Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I love Marti……….. 17:22 - Mar 9 with 4569 viewsSnipper

………… but I think he got the subs completely wrong today.

He’s allowed a bad day. After all, we’d be screwed without him.

Onto next Saturday.
I love Marti……….. on 17:43 - Mar 9 with 2619 viewsjeffranger

Yep agree about subs too hasty just after halftime, that was an awful performance & mom was Howson as he controlled the game from start to finish
I love Marti……….. on 17:49 - Mar 9 with 2563 viewsAntti_Heinola

I thought it was right subs at right time. Hayden did really well when he came on and Smyth played better than Chair.
I didn’t think we were much worse than them, they had a better keeper, the bald centre back controlled Frey, and Howson was really good.
I thought the mistake was prob in starting lineup where Frey who gave so much on wed should have started on the bench.
First half was v even, we had better chances but Seny saved them. Second half we created little, they created two and scored them. Classic mid table game, sadly we’re not mid table and need to win these.
5 HUGE games coming up and we are as deep in the mire as we ever were.

Bare bones.

I love Marti……….. on 18:05 - Mar 9 with 2493 viewsPikey

Subs smacked of something pre arranged.with subs at wrong time and guys coming on makkng no impresdion at all.
As as I like Marti he got it very wrong todsy
I love Marti……….. on 18:19 - Mar 9 with 2426 viewsRuislipHoop

Set up was wrong from the start,
I love Marti……….. on 18:23 - Mar 9 with 2390 viewsrbee

The way the day panned out, especially the second half, no matter the starting line up, the formation, the substitutions, I don't think the outcome would have been any different.
I love Marti……….. on 18:26 - Mar 9 with 2375 viewsbosh67

Marti on today...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/march/09/today-is-not-a-happy-day/

He's not happy and I think/hope we'll see a much more energetic game at Sunderland.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I love Marti……….. on 18:28 - Mar 9 with 2366 viewsted_hendrix

I love Marti……….. on 17:49 - Mar 9 by Antti_Heinola

I thought it was right subs at right time. Hayden did really well when he came on and Smyth played better than Chair.
I didn’t think we were much worse than them, they had a better keeper, the bald centre back controlled Frey, and Howson was really good.
I thought the mistake was prob in starting lineup where Frey who gave so much on wed should have started on the bench.
First half was v even, we had better chances but Seny saved them. Second half we created little, they created two and scored them. Classic mid table game, sadly we’re not mid table and need to win these.

We've been In the mire since the 5th August 2023.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I love Marti……….. on 18:28 - Mar 9 with 2350 viewscolinallcars

I love Marti……….. on 17:49 - Mar 9 by Antti_Heinola

Huge games indeed but our only hope lies with the other teams losing I feel.
This team is rather unlikely to put together a good enough run otherwise.
Login to get fewer ads

I love Marti……….. on 18:52 - Mar 9 with 2248 viewsAntti_Heinola

I love Marti……….. on 18:28 - Mar 9 by colinallcars

Huge games indeed but our only hope lies with the other teams losing I feel.
This team is rather unlikely to put together a good enough run otherwise.

Not sure what you mean. We have literally just put together a run that were we to repeat it again now, we’d stay up.
And of course other teams will lose. Everyone loses.

Bare bones.

I love Marti……….. on 19:15 - Mar 9 with 2134 viewsWesty75

I love Marti……….. on 18:52 - Mar 9 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure what you mean. We have literally just put together a run that were we to repeat it again now, we’d stay up.
And of course other teams will lose. Everyone loses.

^This. Unimaginably better position than a couple of months ago when we were 5 points adrift with one team we had any hope of catching and no sign that we could put together any run of results.
I love Marti……….. on 19:31 - Mar 9 with 2078 viewsHammersmithR

Completely. Today was on the manager. Not always convinced when Field and Colback both start. The subs were all pre-planned. We have to leave Chair on because he always attracts a number of players to him. But today was all about getting the first goal and that killed us. Didn’t think they were good at all. Begovic is just not good enough at this level. He’s so sluggish. More pressure on us now at Sunderland. Really frustrating afternoon.
I love Marti……….. on 19:49 - Mar 9 with 1979 viewsParkRoyalR

It's was'nt the Subs he got wrong (Field apart) it was the Starting XI - how did a player who could only do half hour odd 3 weeks ago start today after running himself into the ground on Wednesday?

Frey was on wobbly legs from the off and with all this modern coaching + data how the hell did starting him make any sense.

We need to stick with Leicester + Bristol City starting XI and stop tinkering as this is going to the wire.
I love Marti……….. on 19:51 - Mar 9 with 1974 viewsNortholt_Rs

I think Cifuentes got schooled by Carrick today. Boro tactics worked perfectly for them and we had no answer. Very, very poor all round especially after that great performance against West Brom midweek. Utterly depressing :(

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

I love Marti……….. on 19:52 - Mar 9 with 1965 viewsSpaceman_P

let's just think about this a second. Critchley Then GA.... we're in this position cos of them. If we get relegated it's definitely down to them. Cos I think the team as they are now, would've been higher up the table.

