Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JCS 01:53 - Mar 7 with 3181 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Just a cautionary note but I noticed that JCS didn't look too happy when he was substituted. I hope that this was simply frustration at being subbed rather than anything more sinister. He's been excellent in recent weeks, building a solid partnership with Cook. Moreover, this has allowed Marti to experiment with Dunne at right back, which has been a welcome success. Here's hoping that I'm reading something into nothing and JCS hasn't picked up an injury as we'll need him for the run-in.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2:07]
JCS on 01:57 - Mar 7 with 3159 viewsqpr1976

Wasn’t Paal playing LB, thus Dunne at RB ?
JCS on 02:07 - Mar 7 with 3140 viewsBenny_the_Ball

JCS on 01:57 - Mar 7 by qpr1976

Wasn’t Paal playing LB, thus Dunne at RB ?

My mistake, thanks. Duly edited. I'll now go and write L and R on each of my shoes!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2:12]
JCS on 06:13 - Mar 7 with 2806 viewstraininvain

Anderson also looked a bit miffed at being subbed. Healthy competition for places and good to see imo.
JCS on 06:48 - Mar 7 with 2669 viewshoops_legend

I think he was frustrated that we were losing 2-1 at the time and he couldn’t contribute more. I love to see that passion

To many players in the past have been happy to put their feet up - these players want to all play right now because Marti has given them a purpose
JCS on 07:17 - Mar 7 with 2560 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Who wants players smiling when they have been subbed? The whole squad now want to play, exactly how it should be.
JCS on 08:24 - Mar 7 with 2182 viewsgazza1

Players should be 'long faced' when they are replaced unless they are injured or whatever. MC must have a lot of trust in his squad because he appears not to be too bothered when he replaces some of our better players - he does it for the right reasons and the players unhappiness does not come into it. It does not always mean they are replaced because they are playing poorly, could be tactical, fitness, etc.

Good management skills.
JCS on 08:37 - Mar 7 with 2119 viewssdm1508

JCS on 06:13 - Mar 7 by traininvain

Anderson also looked a bit miffed at being subbed. Healthy competition for places and good to see imo.

Thought he was having another very solid game. You can see that extra bit of class that he has. Always seems to have time on the ball, and doesn't rush. Couple of times where he could have passed it on, paused for a moment and then did an even better pass elsewhere.

Doesn't just cross it into the box either and always aims for the space the player is running into or straight to them. Love his celebration for the first goal after crossing it for Field to score

Noticed as well he, a lot of the time is the person who initiates the press on the opposition back four. Last night though Willock needed to come on sooner but had no clue who would come off. For maybe Smyth but with his pace can always create something out of nothing.
JCS on 08:50 - Mar 7 with 2001 viewstraininvain

JCS on 08:37 - Mar 7 by sdm1508

Thought he was having another very solid game. You can see that extra bit of class that he has. Always seems to have time on the ball, and doesn't rush. Couple of times where he could have passed it on, paused for a moment and then did an even better pass elsewhere.

Doesn't just cross it into the box either and always aims for the space the player is running into or straight to them. Love his celebration for the first goal after crossing it for Field to score

Noticed as well he, a lot of the time is the person who initiates the press on the opposition back four. Last night though Willock needed to come on sooner but had no clue who would come off. For maybe Smyth but with his pace can always create something out of nothing.

Agree re Anderson, you can tell he’s played at a higher level as always seems to have more time on the ball. Hadn’t realised that he played under Marti at a former club.

Great bit of business for the club between Anderson and Frey. Do we have them signed up beyond the end of this season?
Login to get fewer ads

JCS on 09:23 - Mar 7 with 1887 viewsfrancisbowles

JCS on 08:24 - Mar 7 by gazza1

Players should be 'long faced' when they are replaced unless they are injured or whatever. MC must have a lot of trust in his squad because he appears not to be too bothered when he replaces some of our better players - he does it for the right reasons and the players unhappiness does not come into it. It does not always mean they are replaced because they are playing poorly, could be tactical, fitness, etc.

Good management skills.

