Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? 12:11 - Mar 3 with 17167 viewslosethedrum

Given that for every saturday home league game this season there have been around a thousand R's fans with restricted views & we really need this not to be like a home game for Weds maybe just give them the 1800 odd upstairs .
Before anyone tells me that we can then only sell 900 or so of the lower tier to our supporters we gave the whole end including lower tier to Watford & then shut off both of the end blocks Z1 & Z6 so only 900/1000 in there anyway , understand this for Wall but Watford are not a risk in any way shape or form .
Sell lower tier at full price £31 to Rangers & let more of our support have an unrestricted view .
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 21:31 - Mar 3 with 3692 viewsstainrods_elbow

Have some pride, and give them the bare minimum!

Incidentally, does anyone know why the first 3/4 rows of the School End Lower were empty for the Rotherham game (a supposed sell-out)? I find it annoying as the capacity is small enough as it is.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 22:17 - Mar 3 with 3632 viewsloftboy

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 21:31 - Mar 3 by stainrods_elbow

Incidentally, does anyone know why the first 3/4 rows of the School End Lower were empty for the Rotherham game (a supposed sell-out)? I find it annoying as the capacity is small enough as it is.

Probably to stop stuff being thrown down on them,the first few rows are visible from above.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 21:06 - Mar 4 with 3363 viewsTGRRRSSS

Wednesday will sell out they travel well, we should eell out too so, financially for QPR that's key.

Should ge great atmosphere but see why we should do minimum

That way is less money with ffp etc
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 21:28 - Mar 4 with 3311 viewsRangersw12

Did you go ? 👀
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 08:43 - Mar 5 with 3167 viewsAndybrat

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 13:34 - Mar 3 by Rangersw12

Simple solution for the Leeds game is allow them to do a beam back at Elland Road

Don't think we should be giving them 2800 ticket just because they might try and get in the home end ( again easily solved only sell tickets to people on our database ) they would be giving us lowest allocation possible if it was the other way round that's for sure

With Leeds we should do a deal, if they beat Stoke tonight they get the top tier if they don’t they get the top row of the top tier.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 13:23 - Mar 5 with 3014 viewsstainrods_elbow

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 21:28 - Mar 4 by Rangersw12

Did you go ? 👀

Sorry - what's the relevance?

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 13:31 - Mar 5 with 3008 viewsfrancisbowles

Personally, I'd prefer the atmosphere if there was less Wednesday, Lids or whoever and more Rrrrs.

If we really think we can get the equivalent revenue from the lower tier and some extra merchandising by making it a home zone, then we must do it.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 13:33 - Mar 5 with 3008 viewsJuzzie

"Sell-Out" doesn't necessarily mean sold out to capacity, it'll be to tickets made available.

When we take the lower-school end for QPR fans the first few rows are usually unavailable due to being exposed to people above.

Maybe the club could rotate it if there's enough home demand.... make the first few rows in the top tier unavailable and open up the whole lower tier to home fans.
Login to get fewer ads

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 14:30 - Mar 5 with 2948 viewsQPRConor2000

I do wonder if there is already talks about only giving away fans the upper tier for the remaining home games.

I would imagine Leeds, Birmingham and Sheff Wed could sell the 3000 wed allocate them, but I think given our attendances have gone up this season, it would be sensible to only give them the upper tier which is 1800 ish.

We have to take every advantage imo.
[Post edited 5 Mar 14:46]
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 19:19 - Mar 5 with 2789 viewsstainrods_elbow

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 13:33 - Mar 5 by Juzzie

"Sell-Out" doesn't necessarily mean sold out to capacity, it'll be to tickets made available.

When we take the lower-school end for QPR fans the first few rows are usually unavailable due to being exposed to people above.

Maybe the club could rotate it if there's enough home demand.... make the first few rows in the top tier unavailable and open up the whole lower tier to home fans.