Today the first half, we actually were really good. Second half shite.
I love Marti……….. on 19:53 - Mar 9 with 1958 viewsNorthantsHoop

I love Marti……….. on 17:43 - Mar 9 by jeffranger

Yep agree about subs too hasty just after halftime, that was an awful performance & mom was Howson as he controlled the game from start to finish

Agree thought Howson was very good for Boro.Would have preferred Hayden starting today over Colback and I thought Willock's performance a little below par, Andersen faded a bit like our whole 2nd half performance. Our problem is failing to score first, they got the goal and the game was theirs.
[Post edited 9 Mar 19:54]
I love Marti……….. on 20:12 - Mar 9 with 1862 viewsNed_Kennedys

I love Marti……….. on 19:52 - Mar 9 by Spaceman_P

let's just think about this a second. Critchley Then GA.... we're in this position cos of them. If we get relegated it's definitely down to them. Cos I think the team as they are now, would've been higher up the table.

Very harsh blaming Critchley for this season.

And we were certainly not ‘really good’ in the first half: both teams were pretty average but unfortunately only one team pushed on in the second half.
I love Marti……….. on 20:13 - Mar 9 with 1862 viewsnix

I love Marti……….. on 19:53 - Mar 9 by NorthantsHoop

Agree thought Howson was very good for Boro.Would have preferred Hayden starting today over Colback and I thought Willock's performance a little below par, Andersen faded a bit like our whole 2nd half performance. Our problem is failing to score first, they got the goal and the game was theirs.
[Post edited 9 Mar 19:54]

I agree with all of this.

Colback looks neat because he never plays a penetrating ball, he always seems to play sideways or backwards. When you're trying to beat the high press you need to play quickly around the other team. Colback doesn't work with this. We rarely broke through their lines.

I would have taken him off and not Field and pushed Field up a bit, like he played on Wednesday.

Chair just looked too tired today. He ran an awful lot in the previous two games. Maybe should have started with Hodge.

However, Marti so often gets things right, so I'm being picky here. The real issue is we were robbed on Wednesday and totally deserved to get six points from nine instead of only four. It also puts more pressure on us again with yet another must win match.
I love Marti……….. on 20:15 - Mar 9 with 1857 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought Chair was lucky to come out second half to be honest, he was neither pressing or doing his defensive work, back to his worst self of overplaying as well he looked exhausted, ill even.

I'd have hooked Colback instead of Field but Hayden had to come on and Frey was clearly not as energetic (also not helped with making 3 or 4 runs and we holding on to the ball as well), Would Armstrong have made more of a difference I dont know but Dykes and Smyth were both very poor.

Bottom line is Boro out thought and out fought us. Coupled with Flapovic being a total liability both with the ball at his feet and his reactions

Edit - To be fair to Chair I forgot it's Ramadan at the moment so he's fasting so recovery from Wednesday would have been tougher for him
[Post edited 9 Mar 20:47]
I love Marti……….. on 20:47 - Mar 9 with 1782 viewsHunterhoop

This. Plus Willock was poor. Field needed to stay on. Colback was very poor today and needed to come off.subs made us worse.

Marti’s good; he’s not perfect. The players certainly aren’t.
I love Marti……….. on 20:48 - Mar 9 with 1776 viewsslmrstid

I don't think he got them wrong per se, they just didn't have the effect on the game that was hoped for.

The game was already being taken control of by Boro so I don't blame him for trying it proactively early in the half.

Some weeks you make proactive changes, it works and everyone calls you a genius. Sometimes it doesn't and you get criticised - Marti will know that's how it goes.

Disappointing, but its just the way it goes sometimes. That said I'd have thrown Armstrong on instead of Dykes, he was really poor.
I love Marti……….. on 20:56 - Mar 9 with 1728 viewsnix

I don't think he was wrong to make early changes. If things aren't working I'd prefer him being proactive, yes. It's I thought Colback was poor and I'd have taken him off first.

But agree that you can't always get things right and Marti does more often than not.
I love Marti……….. on 21:31 - Mar 9 with 1656 viewsStanisgod

I love Marti……….. on 20:13 - Mar 9 by nix

Colback looks neat because he never plays a penetrating ball, he always seems to play sideways or backwards. When you're trying to beat the high press you need to play quickly around the other team. Colback doesn't work with this. We rarely broke through their lines.

I would have taken him off and not Field and pushed Field up a bit, like he played on Wednesday.

Chair just looked too tired today. He ran an awful lot in the previous two games. Maybe should have started with Hodge.

However, Marti so often gets things right, so I'm being picky here. The real issue is we were robbed on Wednesday and totally deserved to get six points from nine instead of only four. It also puts more pressure on us again with yet another must win match.

Saidthis on another thread . Colback should have been hooked, Field so much better with Hayden last two games. Hayden generally plays forward s Field doesn't have to keep coming back.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

I love Marti……….. on 21:34 - Mar 9 with 1644 viewsStanisgod

I love Marti……….. on 20:13 - Mar 9 by nix

Said this on another thread . Colback should have been hooked, Field so much better with Hayden last two games. Hayden generally plays forward so Field doesn't have to keep coming back.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

I love Marti……….. on 21:38 - Mar 9 with 1628 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Couldn't disagree more. We were well under the cosh at the start of the 2nd half, without those changes it would of been worse.
I love Marti……….. on 21:48 - Mar 9 with 1573 viewsRanger_Things

I love Marti……….. on 19:52 - Mar 9 by Spaceman_P

Critchley! Bloody hell I’d completely forgotten about him. Probably because I’m still dealing with the trauma of Ainsworth.
[Post edited 9 Mar 21:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024