Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . 22:32 - Mar 6 with 8033 viewsCLAREMAN1995

That thrilling ending is pure QPR under Marti refusing to lie down and deserving all 3 points just having to settle for 1
Its also pure QPR to get the most incompetent ,horrible ref in charge of one of the most vital games so far .
He did not give that penalty as far as I could see it was the linesman .
The handball /straight red card not spotted was pure Stroud if not way worse .
Paul Smyth was dragged down by the shirt in front of the world yet he simply stood by the throw in to WBA and their nasty defender who just smirked away .
Field I think was smashed into the boards yet he just waved another throw in.
Fox got pushed in the back fell to the ground in a critical late attack yet he made no call only let WBA have the throw /advantage .0
Did I forget anything because he probably made a few more fcuk ups .
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:36 - Mar 6 with 4146 viewsstainrods_elbow

If I were Marti, I'd call him out in no uncertain terms on camera post-match, and then appeal (or just refuse to pay) any fine. If we go down as a result of the officials tonight, the club should sue the EFL. First Sunderland, now this. It's basically defrauding supporters and belittling the game.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:39 - Mar 6 with 4125 viewsStreathamRanger

Up until the penalty he was alright. Let the game flow. Didn't blow his whistle every 5 seconds. After the penalty, he lost the plot.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:41 - Mar 6 with 4108 viewsted_hendrix

Replays showed that Kipre used his hand to prevent a goal - an offence which would almost certainly have resulted in a red card as well as a penalty had it been spotted.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:42 - Mar 6 with 4086 viewsBrianMcCarthy

None of our players spotted the handball either, to be fair Bannerman.

The peno was on the lino's side, so fair dues to the lino for giving it but the ref looked atthe lino straight away and took his word for it, so he did well there.

The shirt-pull...he may have been unsighted but the lino not seeing it was really odd.

I saw our player getting pushed in the back for that long throw-in. Thought that was a blatant peno, but again none of our players seemd to appeal for it either.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:48 - Mar 6 with 3966 viewsstainrods_elbow

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:42 - Mar 6 by BrianMcCarthy

The peno was on the lino's side, so fair dues to the lino for giving it but the ref looked atthe lino straight away and took his word for it, so he did well there.

The shirt-pull...he may have been unsighted but the lino not seeing it was really odd.

I saw our player getting pushed in the back for that long throw-in. Thought that was a blatant peno, but again none of our players seemd to appeal for it either.

Some of these so-called assistants are as bad as, or even worse, than the refs themselves. Whatever they're paid, a lot of them shouldn't be.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:51 - Mar 6 with 3937 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:42 - Mar 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Frey did (unsurprising given he'd just missed a penalty moments earlier). In any event, it's not the players' job to spot handballs, it's the officials'. These mistakes only serve to increase the clamour for VAR in the Championship. There's too much riding on it to just put it down to one of those things.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:53 - Mar 6 with 3887 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:51 - Mar 6 by Benny_the_Ball

Frey did (unsurprising given he'd just missed a penalty moments earlier). In any event, it's not the players' job to spot handballs, it's the officials'. These mistakes only serve to increase the clamour for VAR in the Championship. There's too much riding on it to just put it down to one of those things.

Oh God, no.

Not VAR, Benny. I hate it.

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:55 - Mar 6 with 3843 viewsGus_iom

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:51 - Mar 6 by Benny_the_Ball

Yeah, but the point is it was difficult to see in real time - most of our players didn't, I didn't.
Did think the ref lost it after giving us the penalty though, and I'm 50 - 50 on that one.
Login to get fewer ads

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:58 - Mar 6 with 3778 viewsdavman

As the main ref hater / abuser on here, I can safely say he was far from the worst we've had at LR this season.

The pen he gave was less of a pen than the one he ignored earlier; the Kipre cheat wasn't seen by anyone else at the time other than Frey. Shirt pulls on Smyth were an embarrassment, but I've seen worse. The "dangerous play" before Frey's offside goal was a foul and an offside.

He was utter shite, but simply not the worst.

VAR anyone?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:59 - Mar 6 with 3764 viewsqueensparker

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:53 - Mar 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Oh God, no.

To be fair on the handball I was there and had no idea and neither did anyone in the ground. In fact I’ve only just read about it. Can’t blame the ref for missing it too.

Fkin brilliant game tho. Really enjoyed it
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:59 - Mar 6 with 3756 viewsrbee

During the post match interview Cook said that he saw the handball which surprised me as nobody but Frey appealed, we really need to get better at this.

I don't blame the Ref for not spotting this one, it took Sky several replays to see it. As Marti said hopefully the next time a similar decision goes our way.

For something like this there should be a retrospective punishment though, cheating should not be swept under the carpet.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:00 - Mar 6 with 3757 viewsGus_iom

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:53 - Mar 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Oh God, no.

