Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report 21:38 - Mar 7 with 5193 viewsNorthernr

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report 7th Mar 2024 21:21
On a night when we came together to remember Stan Bowles, QPR served up a classic and controversial cliffhanger that played to the finest entertainer traditions of the club and its greatest ever player. 15

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 21:41 - Mar 7 with 4016 viewsMonkey_Roots

Yay…
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:04 - Mar 7 with 3817 viewscolinallcars

Great.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:08 - Mar 7 with 3781 viewsmart_Goblin

I’d forgotten about the ref stopping Frey from taking a throw to send one of our players clear because …….only Eltringham knows!!
I do wonder if the fitness of these refs is a problem . It’s understandable as these games are played at such a pace but they seem to do ok (ish) for an hour then they unravel into a world of shit week in week out. He lost control of everything towards the end last night .

Great write up. I don’t remember LR as electric as that since maybe that run in under Hughes and the Liverpool game in particular.

It’s was just wonderful to part of as you say.
And we didn’t even win!!! Madness
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:10 - Mar 7 with 3741 viewsWegerles_Stairs

"Look at the number of men we put in the penalty area now." This. Seems a sensible thing for a team to do when you're trying to score, yes? Incredible how we haven't been doing this for such a long time.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:11 - Mar 7 with 3726 viewsWatfordR

Read your report Clive and absolutely relived the whole night again. Which is not good news because I haven't recovered from living it all the first time!

Captured everything in there mate, well done and thank you.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:12 - Mar 7 with 3706 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:08 - Mar 7 by mart_Goblin

I’d forgotten about the ref stopping Frey from taking a throw to send one of our players clear because …….only Eltringham knows!!
I do wonder if the fitness of these refs is a problem . It’s understandable as these games are played at such a pace but they seem to do ok (ish) for an hour then they unravel into a world of shit week in week out. He lost control of everything towards the end last night .

Great write up. I don’t remember LR as electric as that since maybe that run in under Hughes and the Liverpool game in particular.

It’s was just wonderful to part of as you say.
And we didn’t even win!!! Madness

It's Law 532 Clause 2. "Big, bald Swiss strikers who have missed a penalty must wait ten seconds before taking a throw-in." Fair play to Eltringham for his pedantry.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:38 - Mar 7 with 3482 viewsMonkey_Roots

Fantastic and funny, thanks Clive.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:47 - Mar 7 with 3406 viewsNoelmc

Almost as entertaining as that wonderful match! Thank you.
Login to get fewer ads

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:52 - Mar 7 with 3348 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:47 - Mar 7 by Noelmc

Seconded.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 23:01 - Mar 7 with 3277 viewsbosh67

Brilliant and joyous write up Clive.

If it was a drama and you wrote the line...

and then in the last few minutes Steve Cook bicycle kicks the ball Trevor Sinclair style but an ex-R clears it from under the bar....

the execs would say, nah, re-write, none of that would ever happen... but it did.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 23:20 - Mar 7 with 3179 viewsPunteR

Fantastic. Love these reports when we play well and we get to re live those moments again but with your added observations, sense of humour and love for our club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 23:27 - Mar 7 with 3148 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Oh my god. I’ve been looking forward to that all day… that write up was magnificent. Thank you. That was almost as good as my lad and I going mad when the equaliser went in!!
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 00:00 - Mar 8 with 3028 viewsSydneyRs

I'm not sure I can ever remember opposition fans almost unanimously praising us the way WBA fans have after not getting a win. Usually its all "they were rubbish but we were worse". Hugely encouraging to hear.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 00:24 - Mar 8 with 2965 viewsCLAREMAN1995

We should give out ratings for your match reports and this one hits the perfect 10.
You managed to capture the whole night beautifully and its been long over due for the fans who sat through the last 12 months of horrible performances and results .
How many times are we going to get screwed by officials its getting serious now almost like nobody likes us .
Still we just have to battle on and I think this team truly believe now that they can stay up which is just what the doctor ordered
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 00:45 - Mar 8 with 2915 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:47 - Mar 7 by Noelmc

