Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 59406 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Begovic on 19:41 - Mar 9 with 1963 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic on 19:25 - Mar 9 by richpr

So predictable. Usual LFW Begovic hate mob out in force.

Or he was just at fault for the second at least if not the first. It’s not a hate mob. The bloke just isn’t a good goalkeeper.
Begovic (n/t) on 19:45 - Mar 9 with 1941 viewsQPsyR

[Post edited 15 Mar 22:56]

FKA AcidPixie

Begovic on 19:47 - Mar 9 with 1926 viewsHammersmithR

He can’t play in Marti’s system. He’s so immobile. He has the arse the size of a house! Hate having a keeper as captain. Most games when we concede he’s at fault for one of the goals. And he’s Chelsea.
Begovic on 19:48 - Mar 9 with 1915 viewsFDC

Begovic on 19:19 - Mar 9 by cheeseydane

Is this really the best time to start a witchhunt on our keeper and captain, whatever the circumstance?
Next game he could be mom up at Roker.

Is this a witch hunt?
Begovic on 19:50 - Mar 9 with 1896 viewswortonr

His rush out of the area first half when their guy was through probably saved a goal. Also his use of the ball is far from slow. I feel there’s plenty on here who are far from expert on goalkeeping
I reckon we could do a lot worse. As far as a replacement is concerned, surely it should be Jo Walsh?
Begovic on 19:51 - Mar 9 with 1893 viewsChrisNW6

Need to back him until end of season, I have seen far worse keepers and we have no other options. Obviously critism totally justified and his kicking and overall movement is gash. I am sure he is mature enough to take online comments for what they are and get his head down to focus on keeping us up.

Marti will get backing in the summer and a new keeper will be a priority.
Begovic on 19:53 - Mar 9 with 1877 viewsNortholt_Rs

He was gash today. Should’ve done better for the first and borderline criminal for the second. A decent Championship keeper saves both. Dogshĩte.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Begovic on 19:53 - Mar 9 with 1878 viewsFDC

Hate mob? Lol get a grip, no one is hating anyone, or forming a mob! I don't even know how an Internet Begovic hate mob would work, let alone be out in force.
[Post edited 9 Mar 19:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 19:54 - Mar 9 with 1865 viewshoops_legend

No chance with first goal and that was defense fault

Second one was tough but should have got it

He’s ok and he wasn’t the worst player this season
Begovic on 20:00 - Mar 9 with 1824 viewsEsox_Lucius

Currently the back ups are Joe Walsh and Matteo Salamon. Neither are as good as Asmir but, IMO Salamon will be the better keeper in the long term.
Seny's gesture and applause to the R's fans at the end of the game was appreciated. For me, he'll always welcome in W12.
WRT the game; we looked decent in the 1st half but lacked the intensity of recent games. 2nd half was 'boro doing to us what we did to them in the 1st. Overall no-one was great but no-one was bad. A weeks rest now and, based on form recently, should see us pick up the reins again.
[Post edited 9 Mar 20:05]

The grass is always greener.

Begovic on 20:00 - Mar 9 with 1815 viewsdigswellhoop

who cares drop him for a couple of weeks he wont care because he wont be here next season
Begovic on 20:01 - Mar 9 with 1822 viewsTacticalR

How about getting in Cédric Kipré? Great shot stopper.

Air hostess clique

Begovic on 20:05 - Mar 9 with 1783 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 19:53 - Mar 9 by FDC

Hate mob? Lol get a grip, no one is hating anyone, or forming a mob! I don't even know how an Internet Begovic hate mob would work, let alone be out in force.

There’s a few on here who clearly hate him, especially because he played for Chelsea.
It’s a bit odd.
Begovic on 20:10 - Mar 9 with 1750 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I don't think Asmir could've done much for the first goal. The defence were drawn to the ball and left Lath in space. Tidy finish from the Boro striker; it looked in from the moment it left his boot. If you watch Lath he spins away to celebrate before the ball has even reached the goal. He knows our keeper isn't saving it.

