's just had?

Time will tell whether he acts on anything, but listening and identifying a priority list of things that need addressing is the first thing. I can't see where people get off criticising for that ?

Agree. Jury v firmly out with me. He’s good in the room but I don’t care about that tbh.

If I’d taken over CEO at QPR I would want as many meetings like this to hear what people think of my business. That’s what he’s doing. You can’t meet with all 16,000 people who were there on Saturday. I think it’s a good thing he wants to engage. What he does with it, then we’ll judge.
New CEO meeting on 17:09 - Feb 27 with 4800 viewsessextaxiboy

If all the Fans groups , sites and pods were there and especially Clive to represent us then It seems a positive thing .
Paladini employed a divide and rule approach .
New CEO meeting on 17:09 - Feb 27 with 4799 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 16:32 - Feb 27 by Hunterhoop

Thanks, Clive. That’s fine. However a football focussed CEO with no DOF still needs to a) identify a vision and, b) sell it to everyone else, before you can start making any decisions. Otherwise you’re working blind.

You need to know the destination before you start walking in any old direction for risk of it being the wrong one. And it will help everyone else understand why you’re walking in that direction too.

You also know that you and I are very aligned, and when hopefully in time it’s my turn to interview him I’ll grill on exactly that sort of thing.
New CEO meeting on 17:20 - Feb 27 with 4674 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 16:30 - Feb 27 by Stainrod

I'm grateful to super-fans or site owners or whatever you want to call them engaging like that on behalf of those of us who can't be bothered.

I get that anyone sitting in an armchair has little right to question.

All I would say is your remark "more us talking than him" is precisely why these sort of events make me cringe. Yes he should listen to fans concerns but I remember the last fans forum I could bring myself to listen to (it was a few ago now) was just dominated by bores banging on about their pet issue (the beer, the bogs etc). I mean, I'm as frustrated as the next fan that Hoos seemed so uninterested in improving the match day experience (I thought that's what American sports supremos excelled in) but there were/ are so many more important questions to get answered.

As a fan I would be far more interested to learn what HE thought - what is his vision for the club? Is the strategy to still develop players to sell or is that model bust in the post-covid world? Obvs whether we are OK for FFP? Are they waiting till end of the season to talk to out of contract players? Is there scope for player purchases next season? Is there any chance of new investors etc etc. I would treat all these occasions as a potential reporter's opportunity to get information, but the danger is every fans bangs on about their pet issue, the powers that be pretend to listen and as soon as its over they think "box ticked, thank f*ck I don't have to do that for another six months" and promptly forget everything that was said to them.

Obvs I hope I am wrong in this case and I might have missed the flavour of the meeting entirely. In any event encouraging that he is engaging.

Super fans, unhelpful mate. I don’t see myself as that at all. You can’t meet with all 9000 season ticket holders. He’s meeting and talking and listening which is right. The supporters consultation committee doesn’t include any of the sites or podcast, I assume he’ll be meeting with them too.

However, like you, I find some of the stuff utterly cringe. People banging on about trivial this and that - WE’RE LOSING £20M A YEAR WE’’RE GOING TO LEAGUE ONE WHAT THE FCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? I’d like to tell a long drawn out story about the stewarding of coaches to Fleetwood. Fck off honestly.

There were moments last night when I just couldn’t believe people care about this rubbish, you’re talking to the CEO of the company for goodness sake. But they probably thought that about me and my points. The more meetings you have, the broader cross section you hear from, the better the quality of info you get. what matters to you and I may not matter to any number of other qpr fans and they’re entitled to a view.

I think it’s good he’s doing this. I’m not going to turn down the chance to put what I think my audience’s priorities are for fear of being portrayed as in the pocket of the club. Honestly I hate everything QPR have done recently, I’ll say and write what I think, if they object to that I’m now at the stage where I don’t give a sht.
New CEO meeting on 17:21 - Feb 27 with 4657 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I never knew till this morning that Palace have an 'anthem' now. Or is it just Glad All Over?
[Post edited 27 Feb 17:24]
New CEO meeting on 17:45 - Feb 27 with 4533 viewsMedwayR

New CEO meeting on 17:21 - Feb 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

I never knew till this morning that Palace have an 'anthem' now. Or is it just Glad All Over?
[Post edited 27 Feb 17:24]

‘Wheels on the bus’ knowing those retards.

Poll: Who’s better?

New CEO meeting on 17:57 - Feb 27 with 4465 viewsStainrod

New CEO meeting on 17:20 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Super fans, unhelpful mate. I don’t see myself as that at all. You can’t meet with all 9000 season ticket holders. He’s meeting and talking and listening which is right. The supporters consultation committee doesn’t include any of the sites or podcast, I assume he’ll be meeting with them too.

However, like you, I find some of the stuff utterly cringe. People banging on about trivial this and that - WE’RE LOSING £20M A YEAR WE’’RE GOING TO LEAGUE ONE WHAT THE FCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? I’d like to tell a long drawn out story about the stewarding of coaches to Fleetwood. Fck off honestly.

There were moments last night when I just couldn’t believe people care about this rubbish, you’re talking to the CEO of the company for goodness sake. But they probably thought that about me and my points. The more meetings you have, the broader cross section you hear from, the better the quality of info you get. what matters to you and I may not matter to any number of other qpr fans and they’re entitled to a view.

I think it’s good he’s doing this. I’m not going to turn down the chance to put what I think my audience’s priorities are for fear of being portrayed as in the pocket of the club. Honestly I hate everything QPR have done recently, I’ll say and write what I think, if they object to that I’m now at the stage where I don’t give a sht.

All good points, it sounds as if we are aligned.

Re the label "super-fan" - was not meaning to be in any way arch, perhaps unusually for me.

Re the questions: I guess its the problem with any voluntary organisation. If any of you have been involved with a local political party (of any political persuasion) you will know that the meetings are beyond exasperating: boring points, boring people, boring procedures, everyone with their hobby horse, which they flog in total obliviousness to how this is going down in the room, and only a tiny minority seeing the big picture. Really the kind of people who if they came up to you in a pub, you would run away, even without your pint, they are that bad.

I wonder were there to be a future one like this if the participants could have a pre-discussion (as you would prior to any business meeting with a senior external figure) and agree some questions in advance, trying as diplomatically as possible to knock back the bollox about coaches to Fleetwood and get in a bit more of the "are we completely f*cked or just under a bit of pressure right now" kind of questions, which is surely what ultimately is going to concern most fans the most? They probably should have another meeting with a head of operations/ head of logistics type person when all the small stuff can be aired. Think most of us would agree there is a huge amount here that could be improved, some of it cheaply. But just as if you get a chance to speak to the prime minister you don't ask him about traffic cones, you don't ask the CEO about buses....
New CEO meeting on 18:02 - Feb 27 with 4416 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Fair play to the bloke for meeting, not sure he should be knocked for doing it quite yet. I think it probably reflects more on us as fans and the history of this club if some have a healthy dose of cynicism.

I only want assurances that their is a plan to get this club we all love back on track. And that they will stick with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024