Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senny 08:15 - Apr 4 with 3030 viewsLblock

Hope we had a sell on clause as he might be another source of income this summer

From The Telegraph
Middlesbrough's Seny Dieng has interest from Premier League and European clubs ahead of a busy summer of trading for goalkeepers.

If him and Eze move for decent fees could be a nice little touch for the budget

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Senny on 08:51 - Apr 4 with 2859 viewsstevec

No idea if we have but I do think sell on clauses should only be allowed, in fact made compulsory, on deals where you directly sell up a Division or more.

In Seny case, we only managed to sell sideways. Dickie same. If Seny has developed such that a Premier club want him now then really only Middlesbrough should stand to gain.

If this was compulsory, it would alleviate the problem of losing good youth players for peanuts to a large extent.

Eze yes, Sterling Yes. Seny no. Dickie no.
Senny on 09:22 - Apr 4 with 2719 viewsLblock

Senny on 08:51 - Apr 4 by stevec

No idea if we have but I do think sell on clauses should only be allowed, in fact made compulsory, on deals where you directly sell up a Division or more.

In Seny case, we only managed to sell sideways. Dickie same. If Seny has developed such that a Premier club want him now then really only Middlesbrough should stand to gain.

If this was compulsory, it would alleviate the problem of losing good youth players for peanuts to a large extent.

But what if they don’t “develop” for reasons the club can’t control and then you have to sell sideways?

For example not being able to settle in an area, personality clash with a new manager or the himself chucking a strop (see post Beale era)

It suits the buying club as it’s a lower fee and they accept the potential % reduction if ever sold on.

If Senny goes for £10mill and we get £2mill I’m sure Boro be happy with their £8mill
Everyone’s a winner baby

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Senny on 09:28 - Apr 4 with 2690 viewshamptonhillhoop

The counter argument to that is that QPR developed him for many years, sending him out on various loans etc and then taking the risk of blooding him in the Championship. He's been at Borough for one season
Senny on 09:28 - Apr 4 with 2679 viewsdmm

I'm pretty sure there was no sell on clause in Dieng's transfer to Borough. He cost them 'up to' £2m so, should it happen, a PL transfer should net them a pretty penny.
Senny on 09:45 - Apr 4 with 2582 viewsGroveR

I think Seny has an agent who knows how to talk up his client.
Senny on 09:50 - Apr 4 with 2549 viewsCateLeBonR

Senny on 09:28 - Apr 4 by hamptonhillhoop

The counter argument to that is that QPR developed him for many years, sending him out on various loans etc and then taking the risk of blooding him in the Championship. He's been at Borough for one season

To counter that you could argue that Boro have generally been a well run club lately and proven very able to develop and sell on it’s players. So in a better position to pick off players from struggling clubs like QPR.

I think you’d need to have much greater parity of budgets and stronger/better rules in the Championship/Premier League for this to work properly and fairly but I like the idea. Also I’m not sure how it would work with players moving from teams in the Championship to top tier clubs in say Scotland/France/Belgium/Netherlands. Would that be classed as a step up or a side ways move?
Senny on 09:54 - Apr 4 with 2519 viewsdannyblue

It's a private negotiation between two parties both trying to get a good deal. Is there a reason for anyone else to interfere with it?

Hope we have a clause and well done Seny if he gets such a move.
Senny on 09:55 - Apr 4 with 2514 viewsE17hoop

Senny on 09:45 - Apr 4 by GroveR

I think Seny has an agent who knows how to talk up his client.

*fluffer*

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Senny on 10:04 - Apr 4 with 2397 viewsPlanetHonneywood

And let's say a club comes down from the Prem with a shed load of parachute payments, then by your rationale, sell-on clauses would ot be allowed.

If I have a player and you want to buy him, then depending on the relative bargaining positions, the seller, and the parties in general, should be free to negotiate a sell-on or appearance or performance clause as they see fit, regardless of the division of the buying club, wherever they are in the world.

However, in terms of young players brought through a club's youth systems, then a mandatory sell-on clause aimed at mitigating the potential loss from poaching by richer clubs might be a good thing.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Senny on 11:55 - Apr 4 with 2037 viewsSuperhoops2808

I have a Boro supporting friend and they really love and rate him. Think they will be disappointed if he does go. Would be a good signing for a lower placed PL side
Senny on 12:04 - Apr 4 with 1993 viewskensalriser

Surprised to see you speak in favour of intervention in free markets.

Who should have the power to decree this rule?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Senny on 12:09 - Apr 4 with 1972 viewsDorse

Senny on 12:04 - Apr 4 by kensalriser

Surprised to see you speak in favour of intervention in free markets.

Who should have the power to decree this rule?

This guy.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Senny on 12:11 - Apr 4 with 1941 viewsdmm

Senny on 12:09 - Apr 4 by Dorse

This guy.

Oooo, Count Binface has got a nice new costume.
Senny on 12:17 - Apr 4 with 1891 viewskensalriser

I'd be concerned about his compliance with fire safety regs tbh.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Senny on 13:15 - Apr 4 with 1710 viewshantssi

We can all agree or disagree but the only fact we’re certain of is that none of us actually know!
Senny on 22:10 - Apr 4 with 1202 viewshoops_legend

Senny on 13:15 - Apr 4 by hantssi

We can all agree or disagree but the only fact we’re certain of is that none of us actually know!

Great player - some were pleased when we sold and I couldn’t work out why
Senny on 15:13 - Apr 5 with 627 viewsDorse

Senny on 22:10 - Apr 4 by hoops_legend

Great player - some were pleased when we sold and I couldn’t work out why

They were Middlesbrough fans?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024