However, the second was poor from Begovic. The goalscorer, Forss, was beyond the far post. His only option was to head back towards goal, something Begovic failed to anticipate. Asmir is starting to look his age.
Begovic on 20:13 - Mar 9 with 1737 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Begovic on 18:14 - Mar 9 by rbee

He isn't too bad for an injured, veteran keeper.

I don't think he's injured. He's simply a veteran keeper who's starting to look a little past his sell by date. He'll be replaced in the summer. We just have to hope that he has enough left in the tank to help keep us up this season.
[Post edited 9 Mar 20:16]
Begovic on 20:15 - Mar 9 with 1730 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Begovic on 18:49 - Mar 9 by Ned_Kennedys

He’s our Captain, we clearly have no better keeper we can play instead and he’s not going to be dropped by Marti. And he’ll be gone in the summer.
Suck it in and stop bleating.

Performances aside, Begovic shouldn't be our captain. Frankly I'm amazed that Marti hasn't given the armband to Cook.
Begovic on 20:19 - Mar 9 with 1713 viewsbaz_qpr

He has to be better, his reactions were very poor and he played us into trouble a few times. I dont think it helps he comes across as quite nonchalant. If we are to get through this we need everyone at their best and sharpest
Begovic on 20:21 - Mar 9 with 1703 viewsChrisNW6

Begovic on 20:00 - Mar 9 by digswellhoop

who cares drop him for a couple of weeks he wont care because he wont be here next season

Yeah drop your best keeper and captain for a couple of games when you are in a relegation dog fight with 9 games to go, that'll learn him.

🤯
Begovic on 20:22 - Mar 9 with 1671 viewsSuperhoops2808

I didnt see the game

But, as has already been said there is 11 players out there.

We lose as a club/team just as we win as one.

From reading the reports, I think after the last 2 games we just ran out of steam, and we were mentally drained meaning people make more mistakes.
Begovic on 20:27 - Mar 9 with 1675 viewsbaz_qpr

Begovic on 20:22 - Mar 9 by Superhoops2808

I didnt see the game

From reading the reports, I think after the last 2 games we just ran out of steam, and we were mentally drained meaning people make more mistakes.

cost us a goal at Leicester and every other keeper in the championship is saving their 2nd. To be a winning team you have to be accountable and has to be accountable for his mistakes and look to put it right
Begovic on 20:28 - Mar 9 with 1672 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 20:15 - Mar 9 by Benny_the_Ball

Performances aside, Begovic shouldn't be our captain. Frankly I'm amazed that Marti hasn't given the armband to Cook.

Well everyone seems to think Marti is a good manager so it’s telling that he has kept Begovic as captain. Don’t think Cook has ever been captain at any of his clubs by the way.
Begovic on 20:28 - Mar 9 with 1661 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Begovic on 20:22 - Mar 9 by Superhoops2808

I didnt see the game

I agree that we lose as a team but Asmir is the one QPR player who can't point to mental fatigue today. He was a virtual spectator against West Brom.
Begovic on 20:41 - Mar 9 with 1627 viewscheeseydane

Begovic on 20:28 - Mar 9 by Benny_the_Ball

I agree that we lose as a team but Asmir is the one QPR player who can't point to mental fatigue today. He was a virtual spectator against West Brom.

Curious. Why would a keeper be less mentally fatigued than an outfield pllayer?

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Begovic on 20:43 - Mar 9 with 1620 viewsMr_Beef

Begovic on 20:28 - Mar 9 by Ned_Kennedys

Well everyone seems to think Marti is a good manager so it’s telling that he has kept Begovic as captain. Don’t think Cook has ever been captain at any of his clubs by the way.

I don't think the captaincy is seen in the same way in many countries as it is here. Other than going up for the toss there's nothing that Cook couldn't do now that he could do as captain. Changing the captain when he arrived would probably wasn't something Cifuentes even considered.
Begovic on 20:47 - Mar 9 with 1598 viewsFredManRave

Begovic on 19:53 - Mar 9 by FDC

Begovic by E17hoop 9 Mar 17:57
I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

Allegedly.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024