Thirded.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 03:39 - Mar 8 with 2716 viewsQuillPenRiot

I only got to watch snippets of the game whilst working, but oh my god it was so good and so frustrating. You’re right, what a weird unforgettable amazing team that has been quite possibly both the worst and best WBA has faced this season. And WTH that ref…and WTF that I love this team so much and love this team so much that in the dream of life QPR makes me feel alive. Ty, Clive for the excellent report
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 06:27 - Mar 8 with 2499 viewsloneranger1

Many thanks Clive, excellent write-up of a wonderful night which really did make me think we might just be all right... roll on Saturday, COYRs!!!!
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 07:25 - Mar 8 with 2363 viewsPaddyhoops

Steve cook bicycle kicks , Jimmy Dunne wrong foot crosses , Sam field potential hatrick , penalty miss. You couldn’t make this shit up.
What a club , what an exhilarating month , home and away , I’ve seen it all .
What a time to be alive.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 07:33 - Mar 8 with 2311 viewsRs_Holy

'There’s a classy continental ten cutting about with flaxen-hair spilling across his shoulders, dictating the play and never giving the ball away, at the same time as a giant Irish centre back is having a banterous time down the right wing, Cruyff turning around bemused opponents. It shouldn’t work, but it does. The sublime and the ridiculous. The island of misfit toys. Mavericks and mainstays, with an innovator in the dugout'.

Jeez Clive... sheer poetry mate!
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 07:35 - Mar 8 with 2314 viewsPaddyhoops

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 00:24 - Mar 8 by CLAREMAN1995

We should give out ratings for your match reports and this one hits the perfect 10.
You managed to capture the whole night beautifully and its been long over due for the fans who sat through the last 12 months of horrible performances and results .
How many times are we going to get screwed by officials its getting serious now almost like nobody likes us .
Still we just have to battle on and I think this team truly believe now that they can stay up which is just what the doctor ordered

We were right underneath the handball incident and in all honesty we thought it was a nothing but an unbelievable save . So to a certain extent I have some sympathy with the ref.
As for the rest of his performance, it was woeful.
The Smyth shirt pulling incident was pathetic officiating from the ref and Lino. 4 yards in the case of the Lino and 10 in the case of the ref.
Abysmal.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 07:51 - Mar 8 with 2255 viewsWokingR

Come on mate.
No more accidental spillages on Saturday please

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 08:08 - Mar 8 with 2204 viewsPhilmyRs

Great report, which reflected one of our best recent performances. Interesting stuff too around changing your view on “the QPR way”. I agree with the sentiment, QPR isn’t just about a “play it on the deck style” it’s more than that - a collection of misfits, all playing to their max with a couple of Stanley type diamonds mixed in. Turning up, accepting no possession and trying to steal a point or 3 isn’t, and never will be the Rangers way. We take it to them on our patch, regardless of opposition.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 08:12 - Mar 8 with 2185 viewswestberksr

great report Clive; hopefully the next one on Monday will be as hangover driven and positive.

this division is utterly mental and we fit right in!
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 08:15 - Mar 8 with 2170 viewsTonto

A thought on the non penalty/play on just before Foelds first goal...

I thought Frey went down in Installments, too BUT... why did Palmer need extensive surgery on his head if he hadn't caught Freys heal? Maybe we are doing Frey a disservice?

Thankfully it doesn't matter...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 08:32 - Mar 8 with 2099 viewsNorthernr

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 08:15 - Mar 8 by Tonto

A thought on the non penalty/play on just before Foelds first goal...

I thought Frey went down in Installments, too BUT... why did Palmer need extensive surgery on his head if he hadn't caught Freys heal? Maybe we are doing Frey a disservice?

Thankfully it doesn't matter...

Good point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024