For us, but not the opposition, works for me.
If we had VAR, I wonder If the ref gives the first penalty? He had a think before awarding it, he might have left it to VAR, who might have decided it wasn't a clear and obvious mistake.
Freys penalty was a clear and obvious mistake, mind.
Anyway, we've hit a rich vein If form, and look to be getting better, if anything.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:00 - Mar 6 with 3753 viewsDoudou87

Despite the obvious bad calls, my biggest frustration was a throw in situation. Second half,ball goes out on the right, think it was Ajayi, picks it up from where its left the pitch, in the meantime I believe it was Furlong picks a spare ball up from about 20 yards further down the line and is allowed to continue play. This all occurred in our half, nothing came of it but how this is allowed to happen is beyond me.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:01 - Mar 6 with 3711 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:55 - Mar 6 by Gus_iom

Yeah, but the point is it was difficult to see in real time - most of our players didn't, I didn't.
Did think the ref lost it after giving us the penalty though, and I'm 50 - 50 on that one.

I spotted it. Perhaps you didn't because you were caught up in the emotion of the game. If so, that's fair enough because you're a supporter, not a match official. The officials are paid to officiate and should have spotted the handball. NO EXCUSES.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:03 - Mar 6 with 3687 viewsGus_iom

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:01 - Mar 6 by Benny_the_Ball

I spotted it. Perhaps you didn't because you were caught up in the emotion of the game. If so, that's fair enough because you're a supporter, not a match official. The officials are paid to officiate and should have spotted the handball. NO EXCUSES.

Fair enough!
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:04 - Mar 6 with 3652 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Oh God, no.

That's exactly my point, Bri. I hate VAR too but if officials keep missing blatant cheating then it will come in because there is too much riding on these matches to allow these mistakes to to continue.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:05 - Mar 6 with 3629 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:04 - Mar 6 by Benny_the_Ball

That's exactly my point, Bri. I hate VAR too but if officials keep missing blatant cheating then it will come in because there is too much riding on these matches to allow these mistakes to to continue.

Get your point, Benny.

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:08 - Mar 6 with 3556 viewsBklynRanger

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:59 - Mar 6 by queensparker

To be fair on the handball I was there and had no idea and neither did anyone in the ground. In fact I’ve only just read about it. Can’t blame the ref for missing it too.

Yeah I thought it was a world class save all the way home until about 2 mins ago. They actually showed the replay on the screen afterwards too.

Motherfcuker.

Thought the ref for the (I think) Huddersfield game was worse tbh.

Superb effort tonight anyway.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:11 - Mar 6 with 3528 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:05 - Mar 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Get your point, Benny.

It's either that or introduce a new rule to enable retrospective bans for such cheating. We already have one for foul play that isn't spotted in real time.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:16 - Mar 6 with 3488 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:59 - Mar 6 by queensparker

You may have missed it but there were plenty in the ground who didn't. That's why Kipre was incessantly boo'd for the reminder of the match.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:30 - Mar 6 with 3335 viewsChrisNW6

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:16 - Mar 6 by Benny_the_Ball

You may have missed it but there were plenty in the ground who didn't. That's why Kipre was incessantly boo'd for the reminder of the match.

Not sure where you sit Benny but that was a great spot. I think most of the booing started after the Sky replays confirmed it and the news filtered through on people's phones. I shouted handball at the time but only after noticing Freys reaction.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:36 - Mar 6 with 3249 viewsWatford_Ranger

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:30 - Mar 6 by ChrisNW6

Not sure where you sit Benny but that was a great spot. I think most of the booing started after the Sky replays confirmed it and the news filtered through on people's phones. I shouted handball at the time but only after noticing Freys reaction.

Agree. I was in NL and while it seemed almost too good a clearance to get that strong a head on it from there I saw no hand. Would like to know what view the ref had though as between him and the lino it’s an incredible miss really.

For most of the game I thought he was fine. There was nothing to ref in the first half then seemed desperate for a breather for the last 15 minutes so was delighted at the opportunity to give a cheap defensive free kick.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:44 - Mar 6 with 3195 viewsBlackCrowe

It was so odd...he seemed so solid up until the lino had to point out our penalty and then completely unravelled to become par-boiled Rowntrees jelly.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:44 - Mar 6 with 3183 viewsstevec

To be fair to the ref, reckon the whole of SAR had a better view than the ref did and no one up there thought he’d punched it.

Thought he contributed to a free flowing game. Had a wobble late on but in that atmosphere it did get a bit testy for him.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:50 - Mar 6 with 3123 viewsnumptydumpty

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 23:04 - Mar 6 by Benny_the_Ball

VAR makes more mistakes than it solves and stops games for long periods

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024