What a pitiful and stupid indictment of football's 'people' in that case! But isn't keeping order what the stewards and plods are for? In that event, I agree, hold back the first three or four rows of the upper tier. Either way, it's sad that football fans still seem to be among the most paranoia-generating and/or cretinous lower echelon of the human tribe (or both).
[Post edited 5 Mar 19:20]

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 09:14 - Mar 6 with 2606 viewsfrancisbowles

Is it realistic to block off the front rows of the upper tier and expect all away fans to respect that?
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 09:57 - Mar 6 with 2491 viewsPunteR

Looked like a school trip in that part of the ground. Hoards of next generation QPR fans. :)
No idea why the first few rows where empty, maybe a safety thing if schools had kids there. ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 10:20 - Mar 6 with 2444 viewspaulhoop2

I’d say old bill will have a say on allocations for Leeds. If pitch invasion which usually happens last game of season is factored they won’t want 1200 Leeds being able to hop on from the lower to give a friendly greeting ! Think Birmingham may also be cut due to previous Agro

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 15:34 - Mar 6 with 2287 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 09:14 - Mar 6 by francisbowles

Is it realistic to block off the front rows of the upper tier and expect all away fans to respect that?

Don’t think we can due to the 10% rule unless it’s a small away following.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 17:09 - Mar 6 with 2196 viewsNed_Kennedys

You’d hope it’s been a very short discussion at the club: minimum allowance to the away team for ALL the remaining of the season.
We’ll need all the help possible to stay up: as stated by others Sheff Weds and Leeds etc would definitely do the same to us.
[Post edited 6 Mar 17:09]
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 17:12 - Mar 6 with 2182 viewsMick_S

No. That’s twice now and I’ll say it again.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 17:35 - Mar 6 with 2130 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Loftus Road capacity is 18,439. 10% of that is 1843 which is pretty much the upper tier of the School End. Consequently, QPR's obligation to the away club is fulfilled by just providing the upper tier.

The board can always hedge its bets by offering the upper tier initially and then tracking home sales to assess the viability of offering the lower tier. With the team in good form, tickets selling well of late, and this fixture looking like a 6-pointer, I suspect that home fans will come in numbers and it won't be necessary to offer Sheffield Wednesday more.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 12:50 - Mar 12 with 1862 viewsdaveB

Tickets on sale now and none in school end so guess they have the whole end
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 13:40 - Mar 12 with 1717 viewsBklynRanger

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 13:54 - Mar 3 by QPRConor2000

Under EFL regs you only have to give 10% of the capacity to away fans, or 2000 if capacity is above 20k, so thats about 1800 tickets, which is roughly the same size as the upper tier.

I personally would only give the upper tier for the remaining home games, and do we know attendances have risen recently, so I personally would give the school lower to home fans for all remaining home games this season.

Agree with all of that.

There is also the option to transform our home form by giving teams 3 stands and we all cram in the school end, thus transforming it into an away fixture and reaping the extra ppg's.

Classic Nourry-ball.

Not Leeds though, the experiment doesn't stretch that far.
[Post edited 12 Mar 13:42]
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 21:38 - Mar 12 with 1458 viewsQPRConor2000

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 12:50 - Mar 12 by daveB

I know for high risk games they keep the lower tier empty, that might be the case for Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham
[Post edited 12 Mar 21:40]
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 22:16 - Mar 12 with 1386 viewsGroveR

I'm a big fan of the "Twenty's Plenty" campaign to limit away tickets to £20 so think we should run our own campaign.

"A Ton's the One (Eee Bah Gum)" would see us charging all Yorkshire clubs just £100 a ticket for the opportunity to take in the panoramic vistas of the school end. Aside from the obvious financial benefits, visiting fans would be so incensed they'd spend 90mins moaning amongst themselves about how expensive "that there London" is and forget to support their team. Win/win lads.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 22:44 - Mar 12 with 1344 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 12:50 - Mar 12 by daveB

As I said earlier, the board still has time to hedge its bets. The game is almost 4 weeks away.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 20:43 - Mar 13 with 1032 viewsQPRConor2000

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/the-capital-awaits-bluenoses

This is very interesting, appears the club have only given Birmingham an allocation of 1816 tickets, which is the upper tier only.

Wonder if this is what will give Leeds, Preston and Sheff Wed.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 20:47 - Mar 13 with 1015 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 20:43 - Mar 13 by QPRConor2000

This is very interesting, appears the club have only given Birmingham an allocation of 1816 tickets, which is the upper tier only.

Sensible innit. Can always give them more if we choose to but Good Friday and in our situation we should be selling it out comfortably. Also stops the less frequent and likely scummier element of their support out from their big day in London.
Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 20:47 - Mar 13 with 1013 viewsMick_S

Should Sheff Weds get whole school end ? on 20:43 - Mar 13 by QPRConor2000

Good. The Capital is waiting.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024