Yes Gazza, and he is protecting them from excessive fatigue and a higher possibility of injury, as we have another game less than 72 hours after this one.
JCS on 10:09 - Mar 7 with 1709 viewsrobith

None of our players looked happy to come off and that's good imo
JCS on 10:16 - Mar 7 with 1650 viewslassel

As others have said I think he was just frustrated that it was still 1-2.
JCS on 10:17 - Mar 7 with 1632 viewsterryb

I thought all the players that went off wanted to stay on!

That is exactly as I would want it to be.
JCS on 10:37 - Mar 7 with 1553 viewsPunteR

JCS on 06:48 - Mar 7 by hoops_legend

I think he was frustrated that we were losing 2-1 at the time and he couldn’t contribute more. I love to see that passion

To many players in the past have been happy to put their feet up - these players want to all play right now because Marti has given them a purpose

Yeh thats how I read it. Which a few months ago I would have assumed he was peed off with not being subbed sooner.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

JCS on 11:33 - Mar 7 with 1376 views100percent

the fitness levels recently have amazed me - both JCS and Cook have played a lot of games and have remained fit and available. Not sure if this is because Marti has brought in a different training schedule, but whatever it is, it seems to be working. Fox as a late substitution also seems a strong move.
As Marti says, each player has a part to play in the run in and he seems to be using them excellently...
JCS on 11:41 - Mar 7 with 1326 viewsdmm

JCS on 11:33 - Mar 7 by 100percent

the fitness levels recently have amazed me - both JCS and Cook have played a lot of games and have remained fit and available. Not sure if this is because Marti has brought in a different training schedule, but whatever it is, it seems to be working. Fox as a late substitution also seems a strong move.
As Marti says, each player has a part to play in the run in and he seems to be using them excellently...

I too have been impressed with fitness levels and the relative lack of injuries. Director of Performance Ben Williams seems to be doing a great job.
JCS on 12:56 - Mar 7 with 1098 viewsTheChef

JCS on 11:41 - Mar 7 by dmm

I too have been impressed with fitness levels and the relative lack of injuries. Director of Performance Ben Williams seems to be doing a great job.

Agreed.

Although arguably when a team is doing well, those strains and niggles which might prevent you playing become less of an issue...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

JCS on 13:12 - Mar 7 with 1014 viewsCLAREMAN1995

JCS on 12:56 - Mar 7 by TheChef

Agreed.

Although arguably when a team is doing well, those strains and niggles which might prevent you playing become less of an issue...

Not only that its all about the Manager ib our case I strongly believe TheChef.
Even when we had that 3 game slide under Marti JCS never threw in the towel or not onw QPR player sat down on the field and waved to the bench.
There were multiple examples under GA when they would simply refuse to continue and he was really frustrated.
Now maybe its the new system where they only played 60 minutes early in the season or something but I believe its all about the influnce of Marti.
JCS is a superb player and is not afraid to nail someone from behind then talk sh*t to the ref like he is innocent its about time we grew a pair.Long may he stay at QPR
JCS on 13:59 - Mar 7 with 872 viewsTheChef

JCS on 13:12 - Mar 7 by CLAREMAN1995

Not only that its all about the Manager ib our case I strongly believe TheChef.
Even when we had that 3 game slide under Marti JCS never threw in the towel or not onw QPR player sat down on the field and waved to the bench.
There were multiple examples under GA when they would simply refuse to continue and he was really frustrated.
Now maybe its the new system where they only played 60 minutes early in the season or something but I believe its all about the influnce of Marti.
JCS is a superb player and is not afraid to nail someone from behind then talk sh*t to the ref like he is innocent its about time we grew a pair.Long may he stay at QPR

Oh for sure he plays a big part in that - the fact the players seem to believe in him and he's developed a pattern of play where they all know their roles. And that he encourages attacking play as well.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

JCS on 14:02 - Mar 7 with 858 viewsbosh67

JCS on 07:17 - Mar 7 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Who wants players smiling when they have been subbed? The whole squad now want to play, exactly how it should be.

This 100%

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

JCS on 15:07 - Mar 7 with 724 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I agree with most that it's great seeing players care. I guess in the case of JCS I'm being a bit over cautious because of his injury record. Here's hoping it was nothing but pure frustration and JCS will remain fit for the run-in. Kudos to the backroom staff for an amazing job improving the squad's fitness and availability.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024